Different Type Of Wizard

Por JayH00D

Minato Sensei and Hatake Kakashi are assigned a mission by Albus Dumbledore to protect Harry Potter, and the... Más

The Phoenix
The Peculiar Nature of Wizards
Triwizard Tournament
The Prophecy
A Moody Mad-eye
A Shinobi's Instinct
The Weasley's Wizard Wheezes
The Goblet of Fire
Forest of Death
Dancing Dragons
Upon the Hour
Curious and Curriousness
Night of the Bulgarians
The Maze
Riddles in the Dark
Flesh, Blood and Bone
The Aftermath
Farewell Hogwarts
Epilogue

Cries of Pain

11.8K 422 830
Por JayH00D

Disclaimer: I do not own anything concerning Harry Potter or Naruto.

Enjoy!!!

This chapter continues directly off of the last, no gaps or time laps.

By the way, this chapter contain cute fillers!!! Don't judge!!!
...........................................................

Cheers of joy and screams of enthusiasm could be heard behind the portrait of the Fat Lady, who seemed very displeased at the loudness of those behind her. Harry and Kakashi gave her the password, sending her an apologetic look before they were met with a whored of rambunctious Gryffindors. Fred and George Weasly grabbed Harry upon seeing him, lifting him up onto their shoulders. Lee Gordan and Dean Thomas copying them, doing the same to Kakashi.

Kakashi could see that Harry was pleased by the gracious welcome, the last three weeks had taken a toll on him emotionally. Harry was glad that the rest of Gryffindor house was no longer angry with him.

"We knew you would make it Harry!" Fred exclaimed.

"Although, we thought that you might loose a leg..."

"Or an arm..."

"But pack it all in together? Never!!!" The twins said in unison, the crowd cheering with them.

"And Kakashi! We discovered that you completed a tournament task faster than anyone else in the history of the games! Absolutely wicked!" Seamus said, having to shout over the crowd. "Shut up everybody!" He exclaimed loudly in annoyance. "Alright now, open the egg and let's see what the clue to the next task is!" He finnished, rallying up the crowd even more.

"Who wants me to open it?" Harry said, slightly enjoying the attention he was receiving. Everyone cheered louder, telling him to hurry and open it. Harry wrapped his fingers around the top of the golden egg, twisting the top. The eggs sides fell down, releasing a horrific high pitched scream. Kakashi winced and quickly tried to cover his ears, as did everyone else. The four boys who were holding up the champions, dropped them onto the floor to protect their own ears. To everyone's relief, Harry managed to close and lock up the egg quickly, sparing them from further pain.

"What the Bloody Hell was that!?" Ron asked, his hands grasped tightly around his head. Harry looked up at the red head, surprised he was even present. Everyone took the hint and quickly went off to give the two feuding boys some privacy to resolve their issues.

"I'm sorry mate." Ron decided to say first. "I should have trusted you. I now see that you would have to be barking mad to put your own name in."

"Thanks, I'm sorry too." Harry said, glad to have his best friend back.

"So... how do you plan to figure that out?" Ron asked awkwardly, gesturing towards the golden egg.

"W-who could possibly figure that out? It's completely mental." Harry said.

"You could see what Hermione has to say. She might know something." Ron tried.

"Yeah... I'll find her later. Right now I just want to sleep." Harry said looking towards the clock on the wall, which read 6:30. He didn't even care if he missed dinner, he needed sleep more than food.

"Alright, see you later then." Ron said leaving with the others towards the Great Hall for dinner. Kakashi stayed behind, not knowing if he should stay with Harry or leave to eat. Luckily he wasn't that hungry anyway, however he had used up a lot of chakra.

"You don't have to stay here Kakashi, you need to take care of yourself as well." Harry said agitated. He had been trying for the past couple of days to get Kakashi to loosen up a little. He wanted Kakashi to learn that he himself needed to come first once in a while, and not the mission. He knew it would take some time to get the teen to break the bad habit, but it was time he was willing to sacrifice.

"I'll be alright, besides I'm not hungry anyway." Kakashi said heading upstairs to take a soldier pill. He needed to replenish his chakra levels none the less, even if he wasn't hungry.

"What are those anyway? I see you take them quite often. Are they sleeping pills?" Harry asked entering the dorm room after Kakashi.

"Their Hyōrōgan, also known as Military Ration Pills. They are special pills that replenish one's chakra and nourish the body. It is made up of powerful stimulants and nutrients, that allow the user to keep fighting for three days and three nights without rest. Although they can have a terrible after effect, causing the user to be brought to the point of complete and utter exhaustion at the end of the three days effect." Kakashi explained popping one in his mouth, swallowing past the horrible taste.

