Mistaken Love (#Wattys2018)

By dearhearty

She didn't mean to love the man who she knew that will never love her back. Shanaya Campbell is working a su... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
ATTENTION!!!
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Last Chapter
Epilogue
Special Chapter
You're MINE

Chapter 32

28.2K 1K 68
By dearhearty

My Husband

I'm already sleepy and no text from Caius yet. That is a very long operation, I bet he's already tired when he comes home.

As much as I can I try to wait for him to comes back but I'm too sleepy already so I went to slumber without noticing it. I locked all the doors before entering the room because Caius has his own key so he can enter whatever hour he returns.

But I was woken up when someone suddenly dipped into the bed with me and wrapped his arms tightly around me from behind. No need for me to open my eyes and check who it is, I'm sure it's not a kidnapper or a thief or something because just with that warm hands and that boyish smell that makes me addictive to it...I'm sure who it was.

I softly yawned and feel his warmth. "What time is it?" I asked, still half asleep.

"4 am." He whispered, dropping kisses on my ear then rests his head in my hair, inhaling. "Your scent relaxes me, baby."

My eyes opened and turned my head to look at him while he spoons me. "Are you hungry?"

"No, baby. Just tired." He replied in a whisper. My eyes got down to what he is wearing, he still has his white long sleeved shirt on so I guess that he is too tired to change. So I let him hold me tighter and just feel each other's warmth and presence. I don't want to ask him questions so I keep my mouth shut.

He leaned his chin on my shoulder, his nose and lips are just near my ear. That makes me hear his soft snores as he sleeps beside and I didn't mind it. It was a job well done today so I'm very proud of him.

It was relaxing in this position. Being in his arms just makes me happy and safe. That no one is gonna stand between us and I hope that's true.

Two hours later, I woke up and Caius is sleeping beside me. He is sleeping too peacefully that he didn't wake up even I after I took a bath, and ate my breakfast. I just left something for me, he can just pop it in the oven when he feels hungry.

I was about to leave when he comes out from our bedroom. Tiredness in his eyes as soon they set into mine. Causing me to be become soft all of a sudden. "Hey,"

"Hi, you leaving?"

I nodded then approached him to give him a gentle embrace. "You should rest more. It's very obvious that you need it."

"Nah, its fine. I need to go to the hospital today to report everything to the board." He placed one arm around me, squeezing me gently. "It was a success operation. I want my reward." A mischievous smirk formed his thin lips.

I scoffed as a reply, wiggling out of his arms. "Later, don't make me wait."

A loud laugh escapes from him. "I thought you were not serious." He kissed me tenderly for a few seconds. "Go to work, I might carry you back to our bed."

Giggling like a horny girl, I blushed. Even if I don't want to, I pulled away and waved back to him to enter my car.

"Let's go, Joseph." I told him before blowing a kiss to my husband as we drive off.

Now that I know Caius and I are getting even better, I can't wait for Sunday to arrive. I am always so excited on coming home to my husband.

-----

That evening, I came home earlier than before. Because of my little deal with Caius about the reward he wants after the success of the operation. It maybe just his way of flirting but I want to do something for him again.

So on the way home, I bought some chocolate ice cream for us to share. Yep, this is the reward that I thought. Maybe he might like it and he loves them, right? And he sure doesn't expect this as a reward.

I'm a mature woman, it's very obvious everyone he looks at me with desire. We both want each other and the way we made love...it's like my source of strength to continue loving him. We are both mature people with needs but it is not just lust. I hope he feels the affection that I'm giving him. And I pray that nothing will comes in our way. That's something that I truly want. I don't want to be left alone again like what Gale did.

The lights are on when returned, is Caius home?

My eyebrows touched as I entered the house but I heard some splashing sounds coming from the pool. Peeking my head at the backyard to see Caius sitting at the stairway of the pool, his head buried in his palms. His chest raises and falls as he breaths deeply while droplets of water running down his skin.

"You okay?" I walked in, my heels clicking at the stoned pathway towards the pool.

He raised his head then gives me a small smile. It's seems that he is not expecting me yet because he seems surprised to see me here. "Shanaya, what time is it?"

"Its past six." I told him while crouching down to meet his level, carefully balancing myself not to fall down on the water. "You seems to be in deep thoughts."

"Just thinking..." He let out a deep sigh but quickly lifts his mood up. "How was work?"

"Good." I replied, placing a quick kiss on his wet hair. "You went to work today?"

