Mistaken Love (#Wattys2018)

By dearhearty

She didn't mean to love the man who she knew that will never love her back. Shanaya Campbell is working a su... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
ATTENTION!!!
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Last Chapter
Epilogue
Special Chapter
You're MINE

Chapter 31

27K 950 36
By dearhearty

Another Day

That evening, Caius and I went home together because true to his words, he did wait for me until seven. He was just obediently sitting there, doing his own thing and time to time, he would come to me and ask if I'm alright. He was hesitant in asking me because he promised that he won't speak a word.

I introduced him to other workers and he seems to be friendly towards them, plastering that face he uses when he is meeting with some patients or some professional people. That fake jolly smile of his that he shows to everyone except for Omir. It was obvious that he doesn't like him.

So, we arrived home and once again, alone inside the house. We started to prepare our dinner and being Caius as the chef, and I am just assisting him.

Tonight, he is making a lemon garlic Parmesan pasta and once again, I'm impressed. I didn't even know how to make this and I'm watching his every move on how he does it. I should really think of something to cook so I could return the favour as well.

Yes, maybe I'm still a little worried about the trust thing that Lau did but I realised, who is she for me to be agitated about? This is my life and Caius is my husband. So what, if he used to date or have a fling with Lau before. Caius accepted me as for me and so will I.

I am watching Caius drain the pasta from the boiling water and now he is about to mix the sauce on the noddles. 

Without thinking, I just walked towards behind him and wrap my arms around his waist. I felt him stiffen when he felt my presence. My cheek is resting near at his back so I easily felt the vibration when he chuckled. I feel like I just need this for a moment. After what I encountered with Lau, I guess this is just the time that I'm cooling myself.

It is a shame that I treated Caius at the office a little colder than my usual way of approach towards him.

Caius placed his hand on top of mine and I thought he was gonna unwrap it but he just leaned it there. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"You keep on giving me the same answer, Shanaya." His baritone voice is so sexy but it holds demand right now.

"Because it's true." I replied, now resting my chin on his back and smiled.

Caius transferred the noodles to a plate with me still sticking behind him but he turns around and placed his hands below my butt to carry me up so he could sit me down on the stool. "Does this has something to do when Laureen talked to you?"

I shook my head and put up a fake smile. "Of course not, she is not worth it if I keep on thinking about her."

"Good, I don't want you to worry about something like that." Caius pulled away to take the plate of noodles and poured the sauce on top of it. The aroma quickly fills my nostrils and I quickly drooled for it.

I leaned down to smell the pasta and the lemony scent is amazing. "Wow, you are amazing, Caius."

"Of course, I am." He bluntly smirked then brings out the plates for the both of us. Oh, my husband is just serving me. I didn't even do anything aside watch him cook. Then he gathers some in his own plate, twirls the noodles around his fork then raised them up to my lips. "Taste them first."

I blushed, realising that he is feeding it to me. My mouth automatically shut feeling a little shy about it but of course, I want to slap myself for doing that.

"Come on, don't make me wait. Tell me if I need to add more seasonings." He murmured.

Tsk, he is so persuasive. I opened my mouth and he thrusts the fork in so I could taste it. And once it exploded in my tastebuds, it keeps me wanting more. "It's delicious!"

"Great." He smiled like he won a first prize so he scoop some more on my plate and served me there. Jeez, he is really behaving romantically right now and everything is still in process inside me. "Eat up."

"I will." I smiled charmingly at him then just savoured the moment that I'm having a delicious dinner with my husband. Not everything got to feel what I am feeling right now though.

Tsk, I bet Gale hasn't done this yet to Lau. He hates cooking dinner so we usually just dine out or I will cook for us.

Hm, that's it. Maybe I can cook something for Caius for a change? He has been the one cooking our meals. I want to make his favourite one tomorrow then.

After eating, Caius and I hang out a little at the kitchen, just talking about random things. He was telling me about the surgery that he is going to perform tomorrow, which was the Sultan's kid so he will have a very hectic schedule tomorrow.

"How long will the operation will take?" I asked.

"Maybe eleven hours...or more. Depends on how the child will react to our methods. He might bleed too much because it's his face that we are talking about. It will affect his brain no matter what." He explained, inhaling.

"You can do it." I cheered softly. "The Sultan will not choose you in this case if you can't. He trust you."

