THORNS & VENOM | h.p.a.u

By NatasjaSilver

In which the prized Gryffindor beauty is given up to Slytherin's venomous prince. ❝Don't you know, darling? S... More

HEX
ALOHOMORA
HOGSMEADE
EPISKEY
CHARM
QUIDDITCH
JINX
AMORTENTIA
WINGARDIUM LEVIOSA
DIFFINDO
HONEYDUKES
BUTTER BEER
PUREBLOOD
DEATH EATERS
OCCLUMENCY
VERITASERUM
PENSIEVE
EXPECTO PATRONUM
ACCIO
GLACIUS
EXPELLIARMUS
MUDBLOOD
CRUCIATUS
APPARITION
COLLOPORTUS

OBLIVIATE

2.9K 129 6
By NatasjaSilver

I'm falling on my knees
Forgive me, I'm a fucking fool
I'm begging, darling, please
Absolve me of my sins, won't you?

~

SCORPIUS REGRETTED THE EARLY MORNING. It was the Christmas Eve, which meant no class for Rose and himself. He had to face the music.

So he walked out of his room, meeting her awkwardly in the bathroom as they both brushed their teeth.

Rose was gorgeous, even in the morning. Her blue eyes, however had dulled. And further inspection in the mirror proved that the dark circles under her eyes weren't the product of studying.

She had been crying- because of him and the horrors he inflicted in fifth year.

He was getting the silent treatment now.

Rose moved towards her room and while a part of him wanted to stretch out and touch her, hold her, apologize for royally fucking up the one good thing they had, even if it was only for a few days, he held himself back. Common sense suggested that Rose needed time and space before things could ever return to the way they were. But a sinking feeling in his stomach told him that wouldn't be the case.

Scorpius slithered back into his room with an obvious sulk. He needed to go out. Albus, himself, and Thea. He didn't have to get ready until four, so he had time to waste with his friends.

Changing into an emerald sweater and black jeans, he climbed down the stairwell to the Slytherin common room. As usual, Thea was up. Her newest conquest was a Hufflepuff girl with dirty blond hair and flushed cheeks who sat by her side. He didn't bother with reminding her that non-Slytherins weren't welcome. But he guessed it wasn't in his place anymore. He was no longer Head.

"Your night looked like it went good," Scorpius muttered as he took his usual seat near the fireplace.

Thea raised a pierced brow at him. "And your's didn't, I'm assuming?"

He ran a hand down his face. That seemed to be answer enough for Thea.

"I'm going to escort her back to her dorm. Go wake up Albus. And where's your Gryffindor princess?"

When he scowled, Thea laughed low. "Now I know why your night didn't go good."

As Thea went with the Hufflepuff girl, he shouldered past a few early wakers in the common room to enter the boys dorm.

Albus was knocked out, half hanging off the bed much like his cousin. Related for a reason, he thought.

He leaned down to yank the sheets from under Albus' legs. The older Slytherin groaned, turning to escape but only landing on the dark wood floors and what looked up be a scattering of Bertie Bott's every flavor beans.

Albus jerked up, startled by the cold floor. He groaned out when he saw Scorpius. "Salazar, Scorp. Let me sleep in."

"I kissed Rose." he bit out.

Albus stood up, full attention. "You did what?"

For the first time in a long time, Scorpius saw the angry side of Albus.

"You kissed my little cousin?" he snarled. "I trusted you to look out for her. I only suggested Rose because I thought you'd look after her."

"I want to." Scorpius frowned. "But there's nothing I can do. She doesn't....want to be with me. She likes Lysander."

Albus paused at the sincerity in Scorpius' eyes, then sighed heavily. "Why?"

"I told her I wouldn't tell her what happened in fifth year, when I dropped her." Scorpius swallowed.

"And what exactly was that?" Albus said cautiously.

"That's what I want to tell you. You and Thea. She should be back soon."

Albus was full on Potter mode, the easy going Weasley side of him gone as he grabbed Scorpius' arm. "Did you hurt Ronnie?"

He thought about it for a moment before choking on his own words. "Yes, yes I did."

~

They all curled up near the Astronomy tower, each claiming a pillar for their own.

"So what is it?" Albus crossed his arms.

Thea swung her legs over the edge, grabbing the pillar for support. "I have a feeling this is really bad."