He wiped his face dry. "Yes, but I went home as soon as my report is done." Caius drops kisses around my face causing me to squeal because he is making my dress wet. "Why don't you join me here?"

"Maybe later..." I pinched his nose and tried to stand up but he holds me down. "I still have to change."

But he is already wearing a mischievous grin. "You don't have to change."

"I'm still wearing my dress, Caius! Don't be silly." I rolled my eyes and was about to stand up again until he yanked my arm to pull me closer to him causing the half of my body to fell down to the water. "Caius!!!"

Caius roared a laugh, boyish one but it was pure of joy and amazement? Wait, amaze? He was even amazed that I fell down into the pool.

I swam up and splashed him some water then rubbing my eyes. "You are such a jerk!" Jeez, now my dress is soaked in water. "This is not funny." Grumping loudly while trying to get of the pool but Caius was fast enough to reach me, wrapping his arms around me. My back touching his naked hard chest as I was bumped into a tree trunk.

"You're not getting away, baby." He threatened sexily near my ear, our wet bodies mashing as it crests a very static friction between us.

The hairs on my nape stood up. The water is very cold but my body is hot with arouse. "D-don't be childish, Caius."

"Childish? Hmm, is being an act of childish?" My eyes widen when his hands went down to caress my bare thigh. Since I'm wearing a dress, the skirt is being raised because of the water making it easier for him to touch me there.

A soft moan escapes my lips as I try to hold him off. "C-Caius...this is—"

"Exciting, right?" His lips rubbing my ears as they travel down to my neck is a very teasing way that made me shiver.

I bite my lower lip, feeling embarrassed if a another moan comes out from me. My eyes clenched close because of the tingling sensation that he is giving me from the kisses he is planting. Caius really loves to nip my neck like that.

His hands stopped in caressing my thigh when suddenly my eyes went wide at what he has done. Caius unzipped the dress from the back and easily ripping it out. "Caius!"

"You don't need that dress here."

"So? It's still a dress! A very good one actually and now you ripped it!" I complained, a bit annoyed.

Caius just scowled. "You have a lot of nerves to concern for your dress at a time like this."

Jeez, "It's not like that, Caius—"

"Just shush." He gripped me tighter, attacking me with hungry and wet kisses. The water is levelled on my chest so I am very soaked right now as it just adds up to the sensation. I sucked a breath because he is so amazing when it comes to this part. I didn't even know where he takes his breath because once his lips were on me, he is not gonna stop.

"W-wait." I pant after pulling away. "Let me breathe first."

He lets out a husky chuckle. "How awesome it is to know that my kiss makes you breathless."

"Not funny." I grunted, rolling my eyes.

"Oh, you are rolling your eyes at me now, huh?" His eyes darken with danger as he stares down at me. "How about I punish you, right now?"

"P-punish? Are you serious?" I gasped, walking back but he strides forward but he reached out to me. In a blink of an eye, he unsnapped my bra off me. "Caius!!!"

"Since when did I ever kid, Shanaya. You better be prepared for a night full of passion." He whispered ripping my underwear, effortlessly and he started attacking me again with his heated kisses and touches.

He may have sounded it scary, but his touches are always gentle. Nothing can make me feel this way unless it is Caius. My husband sure has a romantic side and I love feeling it.

After that wet and steamy love making, Caius and I are just floating at the pool without a piece of clothing on our body. Who cares? We're alone anyway. My torn dress and underwear is somewhere in the water but I am not in the mood to find it yet so we just let it be.

My arms are wrapped around his neck while his arm are circled on my waist, but dangerously near my ass. I love it when he is holding my butt and it sounds so weird when I say it like that! I leaned my body to him and just feel his warmth. It is very soothing and relaxing when he is holding me like this. He leans his back at the edge of the cemented edge of the pool.

"Caius..." I broke the deafening silence between us.

"Hmm?"

"Gale shows up yesterday." I blurted out.

His eyebrows touched in bitterness upon mentioning of the name. "What did he do?"

"He wants to talk to me, he also tried to insult me for what I have become." I answered, rubbing my hands on his hard shoulder.

"You should have kicked his ass."

"Don't be ridiculous. Kicking his ass won't do any good." I crinkled my nose.

"It would...it will make me happy." He shrugged, nonchalantly. "But listen to me, stay away from him."

"As if I will come to him." I groaned, leaning my head on his chest and embraced him, closing the distance using our naked bodies. "By the way, I bought an ice cream on my way home."

"An ice cream?"

