The Female Alpha

By Wusstig03

It's been many centuries since the Second Supernatural War, since then, werewolves have been unable to commun... More

⚠️ READERS ⚠️
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8 ✅
Chapter 9 ✅
Chapter 10 ✅
Chapter 11 ✅
Chapter 12 ✅
Chapter 13 ✅
Chapter 14 ✅
Chapter 15 ✅
Chapter 16 ✅
Chapter 17 ✅
Chapter 18 ✅
Chapter 19 ✅
Chapter 20 ✅
Chapter 21 ✅
Chapter 22 ✅
Chapter 23 ✅
Chapter 24 ✅
Chapter 25 ✅
Chapter 26 ✅
Chapter 27 ✅
Chapter 28 ✅
Chapter 29 ✅

Chapter 30 ✅

19 0 0
By Wusstig03

Katie’s POV

I take the only bus that crosses over the East’s territory to the east coast.

I note that now that I’m just relaxing until I arrive at my stop, the bus is actually faster than it should be going for safety.

It takes me less than a week to arrive at the coast.

My nose scrunches up in disgust when the foul stench of salt assaults.

“First time by the seaside?” A handsome young man says from beside me.

I don’t care how my mind automatically compares him to Jackson.

Right, Jackson. I’m thankful Silver, which is apparently my wolf’s name, has rejected me rejecting our mate. I pray Rose chips in a little now that I’m gone, but I have a feeling she will even if I didn’t tell her to.

“Yeah,” I reply. “The smell is revolting.”

“You’ll get used to it.” He chuckles when I move my mouth around because I can taste the saltiness. “The name’s Lance.”

“Katie,” I shake his offered hand. “Uh…I’m looking for a boat that will take me to the Old World.”

Lance’s smile falters a little and he’s staring at me as if it’s the first time he’s seen me. “You sure?”

“Yeah. I heard you guys take people to there all the time.” I’m confused now.

Lance laughs nervously. “You must be far from home if that’s all you heard. It’s expensive and a long journey through a dangerous sea. Plus, it’s up to those in the Old Lands on whether or not they want to take you, and they’re the ones who come up with a price.”

I shrug. “I see. And where will I meet these people?”

His eyes glide to one side of the wooden floor in the ocean, the dock, I’ve heard several times while on my way here.

There’s a ship that’s being loaded with barrels and wooden chests by men who are pale in comparison to majority of those in the area, let alone any group of people I’ve ever seen. They’re actually too pale like the dead bodies and I notice my skin looks the same.

“Those folks there are your ticket there.” Lance looks doubtfully back at me. “They’re not really a fan of those here in the New World.”

I smile at him. “I’m not either, at least with those back in the West, but what the heck right?”

Lance rubs the back of his neck awkwardly. “Actually,” he says with a forced laugh, “those from the Old Land call all of us here Westerners since we’re west of them and all.”

I’m taken aback by his words. “What?”

“Yeah, so it doesn’t matter if you tell them you’re a high ranked official or that you’re a good person, they’ll still consider us disgusting for people like their kind.” He shrugs off. “But when you work around here you get used to it.”

“Oh. Thanks... Anyways, I should get going. Thanks again, Lance.” I turn to walk away but he calls me again.

“Wait Katie,” I look back at him, “you should probably know that there will be a test for you even if you paid them. Just thought I let you know.”

I nod and thank him again before making my way to one of the pale men. I catch his attention immediately.

“What’s someone like you doing on this side of the world?” The pale man says and the other four men and a woman on board the ship look at us.

“I was born here.” I’m truthful.

The pale man scrunches his nose up appalled, “Really? But the color of your skin… it’s ours.”

I nod. “Is there something wrong with that?”

“What do you want?” The pale man clearly wants me to go away.

I ignore it for the sake of my transportation. “I want to go to the Old World.”

He snorts. “It’s not cheap honey and someone like you who looks like one of us is dangerous to bring back to our World.”

“I have the money, how much?” I hold my bag closer to my body and I’m not sure if I really do have enough, because I can only count up to nine hundred ninety-nine. My mother didn’t get a chance to teach me further than that, and though Rose had tried, life in the Arena was hard and cold so making me more stressed out about what comes after ninety-nine wasn’t wise.

“One million,” he sneers and the men and woman on board burst into a fit of laughter.