Caius chuckled. "I hope so." He drinks his glass clean before placing it down on the table. The plates are already clean so we don't have anything else to do next. "If this surgery was a success? Can I get a reward?"

"A reward?" I chuckled. "You already had a lot of certificates, medals and trophies out there, what kind of reward do you still need?" There are a lot of them at the shelf  at the living room though. And those are stacks, I can't even believe my husband is that amazing when it comes to his profession.

"I don't want that." Caius closed our distance so he could say, "A reward that only you can give me?"

Oh shit, palpitations. "And what is that? Care to remind me what that reward is?" I also played along, let's see how can you keep up.

"Remind you? I have tons in mind how to." A sexy smirk forms in his lips as he quickly captured my lips with his hot kisses. Oh God, this is the reward he is talking about?!

I uncross my leg and stands up from the stool, not breaking it so I could come closer to him and he pulled me up to his waist, now I'm sitting astride of him. Sometimes, my actions really surprises me. I am not usually the one leading or makes the first move but due to what I am feeling, I can't help myself. I always wanted to feel his body and his heat. It just makes me so happy.

It feels good that he gets to be so comfortable around me. I bet he already realise the goodness of having someone and sharing something with them.

His hands are all over my back, my hairs tensed up when he lowers his hand then slip his hands inside my shorts, then beneath my underwear and cupped my butt causing me to yelp. "Woah, watch where your hands are going."

But he just chuckled. "Well, those are my property. They are mine to play with." The way his voice became hoarse kinda turns me on.

He grunts as he kissed me with passion. I wrapped my arms around his neck and return the kisses, trying to be equal with him. But his was so powerful and I just can't say no to them.

"I believe I still have to teach your body to know that you are mine." He whispered, dangerously as he lifts me up and carried me to our room.

He sets me down on the bed...more like he throws me there and I can't stop the squeal that comes out from me. Like a teenage girl getting a first kiss with her crush.

Caius was a little harsher than our first time but his hands and eyes were soft as they pierce right though my soul. Nothing can make your heart flutter unless its the man you love, huh?

The next morning, I woke up ahead of him. He was still sleeping peacefully beside me like an angel who doesn't have any darkness or sins within them. His long full lashes are like feathers with its softness, his nose fits perfectly while his lips are think and given with a natural pink shade that turns quickly red when bitten. So is his eyes, the most amazing features he has, those mesmerising almond eyes that can easily pierce right through you, uncovering your soul. 

So handsome, and I can't believe that I have him as my husband.

The difference right now is that we do not have a pillow between our bed that serves as a border to separates us as we sleep. Now, that pillow is being shared by me and Caius. He has his arms around me, as I lay on it, our legs tangled together just like our hand. They just fit perfectly together. Who knows that Caius and I will get into this point? So unbelievable yet it was made possible.

I guess this is the part where I thought to thank Gale and Laureen. They are the reasons why me and Caius were matched. Yes, I kissed him at the club while I was still engaged but I didn't regret it. Come to think of it, Laureen already knows him that time so it kinda answers the question. It maybe true that she and Caius once dated but he's mine now. If she has the right protect what's hers and so am I.

Caius is mine.

Anyone who disagrees then they need to face me.

Noticing that Caius is still in his deep slumber, I decided to cook breakfast for the both of us. Quietly and gently, I remove myself from his grasp then grab the clean shirt that I wore last night then cleaned panties, and some cotton shorts  before tiptoeing my way out of the room.

I tied my hair in a high messy bun as I work some magic inside the kitchen. Picking up the bread then I sliced it to make some loaves, spreading some butter on it and adding some sugar before toasting them up in the microwave. As it heats up in there, I started preparing some eggs, the flour, some baking powder, seasonings and more. I will be making a breakfast egg muffin. Well, baking is where I'm good at so I am gonna enchant him with this.

I was nearly done with the mixtures and I already scooped them on the muffin tray and put them inside the oven when Caius came in, his hair still messy but damn, he was sexier this way, he is wearing a white tank top on and just his black boxers.

"Hi, good morning." I greeted him while setting the timer of the oven. My eyes roamed at him from top to bottom and the sight in front of me is the most natural thing ever. My handsome sleepy handsome smiling down at me.

I didn't know morning could be this hot.

