Good Girls Are Bad Girls That...

By chloex

Gwen Matthews is a quick-witted, feisty 17-year-old, the exact thing Kyle Reece- the son of the fourth riches... More

Chapter 1: The Man Eating Dog
Chapter 2: Never Liked Her Anyway
Chapter 3: Corny Chat Up Lines
Chapter 4: The Evil Child
Chapter 5: Dracuwoman and Gwenpee
Chapter 6: High School
Chapter 7: Game On
Chapter 8: The Encounter
Chapter 9: Go die Kyle Reece!
Chapter 10: Ice Cream Snow Balls
Chapter 11: My Evil Plan
Chapter 12: My Awesome Ninja Moves
Chapter 13: Trouble With A Capital T
Chapter 14: The Cops
Chapter 15: Chocolate Spread
Chapter 16: Let The Party Begin
Chapter 17: Heartless Bitches
Chapter 18: She Thought He Was A Stripper...
Chapter 19: Don't Get Mad...Get Even
Chapter 20: Blue.
Chapter 21: Awkward Turtle
Chapter 22: An Eventful Weekend
Chapter 23: On The Job
Chapter 24: It's a Bomb!
Chapter 25: He Did It On Purpose!
Chapter 26: Run Baby Run
Chapter 27: Who oh Who Could it be...
Chapter 28: Burn Baby Burn
Chapter 29: He Has Never Given To Charity.
Can you believe this???
Chapter 30: A Day with Gwen and Kyle...
Chapter 31: Get ready, Taylor's leaving!
Chapter 32: Depressed.
Chapter 33: Press That Button.
Chapter 34: Spiderman? What happened to Superman, Batman and Robin?
Chapter 35: Where Are We Going?
Chapter 36: It Bit Me.
Chapter 37: Snip Snip!
Chapter 38: I choose you Gweneviere! (This isn't Pokémon you know)
Chapter 39: Finding my Romeo and playing with Action Figures.
Chapter 40: Scrip's, death lists and Restaurants = my life.
Chapter 41: Ice sculpture=.........
Chapter 42: A day out with the guys.
Chapter 43: The punishment!
Chapter 44: Take a picture
Chapter 45: Playing Dress Up
Chapter 46: Gwen and Kyle Adventure In The Kitchen!
Chapter 47: it's Kyle!
Chapter 48: Bonding.
Chapter 49: Be with you and Mr. Fish
Chapter 50: Romeo and Juliet.
Chapter 52: The Hospital.
Chapter 53: Hunting for answers.
Chapter 54: To ride with a cow (beast).
Chapter 55: The Carnival (Part 1)
Chapter 56: The Carnival (Part 2)
Chapter 57: Big splashes and weird guys.
Chapter 58: Teachers and expensive houses!
Chapter 59: The mom!
Chapter 60: Heartbroken.
Chapter 61: Never get Taylor drunk.
Chapter 62: A flashback.
Chapter 63: Packing and the Christmas party- Part 1.
Chapter 64: The Party part 2!
Chapter 65: The Airport.
Chapter 66: The flight
Chapter 67: Jackson Hole.
Chapter 68: Settling in and Long, Lonely Nights.
Chapter 69: Let's ski.
Chapter 70: Bracelet's
Chapter 71: The Truth and a crazy ass bitch.
Chapter 72: A Crazy Ass Bitch.
Chapter 73: Recovery
Extra Chapters

Chapter 51: Hunting for Dale

33.7K 469 36
By chloex

This chapter is dedicated to crazychix_sid because I see she has voted for almost every chapter so thank you! Although I am a writer, I do pay attention to my fans! So thank you! All of you thank you so much.

Please comment and vote, it really does make my day!

Chapter 51: Hunting for Dale.

“So, you’re telling me that the lights fell…on their own?” I asked skeptically, looking at Taylor.

He nodded a grim expression on his face “There was no one up there, Gwen.  And there is no proof that the rope was cut.” He explained quickly a ghost of a smile on his face.