"Yes, for your reward," I stated, pretending as if I'm innocent enough to think of it literally. "You said you wanted a reward so I bought it."

Caius got a little surprised, not expecting my innocent reply but laughed at the end. "Jesus...not what I am looking forward to but that will help for the real reward that I want. Honestly, you just have me a good idea about the ice cream."

Huh? My head tilted in confusion. "What?"

Caius smiled handsomely then kissed me again. I guess he is still not satisfied enough. I think I should be ready once again for another sleepless night with my husband.

-----

A few weeks passed and no Gale or Laureen shows up to me. Nothing much has happened since then but Caius keeps on becoming the husband that I am dreaming to have. He always satisfy me not just my body but he never fails to make me happy. And because of that, I keep on falling for him deeper everyday.

The maids have returned so Caius and I can't just take off our clothes in the kitchen or at the pool again because there are others inside the house. But then, Caius would never let a day pass without making love to me. Our satisfaction with each other is active and I'm becoming addiction him. I didn't know if I should be proud of it because it's new to me.

But like I said, he makes me happy everyday. And I pray that this continues on until the day he finally says that he loves me.

"Shanaya, you have a caller line 2." Omir pushed open the door in my office to tell me that.

"Alright, thank you." I gave him a thumbs up then reached for the phone to answer. "Hello?"

"Good afternoon, Mrs. Bateman." That sexy baritone fills my ears like music.

A low and soft chuckle explodes from me. "Well, hello to you to, Mr. Bateman. Can I help you with something?" I bit my lower lip to stop myself from giggling.

"I'm calling to inform you that I have a dinner reservation tonight so better sign out early and I will be picking you up before 7."

My heart thumb erratically. "Really?!"

"Yes, so sign early and entrust your job to your assistant ." He ended he call right after, not leaving me a room to complain or anything.

Well, Caius was never that romantic on the phone. He is showing a surprising side of him only when we are alone, and it is only shown through his gentle touches, actions and his eyes. Well, he is still the usual Caius...cold, stoic, always wants things to be planned but he always consider me first. I guess that is part of being a married couple.

"Was that your husband?" Laila asked me. Actually, we just finished our daily meeting that is held always every morning in the conference room. We are just cleaning up when Caius called me about the dinner reservation he had.

"Yep, we are going somewhere tonight." I told her, standing to pick up the paper scratches that we just made during the meeting then gathered up in my arms. "I will go back to my office. Tell Gemma to give me her final draft and make sure that it is in my office in five."

I head towards my office, but Omir wasn't in his own cubicle. Maybe he is making my coffee so I let him be. I will just call him later because I have something I want him to do.

What greets me inside my office totally surprises me. Why is there a black gift box on top of my desk? I look around my room but obviously no one is here to answer my question.

Approaching my table, there is this unknown feeling inside me of growling. Scared? No, the word is too much for what's this is. It is a black box and tied with a red ribbon. Placing my files down first before unwrapping it. Taking off the lid, my eyes widen seeing what it contains.

Everything in my system boiled up as my head heated up. How dare she...

Inside is the treasures that I once had with Laureen. Our favourite pink teddy bear that is holding a red fluffy heart with the word best friend written on it. And our memorisable picture together during our childhood and adulthood.

Then the last thing inside that shocks me, is a torn picture of me and her in our high school graduation. This is the best one that we had, it shows how happy we are but this is also the day when Gale first said that he loves me in front of Laureen.

I didn't know why she cried after that, I thought she had her own personal problems but, I was too blind that time.

But now is not the right to be sad about it. It's all done and it's all in the past. I have Caius now so I don't have to be weak.

It's time to move on and forget her.

So what I did, I carried the box and went out to Omir's desk and since he is already here.

"Hey," I get his attention.

"Yes?" He stands up upon seeing me. I thrust the box to his chest and he took it with a questioning look. "What's this? It's not my birthday."

"Dummy, its not for you. It's for me."

"What?" His face became a huge question mark.

"Have someone burn that box, okay? Or better yet, you burn it. Thank you." I grinned then made my way back inside my office.

"You serious?!"

Hmmm, I have a lot of work to do right now.

----

Caius picked me up that night. I told nhim to wait me in his car but I was surprised that he went to my office personally. He just strides in and acts like a romantic husband. Everyone in the room especially the ladies would squeal just at the sight of him. They just admire him very much and it's kinda cute.

Caius just came from a seventeen hour surgery, and he should be resting right now yet he insisted on talking me out first then we will go home together.