"'Morning, what are you making?" He asked, coming closer so he could peek inside the oven. His eyes sets on the kitchen counter and saw well done French toast, and freshly brewed coffees for the both of us. "You should have woken me up."

"Nah, you were sleeping too peacefully." I stated, grabbing some plate, forks and knives before handling it to him. "Set up the table."

"Yes, milady." He grinned before giving me a peck on the lips then head off to the dining table so he could set them down then picks up our coffee and handed one to me.

"What time is your surgery today?" I asked, leaning my lower back on the counter bar.

"Ten this morning." He replied, "I already called your own driver to drive you and pick you up later."

"Oh..." Was that disappointment that I feel? It's strange but it kinda makes me like the idea that Caius is picking me up from work but he still has his surgery to perform so I have to understand. It is just lately, I've been wanting him more. I want to spend all of my time with him. I guess having that job came in the worst timing ever.

Breakfast was done before Caius and I get ready for our work. According to my great husband, we should know to save water so he suggested that we should shower together. For the wife, of course it was amazing and a good idea. He just couldn't get his hands off me and so do I. With those mesmerising blue orbs of his, who wouldn't? It was pure delight every time I'm with him.

I was fixing myself in the mirror, already done with changing and putting on some small makeup.

Caius comes inside the room and said, "Your driver is here. Come." He stated, so I followed him outside.

There is a new car parked outside. A matte grey Audi RS7 and it is sparkling in my eyes. It's so beautiful. Does the driver owns this?

Caius was standing beside the car talking to a man wearing a black suit, he's also good looking though.

"Shanaya, this is Joseph. He will be driving and picking you up from work." He introduced me.

Woah, he is too handsome just to be my personal driver though. But who cares? I shake hands with him and smiled kindly. "Joseph."

"Mrs. Bateman." He also smiled back then withdrew his hand to bury them inside his pockets. "I will get your car ready."

"My car?" My eyebrows touched in confusion as I turn my attention back to my husband. "Is this your car, Caius?"

Caius grimaced and placed a hand on top of my head to give it a little shake, as if I was a kid. "It's yours, Shanaya. I bought it just for you."

My eyes suddenly was popped out of my eyes like the blood got drained. "You kidding right?"

"Nope, it's yours. I bought it just for you."

"No, no...this is too much. You have two or three cars in here. You don't have to get me my own car." I cracked. This is a very expensive car. In my whole life, no one has given me such gift for no reason.

Caius placed a kiss on my forehead and hugged me tightly to stop my second thoughts. "I just want to give my woman a reward."

"Reward?" I confusedly asked. "I thought I was gonna give you a reward if you succeed your operation?"

Caius grinned handsomely. "Well for today, I will give you a reward for just being a good wife to a useless man like me."

The electricity jazed through my veins as my chest tightens hearing those words coming from him. It's not really normal for Caius to say those things. "Useless?" I scoffed. "You're an amazing surgeon, how can you be useless?"

"A good man will be judged based on what he has done...not because of their status." He whispered in deep breath then he checked his wrist watch. "I will also be leaving. I want to see you off first before I drive towards the hospital."

Nodding in agreement, but something in my feet that is holding me to start walking. I want to stay here with him if it is just possible. "Jeez, I don't know what to say..." I mumbled, biting my lip.

"Just say...that you will be here when I return tonight." He replied.

"Of course, why wouldn't I be?" I wrap my arms around him then placed a quick kiss on his lips before jumping off to enter my car. God, even if I'm working before I got into an accident, I never had a car. This is really a huge deal for me. I waved at him through the window before we head off.

My driver is kind, he is also not that talkative kind of guy but he is very bubbly. He smiles a lot and I do not feel awkward towards him. It's strange I started liking it when Caius drives me to work, happens that the change has come.

The day at the office flows naturally. No problems happened unless someone will show up again and attack me here.

Caius texted me before he starts his operation saying that I might not receive any message from him for a few hours because it's gonna be a very long surgery. Actually it was very surprising...Caius just texted. He texted! He hates doing that so instead, he would just call me but he did something for a change. Without realising it, there is this tickling feeling inside me like I want to giggle. Jeez, I'm not a high schooler who giggles over texts like that! What is wrong with me?

"Woah, that's a smile who wants to giggle." Laila entered my office, as she gently closes the door.