"If it has such a terrible side effect, then why do you take it?" Harry asked not understanding the logic behind such a medication.

"When your in the middle of a battlefield, one does not typically have the time to stop and eat a decent meal without being killed. Besides, I've survived on nothing but these for more than three weeks once. I'll be just fine." Kakashi said, painfully remembering that particular experience. He had had such a terrible hangover after that mission.

"Could I try one?" Harry asked nervously. He was curious to know how they actually worked and how it would effect him. Kakashi pondered over the question, debating if it would be a good idea to give Harry something similar to steroids. The boy looked tired and beat up, the dragon had done quite a number on him. He also knew that Potter hadn't eaten breakfast that morning, so maybe it was best if he did.

Harry tried to hide his grin when Kakashi handed him a small black pill, swallowing it instantly in case Kakashi changed his mind. The taste was absolutely disgusting, causing him to slightly gag on it. Kakashi had taken it like it was sugar, so he didn't expect it to have such an awful and bitter taste. He felt the affects instantly, he didn't feel tired and he was no longer in pain. He felt as though he could run 10 miles without losing speed or energy.

Kakashi watched as Harry swallowed the Hyōrōgan, a smile instantly spreading across the dark haired teens face. Kakashi remembered the first time he had to take one, Minato Sensei was injured so he and Obito had to take turns carrying the heavy Jounin. On the second day, he and Obito couldn't go any further, the enimy was not far behind. Minato gave them each two small black pills, and they was instantly filled with chakra. After the mission, he was still pumped full of energy that it made him feel sick. The only way to lessen the feeling was to train until he reached his limits, which happened four days later. Afterwards, he was so drained and exhausted that he was banned from further missions for the next week. He had a high fever and had spent the next few days puking his guts out. He only prayed that Harry didn't suffer from the same effects, like Obito had. The young Uchiha had been smart to slowly release the toxins from his body by only moderately exercising.

"I only gave you half a dose, so you should still be able to sleep." Kakashi said. Harry didn't really want to go to sleep, but knew that his body needed it in order to recover properly. He reluctantly crawled into bed without argument, instantly falling asleep.

LineBreakLinebreakLinebreakLinebreak...

The next morning, Harry was awake before even Kakashi. He had never before seen the Shinobi asleep before, he looked so cute and small snuggling next to his brown pug who he learned was named Pakun and could talk! After getting dressed for the day he made his way down to the Common Room, where he was met by Hermione who looked very upset about something.

"Harry? What are you doing up so early? I would have thought that you would be to tired to even attend class today." She said shocked at the sight of him, trying to hide her tears.

"No, I feel great! Better now that I know I beat Kakashi down here." He said proudly before taking notice of the rogue tear that slipped down her cheek. "Hermione are you alright?" He asked her kindly.

"You mean he's asleep!?" Hermione asked quickly whipping it away, avoiding the question for now. She had come to the ridiculous conclusion that Shinobi didn't even need sleep, considering the fact that she had never seen the silver haired boy sleep before. She stood up from her spot by the fire, making her way up the stairs to see Kakashi. Harry followed her, confused at discovering she could go into the boys dormitories, when they couldn't go into hers.

Hermione quietly opened the door to the boys dormitory, glancing around the room to find where Kakashi's bed was. When she caught sight of the young man, her heart instantly melted. He was curled in on his side, Pakun grasped tightly in his hold. She moved beside him taking notice of his unruly mess of silver hair, and almost squeeled at seeing he was shirtless, his tight bicepts and abs perfectly formed. Harry made his way beside her, making no noise so he wouldn't wake him up. He was surprised that Hermione hadn't already waken him, Kakashi had a high sense of awareness and senses that would make Professor Lupin jealous.

"He is so cute." She whispered, whipping away another stray tear.

"I wish you would tell me what's wrong Hermione." Harry said. Hermione let out a sigh, knowing it would be pointless to hide it any longer. She handed over a copy of the Daily Prophet, Harry instantly reading the passage she pointed to.

Miss Granger, a plain but ambitious girl seems to have developed a taste for famous wizards. She was seen with Mr. Potter before the Tournament, enveloped in a truly romantic moment. However, her latest pray is none other than Bulgarian dum dum Victor Krum. No word yet to how Harry Potter is taking this latest emotional blow.

Harry was fuming, Hermione was his best friend! How dare Rita Skeeter make up some headline about the two of them, furthermore, humiliating Hermione even more by throwing her in with Krum.

"That's not even the worst of it, she did another piece concerning Kakashi and Fleur Delacour. She got a picture of them and everything." Harry looked at the picture noticing there was one of him and Hermione embracing next to it. The picture showed Fleur and Kakashi holding hands, he remembered when she had grabbed Krums as well. Fleur must have not released her hold on Kakashi, accidentally allowing Rita to get a picture of the two together.