I’m not sure what they’re laughing for, but I shrug it off. I open my bag and pull out a stack of cash. They’re eyes go wide when they see the amount and thick stack of hundred dollar bills in my hand. Other noises around them have stopped and I can make out some jaws hanging open. What? Is this not enough? I mentally pout.

“This is ninety-nine hundred thousand dollars in cash.” I say. “How many more will I need to make a million?”

I swear more jaws drop around me, even the man in front of me.

“You only need a dollar left.” Lance says from beside me. “And wow, you’re loaded aren’t you?”

“Lance. Oh thanks, but I don’t have a dollar.” I say worriedly.

Lance laughs and pulls out a dollar bill. “Here.”

I smile and take it. “Thanks!” I dig in my bag and pull out a single hundred dollar bill and put it in his hand. “Here.”

Lance gapes. “This…I can’t take this?!”

“Don’t be silly. You gave the exact change I needed, and were kind enough to help me out here.” I deadpan. “Take it because I’m not taking it back.”

“I couldn’t… Alpha just mind linked all of us to make sure to take care of you while you’re here and not get cheated.” He glares at the pales and looks back at me. “And I couldn’t possibly do that.”

“How are you cheating me? I just gave a bill. Are you saying you’re denying my kindness?” I inwardly laugh as he begins to stutter for words.

“You know,” he sighs exasperatedly, “you remind me of my friend back at the pack house.”

I smile. I look back at the pale man who is now studying me. “What?” I ask. It’s disturbing how I can feel so many eyes on me. They’re different than the ones in the Arena.

“The amount needed indeed is a million dollars in cash, however, when we tell people they’re unprepared for it. You a high ranking official in some pack?” He is displeased by the turn of events.

“Sure is,” Lance answers for me. I look at him and he sends me a reassuring smile. “In fact, our Alpha here has ordered us to pay for her fee. Though, it seems she’s got it covered.”

“Oh, how nice of Jay.” I smile softly.

Lance studies me for a bit before saying. “Of course, he told us to give you the money anyways since you are our guest.”

My head snaps up. “Really? Damn, that guy really wants me to be in his debt.”

Several laughs break out around me and I realize all of them are smiling at me. Must be pack members of Jackson. There’s quite a lot. Shirtless too.

Lance hands me a bag of money, but I hand it to the pale man and stuff my money away. “Tell him when I get back I’ll repay him.”

“He figured you say that and told us to tell you that if you plan on repaying him back, just coming back is enough.” Lance says softly.

I stare at him silently.

“We work with merchants who are cunning. Only those with enough brains and brawns take up the pack work here to ensure a secure back of the Clan. Even reading our Alpha through the mind link isn’t a chore.” Lance winks.

I frown when I look around. Sure enough everyone who must be a part of the East is sending me a knowing smile, some though looked force and others don’t look happy, probably because I’m leaving. But, that doesn't seem right.

“Is that so.” I look back towards the direction I came from and I can fill my heart ache when I remember the last few weeks and the people dear to me. I look at Lance and send him a small smile.

“Can you tell him that if I do come back, and if he still wants me and has forgiven me for leaving him now, will he still accept me?” My voice is low and unsure, but it’s full of hope just like the hope Lance can see in my eyes.

Lance eyes glaze over for a second before he’s grinning. “He says he’ll wait as long as you take.”

I feel the tears slide down my cheeks and I wipe them away while grinning to myself. Cheers erupt around them suddenly and I choke on a laugh.

“You’re secret is safe with us!” One shirtless pack member says from a ship next to the pales. “Luna~”

More cheers erupt as I hug Lance. “I wonder why Keith isn’t here.” I say under my breath.

“Oh? So you know Keith?” Lance pulls back from the hug with raised eyebrows.

“You’re probably not going to like me after this but yeah. I was the white wolf who tried to kill him.” I force a laugh only for it to die out when everyone falls silent.

Lance is looking at me in complete shock. “You’re the female Alpha?!”

“What?” I snap my head to the pales.

“You’re a female Alpha?!” The pale man I’ve been talking to is just as shock as them.

“Yes?” I tilt my head to the side.

“Wait a minute,” Lance gets my attention again. “You’re one of the rogues from the West Clan Keith and a few pack members of ours tried to kill?”

I gulp as I nod.

“Oh no, don’t get me wrong. Keith is my best friend and he tells me everything. He told me and a few friends about Vivian. And he told us how he became close with one of you, which now I know is you.” Lance smiles. “Well, actually everyone here knows everything since the Beta and Keith and a few friends keep us updated, though some aren’t as nice as many.”

