Hating You Sweetly

By romolavinia91

Laura hated his every move, his every breath and Chris hated Laura with every fiber in his body. So how is it... More

1. Engagement Party
Copyright
2. Morning Regrets
3. Heating Rage
5. Kiss me not
6. Swimming in Dirty Water
7. Wanting You
8. Until We Meet Again
9. Sweet Reunion
10. Forgetting Pain
11. Admitting Hate
12. It's Too Late
13. Farewell
14. Don't Go
15. Back to the Beginning
16. Under the Bus
17. Unspoken Words
18. To the Moon and Back
19. Nowhere To Go
20. Needing You Now
21. Losing the Fight
22. Waiting on the Past
23. Awestruck Answer
24. Confession
25. Our Love Story
An Update

4. Laundry Room

244K 6.2K 1.3K
By romolavinia91

I know it's short but I promise the next chapter will be much, much longer. 
_______________________________________

 Chris’ POV

I woke up with a headache and I knew I couldn’t go back to sleep. I wanted to, but once I saw the time I knew my aunt wouldn’t let me if I tried. It was already noon. Man I knew I should have slept at my grandparents’ house. They wouldn’t care what time I chose to get up.

Clark’s mom, Adelina, was just too controlling to let anyone sleep their days away. After that interesting party last night all I wanted to do was sleep so I could escape it all and not have to think about it. 

I throw the warm covers aside and got up, stretching out my sore limbs. There was a lot of popping in my bones before I opened the door and headed to the kitchen where I could smell the delicious food my aunt was already making.

She gave a warm motherly smile as soon as she saw me. “How did you sleep darling?”

I hopped onto the seat next to my little five year old cousin who was playing Mario on a PSP. “It was good. Sorry I woke up so late.”

My aunt waved her hand in the air to dismiss my comment. “You looked like you needed more sleep. You were tossing and turning when I lasted checked on you.”

Really? She still checks up on me. “Yeah, thanks.” What else was I supposed to say, ‘Creeper’?
Aunt Adelina took out a plate and poured me some soup before placing it in front of me. “Here, eat.”
I didn’t object. My stomach was growling and the smell was amazing.

She went around the counter and grabbed her keys from the hook it was on. Then she made her way to Natalie, my cousin next to me, and kissed her cheek.
“Okay baby, remember to be good when you get to Laura’s house. Don’t be a nuisance and maybe she’ll let you come over more.” 

Natalie gave her mom the most adorable smile. “Okay mom,” she paused for a moment. “What’s a noo-sin?”

“It means a troublemaker, Natie. Don’t get into trouble.” I replied instead.

“Yes like your cousin Chris,” Aunt Adelina smirked my way. She was always the playful, carefree aunt when she wanted to be. 

“No it’s more like her brother Clark.”

Aunt Adelina shook her head then pulled on her thin sweater. “Okay I have to go kids. Be good.” She was out the door in no time. I ate the soup and was thankful it was enough to stop my stomach from growling. 

Clark came down the stairs a few minutes after wearing his favorite, ‘lucky’ so he called, plaid shirt. He went straight to Natalie and picked her up off the stool before placing her down and kissing her check.

“Go get ready to leave, Natie.”

Natalie rushed off, her shinny brown curls bouncing on her way. Clark then straightened and turned to give me a deep intense glare. What was his problem today?

“Why are you giving me that look?” I got up to set the plate inside the sink.

“What you did last night was uncalled for Chris. You had no right to assault Laura like that.” His harsh voice wasn’t scaring me.

Oh really? He was defending her now. “She deserved it.”

Clark shook his head in a disbelieving fashion. “What the heck did she ever do to you man? I just don’t understand what she could possibly have done to get you to say those things in front of all her friends.”

What friends? She wasn’t a real friend. “She’s not what you think she is.”

This only seemed to anger Clark. Did he really like her that much? “Laura is a kind and thoughtful person. I don’t know what your deal is but you seriously need to check yourself.” He yelled at me.
I raised my brow. Clark hadn’t yelled at me since we were kids and I stole his toy truck.

“Right,” I said in the dullest tone I could possibly muster up.

He sighed like he was giving up. Just then Natalie and Sophia came running towards us carrying their tiny book bags.

“We’re ready Clark,” their soft voices said in unison.

Clark nodded his head.

“Where are you going?” I kinda guessed where they were going but I wanted to be sure. 

“I’m taking the girls to Laura’s. She volunteered to babysit since her own little cousins were in town.”

Aww how sweet. Little innocent Laura is lending a hand. But I guess Clark was right. I was a bit out of line even for a girl like Laura to be humiliated in front of a crowd. 

“I’ll take the girls.” I volunteered.

