The Bet (The Badboy's Claim S...

By brendathatwriter

currently being edited! [the first story in the badboy's claim series] It was my turn to smirk. "I wanna make... More

THE BET
ONE ✓
TWO ✓
THREE ✓
FOUR ✓
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SIX
THIRTY-SEVEN
THIRTY-EIGHT
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY
FORTY-ONE
FORTY-TWO
FORTY-THREE
FORTY-FOUR
FORTY-FIVE
FORTY-SIX
FORTY-SEVEN
FORTY-EIGHT
FORTY-NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY-ONE
FIFTY-TWO
FIFTY-THREE
FIFTY-FOUR
FIFTY-FIVE
FIFTY-SIX
FIFTY-SEVEN
FIFTY-EIGHT
FIFTY-NINE
SIXTY
SIXTY-ONE
SIXTY-TWO
SIXTY-THREE
SIXTY-FOUR
SIXTY-FIVE
SIXTY-SIX
SIXTY-SEVEN
SIXTY-EIGHT
SIXTY-NINE
SEVENTY
SEVENTY-ONE
SEVENTY-TWO
SEVENTY-THREE
SEVENTY-FOUR
SEVENTY-FIVE
SEVENTY-SIX
SEVENTY-SEVEN
EPILOGUE
WE MEET AGAIN

NINETEEN

10.9K 303 77
By brendathatwriter

"Kimora! Come on!" Audrey shouted as Tyler honked the horn for the fifth time.

"I'm coming!" I yelled back at them. They were so impatient. I shifted my attention back to Jaxon. I was leaving from Jaxon's house today. He was in tip-top shape and my mother called, telling me that I need to come home because I've been out for too long and I needed to continue my punishment. It was saddening but, I know Jaxon needs a break from me and I do from him.

"You're welcome to come back anytime, Kitten." He winked.

I rolled my eyes but, a smile was still on my face. "I'm never going to."

He laughed. "My door is always open." He held out his hand and I looked at the keycard before looking at him confused. "In case I hurt myself again." He shrugged. I felt that he was giving me it for an alternative reason judging from the smile on his face.

I hesitantly took the keycard away from his hand. "Okay then."

"See you at school, Kitten."

I smiled, feeling a bit shy. "See you at school, Captain Douche."

Tyler honked his horn again and I spun around, glaring at him. "I'm coming okay?!"

***

"See you tomorrow, Kitten." Audrey waved as they pulled off. I shook my head, heading into my house. I knew my parents were home from the cars in the driveway. I didn't want to be bombarded with questions because I knew they were going to come. I'm pretty sure I smelt like Jaxon too and I had to take a shower before I ran into anyone. Sadly and oddly, Dad had a good nose.

I quickly walked through my house and took one step on the stairs.

"Oh, hey Kimora!"

You've gotta be kidding me.

I turned around to my Dad who was walking from out of his office. Why couldn't he just stay in there for a little while longer?

I put a fake smile on my face. "Hey..." I said awkwardly, slowly proceeding my way up the stairs. The quicker I got out here, the quicker I could take a shower and avoid getting in trouble.

"How did everything go with Audrey?" He asked.

I waved my hand. "Everything went well."

"That's good." He raised an eyebrow, noticing that I was nearly at the top of the stairs. "What are you in a rush for?"

"Uhm..."

Come on, Kimora! Think of an excuse!

"I... need to get started on homework! Caleb said... he um... had dropped off my homework for me so I'm going to go do it after I take a shower. Okay! Bye!" I lifted my foot to run off.

"Wait."

I sighed, turning back to my Dad. He definitely was going to suspect something was up. I took a deep breath, preparing myself for the punishment that I was going to get. "It'll just be you and Matthew tonight. Your Mother and I were called back to work and won't be back till later on tonight." I raised an eyebrow, taken back. I guess I wasn't going to get in trouble.

"Okay, see you later." I smiled and he nodded before his face twisted in confusion. "It smells like a rainforest in here."