“I kind of figured,” I smile sheepishly. “I bet it’s from those who still think I’m a spy.”

Lance laughs. “Most likely.”

“Does that mean you know my friend is Samuel’s mate?” I ask.

Another person walks over and slings an arm around Lance’s shoulder. “My name is Brandon, and to answer your question, yup!”

“Word spreads quickly around the pack and you’re lucky we can put pieces together before scowling at someone though.” Lance slings an arm around Brandon’s shoulder. “We also know she’s the Princess of the West.”

Brandon whistles. “He hit the jackpot didn’t he? I wonder if she’s as beautiful as Samuel goes on and on about.”

I pull out a photo from my bag and face it to him.

A crowd begins to form as everyone looks at the picture of me and Rose with a few familiar faces.

Jackson is smiling next to me while staring at me. I’m leaning my head onto Rose’s shoulder. Samuel is grinning happily as he hugs Rose from behind. Nick and Sally are on their other side both smiling lovingly at each other, and Daniel and Trish are in the back making funny faces.

“Who took the picture?” Lance asks.

“Keith. I wanted him to be in the picture but he wanted a picture of just me and him.” I say.

“Do you have it?” Lance's eyes lit up.

“No, the rest of the photos are in my phone I left behind. Keith gave me this for a good luck charm.” I flip it backwards and Lance can see the familiar handwriting in the back.

He barely reads anything before I put the photo back in my bag. “So yeah.”

Chatter begins to surround me before someone clearing their throat catches my attention.

“We’re leaving now.” The pale man says. “Everything is loaded. You coming or not?”

I can tell he doesn’t like what’s going on here, and I want to shout at him what’s his problem. But, I look back at Lance and Brandon and everyone else who have gone silent.

“I guess this is goodbye.” I smile sadly at them. “I feel a little better going now thanks to you guys.”

Lance shakes his head, grinning “What are you talking?”

At my confused expression, Brandon grins cheekily, but his eyes are anything but playful. “We’ll be waiting until your return Luna.”

My heart skips a beat and I hate how I’ve grown to hope. “Yeah,” I choke out.

I turn around and can feel their eyes on me as I step aboard the ship.

It’s all too soon before the noise of the pack members die down as the ship sails away, and they’re looking more like specks prancing around on shore.

I look at the pale man studying me and I hold my bag tighter. “Isn’t there supposed to be a test?”

The pale man raises an eyebrow. “Oh? Who told you that? Well you’re not wrong, but you’re not right either.”

“What do you mean?” I ask.

The only pale woman on the ship walks in front of me. “I’m Victoria. The man behind me is called Frank.” She points to the others as she says their name, “He’s John, Noah, Jeff, and Oscar.”

“Katie,” I introduce myself.

Victoria nods her head in acknowledgement, “Katie, I’m the one who will be questioning you. Should you answer me wrong, it means death.”

My eyebrows furrow together. “What is the test?”

Victoria sighs. “What is you’re reason for going to the Old World?”

“I cannot say,” I don’t miss a beat to answer.

Victoria’s eyes narrow. “I heard you say you are a female Alpha. As in like the one in the legend. Does that have anything to do with it?”

“Yes,” I say honestly and I can feel my stomach turning violently from my confession even it was just one word.

“Do you plan to do something about the legend?” Victoria leans closer to my face.

I cough as I answer yes again.

Victoria stops and Frank is sneering at me.

“See, the lying son of a bitch!” He scowls.

Victoria shakes her head confusing him and the other males. I try holding back the blood in my throat.

“She’s suffering from telling the truth. Someone must have had other witches keep her from talking since they probably had a feeling she’d try to do something about what she is.” Victoria says.

Noah groans from the side. “And we don’t know much, this could have been a good chance to know some good information to sale.”

“You mean dangerous information?” John corrected.

Jeff scoffs. “Information is information dude.”

“Is she alright?” Oscar asks in a low voice.

“She’s probably hurting inside.” Victoria shrugs.

“You’re heartless.” Frank snorts.

“It’s part of my job,” Victoria chides, “and it’s also my job that the exchange between those who seek the Old Land from the New World is fair and clean.”

I wipe my mouth with my shirt. “I see. So you must be a witch?”