Clark narrowed his eyes at me. “No. I think its best you stay away from her.”

I shook my head. Why was everyone so protective and in love with her? “Look you’re right. I need to make nice since we are both walking down together in this wedding.”

I stood up and placed my hand on his shoulder. “I’ll go and apologize.”

He took in my expression and I made sure I wasn’t giving anything away. I wanted to see her. I wanted to see if she was still holding up after our little…unexpected moment.

I honestly till this minute don’t know what came over me. One minute I was despising her with every fiber in my being and I walk up to her to get a better look. She just turned around and I was taken aback. I was so confused by my anger and disgust with her but all I could see were her mocking pink lips facing me.

She was just as confused and flustered as I was. I don’t know what possessed me to crush my lips to hers but once I did I let all my anger show through it. I was rough and ruthless with the kiss and to be honest I didn’t care.

Clark shut his eyes. “Don’t make me regret this.”

I smiled in triumph.

“If I hear one word of you disrespecting her again, I will hurt you in ways you wouldn’t imagine.”

His eyes were now open staring me straight. Man, he was serious. I brushed it off before walking back upstairs to change.

“Yeah, yeah I won’t hurt her.” Much.

Laura’s POV

The girls were so excited to make wedding bride cookies. Once we finished the batter and cut out the bride shape cookies I throw them in the oven. By the time Clark’s sisters get here hopefully they will be done and the girls can ice them with whatever design they wanted.

“Laura when will the cookies be done?” Stella asked me curling her long blond hair in between her tiny fingers.

“In thirty minutes baby.”

She sighed as did her sister. They were the cutest little girls I ever did see. I had to admit they weren’t Comptons but their Brown genes were definitely just as good.

The doorbell rang. Clark must be here with the girls. I opened the door and as soon as I saw his face I almost slammed it shut again. But then I remembered the tiny bodies in front of him.

Chris’ stern look was sending chills of annoyance down my back. There were so many violent thoughts running through my mind at the moment.

“Hi Laura,” Natalie pulled me out of my killing trance.

I bent down hugged her and then her sister before ushering them in.

Chris also made a move forward but I stopped him from entering. “You can go now.”

His jaw clinched and I knew he wanted to say something really nasty. “Let me drop off they bags at least.”

I shook my head. This was a really bad idea so I reached for the bags in hopes to get rid of him faster but he only pulled away. His smirk covered his face and he went past me silently laughing, I’m sure.

Oh God Chris Compton was in my house. I wanted to scream at this point but freaking out the girls was not a good idea.

I went into the kitchen where all the little girls were now chattering about. I want to the oven and opened the door.

“The cookies will be done in a few more minutes,” I said closing it. “Why don’t you girls go outside and play till then.” The small playground in the backyard should occupy them for a while.

They all began to jump and clap before completely disappearing from my sight. Well that was quick. I swallowed the lump in my throat once the thought of Chris still being in the room hit me.

I rested my back on the counter and closed my eyes. “What do you want Chris?”

“To talk.” His voice was questioning. What was he really thinking about?

I’m sure he wasn’t here to apologize. That just wasn’t his style but before he could even explain himself the ringer for the dryer went off. Aw yes just in time. Thank God I decided to do the laundry today. I made my way to the small laundry room and I noticed he was following me.

I took another much needed breath, trying to not let his presence affect my mood. It was really hard to do given the fact that I hated his guts.

Once we reached the tiny room that only gave us a distance of two feet apart I opened the dryer door. I was about to bend down to put the clothes in a basket but then the thought of flashing my butt to Chris by bending down stopped me. Crap, why was he here? To ruin my day; well he was succeeding. 

I quickly turned around to face him. His arms were crossed and his posture was calm and collective. What was with this guy?  I seriously think he has bipolar.

His green eyes were looking at me but were showing no emotion. Damn him. I just couldn’t read him.

“Why are you here Chris? Is it to humiliate me some more? Or do you prefer to do it in front of crowds?” I could feel the fire burning back up in me especially when he didn’t respond.

“You’re an asshole you know that?” I shook my head as I thought of the events of the party. “You had no right to judge me and then insult me in front of my friends.”

He clinched his jaw; most likely to keep himself from blowing up.

I began to laugh with no humor. “And then to top it all off you kiss me.” I spoke with venom in my voice. “Was it some sick joke to you? Are you here to tell me what a bad kisser I am?”

I closed my eyes and lifted my head to the ceiling. Just listening to my pathetic messed up life was unbelievable. What was happening to me? “Oh God this is incredible. This is…”

I dropped my head and opened my eyes just in time to watch Chris close the distance between us with two strides. One of his hands cupped my face and forced my head up. Soon I felt the rough pressure of his lips and instantly closed my eyes as once again his darkness took over me. 

