Blood Oath (Ruby Rose/Ares fa...

Door Freya_38

Markers must be honored even if that means losing your life... or your heart. (Based on John Wick: Chapter 2... Meer

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-one
Twenty-two
Twenty-three
Twenty-four
Twenty-five
Twenty-six
Twenty-eight
Twenty-nine
Thirty
Thirty-one
Thirty-two
Thirty-three
Author's note. Important!!!
Thirty-four
Thirty-five
Thirty-six
Epilogue
Author's note!

Twenty-seven

3.1K 149 165
Door Freya_38

"All right Nira, here you go. Do you need something else?" A guest of the hotel walks past us right now so she's adopted a professional attitude, she seems very serious and dignified with her dark hair in a tight ponytail, wearing an impeccable and elegant black uniform with white shirt despite she's very young.

"No, thank you Angela. It's been a delicious breakfast. Best pancakes I've ever had... and thank you for the extra of whipped cream and chocolate." I whisper the last sentence winking at the waitress while I take the glass of orange juice that she's brought me.

"You're welcome... but don't tell Julius," she answers while giggling and abandoning any attempt of formality. I realize now that her beautiful golden skin is sprinkled with freckles and it makes her look like a naughty girl. "Are you coming for breakfast tomorrow too? My shift starts at 10 a.m. but I could come a little earlier to make sure that you'll have your extra dose of chocolate." Her grin is so wide that she's showing a lovely dimple on her cheek.

"That would be wonderful, thank you. You're adorable." Angela says goodbye to me with a last wink and she walks back behind the bar counter quickly so she can serve the rest of the customers.

To be honest the beautiful Italian girl saved my life this morning. When I arrived to the restaurant the place was empty since breakfast time was over and, even if Julius kitchen staff is always ready to cook you whatever you're craving instantly, the truth was that I couldn't stay there eating alone and I couldn't go back to our suite. I decide to go to the bar where, in addition to alcoholic drinks and coffee, they serve some snacks and sandwiches although I was dying for something sweet and with a high calorific value. Angela and her Neapolitan charm were waiting for me behind the counter and she was so kind to me, her smile seemed so honest, that I talked to her about my problem and she took charge of everything. She offered me a table in a corner of the bar and I sat on a comfortable burgundy velvet couch, then she went to the kitchen and ordered pancakes for me, with double whipped cream and chocolate and hazelnut cream, and also some slices of sweet orange. She poured me a perfect cup of tea with milk and cinnamon and entertained me with stories about her childhood in Naples while I was waiting for my food: she was a little rascal, I don't know how her mum managed to survive to all those pranks.

She got me not only a delicious breakfast at the best table of the bar but also her lively conversation and her funny stories managed to lighten up my mood. I couldn't stop thinking about Ares, I knew what she was going to do but I wondered how it would affect to her state of mind the fact that she was coming face to face with the man responsible for her sister's death, and what would happen when she got back to me, what should I say or if it would be right to ask her some questions about it. Maybe I should forget about the matter and focus on finding a solution for my problem with Aidan Finn... When I arrived to the bar I realized that the atmosphere here wouldn't help with my mood either, this place looks just like all the Continental bars around the world: dark and oppressive, prestigious and well-sought-after materials are barely visible due to the lack of light, this is a solemn area where agreements are concluded whispering and the leaders of the underworld feel safe from prying eyes. It's a pity because the dark green silk painted with ruby roses all over the wall is beautiful and it matches the velvet armchairs and the green marble tables, but the lamps made of gilded brass aren't giving off enough light to push the darkness so I'm unable to appreciate the silk in all its glory. The dark wood, almost black, of the floor, the bar counter and the furniture also contribute to this depressing atmosphere. This is what Italians call an 'English bar' and I understand that England is famous for its bad weather and rain but they don't live in perpetual darkness, do they?

"At least Angela was here to tell me funny stories," I think while drinking my orange juice. If it wasn't for her, I'd felt very miserable waiting for Ares to come back. I smile at the girl who's behind the counter serving a coffee to a client but a few minutes later he leaves his stool and walks out of the bar while my new friend is placing glasses on a self with her back to me. There's a couple sitting at a table on the other side of the room very focused on their conversation and ignoring what's happening around them... I frown, worried all of sudden. Maybe I should move to the hotel lobby so I can sit there where there're more people coming and going.

"Get your lazy ass out of here, Nira," my conscience blurts out and I'm going to obey it without complaining for once.

I've barely moved to get up when the one and only Aidan Finn walks through the door like he's been watching me waiting for the right moment to show up. "Fuck!" I think while taking my phone to call Winston: where's my boss when I need him? Someone clears his throat close to me and I realize that the Irish guy has sat down on an armchair next to my couch... I take a quick look around me to confirm that the couple is still sitting at their table and Angela is still behind the counter although she hasn't realized that a new customer has arrived while she keeps placing glass on the shelf. Well, at least I'm not alone and I don't think he'll try anything here... we're in the Continental after all.