“Oh, don’t tell me,” I said throwing my hands in the air, “someone bit through the rope?” I said angrily, I was pissed. After I informed them that I had seen a shadow before the lights fell everyone put it down to the alcohol, saying that the shadow was a trick of my imagination.

You want to know why they don’t believe me? Apparently, the doors to backstage and top deck were both securely locked and no one without the caretakers consent could enter or have the key. The key had  never left the caretaker.

 You want to know what I say to that? I say what a load of skittle cakes…oh sweet Jesus, I think I just invented a new cake! Go Gwen, go Gwen, I'm going to become a millionaire! All because I put some skittles into a cake. I know a millionaire that became famous (I don’t know him) because he stuck some glue onto some paper, creating sticky notes. Whoopdy fricking doo!

Anyway, back to the serious matter at hand here.

“Let me guess? They had buck teeth and live in the sewers singing howdy cowboy?” I said the last part in my cowboy accent.

“No, I'm just saying that if there was someone up there, we would have known.” His voice was tight and I rolled my eyes.

Last night the show was canceled and everyone was sent home after the police had arrived taking statement and confirmed that it had ‘fallen’. I had only told Kyle and Taylor about the mysterious figure on the balcony, they both had stared at me a grim expression on both of their face.

“There was someone up there Taylor, I swear it!” I half shouted as I stood up and made my way over to him.

“Gwen, I am doing my best, the investigation is being carried out. And if there are no leads, I can’t go around  saying ‘oh, you look like that mysterious shadow, I'm arresting you or you have buck teeth, did you cut the rope? I'm taking you down town.’”-

I held my hands cutting him off. “Okay Taylor, I get the message.” I sighed dramatically and looked around the room as uncomfortable silence settled over us.

 “Will you call me if there is any news?” I asked looking directly at Taylor. As I grabbed the coat I had slung over the sofa.

He frowned, looking down at the coat in my arms, “Why, where are you going?” He asked, suspicion in his voice.

“Out,” I shrugged as if it was no big deal.

“Gwen.” he warned stepping closer.

I made my eyes wide, making me look innocent “What Taylor? Kyle promised me that we were going to go, going to go… bowling?” I said, not meaning for it to be a question.

“Really?” he asked, I smiled nodding my head, furiously.

“Yes, why would I lie?” I giggled nervously and scratched my head.

Sweet Jesus, I giggled. Now, he will defiantly know I'm lying.

“Okay,” he shrugged cheerfully and I frowned.

Is this guy serious? Is he blind? What is wrong with him? This town is officially doomed with Taylor running it.

“Would you look at the time, he must be at the bowling alley waiting for me!” I gushed, looking at my fake watch.

“Well, see ya!” I darted for the room.

The truth was…today I was going hunting. No, not for foxes or dears.

Gasps, THE POOR THING, WHO HUNTS FOXES AND DEERS!?  I hope they fall over there riffle and accidently shoot themselves in the foot, or worse the head.

I pulled on my converse and pulled the lace to tight; I began hopping down the porch steps, loosening the lace and almost falling on my face.

My long black trench coat that fell mid fight and flared out reminding me of a dress, I had taken it from Aunt June’s closet. It was to help keep the cold out.

Okay, I admit it, I was not wearing it to keep away the cold, I was wearing it because I thought I looked like a kick ass ninja.

I pulled the belt tight around my middle and straightened my black hat, which had cute little tassels that hung on each side of my face. To finish the look off I had dark skinnies and my black converse.

Goal 1: to look like a ninja, goal accomplished.

Goal 2: to head downtown and scout out for a suspect named, Dale.

I had today all planned in my head, Dale would come to school and I would drag him somewhere private and go Jackie Chan his ass while shouting ‘noddle soup’ and accuse him of trying to kill us all. However, he hadn’t turned up, leaving me no choice but to go look for him.

I wanted answers and I wanted them now…that line sounds pretty cool, but I can’t exactly get them now, since I'm still standing next to my car trying to loosen these bloody laces that  I have tied to tight! Ah, there we go, that’s better.

