Trust & Regret (Asuna and Kaz...

By InanimateTears

I want to do things my way. I want to prevent things from happening to me. Who is he? Who is she? He must be... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
*Update and a Tag*
Chapter 10
Chapter 11

Chapter 8

951 17 21
By InanimateTears

I GRADUATE TOMORROW

YAY TAXES

     Kazuto's P.O.V

     Asuna Yuuki, huh? Little does she know is that I will be getting the most benefit from the deal. All she will be learning is the basic skills everyone should learn. My amazing computer skills are for more important things, not for school.

     Too bad she told me I had to wait for the sandwich. I complained of course, but she threatened me afterwards again. I keep asking myself why I take the threats, but I didn't have a reason to do otherwise. She can give me something useful, and that, I will not lose.

     I can safely say that making food is not my expertise, but it is something I need to learn. I'm pretty tired of eating the same thing every so often, and when I watched her make the sushi, it looked too easy. She must be a cook or something.

     But the real question, is it good? After she had made hers, she let me try some, and oh boy was it good. I knew right then that I had picked the perfect person.

     After school let out, I couldn't help but think of her. Mainly her last name. Could she be... I wouldn't doubt it. This area is cheap. Should I bring her up? Though, she isn't a problem. She isn't her parents, but we could still watch her closely.

     Why watch her? She probably doesn't know anything.

     But she is interesting. There must be something we could do.

     My phone rung and I answered it, "Yes, Dai?"

     "Hey kid. A little bird has found out that the Yuuki's daughter goes to your school," He said. "Is she in one of your classes?"

     No.

     "Yes, what about her?" I questioned.

     "I want you to become friends with her and find out about her parents."

     "She shouldn't be apart of this. She probably doesn't know anything that is going on." I said without thinking.

     "Are you defying your boss? Do you want Plan B to happen kid?" He asked sternly. I had stayed silent. "Good, but since you questioned it and act like a main character in a book, I now want you to make her fall in love with you."

     "W-Wait, what?"

     "Come on, it would make her trust you even more if you two are together. More trust equals more information. You can do that, right lover boy?" He asked.

     "Yes." I said with hesitation.

     I don't want to go to Plan B. Anything but that. I won't jeopardize myself for something so stupid, even f someone becomes apart of something that they have no control over. However, I feel a tinge of guilt. She now has to deal with her parent's problem.

     "Alright then. I expect something to happen in the next few weeks. When you come by, we will discuss it furthermore," He hung up and I continued to stand there.

     Great, I have to somehow get with her. At that thought, I ran my hands through my hair. How am I supposed to do this? I haven't played dating sims since I was fifteen.

     No, don't think of it like that. She's an actual person and shouldn't be used like that.

     But, If I don't, they will come after me. I mean after all I... I'm the one to blame, and I need to take care of myself. Because if I don't, no one else will.

     "I'm home," I say dully, taking my shoes off and heading to my room.

     I have an hour and a half to take a nap before I head over to Dai's. But it might be a good idea if I eat beforehand too.

     "Big brother!" I hear my cousin call out.

     Her name is Suguha, and she tends to call me her big brother because we practically grew up like we were siblings.

     She appeared before me, her short black hair sticking to her neck and wearing pj's.

     "Yo, you came home early from the tournament?" I asked.

     "Yup, there's a break right now, so all of us got to go home and relax. Oh, how I missed our shower," She awed, running her fingers through her damp hair.

     "Well, I'm going to head to my bed for an hour," I say walking past her.

     "You're still working?" She asked. "I don't know why you are. That guy is really sketchy."

     "He deals with technology, what do you expect?" I reply going into my room.

     "But, Kazuto..." She says as she follows me, stopping at the door frame.

     "I know what I'm doing. Dai is a good guy, and he's helping me, while I help him. It's just computer programing, no big deal."

     "You say that, but sometimes you are there for days without coming home. My mom would be upset if she was here."

     She doesn't understand and that's fine. I don't care to get them involved. It would be pointless. I just don't know why she is bringing it up now. She's been gone herself and has only seen Dai twice, and it was to introduce him as my mentor and to drop off some flash drives.

     "Don't worry her," I say to her. "Especially since she's doing that already."

     "Sadly, it's for people that never talk to us," She agrees and begins to walk away. "I won't tell her."

     If she continues to question me, it will sure become a problem.

     "So why are you telling me to date the Yuuki's daughter?" I asked Dai once I got there.

     I understand the motive behind it, but dating isn't always the best option to get information.

     "I already told you kid," He responded.

     "But it sounds like a sappy love story."

     "A sappy love story that is one sided," He corrected.

     "Oh, my apologizes," I said with my hands up.

     Dai chuckled. "This is why I like you kid. You're hard working and sarcastic. My type of people. But I'm serious. Girls tend to be more open about things about their life when they are in a relationship with a guy. Geez, I'm not telling you to marry the girl."

     "What if she finds out?" I asked.

     "Then you didn't do your job right. You jeopardize the whole corporation, and everyone will come after you. You know this isn't a game. Once you're dead, you stay dead," He said.

     "Understood."

    I better not mess this up. If I do, there's no way back to Plan A.

     "Now get to work, Shuichi will want a progress check with the Yuuki's," He told me.

     "The funds are stable. They haven't gotten any money since their payday. If it fluctuates more than two percent, we will know they are getting money from others," I say, hopping onto the computer.

     I typed some things in and a screen popped up of a graph of their money over the last few months. "I tracked past records to let me clear differences between then and now, and as you can see, there is. Now we just have to keep an eye on it, and our firewall so no one can suspect that it is our doing."

     Dai clamped a hand on my shoulder. "Good job kid. I'll let Shuichi know that you have this one in the bag. Keep it up." He then left the room.

     At least he sounded like he was in a good mood. Sometimes when it comes to business he's a hard ass. However, when it comes to me now, he seems as if he loosened up a bit. I wonder why that is.

     I exited out of all the tabs that I had opened except one. A live graph of money coming in and out of a nearby bank. The Yuuki bank. I could sit here and watch it, but most of the time nothing changes.

     So, I should prep for tomorrow. Let's see, in English we have to do a skit, and it has to be relevant to Romeo and Juliet. That's one way I can speak with her, along with Game Design and Culinary class. And perhaps lunch and after school.

     But how do I court her? How do I gain her trust?

     By not being a creep and lying.

     But I have to lie, or else it won't work out.

     She's a person with feelings, I shouldn't toy with her.

     Why should I care? She is just another stranger among the crowd; She isn't family.

     Right, I come before anyone else. I need to care for myself, or else I will only be left behind in the end.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.3K 3.1K 15
"I'm sorry, Kazuto," I whispered. I will not let you fall. "Stay alive and get out of here...Kirito...Asuna..." I'm sorry. "Goodbye." I closed my...
72.6K 1.5K 32
(Y/n) (L/n) is the princess of Aincrad, one of the three ruling kingdoms. She is sent to Swilvane, accompanied by a loyal knight named Kirito, to mak...
73.2K 1K 20
After Kirito and Asuna finally escape Sword Art Online things begin to go back to normal. Well, only for Kirito. Asuna's anxiety is now nearly killin...