"You did a good job this morning with Dragan's problem..." the red-headed whispers with a smile on his face that sends a shiver down my spine.

"Thank you," I whisper back while I look at him out of the corner of my eye and I make sure that anybody else leaves the bar at the same time. I can't stay here alone with him.

"I've never doubted your skills, you're very good at your job... that's why I chose you to find that arms dealer that had screwed my business... but you refused to do it..."

"I already explained you the reason why..."

"I know, the Company's interests always take precedence over the mob's particular interests, above all since you joined us some years ago... the problem is that you have put me in a very uncomfortable position after your refusal." Angela has finally realized that Finn is sitting by my side but, before she can come closer, he gestures at her to tell her that he doesn't want anything to drink so she smiles and goes back to her work without noticing that I'm getting tensed. Oh shit... I need to keep him busy, to force him to keep talking till Ares comes back or Winston actually bothers to show up.

"Why that deal was so important to you?"

"It was my first big deal, you know. Some sort of... test. My dad is one of the big leaders of the Irish mafia, highly respected and esteemed by everybody. He was the best during long years... unfortunately he's always thought that his only son is a good for nothing, no matter how much I've tried to change his perception... it seems that I always do everything wrong according to him and according to the rest of the mob as a consequence. They always take my dad's side and against me. I've fought for years asking for an opportunity to show him that I could be able to run the business as well as he does... and I was doing pretty good, during a couple of months I made some little deals that proved to be advantageous for our organization so my dad accepted to commission me to buy a substantial amount of weapons. Unfortunately, the arms dealer screwed us, he took our money and ran away without giving us anything so I decided to seek revenge, as was my duty... but you refused to give the information I needed. Now my dad and his friends think that I'm useless and unable to deal with a 'delicate' situation, as they call it, so they've decided to keep me away from big business... and it's your fault."

Those last words leave his mouth in a furious tone of voice and I can't help fidgeting on the couch. I knew that his father was a historic leader of his mafia and I supposed that Aidan would inherit the leadership but is he's unable to deal with crisis situations it's not my fault. We can't afford a war between arms dealers in the Middle East just because he needs to earn merits and make his dad happy.

"Do you know the worst of all? My dad could have been more understanding if the person that screwed our deal were the leader of other crime syndicate, a powerful man with money, but no... the person that has screwed me is a woman, and what's worse, younger than me... you're barely a child," he hisses with rage. I look at him shocked at first and then I frown; in fact, I'm starting to get a little upset. Apparently, my enemy is a stupid papa's boy and also a disgusting sexist.

"Sorry, I don't make the decisions, I just share my point of view with the High Table and they decide what to do. If you have a problem with that you should talk to Winston, not me," I answer harshly while I jump from the couch ready to get the hell out of here. I've barely taken two steps when Finn is standing next to me, with his arm around my shoulders in a fake friendly gesture while his other hand presses a sharp knife against my ribs. I look around scared: the couple is minding their own business and Angela is behind us so she can't see me if I try to warn her with gesture, my gun's in my suite because I just assumed that I wouldn't need it in the hotel and now... I'm pretty sure that Aidan will stab me with that knife if I scream or try to run away.

"How about we find a quieter place to talk?" my enemy asks with a wide grin on his face. His breath fanning my cheek makes me shiver of disgust.

"Are you nuts? I'm not going anywhere with you, if you're going to use that knife to kill me you'll have to do it on the Continental grounds," I answer with trembling voice. I'm putting my life at stake but this is my only option, I hope that the Irish is too scared of the consequences to try to hurt me in the hotel: I'd be dead but he'd be Excommunicado and with a furious Ares chasing him. He'll have no chance for survival. And yet he looks crazy enough to try and I feel the tip of the knife pressing harder in my side. I swallow hard and wait...

The sound of a gun's hammer being pulled back startles me. I look up to find the Assassin in front of me, breathing heavily as if she'd come running while she aims her gun at Aidan Finn's head. Her face looks deadly serious and the pupils of her eyes are blown while she clenches her jaw hard. I'm so happy to see her that tears are almost running down my cheeks but she never looks at me, she's totally focused on the Irish guy waiting for his next movement...

"Aidan let Nira go," Winston's firm voice echoes through the bar but either of them pays any attention to him, my bodyguard and my enemy remain still looking right into each other's eyes and I feel my heart beating in my throat. "Aidan, I've told you to let Nira go, now!" My boss' yell seems to wake him up of his trance.

