The Orphans

By _maefair

BOOK TWO OF The Bride Life was depressing for Iole Haidee Eudora since she was told to leave the palace after... More

1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
Third book
BONUS CHAPTER!!
UPDATE
ANNOUNCEMENT

2

1.5K 52 1
By _maefair

I took a deep breath and gripped the door knob. I wore my comfiest jeansㅡwhich happens to be from the palaceㅡand a t-shirt under a denim jacket.

As much as I didn't want to, I wore the flower necklace. I was going to send my reply to Uncle Ahren today.

Dearest Haidee,

I am sorry to hear that my nephew eliminated you and I see that you've won our bet. If you still want to be in France, send me a letter saying you're agreeing.

If you do agree, Then I'll send your ticket/s. Your date of departure will be on the weekend. So tell me your answer before the day.

I'll be waiting,
Uncle Ahren

Dear Uncle Ahren,

It's okay. It's not like I died. I can't even imagine what you've gone through since your twin died. I send my condelences to you and your family not only for the late queen but also for Chantelle.

I decided to take your offer. But I'll discuss it with my family if they're coming with me or not. Thank you again for that deal.

Yours truly,
Haidee

I turned the knob open and I was met with a face I didn't see in three days. I looked at her in shock. Her hand was up as if she was about to knock on the door but I opened it.

"Mary!" I exclaimed and jumped on the poor girl.

She laughed and hugged me too, "Hello, Haidee."

"What are you doing here?" I asked when I pulled out of the hug. I smiledㅡa real genuine smileㅡat the girl in front of me.

"It's not only me, though."

I looked at her in confusion but then suddenly, a girl behind her popped out.

I gasped and ran to hug the girl, "Julianne!"

She smiled and hugged me back, "Haidee."

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked.

Julianne put her hands in her jacket's pockets, "Well, we decided to hang out."

"We thought that maybe you felt lonely. So here we are!" Mary exclaimed.

"But did the guards permit you to leave?" I asked.

"Yup. But they needed to come with us," Julianne answered and motioned to a limo full of guards.

"Let's go! The surprise awaits." Mary said.

"Surprise? What surpise?" I asked as they pulled me to another limousine without guards.

Julianne rolled her eyes, "It's a surprise, dummy. We can't tell you."

"Just tell me," I said.

"Sorry, but no." Mary replied.

I sighed as I sat inside the car. Julianne and Mary were conversing in whispers. I only heard the words, 'exciting', 'love', and 'fun'. What could the surprise be?

If it had anything to do with the palace, I swear I'm going to freak out and cry.

We passed some curious citizens, trying to get a glimpse of who were inside the car. Some were pointing to us. Some were whispering.

Again with the unnecessary attention.

I wanted to get some fresh air so I put the window down to meet the wind.

The people saw me and screamed. They were waving at me so I smiled and waved back.

"Lady Haidee! You will always be our queen!" One citizen yelled.

I smiled sadly and waved at the guy. Some held up signs which said, 'Queen Haidee' or 'Long live Queen Haidee'. I didn't know where they got it but I smiled at them and waved.

"Wow, you still have a lot of fans," Mary commented.

I shrugged, "I don't. They just support me because I'm the representative of Angeles."

Julianne shook her, "Haidee, even in Clermont you have fans."

"Even in Sonage."

I snapped my head at them, "I do?"

They nodded at that. I put my head down and looked at my lap, "Then that means I disappointed a lot of people."

Julianne and Mary looked at each other worriedly. I smiled at them, "Don't worry. I'm okay."

I'm okay. Right?

"We're here!" Mary exclaimed suddenly.

A guard opened the door for us and I was the last who left the car.

"Where are we?" I asked as I observed my surroundings.

I haven't been to this part of Angeles before. We were in front of a tall building. It looks like a record company.

"Are we here to see a celebrity?" I asked them.

They shook their heads and lead me to the elevator. They pressed the top floor. This increased my curiosity more.

"Why are we here?" I asked.

Julianne smiled, "You'll see."