"If I get the chance, I'm going to kill her and your going to help me!" Harry said to Hermione, anger laced heavily in his voice. Kakashi quickly bolted upright at the sound of the dangerous tone, a kunai grasped tightly in his hand. Hermione squealed in shock at Kakashi's fast movements, causing the other boys in the room to wake up in shock.

"W-what are you doing in here Hermione?" Kakashi asked once he got his bearings, pulling the sheets closer to his shirtless form. She looked at him innocently, smiling kindly towards him.

"I j-just wanted to show you this before you found out from someone else." She quickly said shoving the newspaper in his direction, successfully making up a good excuse to be there. Kakashi leaned over to grab a gray undershirt from his dresser, pulling it over his head before reading the passage. Hermione had her eyes glued to him, watching his muscles flex when putting on the shirt. The undershirt she discovered did precious little at hiding his fit form, in fact, it only exaggerated it more. Kakashi ignored her stare, knowing exacly what the cause of it was and proceeded to read the article.

Veela Diva
By Rita Skeeter

Fleur Delacour and Kakashi Hatake have stolen the spotlight of the Triwizard Tournament. Gracing us with their breathtaking performance to show what real wizarding couples are capable of, even in the diyest of circumstances. I myself was happy to discover the bond of undyeing love between these two beautiful and successful individuals, who have now reached the rank as the most popular wizard parring. Kakashi and Fleur enjoy studying together, writting poetry and long walks by the black lake. Let's all pray that the Tournament ends well in both their favors, allowing them to remain together forever.

Kakashi was absolutely disgusted by the woman's nerve and imagination, where do these people even get these unimaginable ideas. He was even more embarrassed by the fact that there was a picture of the two of them holding hands. At the time he had sensed that she was absolutely terrified to face the dangers of the first trial, so he had allowed her to hold his hand until she calmed down enough to stand on her own.

Harry felt the anger emanating off of Kakashi in thick waves, suffocating the room. He knew that Kakashi was upset over the false accusations involving him and Fleur, heck, he was angry about the same rumors concerning himself and Hermione.

"Never mind about it now, the damage has already been done. No use arguing over it now." Kakashi said resolved. Hermione was glad that he had chosen the mature path, she didn't like the plans Harry had in mind for Mrs. Skeeter (not that she blamed him though).

Seamus and Dean walked over to Kakashi's bed as well, taking a glance over at the Daily Prophet in his hands.

"You are one lucky bastard!" Seamus said laughing, "Not only did you have a free shot at the Tournament but the beautiful Veela as well! You dog!" He exclaimed sarcastically.

"That sucks mate, I wonder how she feels about the false information." Dean said taking a better understanding on the situation, which Kakashi was greatful for. He only hoped that the rest of the students shared his views, but knew not to count on it.

"Let's just get on with it." Harry said to Kakashi, who nodded his head in agreement while getting up out of bed. If only he had the ability to cast a genjutsu over the entire school, making everyone forget about the incident.

"I should tell Gai about this!" Pakun said smiling wickedly to himself. Harry jumped slightly at the sound of the new voice, he kept forgetting that Kakashi's dog could talk. In fact all the boys in the dorm were all unsettled by that information.

"You will do no such thing!" Kakashi demanded, but slightly pleading. If Gai found out about this he would never let him live it down. The idea itself was a total nightmare.

"Then you better think of something to give me for my silence." Pakun said, enjoying his masters fear of Konoah's Green Beast.

"You are evil." Kakashi stated lowely picking Pakun up into his arms. "Alright, what do you want?" He asked fearfully. Harry had never before seen Kakashi 'scared' of anything or anyone before. However, in his short meeting with Gai, the green clad man had sent chills down his spine. Harry slighy understood Kakashi's fear, feeling sorry at the fact that Pakun was blackmailing him because of it.

"I want you to release your hinge for one day." Pakun said seriously. Harry saw Kakashi's eyes widen, making him wonder what a hinge was.

"Anything but that!" Kakashi almost begged.

"Nope." Pakun stated, popping the P.

Kakashi groaned, but didn't go against the animal for fear of the consequences. He reluctantly released the henge he had on himself, Pakun's smile widened even further, making Harry cringe. After the smoke cleared away Harry saw two cute fluffy wolf-like ears atop of his friends head, a frown set deep on his lips.

"Oh my... Your ears!" Harry said, not able to contain himself. "Is that what you really look like?" He asked.

"Yes." Pakun answered for him cheerfully.

"Are you an anamagus?" Hermione asked, holding herself back from petting his ears.