“No. I'm a Psychic, and the males aboard this ship are all some kind of supernatural creature. We’ll be sailing this sea for the next three months so prepare yourself Katie. We aren’t as nice as the wolves back in the West, and those on land in the Old World are much worse.” Victoria’s smile is wicked and threatening.

I look out to sea ignoring her. “Well hopefully I get used to the sea then.”

Noah laughs at that, and his dark blue eyes, they have me staring into them longer than is appropriate. “If you’ve lived your entire life on land, you’ll never get used to the great blue,” he says as if he knows why I’m staring.

“I already have,” I reply back and Noah stops laughing.

I look away, but I can still feel his blue pools trying to devour me.

I can’t help but think of Jackson.

Of course I can’t help but compare Noah with Jackson either.

Jackson wins in more ways than one.

I smile at the thought of him and everyone else.

‘Goodbye everyone…’

***

3rd Person POV

Meanwhile...

“Sir, the plane will be landing soon.” A flight attendant says to a man who looks like he’s in his forties in a black suite.

“Your Majesty, it seems that we’ve already arrived.” The forty year old man says to a younger looking man beside him who is looking out the window.

The younger looking man has piercing blue eyes with red hair. His eyes flicker to his reflection in the window to stare at his guard. “Good.”

“And what about Katie and Rose in the East Clan’s territory?” The guard asks.

“Leave them. Katie will come. And when we have her, we’ll kill all of those in the East and rule the New World. With her, no one will dare cross us.” The younger looking man says nonchalantly. His eyes then flickers to the couple sitting across him and stares at the woman.

The woman shivers from the intensity of the gaze and swallows.

“Vivian,” he says softly, “when I take Katie, I want you to kill Rose and burn her body. She is of no use to me anymore now that Olivia is pregnant with a baby boy. And after the stunt she pulled of letting Katie out, I want her head on a stick so I can show Katie what happens when she disobeys me.”

“Yes your Majesty,” Vivian bows her head.

The man besides her is smirking. “And what of Olivia, Ben? Why bring her along? You will no longer need her anymore right?”

“You’re not wrong, but you’re not entirely right either. I need her to raise the boy.” Ben coolly replies back. “She’ll protect the child with her life better than anyone else.

The man laughs at his response. “Haha! I’ve been your Beta for years and I’m still not used to the idea of you having a soft spot for anyone!”

“Carl.” Ben warns.

“Shesh, you need to learn how to take a compliment.” Carl laughs more. “But yeah, yeah. I know.” He looks to Vivian beside him and puts his arm around her shoulder. “I’m just sad we’re leaving to go back to our Homeland. How do you think Larry is?”

“Doesn’t matter, once we meet up with him and the pack, be sure to kill him.” Ben looks to the land on the ground. “He betrayed me and no longer is he my Beta after the stunt he pulled back then.”

“It’s been how many centuries?” Carl sighs memorably, then he grins mischievously. “He and the Holy Moonshine Pack need to be punished for trying to commit mutiny your Majesty.”

“Well, we have time until Katie arrives here into the Old World,” Ben looks to Vivian, “go back to the West and help Wesley take down the East Clan until we return.”

“Yes your Majesty,” Vivian bows her head respectively to him.

A guard comes up to them and holds out a beautiful crown placed on a soft cushion, “Your Majesty.”

Ben stares at the crown with mixed emotions but waves it away. The guard silently leaves with the golden crown.

“I don’t need a crown to prove I’m Lily’s mate, everybody in the Old World already knew.” His eyes surveys the Old World down below from the window.

Things have finally begun moving. Forces will interfere and another era of change will arise. Oh Katie...the will of the Moon Goddess isn't my will.

Ben smiles softly. "Let's make sure Katie has to most spectacular Welcoming Party."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

399K 12.6K 39
Lucy Parker Your average eighteen-year-old girl right? Wrong. When Lucy was eleven she shifted into a huge red fox. When she shifted she got this 'vo...
4.7K 259 36
"Who's there," I can't breath. I'm always looking over my shoulder ever since- I can't think about the now. I have to run but where, back to Jake? No...
32.5K 1.8K 32
An Alpha female finds her inner Alpha and grows in power. Will she find her mate? Is he her true mate? What are the Rouges planning? Will her over pr...
2.6M 77K 48
#40 in werewolf -/-/- #55 in werewolf 4/18/2018 #71 in werewolf 11/18/2018 Book #1 of the 2&2 novels I didn't see it coming. Well physically I cant...