The elevator ride was silent. When we reached the top floor, we left the elevator.

Mary and Julianne led me to an office and we saw a girl waiting on the outside. She gave us a glance and talked on the phone. The door to the office opened.

Julianne pulled me inside. The office was designed with red, white, and black walls. In the front was a table and seated behind the table was a man.

"This is the girl?" The man asked.

Julianne nodded, "Yes."

The man smiled and approached me. He was probably around 18-20 or he just looked young. He kissed my knuckles.

"It's nice meeting you Lady Haidee."

I looked at Julianne in confusion, "It's nice meeting you sirㅡ?"

"Samuel."

"I'm sorry sir Samuel but may I ask what I'm doing here?" I asked.

"Well, Haidee." He said, "You're here to be a star!"

I looked at him in shock, "Pardon?"

"I said you're here to be a star." He repeated.

I looked at Mary and Julianne for confirmation. They nodded with big smiles.

"I'm sorry, sir. But I don't think I'll be a star." I apologized.

"Come on, Haidee! This is a big opportunity!" Mary exclaimed.

I shook my head, "I kind of made a deal with the Prince consort of France that if I don't win the Selection, he'll bring me to France and live there."

"What?!" Julianne exclaimed with wide eyes.

"You're leaving?" Mary asked.

I nodded, "Yes. I'm leaving in the weekend."

Samuel scratched his nape, "Then I guess you won't be an idol?"

I nodded, "I'm sorry."

"Why didn't you tell me?" Julianne asked.

I smiled sheepishly, "Sorry. I was about to send you letters informing you of my departure." I saidㅡwhich was a total lie. I forgot that they'd care.

Mary sighed, "I guess our first surprise was a fail. Sorry, Mr. Samuel."

Samuel smiled, "It's okay but if you still want to apply," He got a calling card from his wallet and gave it to me, "Give me a call."

I smiled, "I will, thanks."

"Alright, then. Let's go to the second surprise." Julianne said.

"What's with all these surprises?" I asked.

Mary smiled, "We figured that you were the most miserable of all the eliminated. So we made two surprises for you!"

"Wow, thanks." I said sarcastically and rolled my eyes.

"You're welcome!" Julianne laughed and shoved me into the limo.

I rolled my eyes but smiled. I'm glad I found friends like them. Their reason might be harsh but their intention was sweet.

The driver brought us to yet another building. It looked like a fancy restaurant.

"Let's go!" Mary exclaimed.

"Wait! I'm not dressed for a fancy meeting!" I complained.

"Don't worry!" Julianne replied, "We have a dress prepared inside for you."

I ran to catch up to them. The building looked like a mansion. It was a cream color and had a circular garden at the front. The garden's centerpiece was a fountain.

We needed to go up three steps to enter the large mansion. In front of us were two large doors and two guards stationed at each side. Julianne showed them an identification card and they let us in.

"Go there!" Mary ushered and pushed me to the side where there were racks of clothes, "When you're done, come inside those doors." She pointed to another set of large doors on the left side of the mansion.

I scanned the clothes. All of them were in dark colors. I stayed away from the blues and went to the magenta ones. I saw a cap-sleeved cocktail dress with a scoop neckline. It had a sheer top and the waist band was decorated with beads. The top part had black lace and the skirt reached two inches above my knees. I paired the dress with black heels. I fixed the curls of my hair and made sure I looked presentable.

I was now walking to the doors. I was greatly reminded of my time at the palace with what I was wearing and the mansion. Although the mansion is smaller than the gigantic palace, it had the same air of formality.

There were also guards there so I did what I always do at the palace. I motioned for them to open the doors.

I took a deep breath and walked in. There was a huge space on one side and there was a large circular table where ladies and gentlemen sat down on the other side. My eyes widened when I realized who those people were.

Julianne and Mary approached me with wide smiles.

"Ta-da!" Mary whispered.

"Why are they here?" I whisper-shouted.

Julianne looked at me innocently, "I thought you'd want to see your old schoolmates so we figured that you should reunite with them."