Again, what the hell?

I molded to his mouth and our intense violent kiss was now moving in sync. My heart sunk to the depths of hell and my brain stopped functioning. I wasn’t sure what was happening but I knew I couldn’t stop.

My hands somehow laced around his neck and pulled him closer.

I felt his hand leave my face and trace down the length of my body down to my hip; leaving a trail of burning fire from his touch.

His large hands were now at my thighs. I gulped. I had never let any guy touch me there, let alone get this close to anything. He gave me a small squeeze before lifting me off the ground and placing me onto the dryer effortlessly.

I was so out of breath at this point and I was thankful when he finally parted our lips.

“You’re not a bad kisser,” he whispered in a very husky voice through his panting.

He gave me no time to take in his words before crushing his lips once again to mine. His dangerous and hungry caress was only a result of his hatred towards me and I felt it because it was exactly what I was feeling.

He once again dug into the skin on my hip pulling me close so his torso was now right between my legs. I whimpered from the slight pain it caused but wrapped my legs around his rock body anyway.

He clawed his hand into my long hair while his teeth bit down on my top lip. Damn it was hard. I released one of my hands and ran it down his chest till I got to the hem of his shirt.

I dug my nails into the muscles on his back and savored every second. He groaned against my lips and I’m pretty sure it was mixed with a moan.

I took his bottom lip between my teeth and began to suck. This earned me a tight squeeze on my thigh and a pull of my hair. The intense pain I was going through was nothing compared to what I was feeling. I hated him yet I couldn’t find the fight or will to pull away.

I finally opened my mouth and he took back control. I moaned. How could he taste like mint, candy, and ice cream all in one? It was impossible but so intoxicating and addicting.

My lungs were quickly running out of air and I knew I had to pull away. My soft heaving combined with his own deep breathless pants. Our foreheads were touching and I could feel the warm caress of his breath on my lips.

What the hell just happened? I couldn’t wrap my head around it. How did this happen…again?

“Laura!” I heard a tiny innocent voice scream my name from outside. I forgot about the girls playing in the backyard. Honestly I forgot anything about everything.

I opened my eyes and gave Chris no time to think before pushing him aside and jumping off the dryer.  In the kitchen stood a frantic Stella; she was holding up her finger in agony.  She must have hurt herself, she was prone to accidents.

“What happened baby?”

She sniffed. “I fell from the swing.”

I lifted her up off the ground and set her tiny body on the counter to get a better look. It was barely bleeding but still needed a bandage.

I turned to the direction of the first aid kit which happened to be the spot Chris was now occupying. I let out a breath while making my way to him. I groaned as my hand grazed his arm in the process of retrieving the bandage. I could see and feel him staring at me. Ugh God just make him go away already.

I washed her wound and gently covered it with the bandage. She squirmed a little but otherwise didn’t complain.

“Thank you Laura.”

I kissed her forehead and set her down. “You’re welcome, just be careful next time.”

She nodded once before completely disappearing out of sight. I swallowed again. Damn I was alone with him again.

I turned on my heels to face him. “You need to leave.” I made sure my voice was loud, firm, and clear. 

He pushed himself off the counter and slowly made his way towards me. Each step more agonizing than the other. What was he going to do? I wanted to step back but I was already an inch from the fridge.

My heart was beating like crazy and I swear I wanted to die. I knew that from the position in the room we were at the kids would not see us.

He finally stopped a few inches away. His face was not revealing anything as he leaned in closer. His intoxicating mint breath was sending chills through my body. Damn my hormones for wanting to move closer to him. I felt his lips next to my ears. He was tilting back and forth probably to get a reaction from me but I bit my tongue.

“Gladly,” his soft yet husky voice whispered in my ear. His body warm was gone as soon as I opened my eyes.

He was smirking down at me while taking a few steps back.

“I hate you,” I said but he acted like he didn’t hear me. I watched his muscular back walk out the kitchen before sinking down against the counters.
What the hell just happened?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.7K 800 19
Michael and Liam are madly in love. Or so they think. How madly in love could you be when you've only just started talking? Liam has always been a he...
438K 15.1K 46
"He's hotter than Chris Evans" i thought in my mind. "cool ! you think I'm hotter than Chris Evans?" i heard a voice from above my head. Did i sa...
208K 7.9K 29
How can you possibly fall in love with someone that hates you? Wouldn't it make more sense to hate the person back or just outright ignore them? To...
15.1K 2.3K 48
❝ I love to hate you; because if I don't, then I will hate to love you. ❞ (PLEASE note that this was my first work and is unedited. I've greatly matu...