"What's an anamagus?" Kakashi asked not knowing what she was referring to.

"An anamagus is a witch or wizard who can morph into an animal at will. It is a learned skill, unlike the hereditary skill of a metamorphmagus, such as a werewolf." She explained, reciting the passage by memory.

"Oh, then no, I was born this way. However, I am not a metamorphmagus." He said scratching his head with what Harry noticed to be sharp claws.

"Are your parents even human?" Ron asked indelicutly. Hermione slapped the back of his head at the rude comment, causing Ron to hiss in pain.

"Yes, they were human. However, my clan, the Hatake's, have a unique set of... abilities. We are decended from a tailed beast known as the ten tailed wolf and as such, I possess the characteristics and abilities similar to that of a wolf. Hence the ears, teeth, eyes and claws, along with the heightened senses. However, I am the only person in our clans history to actually have the physical characteristics, which is why I typically hide it with a henge. Or in other words, a body transformation jutsu that allows me to change my form at will." Kakashi explained irritability.

"But why? You look so cool... and cute." Harry said.

"The former of your example is why I hide it." Kakashi said embarrassed.
"Alright, well I'm going to breakfast." Kakashi said walking out of the dorm to the Great Hall, followed by the golden trio. This was going to be a long day! Kakashi thought angrily, avoiding the stares of those he passed by through the Common Room. Fred and George were about to comment on their friends cute appearance, but thought better of it upon seeing Kakashi's harsh glare.

LineBreakLinebreakLinebreakLinebreak...

Snape had done his best not to comment on Kakashi's ears and claws, but failed miserably at not staring. Luckily, Kakashi had managed to brew an acceptable draft of the potion they had put together, not giving Snape the chance to embarrass him upon his potion making skills. Moody's class however had proved to be a pain. When he walked through the doors after being a few minutes late as usual, Professor Moody laughed boisterously.

"I was wondering when you would show yourself!" Moody said grinning at him. The DADA teachers comment unsettled Kakashi, could his eye see through the body transformation jutsu he placed. If so, the man's magical eye had similar abilities to the Hyuga clans Byakugan, just without the chakra exhaustion. Kakashi took his seat next to Neville, not bothering to comment on the Professors outburst. Instead deciding to put his head down on the desk, trying to avoid everyone's eyecontact, especially Malfoy's.

Kakashi had skipped the idea of going to lunch after DADA, not wanting to hear the comments that would be said by the Slytherin table (about the issue involving Fleur and his apperance). He settled for meditating out by the lake. Lady Tsunade had taught him to store chakra to develop the Byakugō no In, allowing chakra to fill into an extra pool located at the forhead. It took a lot of concentration, but the results were worth it. It also distracted him from the giggles he was hearing behind him. He was almost through with adding another drop of chakra into the pool when he sensed someone comming towards him.

"Kakashi, I need to speak wiz you." Fleur said. Kakashi opened his eyes to look up at her, she was wearing the standard Beauxbatons powder blue uniform, which fit loosely off of her sholdurs.

"Yes?" He acknowledged, gesturing for her to continue.

"I wanted to know if you have heard ze rumors Rita had zaid abou' us?" She asked in her thick French accent.

"Yes." He said with a sigh.

"And I juz wanted to tell you that you should not hope for zem to be true. I would not want to be rezponzible for a broken 'art." Fleur said sweetly.

"I know, and don't worry, I don't feel anything for you in that way." Kakashi said in a tone he knew wouldn't offend her.

"Wonderful! Because I juz want us to be friends, dispite ze 'orrible accusations. I have had Madam Maxime put an end to ze rumors, so she shouldn't be writting anymore false artcles about uz." She said sitting next to him on the grass. "I also wanted to zank you for what you did before the Tournament, I don't know how you did it but you made me feel calm and strong. What did you do exactly." She asked, smiling sweetly at him.

"I transferred white chakra into your system through our hands. It is a technique used often in my culture." He said, placing his hand on her sholdur to show her. She instantly smiled at the warm, calming sensation that entered her soul.

"That iz amaizing!" She said beaming. "Well, I must go. Break is now over, and we both have classes. I shall see you before the second task, or maybe even sometime before zen." She said standing up to leave. "Oh, and by ze way, I love your ears!" She said walking away before Kakashi could say something.

He watched her leave, glad that the conversation hadn't been as awkward as he feared it would be. He stood up as well, stretching his limbs and walked back towards the castle to be met by Harry who was on his way to Transfiguration.

"Did Fleur talk to you, she had asked us during lunch where you were, so we told her you were out by the lake." Harry said.

