One Too Many

By RogueBeautyQueen

Warning! (Rated R) Second Warning! This is not your normal love story. It will leave you emotionally frustrat... More

Warning!
Chapter One
Chapter 2
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Unlucky Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Way Over Due...

Chapter Twenty Seven

10K 371 26
By RogueBeautyQueen

"Ah, Miss Lambert! I'm glad I could squeeze you in." Harvey Roberts smiled as he offered his client a seat. "The paper work is all complete, but please review it before you sign it."

Cassandra's eyes carefully examined the papers as she read them to herself. After completing her examination she sighed and looked to her lawyer, I'm ready to sign the paper work."

Harvey buzzed his assistant in to witness her signature, "Okay, first page." Cassandra slightly pursed her lips and signed. Fifteen minutes later, Harvey smiled and shook her hand, "You did a very good thing, most people our age don't plan for this kind of thing."

Cassandra gave a nervous smile, "Always prepare."

Harvey smiled and shook her hand, "I'll have my assistant to run these down to the clerk of court to file."

"Thank you." Cassandra gave a warm smile and left.

**********

When Olin came home, Cassandra could tell there was something wrong. She was slightly afraid to ask what happened. Was it a mistake to have forgiven him so quickly? She gently cleared her throat as he tapped away at his laptop in his office. He turned his angry brow to her. Cassandra gulped and eased back out of the doorway, "I'm sorry, I'll come back later.."

Before she could fully turn away, Olin had pulled her back to his hard chest and kissed her neck. She had goosebumps as he whispered in her ear, "I'm not angry with you."

She turned her worried face to him, "What's wrong?"

"Its Vicki, she is trying to prove adultery on my part."

Cassandra slowly cut her eyes down to her bump, "Oh."

Olin tipped her chin up to meet his face, "Don't worry about her."

"Olin! It's not right! Did you have a prenatal agreement?"

Olin nodded, "Yes, but it states no infidelity or the cheating spouse receives only twenty percent of assets."

Cassandra sighed, "What do you need? To get your fair share?"

"Proof that she was unfaithful."

"I suppose.."

Olin feverishly shook his head, "No, I can't ask my brother.."

Cassandra pursed her lips, "I understand." She studied Olin's body language, "I can tell your exhausted. Go take a shower and I'll order dinner."

He smiled a tired smile and kissed her, "Okay."

When she could tell that Olin couldn't hear her over the running water, she quickly called an old friend, "Hello ... How much do you still love me..?"
************
After Olin emerged from the bathroom, he followed the aroma of his cheese steak sandwich takeout. He smirked as Cassandra unhappily ate a salad, "Where is your sandwich?"

She gave a sarcastic smile, "Cheesesteak sandwich's are not on my menu for now. I went to the clinic today and my blood pressure is still climbing." She could see worry all over Olin's face, " I told them the truth. My diet has not been the best lately. They said to immediately cut back on sodium and fats, so salad it is."

He nervously nodded then picked up His sandwich and started to make his way to the dining room. He stopped when he heard her speak, "Where are you going?"

He slowly turned to her, "I feel bad eating this in front of you."

His eyes widened as her lip started to quiver, "Ooohhh..."

"Why are you crying?"

She had ridiculous tears easing on to her cheeks, "That's just so sweet.."

Olin gave her a perplexing look, "Okay... Thank.. you..?"

Within seconds time, Cassandra was completely calm, "Okay, I'm done crying, enjoy your sandwich.." She then went back to picking at her salad.

Olin slightly shook his head in disbelief as he walked to the table, "Crazy hormones.."

***********

Early the next morning, Olin angrily tapped his pen against the board room table as Vicki's lawyer read over his mediation agreement. Vicki smirked when she heard her lawyer scoffed, "Come on! Really? You know you are in breach of the prenup, unless you can prove..."

Vicki's lawyer was interrupted by a familiar voice, "Sorry I'm late!"

Vicki's eyes widened in terror as she spotted the intruder, "Tyler?!"