He pushed off his pillar opposite of Albus and paced around before returning to his spot.

"In the summer before fifth year, Rose and I were friends with benefits." he said quietly.

Albus sucked in a breath, but didn't say anything more, obviously waiting for him to continue.

"It started the second week I was at the Weasley's. We kept it a secret because we weren't sure of where we were going with it. We didn't want to risk judgement from both of our parents. You know my father never got along with her parents back in their Hogwarts years."

"What happened to you two?" Albus asked, the softness of his tone barely hiding the underlying layer of anger.

"We- we got into a fight. It was right after your birthday party. The Scamander twins came over. She- I thought she liked Lorcan, so I lashed out at her. I was jealous. Still am. Just seeing her with other boys drives me insane. She met with me outside the party tent. She wanted to end things between us. For good. Told me I was too possessive, controlling. I panicked."

He clenched his fist, tilting his head back in hope the tears would retreat.

"What did you do?" his best friend snarled. "What did you do?!"

"Oh Merlin." Thea breathed out. "You obliviated her didn't you?"

He barely caught the whimper before it escaped. "I tried to- to wipe her memory of the argument over Lorcan, her being mad at me. But instead I wiped everything that happened in the summer between us. So she thinks that I just stopped talking to her. And after what I'd done, I couldn't bare to speak to her. My bloody karma bit me in the ass when I realized it wasn't even Lorcan she was friendly with- it was Lysander. And with our history as lovers gone, I couldn't do anything to stop it."

Things were quiet. Then Albus threw a punch. It caught his jaw, the bone definitely fractured if not broken. "That's for my Ronnie." he said, a lethal look in his eyes.

Thea pressed a hand to Albus' chest, holding him back. "Behave."

She turned to me, no judgement in her eyes. Just...disappointment. "Did you tell her?"

Scorpius shook his head. "How could I? What would I say? I'm sorry I obliviated you?"

The Slytherin quidditch player glared at him. "Yeah, for starters. And explain the situation."

Albus shoved Thea's hand off of him. "Are you serious? Are you actually helping him get with Rose?"

Thea snapped at him. "I"m trying to help him make amends with himself. Look at him, Al. He's broken over this. He's your best friend."

He looked at Scorpius in distaste. "Yeah? Well she's my family."

Albus walked off without so much as a goodbye.

Scorpius slammed his head back against the pillar. "I'm an idiot."

"Yes, you are." Thea said firmly, casting an episkey to heal his jaw. "You need to apologize, not only to Rose, but to Albus."

The morning sun climbed higher into the sun as they stood in silence.

"Okay." he agreed shakily. "I'll tell Rose."

Thea smiled. "Good. Now... how was that kiss?"

His head jerked down to look at her incredulously. "You heard?"

"Albus told me as we were climbing the stairs. Was it worth it?"

He took the first step down the stairs. "Yeah. It definitely was. The way she looked at me, like I was the only one. Merlin, I didn't even know how to breathe. It was as if things went back to normal. But then she thought of Lysander and she pushed me away. The only condition for her to be with me is for me to tell the truth. But if I do, there's no guarantee she'll stay with me."

~

The dorm was empty. He'd knocked on Rose's room, but she didn't respond. Which meant either she was still ignoring him, or that she'd already moved out.

When he tried to enter her room, a force shoved him backwards. She had put a password on her room. As expected.

He sat down on the black leather couch. What was he going to do? Telling her would ruin them. Or whatever was left of them.

But it seems he didn't have a choice. Rose flew into the dorm, her eyes sheened with the glimmer of tears. He barely had time to soak in her beauty before she exploded at him.

"DID YOU OBLIVIATE ME?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

121K 3.4K 60
PG13 with some language. (Completed April 3rd 2017) {*AMAZING COVER BY @grangxr*} Rose Weasley is outraged. How can McGonagall expect her to tutor Sc...
52.9K 1K 31
The last Potter begins her journey at Hogwarts and being to youngest and only female Potter a lot of pressure is put upon her. Although her brothers...
8.5K 356 11
Scorpius Malfoy's position as Gryffindor Quidditch captain creates a friendship no one ever thought possible. The next generation of Hogwarts student...
219K 5.4K 76
Rose Weasley has always been the top of her class. She got it from her mum, the pure determination to soak in all the information that she learned be...