We arrived in an famous five star restaurant, a live band playing their instrumental songs and they just sound so romantic.

"Good evening, Dr. Bateman. Please come this way." A waiter immediately assisted us.

"It's seems like you're a regular here." I whispered at Caius as soon as we start walking.

"This is my favourite restaurant. I always come here."

"Yeah? With whom?" I became suspicious for a second there to the point that my mouth couldn't be stopped from asking.

A sly smile lined his lips. "Why? Jealous now, are we Mrs. Bateman."

I snorted and mumbled, "Just asking. What's wrong with that?"

"Oh, nothing is wrong with being jealous. It's natural."

"I'm not referring to that. I mean, nothing is wrong if I ask." I crossed my arms and started walking ahead of him, slightly annoyed at his teasing rampant. "You know what, its obvious that you are trying to avoid the question so I won't ask again."

Who knows, right? Maybe he brought Laureen here that's why he can't answer me.

"Here's your table, Dr. Bateman." The waitress shows us our table. There are also customers dining here but unlike the other room. In here, tables are distant to one another and it is just calmer here with the dim lights, fewer people and it's a perfect place for dinner dates.

The waiter assisted me to my chair like a gentleman, I guess they are trained to those things here.

"What's wrong with you? It's strange that you easily get annoyed right now." Caius takes his seat and started scanning the menu.

I didn't say anything, just went ahead to look for something to eat.

"Oh, so are you mad at me now?" He raised an eyebrow.

"I'm not mad." I murmured, looking at him through my lashes then brings my eyes back down on the menu. "I will have the pepper and garlic ribeye please, some creamy spinach soup...and oh, the strawberry soufflé."

The waiter rides down my menu and nodded as he takes it in before he turns to Caius, who happens to be staring at me the whole time I was telling my order.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "What?"

Caius let out a sigh and just voice out his order. When we are left alone, I took a very deep breath and crossed my arms to rub my hands on my skin because it's damn cold in here. Since I'm wearing a skin tight, sleeveless dress so it's not the proper clothes in here.

"Alright, if this is what you want just for you to speak to me...I haven't brought any girls here. Until you....right now." His baritone voice just came out with deep. But, he may have this cold blue eyes every time he drops his vision on something...I happened to identify what emotions he conveys within. "Now, don't be so upset about it."

Woah, did he just go beyond what I imagine. He just spoke something that totally shut me up and flutter me well.

"No, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked something like that." I murmured, biting my lower lip. "It's so...immature of me. I'm really sorry."

Caius chuckled. "Nah, its alright. I am glad that I figured out something."

"Figure out, what?"

"How to deal with you when you're jealous." He grimaced.

"Jeez, I was not jealous!" I snapped. Seriously? This man is pushing me to my limits.

Caius laughed even more, his shoulders are shaking. "Okay, okay...you're not jealous." He states but sounded so not convinced yet.

"I really wasn't!" I continue to defend myself.

"Fine! I just said that you're not jealous, right?" He said in defeat.

"You're crazy." I muttered, drinking my red wine just to hide my red face with the huge circle mouth of the glass. "Stop laughing. I'm not joking."

Caius just nods and grinned. "I like it when you're are jealous." He murmured

"I was not—"

"Here's your order!" The waiter appeared causing the words to just die in my throats, but leaving Caius biting his lip to stop himself from laughing again.

Our dinner went well, we are both having the usual conversation about what we did the whole day. He was telling something about his patient that he perform a surgery on. It's very obvious that Caius is tired, he had this huge bags under his eyes. But who wouldn't be tired after what he did.

Caius yawned once he was done eating.He is trying to keep up to what I kept on saying but soon, his eyes are being forced to open.

"You wanna go home now?" I asked, softly then grab my purse. "So you could finally rest."

Caius smiled and nodded. "Yeah, I'm sorry we have to leave early. I really want to spend this dinner date with you." He stated, calling the waiter then give him the credit card.

When his credit card was given back, he took my hand in his as we head out of the restaurant. But by the time we reached the front door, we stopped in our tracks when we saw two people standing there that was just about to enter.

Gale and Laureen

Gale and I exchanged strong glances before his eyes turns to my husband. They were shooting daggers at each other.

This is the most awkward five seconds of my life. Squeezing my hold on Caius' hand because his grip on me tighten. "Come on." I told him.

"Leaving already?" Lau spoke, as we are about to walk past them. "Why don't you stay and join us, Enrique?"