"What about her? Why don't you scold her for pulling a gun in your sacrosanct hotel?" he asks to Julius who's standing next to the door. Ares hasn't moved from her position, her breathing has stabilized and her icy stare is focused on her objective: Aidan Finn's head. He turns slightly to look at her and grumbles with disdain. "You aren't going to shoot me."

"She's going to do it Aidan," my boss confirms. "Ares has taken a blood oath, she promised to protect Nira and you know that Markers must be honoured no matter how. She doesn't care about being declared Excommunicado after spilling your blood on the Continental grounds... she's liable to kill you if you are a threat for her protégée so please, let Nira go."

"What? Have you wasted a Marker with her?" he asks in disbelief, apparently my life has no value for him. The Assassin doesn't answer and she just places her finger on the trigger with great care when she notices that Aidan has tensed the hand that holds the knife. I can feel the Irish's resolution wavering but Ares stays firm till he finally shoves me hard against my bodyguard while stepping back, the Assassin's free arm encloses my waist holding me tight while she keeps aiming her gun at Finn that leaves the bar in a hurry, sheathing the knife on his waistband.

"I'll make sure that he leaves the hotel as soon as possible along with his men," Julius walks furiously behind him.

The Assassin stares at me, checking me out from head to toe for a second to make sure that I'm okay and then releases me before turning back to Winston, putting her gun back on her waistband holster and star signing furiously at my boss who apologizes trying to calm her down. I'm feeling slightly dizzy so I lean on the back of an armchair and take a deep breath, a hand on my shoulder startles me.

"I'm sorry, Nira," the waitress whispers. "Are you okay? Here, this will help you."

"Thank you, Angela," I answer before taking a sip of the ice water she's given me.

"I'm really sorry I didn't realize what was happening, I never thought that..." she mumbles sadly.

"Don't worry, you couldn't know it since you were working and behind us. I'm fine, I promise. Thank you," I answer handing the glass back to her while she smiles.

"All right, I'll be here tomorrow waiting for you and I'll make sure that you'll have triple dose of whipped cream and chocolate for breakfast. It's a date, okay?" She winks at me naughtily.

"I'll remember it, thank you," I answer chuckling before feeling Ares' arm around my waist all of a sudden. She literally drags me out of the bar.

We walk across the Continental lobby towards the elevators so fast that I'm barely able to see Julius and Winston arguing with Finn's minions near the entrance door, I guess that they're kicking their asses out of the hotel. The Assassin presses almost violently the button to our floor and the door closes, she keeps her arm around my waist and seems very serious, but when I'm about to ask her what has happened with Dragan, the elevator stops and three men come in. We remain in silent till we go out to the corridor and we get into our suite. Ares slams the door hard behind me scaring the hell out of me, she lets her gun drop on the bed, takes off her jacket and pulls off her tie angrily before staring at me frowning with her hands on her hips... she looks so much like the insensitive assassin from our first encounter that I feel a shiver down my spine.

"What has happened with...?" Before I can finish my question Ares takes a step forward, shoving me rudely against the door while she wraps her hand around my neck and squeezes gently to keep me leaned on the door. I suddenly realize that she's livid while she looks right into my eyes but I don't understand why. "Andreja... I promise that I did everything you ordered, I stayed in the bar and there were several people with me. It's not my fault that Adian..." She cuts me off with a furious hissing.

"¿Angela?" I frown totally confused.

"What happens with her?" My bodyguard rolls her eyes hard as I missed something that is pretty obvious to her.

"She wants you," she answers hissing again while squeezing my neck harder.

"What? No! She was being kind, she brought me my breakfast and we talked for a few minutes. That's all. No..." Ares leans her whole body on me holding me tight against the door, her free hand tangles in my hair and she forces me to tilt my head to one side while she puts her lips close to my ear, her breath fanning my skin sends a shiver down my spine.

"You are mine."

With those three simple words my core burst into flames, wetness soaking my panties, my heart rate speeds up, a single moan lets out my throat and my legs turn into jelly. Fortunately she's holding me tight because otherwise I'd collapse on the floor. 

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

70.3K 2.9K 35
πƒπ„π•πˆπ‹ π–πˆπ“π‡πˆπ| ❝I can't control myself. You need to go away, before I hurt you.❞ ...
64.9K 3K 22
How could I grow to love her? She took me from flowers to a kingdom of darkness...
Her Door ciana faven

Tienerfictie

13.4K 657 70
Phoenix LeFlore: She is alive. Her brother is dead. People are moving forward. She is standing still. He was everything. Now she has nothing. Aza A...
583 19 22
⚠️Closed/Finished⚠️ This is the story of a new avenger who falls in love with a Maximoff Witch but there are problems along the way. Will they surviv...