"We talked, she told me that the Beauxbatons Headmistress stoped the rumors and threatened Rita Skeeter to stop printing false articles about us. I don't know if that appied to you and Hermione though." Kakashi said. Harry looked down at his feet in disappointment, Malfoy hadn't stopped singing in the Great Hall about him and Hermione. So if Rita kept printing stories about the two then the Slytherin wouldn't stop.

"Ah, I'm glad that the two of you decided to show up. Your late. 5 points from Gryffindor." Professor McGonagall said as they entered the classroom. "Mr. Hatake, might I ask what is the matter with your ears? Did you eat one of the Weasleys Wizard Wheezes?" She asked sounding worried.

"No, Professor McGonagall. These are just my real ears." Kakashi replied dully. He had been angry at Pakun when the ninja dog said that he couldn't lie about the strange appearance of his ears, teeth or claws.

"And the claws Mr. Hatake? I'm afraid that they are considered to be weapons, so you shall have to go see Professor Dumbledore this instant. Or I shall be forced to take away more house points and give you detention." She said sternly.

Kakashi wished that he could just retract the claws, making everyone happy. However, he didn't want Pakun telling Gai about the article concerning himself and Fleur Delacour. So he respectfully stood up and made his way to the Headmasters office.

"Likorish Wands." He told the gargoyal guarding Dumbledore's study. When he reached the top of the stairs the door was already ajar, so he kindly let himself in.

"Ah, Mr. Hatake. What can I do for you?" The Headmaster greeted, cutting off his conversation with Snape, who glared at him.

"Professor McGonagall sent me here on behalf of my apperance." Kakashi stated annoyed. Dumbledore ignored the cheek in his voice, looking over the 'false' student, talking notice of his cute ears and sharp claws.

"Did you run into a jinx, Mr. Hatake?" Dumbledore said with a smile. Snape peered over at him, also wanting to hear the boys response.

"No, this is my true form. I usually hide the ears and claws with a simple hinge, however, my pug blackmailed me." He said curtly. Snape's eyes narrowed at the strange response.

"Expand?" The potions master demanded.

"My pug... Pakun... threatened to tell someone from my Villiage about the article on me and Miss. Delacour. So to prevent him from delivering the news, we made a deal that I had to go one full day without my hinge." He answered embarrassed.

"Well, just because you are here to protect Mr. Potter, that does not make you immune to school rules. You shall perform this 'hinge', continuing to hide the claws and ridiculous ears
and deal with the consequences. " Snape snapped harshly. Kakashi opened his mouth to argue the fact that he couldn't help look that way but Dumbledore interrupted.

"Now, now Severous you heard what he said. This is his true form, so you cannot call his appearance ridiculous. Apologize at once." Dumbledore said sounding a little upset.

Snape turned up his nose and left the room without another word, not bothering to fulfil the Headmasters wish. Kakashi however couldn't care less, he was mature enough to not need an apology.

"I am sorry Kakashi, you must forgive him." Dumbledore said on behalf of his employee, Kakashi nodded his head in understanding. "I also apologize for my rudeness." He stated to Kakashi's confusion.

"You didn't say anything." Kakashi said.

"No, but I will say this though. Your ears are rather 'cute', Minato Sensei said something about them a while back ago. I am glad I had the opportunity to see them for myself." Dumbledore said smiling, his eyes twinkling innocently at the comment. Kakashi placed his hands over his ears, covering them from the Headmasters view. How could Minato say something about his ears to their employer! Totally uncalled for! Dumbledore laughed happily at the teens animated response, making his appearance even cuter.

"Well, if that is everything sir, I must go." Kakashi said turning to leave, his hands still atop of his head.

"Kakashi..." Dumbledore said, stopping the boy, "I am afraid that the claws are not allowed. But if it makes things easier, I shall have a talk with Pakun. Allowing his blackmailing methods to fall through." He said to Kakashi's relief.

"Arrigato Dumbledore-Sama." Kakashi said respectfully, retracting the claws and placing the hinge back over his ears, giving him the appearance of having human ones again. He couldn't yet figure out why the jutsu never worked on his teeth, but wasn't really that bothered by the fact. He usually kept his face mask over them anyway, however, he couldn't quite do that here.

"Your welcome Mr. Hatake." The Headmaster said as Kakashi left his office, heading back to class.

When Kakashi entered Professor McGonagall's class again, he was surprised to see that the chairs and tables had been moved aside. In the center of the room, couples were attempting to dance.

"Ah, you made it back just in time Hatake. Now to explain again, every Triwizard Tournament, there is a Yule Ball. As a 'member' of the house of Godrick Gryffindor, you must learn to dance. For I shall not have shame and humiliation become this great house!" She said sternly, thrusting him towards Hermione, who had no partner. She seemed embarrassed and pleased at being parred up with him, the two of them following the steps to the rhythm of the music with the other students.