Enrique? They are using that name again in calling my husband. Just hearing that voice gives me the loath feeling.

How dare she. You have have a lot of nerves to talk to him and invite him in front of me! Since when did Lau became this evil? Do love and jealous can really drive a person to change?

"Don't talk to me." Caius grunted, his eyes narrowing towards Laureen while my eyes bounce from one to another.

"You guys are leaving too early? The night is just beginning." Gale spoke, a growing menacing smirk in his lips.

"Nah, I must have tasted something bad but I was wrong. Because the sourness in approaching the restaurant right now" Caius fights back, his presence is very intimidating so I'm surprised Gale can face him right now. "If you may excuse us, we are going home. My wife and I need some rest."

A quick look of defeat and anger was plastered on their face as we take our leave out of the restaurant. We did not expect that it will be raining tonight so we haven't prepared anything to cover ourselves. My bag is not that big to serve as an umbrella on top of our heads though.

"Stay here, I'all go get the car." Caius murmured, ready to strike the heavy downpour of the rain.

"Why won't we just run together?" I asked.

"No need, you will just get wet." He assured me then just swiftly run off towards the load space of the parking lot and disappeared out of my sight when the rain becomes heavier. I tried to search for him but I can't see anything.

Shit.

Times like this is making me shiver...but in a good way. It was exactly like this when I had the accident. Heavy rain and I do not have a control on the wheel and I am emotionally unstable.

When an approaching headlights of a car comes nearer, I came out a little so I could be ready to run to but Caius was faster, he already run towards me and puts the jacket on my head.

"W-wait, I can just jump in—"

"Just follow me, Shanaya." He said, placing one hand on top of my head where the jacket is and together, we run fast and he hurriedly opened the car door for me. When I gets inside, he runs around to get inside his side.

"Oh my, you look like you took a shower." I laughed, using the jacket to wipe his face and his neck.

"I'm fine, Shanaya. Did you get wet?"

"Only a little." I replied. "Remove your shirt."

Caius did remove his shirt. "I have an extra shirt at my bag."

"Okay." I quickly reached for his bag that was at the back and handed him the first shirt that I saw. "Here."

"Thank you." He replied then quickly puts on his shirt. Good thing he has a bag behind the car. I guess he brought that with him knowing that he has a long hour surgery. Not long enough, we are already on the road.

I am still rubbing myself. Since it was raining, the temperature has gotten colder.

"Grab another shirt inside my bag to keep yourself warm." He told me. "Next time please, could you please bring a jacket or coat."

"I will." I nodded, kindly and put on another shirt over my dress. I may be fluttered at his actions tonight but there is still a little thing bugging me. "Hey, can I ask you something?"

"Of course." He replied, his eyes turning to me occasionally.

"Why do Prey and Lau call you Enrique?" I curiosity asked. "They have been calling you that name in front of me and it's bugging me because I don't know why." My voice sounds irritated and Caius took advantage of that.

He laughed again! He freaking laughed at me. "I didn't know you would again be jealous again."

"Caius!" I snarled.

"Enrique is the name given to me by my real parents." He answered honestly, reaching his own hand to grab mine and locked them together. "I don't want you to make it such a big deal. The name Caius was only given to me when I got adopted by George and Carla."

"Why didn't you tell me that in the first place? I could have called you Enrique too." I sounded like a jealous girlfriend.

"Because I don't want you to." He stated, meaningfully then raised my hand to kiss it. "I wanted you to call me Caius because this is me now. The present. Not the past that everyone knows. I told them my real name because I was still living in the past that time. Now, that I am living in the present and my future with you."

F-future with me?

My eyes widen hearing what he said as he raised his hand that was locked into mine to kiss my wedding ring. "No turning back now, Shanaya. I plan on keeping you all to myself." He sincerely say while squeezin it tighter.

To be continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

199 6 8
Kaya moves to New York to live with her older brother Jackson. She needed to get out of that small town and turn over a new leaf in her life. She n...
196 5 16
Cole Reagan has always been focused, ambitious, and goal-oriented. It's why at thirty-seven, he's one of the youngest billionaires in the world. It's...
816 136 36
When 18 year-old Lexi's past starts to repeat itself she throws herself into her new job in order to save enough money to get away from it. Who knows...
39.2K 1.5K 62
"How ...cc...cca....ccan you !! I..I don't believe these bullshits. Parth ...Parth!!!,I know this this is....this is just a joke, but it's not funny...