Sugar (A Taekook/Vkook Love S...

By loverofpearls

Jeon Jungkook, billionaire extraordinaire, never knew he had thing for deep-voiced angels with boxy smiles. H... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 4

54K 2.1K 1.1K
By loverofpearls

Jungkook

Jungkook had his head hung low as he heard Jimin-Hyung sobbing uncontrollably with Namjoon-Hyung and two other people by his side. The moment Jungkook had relayed the strange incident the next morning, Jimin-Hyung had been utterly destroyed. Namjoon immediately called over Jung Hoseok and Min Yoongi, surprisingly all of them familiar with one another, the two other members of the "BTS" group, who instantly crowded around Jimin the second after they greeted Jungkook with familiarity. 

"He hates me! He's gonna hate me!" Jimin wailed causing Jungkook to hang his head lower. 

"Sh...Jimin-ah, he doesn't hate you," Yoongi-Hyung soothed. 

"Yes he does! I'm so stupid! I can't believe he found out, and now he's going to ignore me because I'm stupid and he won't let me comfort him and apologize 'cause I was so dumb and he's gonna shut me out and I'm breaking down in Jungkookie's house because I'm so emotional and stu-"

"If you say you're stupid one more time, Park Jimin, I swear I will leave right this instant. Nobody talks like that about you, even if it's your own words," Yoongi-Hyung  interrupted Jimin's rant. 

Jimin-Hyung immediately quieted. "I'm sorry, it's just, I'm the one who made the mistake, I'm the one who lied and put up a mask, yet I'm the one being comforted by a group of friends while Tae who was hurt and crushed by his own best friend is all alone by himself. It's not fair. " he sniffled. 

Jungkook looked up in surprise. "He doesn't have friends?"

"Well, he has thousands of acquaintances, 'cause he is super popular and really sociable, but that's just a persona he puts up. In reality he's this sweet, slightly insecure baby who has a hard time fully trusting people. So yeah, I'm the only friend he really opens up to. Or at least, was. But then I had to go and mess that trust up, and now, gosh, he must be so devastated. He's never gonna trust anyone ever again, and it'll be all my fault." 

"I-I'm sorry, Hyung," Jungkook stammered, his own eyes beginning to blur with tears threatening to fall. 

Jimin managed a small smile. "Oh, Jungkookie, it's not your fault whatsoever. You had no idea who he was or what situation we were in. If anything you did the right thing, it was only a matter of time until he found out. I can't keep lying to him like this. This way, there may be a chance to come clean, clear up my conscious, and maybe start over. If I were to be honest, I was so full of guilt whenever I was with him, that I could never really focus on our friendship. I just wish...I just wish I could check up on him, you know?"

Jungkook involuntarily imagined Taehyung, long lashes, honey-gold skin, and light hair, curled up in a dark corner crying by himself and his heart stopped working for a few seconds. He wasn't even entirely sure what the issue was. All he knew was that Jimin lied about something and Jungkook had revealed it to Taehyung who was all alone and hurting. He now understood that it was stupid of him to think that Jimin was interested in Taehyung in the romantic way. Clearly, Jimin valued their friendship. Plus, the way he looked at Yoongi-Hyung like he was his guardian angel was so painfully (sweet) gross that if Jungkook didn't feel like crying, he would probably be gagging.

"I-I could check on him?" he timidly offered.

All four of his hyungs turned to look at him in astonishment. 

"W-Well, I mean, it's unlikely that he'll even acknowledge Yoongi, Hobi, or Namjoon Hyung because he has no idea who they are, but at least he's seen me before. And I just want to try, you know?" he stuttered, trying to explain. 

Jungkook watched on nervously as his hyungs exchanged looks. 

"Um, Jungkook, before you go, I should clarify something about...Taehyung's situation. He doesn't live in the most...comfortable places and he's a little sensitive about it, so please don't mention it in anyway. Please don't make yourself sound like a rich jerk even accidentally, because the moment you do he will throw you out."

He too was a little apprehensive of approaching Taehyung, because, yes, they've seen each other before but they weren't even acquaintances. Nevertheless, for some odd reason, he couldn't bear to imagine him being all alone, by himself. Man, was Jungkook a goner.

Taehyung

Taehyung stared dumbly at (what was his name?) who stood in front of his door with a shaky smile. He was the guy that had called Taehyung, the one that was "Jimin's friend" or whatever. Taehyung narrowed his eyes as he glared at him.

"H-Hi, I'm Jungkook, I just wanted to talk to you if that was okay?" the guy stammered.

Usually, Taehyung would stare the trespasser down until it grew so awkward they would leave, but he was so tired. Even though he refused to admit it, he was so tired of crying by himself, unable to release the pent up anger with no one to talk to, and he too wanted to talk and get some answers. So, he hesitantly opened the door without a single word and let Jungkook in.