I groaned and put my hand on my forehead. I hate my batchmates.

They always caused me trouble and always bully me. Laurence was always there to protect me back then but he isn't here right now. If Laurence wasn't there to protect me, it would be Austin or Atlas. But both of them weren't here.

"Enjoy!" Mary and Julianne chorused and left the room.

Why did they have to leave?

I sighed. Well then, Haidee. It's time to show them who's boss.

I walked in gracefully, applying every lesson I took in the palace. My face was blank but I made sure that I had an air of authority around me. Some of the guys gasped but the girls rolled their eyes.

One girl smiled fakely, "Haidee, come sit."

I smiled, "Of course, Genevieve."

I was about to sit myself but a guy stood up and pulled the chair back to let me sit. I smiled at him and I saw Genevive scowling at me, "Thank you, Joseph."

Joseph was Genevieve's long time crush and I'm proud to say that I liked her face when she saw what he did.

"Are you really Haidee?" One girlㅡSage, the follower of Genevieveㅡasked.

I looked at her and gave her a sweet smile, "Well yes, dear Sage. I believe your memory's not that blurry to forget me, is it?"

She glared at me, "It's not, Haidee. You just changed drastically."

"Calm down, Sage." Johnㅡher boyfriendㅡsaid and smiled apologetically at me, "Sorry, Haidee."

I smiled, "It's quite alright." I cleared my throat, "Let's start dining, shall we?" I put my napkin on my lap.

The others followed suite. I was glad that I got every guy's attention. Mostly because I enjoyed the girls' sour faces.

I observed their manners in dining, looking for something to say.

I really wanted to get under their skin. They deserved it.

I saw the girl who slapped me for always being with Laurenceㅡher crushㅡleaning down to eat her food.

I took the spoon to my mouth and chewed on it. I swallowed it first before saying, "Lorelei, how have you been?"

She looked at me, "I've been great, Haidee. I'm already going out with your best friend."

I smiled at her, "Sorry to disappoint you, Lorelei, but my bestfriend is already seeing someone and he already introduced me to her. Her name is Scuzette and she's a darling."

She snarled at me as the other girls snickered.

"So, Haidee. How's life at the palace?" Mina asked, "I'm sorry that you got eliminated."

I smiled at her, "It was amazing there."

Genevieve snickered, "I'm glad the Prince got to his senses and kicked you out. He was a fool to let you stay until the Elite."

"Well, he wasn't a fool to choose you," I said calmly which made her furious.

"You petty little b*tch," Genevieve said, "Just because you got Selected doesn't mean you're better than us."

"Frankly speaking, We're still better than you." Sage said.

I looked at them blankly, "Who said I was better than you? I don't recall me saying I was better. You're just being insecure."

Joseph cleared his throat, "Anyway, Haidee. Would you like to go out with me tomorrow?"

I turned to look at him and smiled, "I'm sorry. I need to pack tomorrow."

"Pack? Why would you need to pack?" Travis asked.

"Well, I made a bet with the Prince consort of France," I started, "And I won that bet. So now, I'm going to France to live in the palace forever."

"You're close with the French royals?" Gwen asked.

I smiled, "Not that much. I'm much more closer to the Italians and the late Prince Consort's and Queen's extended families."

Their mouths were agape and I ignored it, "Could you please pass me the pitcher?" I asked.

Christian passed it to me and I accepted it with a smile. I gave him a 'thank you' and poured it in my glass.

Genevieve scoffed, "Like I'm going to believe that."

I smiled at her, "Believe what you want to believe, Genevieve. I'm saying the truth. I was the maid of honor in Celestiana's wedding with William." I said with pride.

"You're on a first name basis with the Prince and Princess?" Kaye asked with wide eyes.

I nodded, "Yes and I call the late queen and prince consort Mom and Dad." The words tasted bitter in my mouth. I struggled to keep myself from crying.

"Wow," Joseph said, "You're amazing."

I smiled at him, "I am not. I'm most certain that the four elite left are much more than anything I could be."