Olin stared in shock as his mouth dropped open. He watched as Tyler took a seat next to him, "Hi, how's it goin?" Olin was still dumbfounded.

Vicki's lawyer cleared his throat, "And you are?"

Tyler chuckled as he turned to him, "Oh! Right! I'm Tyler Pinion."

Her lawyer rolled his eyes, "What do you have to do with this mediation?"

Tyler shuffled in his chair as he sat up taller, "Well.. I'm living proof of Vicki's indefinitely during her marriage."

Vicki's silent temper flared as she snapped a pen in her hand while glaring at Tyler. Her lawyers eyes widened, "Oh, and how many times did you sleep with my client?"

Tyler scoffed a laugh, "Jesus, just once! I came so fast the first time just to get it over with.."

"You son of a bitch!" Tyler leaned away from a lunging Vicki. She heaved as her lawyer held her back.

Tyler straighten his tie as he continued to lean away, "See what I mean.."

Her lawyer pursed his lips as he forced Vicki to sit down, "You would swear before court of your adultery?"

Olin snapped his eager face to Tyler. Tyler sighed as he said in a almost tearful daze, "Yes, she helped me hurt the person I love the most.."

Olin couldn't believe what he was hearing. He turned to his lawyer as he interjected, "Mr. Pinion, are you and you wife still married?"

"No."

Olin's lawyer continued as he spoke to Vicki, "May I remind you in paragraph five, it states that if any party committing adultery, thus causing the end of the outside party's marriage or partnership, receives nothing? My client was smart enough to place that last little bit in there for his own protection. Why should his ex wife get eighty percent of assets for her new lover or husband? Especially if she help destroy a happy home?"

Vicki stood up, "Tyler! I didn't destroy your marriage! Cassandra.."

Tyler slowly stood with a cold glare, "Shut your damn mouth.. Do not say that it was Cassandra that ended my marriage. She stayed.. After.." He had tears easing out of his eyes, "After everything that we.. And I do mean we.. Put her through, but I still was a bad husband. I ended our marriage and it started because of you."

Vicki slowly sat down in shock and spoke to her lawyer while keeping her eyes on Tyler, "I'll settle for twenty percent.."

Olin stood up, "You get nothing.."

Vicki snapped her angered face to her lawyer. He reluctantly looked away and shook his head in defeat. Olin pursed his lips as he noticed Vicki's lip start to quiver. She slowly stood and quickly left the meeting so they would not see her cry.

Olin's lawyer stood, "I think we are finished for now."

Vicki's lawyer stood and sighed. Olin stepped in front of him before he left, "I'll pay for your fees, but nothing else."

Vicki's lawyer slightly nodded as he studied the other men in the room and left.

Olin slowly walked over to Tyler and offered a hand shake, "Thank you.."

Tyler kept a blank face as he shook his hand, "It wasn't for you.."

Olin nodded. He watched as Tyler, now a good man; leave the room. After his lawyer left, Olin pulled his phone from his pocket and noticed ten missed calls from Cassandra. He noticed a voice mail from the first one and the last call.

He eagerly listened. "Ooollliiinn... I.. I... Ooolliinn...?"

He immediately felt as though his heart was going to push out of his chest as he heard the next voice mail from Tiffany, "Oh my God Olin! Answer your damn phone! Cassandra.. Is.. Oh God! Just call me!"

**************
Sorry for the delayed chapter. Did you like it?

What happened to Cassandra?

Where you surprised by Olin's savior?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

118K 4.2K 120
This is the sequel to 'We Desire You' it is not a standalone pls read 'We Desire You' before reading this one. This book focuses a little bit more on...
0 0 10
There was once a saying as true as a morning breeze, well for a Celt that is: No matter how much you know of something or someone, be that a race, a...
880 57 25
The one thing I've been missing walks into my life. A man with blue-green eyes that sets my soul on fire. I sure didn't see Mr. Sexy in my stars. Ir...
4K 48 9
Hendry Arnaud Camden came from a long line of wealth. Hendry was groomed to be one of the successors of his family's wealth. With all the strict rule...