Taehyung suddenly felt so conscious. Jungkook was a rich CEO at whatever young age he was living in a whole suite, and here he was in Taehyung's goshiwon which entirely consisted of a bed and a shelving area. While Jungkook was in a black hoodie and gray sweats, which were obviously designer (Taehyung is interested in fashion), Taehyung was still in his plain gray t-shirt and sweatpants that cost him all together 4 dollars after using like five coupons. He suddenly felt that inviting Jungkook in was such a bad idea and was tempted to ask him to leave. 

But he wanted those answers, and he really couldn't handle seeing Jimin at the moment, so he gestured to Jungkook to sit down on his bed and sat down opposite to him on the floor, clutching the purple pillow in his arms.

"So...I came here because I wanted to tell you about myself."

Taehyung eyes snapped up from the floor to meet Jungkook's gaze which was no longer timid but rather determined. Did he seriously just say what he thought he said? But just as Taehyung moved to ask him to leave, because he could not deal with this guy right now no matter how desperate for answers he was, Jungkook quickly shushed him leaving him gaping.

"Just please, hear me out, I feel like you might need some honesty and a distraction right now."

Taehyung's jaw dropped. "So Jimin told you what he did?" he glared. "He might need some honesty," wow, what a perfect thing to say.

Jungkook flushed pink and he fervently shook his head. 

"All I know is that he lied about something, and I'm the one who somehow told you. I don't know any of the specifics, I promise."

Taehyung knew that he shouldn't trust him. He was friends with Jimin and what did Jimin do? Lie in his face. But part of him could tell that Jungkook was being genuine so he stayed quiet for now. When Jungkook realized that Taehyung was giving him a chance, he barely smiled before lightly clearing his throat to begin talking.

"Uh, this might be a seriously boring story, but try to keep up. So, I was born..."

~Four hours later~

"...and Namjoon realized that he ripped Mario's leg cleanly off!"

Taehyung lightly giggled, and he missed the way Jungkook paused his story to smile endearingly at him.

"Yeah, so you can imagine that Jin-Hyung was livid when he found out. I swear, he was about to throttle Namjoon with his bare hands-"

"But he wouldn't, 'cause he secretly has a soft spot for him?" Taehyung added.

Jungkook nodded, chuckling. Just as he opened his mouth to start another story, there was soft music coming from his phone which Taehyung recognized as some IU song. Jungkook blushed, fumbling with his phone as he threw an apologetic glance over at Taehyung who nodded understandingly before taking the call. 

"Hel- Oh hey. Yeah we're fine. I'm still with Taehyung, and we're just talking and stuff. Hyung. Hyung, stop it, I have to go. Yeah, bye."

"Who was it?"

"Oh, it was Jimin-Hyung."

Taehyung tried not to, but he couldn't help but flinch at the mention of Jimin's name. Jungkook had just gone through the condensed version of his entire life story in the first hour in which he explained how sorry Jimin was towards the end, and Taehyung believed him. But, it was still hard for him to completely forgive him. It wasn't like he could just completely forget the fact that he hated people like his mother, like Jungkook, or Jimin. But hearing how crushed Jimin was saddened him too. He knew he shouldn't forget all those past times Jimin was there for him over this incident, but it was difficult. As Taehyung lightly nibbled on his bottom lip and stared at the ground, a hand reached out and cupped his cheek. Taehyung jolted in shock, but Jungkook didn't budge. 

"Hey, I've talked about myself for the past four hours. Maybe it's time I've heard what you had to say?" he murmured.

Taehyung contemplated it for a moment before ultimately nodding. Jungkook had made him feel infinitely better in a span of four hours. It had taken him months to open up to Jimin, to trust him, and it took Jungkook four hours, which scared him. It scared him how fast he warmed up to Jungkook, how comfortable he made him. Still, he couldn't deny that he liked his company. He enjoyed the way Jungkook scrunched his nose when he thought of an annoying or funny memory or the way he talked trash about his hyungs but did it with such an adoring, soft voice that it sounded more like compliments. He was like a soft bunny on the inside, Taehyung realized, who was often mistaken as a dangerous lion. And Taehyung enjoyed the contrast. Taehyung just enjoyed Jungkook. 

A/N *a goshiwon is: a small room somewhere around three square metres (1.5 pyeong) that students will often live in for a number of months in order to focus on a test (according to Google). Except, Taehyung doesn't live there to focus on a test but because its cheap.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

242K 8.9K 25
"Go talk to him!" Taehyung said. "...blllblmmlb" Jimin was babbling. Jungkook passed them on his way through the hallway. Taehyung was sighing. Afte...
658K 29.4K 53
#omegaverse "My Tum Tum hurt. Phew." "What?" Jeon Jeongguk is a human boy and Kim Taehyung is a lost omega wolf, had to meet in a certain circumstanc...
999K 42.8K 62
They're rich. I'm not. They're charming. I'm not. They're loved by many. Sort of. (Insert fake laugh) Just kidding. No. They may be rich, but their a...
3M 145K 81
"Why are they saying fuck me?" Taehyung the innocent boy. Jungkook the innocence taker. -- !Please don't plagiarize my book!