"Don't say that," Joseph said, "You are beautiful, kind, and basically the epitome of royalty. The prince was a fool to eliminate you."

I didn't respond. I continued eating.

"Unlike you, pitiful Haidee. I snagged a lot of guys and they are begging for my attention." Genevieve said, "I'm sorry you don't have a lot of boys on your tail."

I smiled, "The reason behind that is because every time a boy tries to court me, the guards stationed outside my house would scare them away."

They must think that I'm boastful but who cares?

"Haidee, since when did you talk back?" Mina asked.

I smiled, "Since I figured out that I was sick of being a victim."

I finished my meal and neatly placed the spoon and fork back on the plate. I dabbed my lips with the napkin to make sure there wasn't anything there.

"I heard that you were bullied in the competition," Angelica said, "Is it true?"

I nodded, "Yes. But it's not something I'm not used to."

"Since we're all done eating, would you like to dance?" Travis asked.

"Sure!" Claretㅡthe girl beside meㅡexclaimed. She rose from her seat with a bright smile. I see she still likes him.

Travis looked troubled, "Oh, um. Sorry, Claret. I was talking to Haidee."

I refused to smile. Claret was nice to me back then, "You should dance with Claret first. I don't mind," I said and flashed him a smile.

Claret thanked me and smiled. Travis nodded and took Claret to the other side which was the empty space. They danced to the classical music.

"May I have this dance?" John asked Sage.

She giggled like a little kid, "Of course!"

Genevieve was looking at Joseph. I sighed and rolled my eyes. I approached the boy and whispered in his ear, "Go ask Genevieve to dance."

He looked at me with doubt. I nodded and motioned him to just do it. He obliged and took the beaming Genevieve to the dance floor.

I can't understand why I helped her. I guess I just want to make her have the happiness I didn't get.

The other people at the table were looking longily at the person they want to dance with.

I went to Victor and leaned to whisper on his ear, "You should dance with her, you know? Someone might beat you to it."

"What if she says no?" He asked me.

I smiled, "I'm sure she won't."

He took a deep breath and approached Angelica. She gladly accepted. I smiled at the sight.

I turned back to look at the remaining people. I sighed and approached Christian, "I think Ella wants to dance with you too."

He looked at me with uncertainty, "Are you sure?"

I nodded, "The both of you have been eyeing each other a lot." I patted his back, "Go get her!"

He smiled at me and asked Ella to dance. She smiled and they went to the dance floor.

I glanced back at the table and still saw some of them who are having double thoughts about asking the other to dance.

I sighed exaggeratedly, "Must I play Cupid to all of you?"

The men stood and approached their desired partners. I smiled.

Finally.

I sat back down on my seat. I didn't want to dance. Well I do want to dance but I don't want another person taking my first dance except him.

Oh if only he could magically appear inside here.

"May I dance with you?" Michael asked.

I smiled, "Sorry, but I don't feel like dancing today."

He pursed his lips and nodded. He walked away and asked another girl who accepted.

"Sing for us, Haidee!" Joseph exclaimed.

I smiled, "Sorry, I don't feel like I want to sing."

"Come on! Just one song?" Travis said.

I pursed my lips. It wouldn't hurt to sing one song, right? I rose from my seat and got the microphone. I entered the song I wanted to sing.

-------------------

Hello! I was thinking of making another fanfic but a PJO/ HOO inspired one. Tell me if you'd want one :-)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.4K 311 22
Just seventeen, Keira is not eager to decide the rest of her life, but as usual, she will not have much choice. She has always known she would have...
452 32 22
It's been 19 years since Maxon and America had their first child, Jeremiah. Now he must have his own selection. Since Jeremiah could walk he has caus...
96.7K 3.1K 43
Iole Haidee Eudora was just like any other girl in the kingdom but due to some event, she was to be wedded to the second prince. But then, she learne...
24.4K 776 36
It's all her fault. She was supposed to distract the country with the first ever Princess led Selection. Things could not have gone worse. She looke...