I coughed. "I wonder why. Love you! Have fun!" I waved and quickly sprinted off to the safety of my room, shutting the door behind me. I thought back to what I said and mentally facepalmed myself. Have fun? Really me?

Shaking my head, I grabbed my towel, my underwear, and a large gray t-shirt. I walked into the bathroom, turning on the shower. I looked at myself in the mirror while the water got hotter. The scratches on my cheek were healed thankfully. I didn't want to go back to school still looking beat up.

I stripped out of my clothes and hopped into the shower. I sighed in relaxation, feeling the water run down my body. I let my thoughts consume me. My suspension ended today and I glad to go back to school. I know it was weird but, I was bored and I didn't want to spend my time inside all the time.

I wonder if Brooke told anyone about Jaxon calling me his girlfriend... maybe Ariana found out and put it on her blog. My heart skipped a beat and I covered my burning face even though no one was watching me.

What was going on with me? I didn't actually like Jaxon... did I?

I shook my head, getting the ridiculous thought out of my head. No, of course not. Jaxon only said that for her to get off our back. Besides, he's still a player and he always will be. Not to mention that he is apart of a gang. I definitely didn't want to get myself tangled up in that.

I hate Jaxon... well, I hated him. I'm calling it truce for now and I guess, we are friends until he pulls some stupid stunt?

I got out of the shower and slipping on my underwear and my t-shirt. I walked downstairs, smelling something burning and the fire alarm went off. I quickened my pace and found Matthew panicking over the stove. There wasn't a fire but, there was a lot of black smoke. I grabbed the pan and tossed in the sink, running water over it.

"Phew! Thanks!"

I rolled my eyes, facing Matthew who was giving me a nervous smile. "It hasn't been that long since Mom and Dad left and you're already about to burn the house down."

He pouted. "I'm hungry and you were taking too long in the shower."

"You weren't that damn hungry. What were you trying to burn anyway?"

"French toast."

I blinked. Of course, he would make his favorite breakfast food for dinner. "Order takeout or something. I'm not in the mood to cook."

He raised an eyebrow. "You? Not in the mood to cook? I thought it was your passion?"

I sighed, opening the window to let the smoke out. "I'm just exhausted."

He formed his lips into an 'o' and nodded. "You want to watch a movie?"

I opened my mouth to answer but, the doorbell rung. I raised an eyebrow and he shrugged. "I didn't invite anyone here."

"Neither did I," I mumbled before walking to the door. I stood on my tippy-toes to look out the peephole. There was a man in sunglasses and a black suit, holding a bouquet of white roses in his hand. He looked like he was from Men in Black. What confused me is that he was wearing sunglasses when it was dusk out? I glanced back at Matthew who was standing behind me before opening the door.

The man smiled but, I only got an eerie feeling from it. "Good evening."

"Can we help you?" Matthew asked awkwardly.

He nodded. "Yes. Which one of you are Miss. Kimora Woods?"

"Who is asking?" I spoke up. He handed the bouquet of roses to me and bowed. He actually bowed as if I was royalty or something. "Those are from the boss. He said they are your favorite and hopes you love them as much as he loves you."

I clenched the flowers in my hand, slightly flustered. I knew who he meant by his boss. He meant the man in the hoodie. I never would've thought that he'd actually get someone to deliver something to me. This man knew what my favorite kinds of flowers were! A chill went down my spine, thinking about this man watching me.

Matthew stepped in front of me. "Thanks."

The man nodded. "You two kids have a good night." He walked off the porch and Matthew sighed, shutting the door.

He faced me, looking at the roses. "Was he talking about Jaxon?"

I released a breath I didn't even know I was holding and plastering a fake smile on my face. "Uhm... yeah. Order some food for us while I go call him to thank him."

"Alright."

I headed towards my room, staring at the roses. I know I was lying to who really given me these but, I didn't want Matthew to be brought into danger. My intuition is telling me that something bad was going to happen and I was going to be dragged in the middle of it.