Kakashi was not pleased at the prospect of there being a ball and because he was a champion, he was required to have a date. It was another tradition that he had to deal with. Harry also seemed frightened at the idea of asking a girl out, Kakashi knew his charge had a crush on Cho Chang, but was to shy to actually ask her before she got a date.

My mid December, Kakashi, Harry and Ron hadn't bothered to find a date. Even Minato Sensei had written home to his wife Kushina to come the night of the Ball so they could see each other. Hermione, to Kakashi's confusion, had hidden the fact that she was going with Victor Krum. So out of respect for her, he said nothing to the others on the matter.

Two days before the Ball, Neville had for once brewed a potion correctly. However, in his haste to show Professor Snape, he tripped over his own feet, spilling the contents of the cauldron all over Kakashi. Luckily, Snape had allowed him to wash up in the men's room. Where he was met with the sound of soft crying. He followed the sound to one of the stalls, confused to why a girl was crying in the men's bathroom.

"Are you alright?" He asked kindly, not wanting to upset the girl any further. The crying stopped, however, she didn't step out either. Instead a ghost flew from the closed door, going straight through Kakashi making him shiver from the feeling of death. He turned to face the strange girl, he thought he had seen all the castles ghosts, but apparently he was mistaken. He approached her slowely, not wanting to frighten her off.

"Are you ok?" He asked her again. She looked up at him, surprised he hadn't ran off yet.

"Are you not scared?" She asked in a low voice, whipping away her tears.

"Why would I be scared?" He answered her question with a question. He wasn't scared of any of the schools ghosts, in fact Peeves the Poltigerist was afraid of him and his ability to see through every prank he wanted to pull.

"Because when people see me, they scream and yell and call me ugly." She said attempting to fight off more tears. Kakashi looked over her, she wasn't ugly. She had a subtle beauty that was hidden beneath thick round glasses. Whoever had made fun of her was sure mean, and probably only said it out of jealousy.

"I don't think you are ugly. You have pretty eyes and a sweet spirit." He said, trying to cheer her up. It was true, her chakra nature was warm and bright. He could tell that she must have been a kind and forgiving person when she was alive. In fact, she reminded him of Rin. She instantly beamed at him, her tears drying away instantly.

"You are the kindest boy I have ever met!" She said happily. Harry had been nicer to her than some, however, he had never complemented her before. "What's your name?" She asked.

"Kakashi Hatake. Yours?" He asked in return.

"Mertle Elisabeth Warren. But I've been dubbed Moaning Mertle, because I tend to cry alot." She said sadly.

"I'm sorry, I know what it's like to be called things that you don't want as a permanent title." He said, surprisingly easily. It was typically hard for him to open up about his feelings, but this girl seemed different. Maybe because she was dead, and all the people he had cared about was dead, making it easier to talk to her. He didn't know, but it was nice to talk to someone and he could tell she felt the same way.

"Like what?" She asked. He couldn't quite tell her that he was called "Friend Killer", so he decided to go with a different one.

"People who know me often call me "Coldhearted Kakashi." He answered.

"You are not coldhearted! You have been wrongly accused just as I have" she said upset by the cruel nickname. He didn't really agree with her, but was glad she didn't think so.

"So Kakashi, your one of the Champions aren't you?" She said to his surprise.

"How did you know?" He asked bemused.

"I live in the girls laboratory on the fifth floor, I hear a lot of gossip and fangirling there." She said unamused. Kakashi was still shocked that she remembered the name, and made the connection. He was quite impressed with her intelligence.

"Hey Mirtle?" He said shyly.

"Yes?"

"Tomorrow night is the Yule ball, and there was absolutely on one I considered asking to go with me until now, and I would very much like you to go with me." He asked nicely. Her eyes widened, tears filling the rim.

"Yes! Because you see me as a person, and not as a thing. No one else here would ever think that I have feelings, but you know that I do! Thank you, thank you Kakashi!" She said, attempting to hug him without going straight through him. He also tried to return the embrace, albeit awkwardly.

"Sounds great! I'll, um... pick you up on the fifth floor then?" He asked unsure.

"Haha, no silly, I'll meet you in the Entrance Hall like everybody else!" She said laughing for the first time in a century. He smiled at her, nodding his response. He didn't really know how these things worked, so he was glad she did at least.

After saying a quick goodbye, he left in a better mood than he had arrived.. to his surprise. In fact, this whole mission had changed him, before he was a depressed suicidal teen. He was still depressed, however, he wasn't as suicidal. He walked silently to the Common Room, smiling internally. Upon entering, he was met with a hyperventilating Ron.