"Laila!" I was a little surprise though, really need to break my daydreaming. It's nice a good habit here at work. "Sorry, I was thinking of something."

"What? You're sexting with your hot husband?" A playful smile appeared in her lips.

"No!" That's so gross. "Ewww, I'm not that kind of girl."

"I know." She wrinkled her nose while handing me the pictures for some certain articles that she is working at. "But shy girls usually change when they got married."

I laughed and just rolled my eyes at her. "Quit joking, Laila and get back to work." I shooed her away before twisting my swivel chair to my other drafting table and continued working.

But without thinking, a giggle automatically came out from me as I proceed to my job.

What has gotten into you, Shanaya?

By evening came, I still haven't received anything from Caius so assuming that he is still working. But I did texted him that I am on my way home.

Joseph is waiting patiently for me when I came down but before I could get in the car, someone touched my arm causing me to turn around to see who it was. My eyes widen in shock to see the least person that I want to see in my whole life.

"Gale?" My eyebrows furrowed as my eyes went down to his hand on me. I quickly shove it off and stand straightly in front of him. "What are you doing?"

His eyes are very drawn into mine like he's offering a competition. "Let's talk."

"You should step aside, Sir." Suddenly Joseph got between us causing for Gale to move back a little but his strong presence is not yet being broken.

"It's alright, Joseph. You go in the car, I will follow in a second." I told her nicely.

He seems a little hesitant to leave me but quickly follows my order when he sees that I'm being serious.

"We already talked at the party, Gale. Leave me alone." I grunted, shooting him a glare. Just so he knew that there is no need for us to talk and my business with him is done.

Even if it is already dark, I can clearly see the driven emotion in his eyes. The sound of car honking and a busy street is what we can hear but with that way of stares, I know he won't back out that easily. Don't forget that he's a lawyer.

"We need to talk alone." His voice was even deeper as he speaks.

"No." I also matched his demanding tone. "There is no way I would go to you alone, Gale. You can't fool me anymore because your new fiancée is annoying me already so don't add up." I was gonna turn around but he stopped me again. 

A confused look plastered his face then it becomes pissed off. "What is wrong with you? How dare you speak to me like that? You just met that man and now you think you're almighty now?!"

I quickly flared with his words. "I am not gonna say it again." Who does he think he is?!

"We are speaking alone, Shanaya. Whether you like it or not! So shut your mouth!" He gripped my wrist but I quickly removed it then following it by a slap on his face.

"I am not your Shanaya anymore, Gale. You will not speak to me like that ever again!" I shouted in his face then quickly opens the car door so he couldn't catch my hand again. "Lets go, Joseph."

We hit the road already, ready to go home but damn, my hand stings. Hitting his face is like hitting a brick wall but I did it with no regret. It actually feels wonderful like receiving the biggest trophy is a competition.

How dare he say those words to me? Gale is an asshole, true to their words. There is no way I will let him control me like he did before because that is not going to happen. The old Shanaya is weak, and she is probably gonna apologise him quickly but that's not how it words anymore. I grew up.

Because Caius was there the whole time for me.

Who needs Gale anyway?

Once again, I didn't notice that there are tears rolling down my cheeks. It's weird but why does my chest still pains?

Well, with what he has done to me, who wouldn't? I died when I found out about him and now I was brought back to life because Caius helped me.

But something at the back of my mind tells me that I should talk to Gale. And I don't know why. Do we need some closure or anything because, him cheating me is enough answer. What he did deserves this hatred that I'm feeling and so is towards Laureen.

It is unforgivable.

To be continued....

Sorry that I have to end it here. I have a lot of work to do later but I want to post a chapter so here you go. I hope it's alright.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

203 6 8
Kaya moves to New York to live with her older brother Jackson. She needed to get out of that small town and turn over a new leaf in her life. She n...
42.8K 2.6K 50
[Complete] A NEW enemies to lovers, office romance. 🔥 Rated R for mature sexual content and graphic language • 18+ *** Two rivaling company presiden...
11.1K 318 27
What started off as a small fling progressed into something deeper. A'liya has always wanted to be loved the proper way, and she meets Travis, who ha...
254K 17.3K 103
Tracy Campbell is 23 years old fun loving girl. She is always laughing and doing fun around. No one never saw her crying. But deep down inside her sh...