I placed the roses on my bed and ran over to my duffel bag I didn't unpack. Pulling out my phone, I called Jaxon. He didn't pick up the first time but, I called him again and thankfully, he answered on the third ring.

"Hey Kitten." His voice was groggy as if he just woke up. "Couldn't stay away from me for too long?"

"Sorry... I didn't mean to wake you up."

He chuckled. "It's fine. What's up?"

"Um..." I stared at the roses. "So... he sent flowers to my house, Jaxon."

There was long silence on the other side of the phone. I pull my phone away from my ear to check if he was still on the call. I sense the tension starting to build up. I didn't need to say who. He knew pretty well who I was referring to.

"I'll call you back." He finally spoke up and I heard the sound of keys jingling.

"No. Just don't go anywhere and stay on the phone with me!" I said quickly. He would do something foolish and get himself hurt again. "I'm okay..." I reassured him.

"Did he talk to you face to face?" He asked. The tone of his voice was deadly serious. How could he manage to sound intimidating over the phone?

I shook my head but, remembered he couldn't see me. "No. He didn't... he sent someone." I paused. "Do I know him?"

"You don't." He simply said.

I held my head, feeling a headache coming on. "I don't understand this man."

"Neither do I..."

I walked over to my bed and picked up the roses, examining them. They are extremely beautiful. I just wish they weren't giving to me from a creepy man. I put them in the trash, feeling a pang of guilt before laying on my bed. "You still there?" I asked.

"Yeah. I wasn't going anywhere." He said soothingly.

I smiled a bit and stared emptily at my ceiling. "You're such a smooth talker." He laughed softly and my stomach erupted into butterflies. Oh goodness... his laugh is so nice.

Wait. What am I doing?

I need to snap out of this trance. I don't like Jaxon more than a friend-

"Kimora!"

I sat up on my bed and Matthew standing in my doorway with a bag in his hand. "About time you heard me calling you."

"Sorry..." He gave me my food and I thanked him. He crossed his arms and gave me a weird look that Mom does when she knows something's up. "What?" I asked.

"Are you and Jaxon dating?"

I glared at him. "No! Of course not."

"Oh. Just checking." He started walking towards the door. "That's going to change shortly." He tried to mumble but, I heard him anyway. I grabbed one of my pillows and threw it at his back. 

"Get out of my room!"

"I am out of your room!"

I rolled my eyes as he shut my door.

Jaxon did a low whistle. "Wow."

"Brothers." I scoffed, eating my food.

"I have an older sister so, can't relate." I could imagine him sticking his tongue out me. Well, maybe not...

I raised my eyebrows as realization hit me. "Wait... you have an older sister?"

"Yeah. Her name's Reagan. She's getting married soon..."

"Wow, I'm happy for her." I smiled. Any girl would be happy marrying the guy they love. I hope I do one day. I noticed Jaxon was quiet for a too long. "You okay?"

"Yeah. Just thinking."   

"Oh." I simply said and nodded. I sat in silence with him as I finished my food and threw it away. I cut off my light and got comfortable in my bed. "Well, I gotta g-"

"Kimora." He quickly called me.

"Yeah?"

"Stay."

My heart fluttered and I played with the hem of the shirt. It made me feel happy that he didn't want to stop talking. I didn't but, I wanted to see what he'd say if I said I had to go. I smiled at my phone. "...okay."

***

"Kimora! Wake up!"

I groaned, hearing my Mom shout from downstairs. I am never going to be used to waking up so early in the morning. I sat up on my bed and stretched as my memory of Jaxon and I talking most of the night filled my head. I tried to turn on my phone but, it was dead.

"You've gotta be fucking kidding!"

"Language mi hija!" I heard my Dad yell.

"Lo siento!" I quickly apologized. I put my phone on the charger still. I know I wouldn't have enough time to charge it fully but, some percentage is better than none. I did my morning routine and dressed in my uniform, slightly missing the ugly outfit. I wanted to look different so I decided to do something with my hair today.