"I asked Fleur Delacour out!" Ron said frightened.

"Well what did she say?" Harry asked equally as shocked.

"No, of course." Hermione said.

"I don't know, I ran away before she could answer me." Ron said still shaking from the experience. Hermione approached him, holding a glass of gold liquid to his lips, who looked at the cup questioningly.

"It's a tonic Ron, it will help to calm your nerves." She said, helping him to drink it. Kakashi and the orhers saw him instantly relax, looking drowzy. Harry and Kakashi helped him into bed, settling down to go to sleep as well.

LineBreakLinebreakLinebreakLinebreak...

The next day brought an aura of hyperactivity and nervousness. Everyone was looking forward to the Yule Ball, doing last minute orders and adjustments to dress robes or dresses. Ron had received an ancient looking pair of dress robes, that smelled hundreds of years old. The color was absolutely gastly, in Kakashi's opinion. Harry, to Kakashi's releif, wore something more modern and had less of a stench.

Kakashi settled for wearing his black funeral clothes. They were neat and formal dispite there actual use, however, he didn't need to tell anyone what they were for. Ron gave Kakashi and Harry vivid looks on account of their dress, neither of them blaming his envy.

The three teens walked down to the fully decorated Entrance Hall. Professor McGonagall walked up to them briskly.

"Potter, Hatake? Are you two ready?" She asked.

"Ready? Professor?" Harry questioned.

"To dance, it's traditional that the Champions are the first to dance. So, where is Miss. Patille? And Hatake, who are you escorting to the Ball?" She asked in a rush.

"I'm right here Professor McGonagall!" Patty Patille said as she grasped Harry's arm, smiling widely. Her twin comming to stand by Ron.

"And you Hatake?" McGonagall insisted.

"Here she comes." Kakashi said, taking notice of Mirtle floating down the stairs, wearing a simple black dress. Her hair was pulled up into a tight bun. Professor McGonagall, Harry and Ron looked shocked as she approached Kakashi.

"Miss. Warren! How pretty you look!" McGonagall said, tearing up slightly.

"Thank you! Hermione did a spell to change my hair and dress!" Mertle said happily as she took Kakashi's arm. Harry and Ron were still gapping like fish at the sight of Kakashi and Moaning Mertle together.

"Perfect, now line up here together with Miss. Delacour and Mr. Diggory and wait for the bells. Mr. Weasly, Miss. Patille, please make your way to the Great Hall." She said, leaving briskly, whipping away a tear with her handkerchief.

Kakashi and Harry stood next to their respective dates, when they both caught sight of Hermione comming down the stairs in a periwinkle blue dress. Her hair was soft and tamed, pulled back into a loose bun. Harry watched wide-eyed as Victor Krum came to collector her, leading her to come stand by them.

Before Harry could say anything to her, the bells rang and the doors to the Great Hall opened dramatically. The five couples walked single filed onto the dance floor ceremoniously. Kakashi gently grasped Mertles hand and waste, Harry watching intently to copy the movement. A slow waltz melody echoed throughout the hall, the couples dancing rhythmically to the soft music. After the first few turns, others came to join them on the ballroom floor.

Harry saw Minato Sensei dancing with the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. She had long scarlett hair that stopped at her knees. She was wearing a traditional Japanese style kimono that was a deep forest green. The two of them spun harmoniously together, easily being the best couple in the Hall. Harry didn't know that Minato Sensei had a wife, but was deffinantly pleased at the sight. She reminded him greatly of his mother, the only difference being the eyes. His mothers were a deep emerald green, the women who was embraced in Minato's arms had purple-blue eyes, a color he had never seen before. When the Walz had finnished, he followed Kakashi off the dance floor, whom he saw sit down heavily in a chair, looking very pale.

"Are you alright Kakashi!?" He heard Mirtle ask worried.

"I'll be alright, don't worry. If you still want to dance I won't object." He said kindly.

"No, you need to rest a little. It's not so good for the living to touch someone who is trapped between the veil for so long, I could end up hurting you." She replied hastily. Kakashi turned his head, taking notice of Harry.

"If your going to tell me to rest as well, you don't have too." He said, trying not to sound annoyed.

"Oh no, I was just wondering who the woman with Minato Sensei is." Harry stated.

"That's Uzumaki Kushina, Minato Sensei's wife." He said. Harry could tell by just the tone of Kakashi's voice she was a woman who was to be respected. Harry quickly stood up straight when Minato and Kushina started walking towards them.

"Kakashi! It's so wonderful to see you ya know!" Kushina said happily, picking up Kakashi into a tight hug, holding him close to her bussom. She had made him look so light, easily being able to pick him up without effort. Harry stared wide eyed at the woman before him, shocked by her beauty and strength.

"Kushina-san, your crushing me." Kakashi said, unable to breath. She quickly released him, helping to stable him.

"I'm sorry Kakashi!" She said apologetically. "Who is this?" She asked gesturing towards Harry and Mertle, changing the subject.

"This is Mertle Warren, my date for tonight and this is Harry Potter." Kakashi answered.

"Awe, well I'm Uzumaki Kushina, Minato's wife." She sweetly introduced.

"Pleasure to meet you." Harry said respectfully, shaking her hand. She didn't quite understand the handshake, but accepted the greeting anyway.

"So your the reason why their here hugh!" She exclaimed, "Minato tells me a lot of good things about you, ya know." Kushina complemented. Harry was starting to pick up on her speech pattern, enjoying her enthusiasm.

"Thank you." Harry said.

"Well, we must be going. You three enjoy your evening all right! Oh Kakashi, Harry, see me later all right." Minato said as he led Kushina back to the ballroom. Kakashi waved them off, turning back to face Harry and Mirtle.

"Your really close to Minato Sensei and her, aren't you?" Harry asked.

"Yeah, after my Father died she insisted that I come live with them. She didn't want me to be all alone inside the big empty house. She is the closest thing I have to a mother. Minato was already my Sensei at the time, but he's always been overly protective of me." Kakashi explained. Harry understood, Mrs. Weasly was the closest thing he had to a mother as well and his Godfather Serious a father fugure.

"Kakashi, I'm going to go now. Thank you for the most wonderful evening since my death." Mirtle said sweetly.

"Your welcome, I'll come and see you sometime." Kakashi said kissing the top of her hand gentilly. Mirtle giggled, floating off to haunt the lonely population of Hogwarts students.

"So what do you think Minato Sensei wants to see us about?" Harry asked after Mirtle had left.

"No idea. Although, we should wait for tomorrow to see him, he would want to spend time with Kushina-san." Kakashi said.

"Yeah, your probably right." Harry said, remembering the beautiful woman.

"I've been looking all over for you two!" Ron said as he sat heavily right beside Harry and Kakashi, taking his cloak and tie off. "Can you believe that Hermione came to the Ball with Victor Krum!? Of all people!" He stated angrily.

"Yes." Kakashi stated matter of factly.

"What makes you say that?" Harry wondered.

"Victor is not an intelligent wizard by any means, however, he does have the taste for them. He's been going to the Library a lot lately and I've seen him staring at her intently at meal times." Kakashi said.

"That explains his intentions, but what about hers?" Ron clarified.

"Well, she is not always appreciated or commended for her intelligence by neither you or Harry, so it makes sense for her to go out with someone who does." Kakashi explained.

"So then why didn't you ask her?" Harry shot back, taking offence to Kakashi's words.

"I am not here to indulge on such things, my soul reason for being here is to protect you and to ensure that the wizarding community does not become a threat to my Villiage. I have no other purpose or task to fulfil." Kakashi said bluntly. However, that response was not entirely true. He had considered asking Hermione to the Ball, but he didn't want to make roots here. Kakashi had lost so many people in his life, he had trouble making new connections out of fear of losing them as well. He hadn't had any problem with taking Mertle because he knew that she couldn't make roots either, being a ghost and all.

"You know that you are allowed to live a life ya know! You are not a mindless machine or a tool! If you really wanted to ask Hermione to the Ball, then you should have. Minato Sensei has a wife and he's a Shinobi! So why can't you 'indulge' in simple pleasures!?" Harry argued.

"Minato Sensei has not given himself up as a tool to begin with, so he can allow himself to love and have a wife. He is not a living weapon. Sure he is a powerful asset to the Leaf Villiage, but so is Kushina. Besides, it's hard to give away your heart when it has already been destroyed." Kakashi said solumly, leaving the two young wizards alone.

........................................................................

I kind of don't like this chapter, but at the same time I really do.

Leave comments and tell me what you think, I would love to hear your opinion!

Thank you!

Have a great week!!!

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

74.3K 3K 11
Harry and Siri head back to Hogwarts for their 4th year, along with Hermione and Ron. But with the Tri-Wizard tournament in play, crushes, and Dark L...
19.3K 882 45
Being a Shinobi meant sacrificing, he thought he understood that. Being an orphan meant enduring hardships, she was well aware of that. When suddenl...
207K 9.3K 35
Back at Hogwarts for her second year in the modern world, equipped with a brilliant group of friends and a boy who loves her dearly, Azalea Hogwarts...
1.5K 36 23
Albus Severus Potter is in his sixth year. The deathly Hallows isn't over. There is a curse worse than it. And to defeat it he, Rose, Scorpius, and D...