My Mom entered my room and put her hand on her hip. "What's taking you so- Oh my goodness!" She squealed and I raised an eyebrow at her through the mirror. "What's up with you Mom?"

"You're doing your hair!" She cooed. I shook my head at my Mom before finishing my half up, half down hairstyle. I nodded at myself in approval and faced my Mom, jumping at the surprise of Jaxon standing beside her.

"W-What are you d-doing here?!" I stumbled over my words. He shrugged, shoving his hands in his pockets. "You agreed to let me take you to school today."

"What are you..." I trailed off but, then I remembered he asked last night on the phone. "Oh. Right."

My Mom looked in between us with something glistening in her eye. I wasn't sure what it was but, I knew she was scheming something. "You two have fun at school." She kissed my cheek before heading downstairs.

Jaxon let out a breath of relief. "Your Mom surprised me when she spoke English. You never told me she knew it how to speak it."

I shrugged. "She doesn't want people to know until she sees them enough."

He nodded and walked closer to me. "You look splendid."

"I'm wearing my same boring uniform." I crossed my arms as he stood in front of me, a vibrant smile on his face. "You always manage to make it look not 'boring'." He put his fingers into quotations marks.

"Thanks. You look not boring too."

"Thank you." He laughed, taking another step towards me and opened his arms. I raised an eyebrow and he just smiled. I shook my head, walking past him to grab my phone and my charger. I shoved them into my backpack. "Why'd you leave me hanging?" I faced him to see he was pouting.

"Because I know you're handsy."

He smirked. "You caught me, Kitten."

I headed out of my bedroom but, he picked me up, tossing me over his shoulder. "Jaxon! Put me down!"

"I'm good." He grabbed my backpack and slung it over his other shoulder. I glared at his muscular back and pulling on his leather jacket. "Jaxon!"

"Have a nice day!" Jaxon waved at my confused parents and brother, leaving out the door.

"Put me down this instant!" I demanded, hitting his back. He laughed annoying, placing me back on my feet. I glared at him and punched him in his shoulder but, he wasn't phased at all. "Now fight me!"

He raised an eyebrow, confused. "Kitten, you can't fight me."

"I will and I can!"

"Wanna make a bet?" He challenged and I smirked. "Yes, I do. If I win, you have to take me out to dinner."

He nodded. "Okay but, if I win and I know I'm going to win, you have to kiss me."

I rolled my eyes. "You always kiss me, what's the difference now?"

He didn't say anything but, there was an amused smile still on his arrogant face. "Okay," He opened his arms. "Let's fight."

"You're not raising your fists."

He shrugged. "No point. This is a quick and easy win."

I eyed him suspiciously and I balled my fists, going to punch him but, he dodged it swiftly. I nearly gasped as he grabbed my wrist, flushing me against his chest. Okay, maybe I can't fight him. He smirked, taking in my flustered look. "I win."

I pouted. "You're a jerk."

"Mhm." He hummed not listening to me at all. He lifted my chin and leaning closer, keeping his eyes on my lips. "Which restaurant would you like me to take you to?"

"I lost though..."

"Let me know your decision after school." He ignored me, dropping his hand from my face and opened the car door for me. I blinked, slightly dumbfounded and disappointed that he didn't kiss me. He smirked and I sighed, getting in the car. He was just full of surprises this morning.

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

113K 2.2K 21
"Nobody can find out how wet I make your pussy, Is that what you're saying?" "I don't even know you for gods sake." He laughed, "Maybe not but you wa...
646K 13.3K 67
"Ava, you have to be quiet! They'll hear you-" Tears started to spill from my eyes, blending in with the rain that dripped down my face. I shouldn't...
428K 13.7K 69
"Never, under any circumstances, tell anyone the truth." That was the number one rule. After changing their identities and starting new lives, Lydia...
35.5K 1.5K 13
We were a team. A confidence team, gaining your trust and ripping you off for every penny we could squeeze out of you. Stealing millions between pick...