Climbing into my Aston Martin that was parked at the bottom of the drive. At night, I would scan the perimeter with my binoculars looking for anyone that was going to try to touch my car.

The ride was silent except for the hum of the engine, helping to clear my thoughts.

Someone wanted one of us dead, it may be Dale, what am I saying, it must be the bitch!

In no time, I was walking into the cinema with a spring in my step. Bright, bold poster decorated the inside and out, my eyes ran over the Spiderman poster and I turned my back on it, do you know hard that was? I fricking love Spiderman…and superman!

 I looked around at the familiar surroundings of the theatre, when I last come here; it had been with Kyle and the rest of the gang. It had also ended in me being questioned by Dale about my relationship status with Kyle. He knows something, I know he does. Everywhere I go, he is mysteriously there telling me  to do the right thing. Somebody wants Kyle or me dead, and whoever it is, I have a suspicious feeling that Dale might be our guy.

But then what? What if I found out Dale is the one that has wanted to course harm to us from day one, what do I do then? It’s not like I can go to the police and say ‘Hey, this bitch is trying to kill us, throw him in a cell and never let him out.’ No way can I do that, I need proof and I need it fast.

Hold up, I froze in my tracks, Dales smart, more than smart he knows how to get around the police and he knows how to do things secretly. Like delivering a spiked bottle of water to my dressing room, he's  smart and he knows what he's  doing (unlike me, I have no clue what the hell I am doing).

Frowning, I realized I had stopped dead in the middle of the theater. Ignoring the funny looks, I was receiving from the boy behind the counter who was unfortunately, not Dale. Walking over to it. I  Leaned  against the counter and tried to keep my eyes away from the chocolate that was hanging on the wall. Man, I really wanted some right now.

I smiled and the man who looked a few years older than me, he smiled back making eyes winden, half of his teeth where missing!

Whoa, it was like looking into a black hole! Trying not look at the gaps in his teeth and ignoring the picture of Shrek in my mind, I smiled.

“Hi, my name is Gwen and I'm looking for a boy who works here, his name named is Dale.” I asked trying to peep around him, hoping that he would unexpectedly materialize out of thin air. 

It could happen.

“I'm John not Dale.” He spoke, making me sigh.

“Have you seen Dale?” I asked more firmly.

“Dale?” when he spoke I recognized a strong cockney accent. I nodded, “The’ Little lad?” he said again.

What is this dude on? He’s like two years older than us and I wouldn’t class Dale as little, he’s more on the tall, dark and scary side.

“Yeah.” I said before he went into description.

“Dark ‘air and likes to flirt with the girls?” I nodded, again. “Yeah, He ain’t ‘ere.”

You don’t say.

I place my hand against the counter and let out a long sigh “Well, do ya know where ‘e is?” I asked attempting his accent.

“Yo mocking me?” he asked folding his arms across his chest.

I tried to hide the smile and when I spoke, I couldn’t help but say it in his accent, “No,”

“I no stupid, I know if someon’ tryin’ to make fun of me.” He took a step closer to the counter and I tried not to roll my eyes and shout ‘yes fool!’.

“Look, do you know where Dale is?” I asked.

“Who?”

“Sweet baby Jesus, the other boy who works here!” I shouted, smacking my hand down on the counter and winched in pain. Ouch, that killed like a bitch!

“Oh, why’d ya want Dale for?” he asked and my hand itched to slap him. I didn’t have time for this.

I thought for a moment before answering, “He's my biology partner and he has my notes, if I don’t get them back by tonight I will fail and do you know what will happen Mr. Cock?” I asked.

He shook his head, missing the part I had just called him Mr. Cock.

“I will die!” I shouted making him jump.

“You’ll die?” he asked looking at me seriously, his eyebrow twitching.

“Yep, now do you know where he is?”

“I do.”

“Great!” I said throwing my hands in the air, when he didn’t answer I frowned, “Where is he?”

“Ya do somethn’ amusin’ and I will tell ya.” He shrugged, leaning against the counter with his arms

“Something amusing?” I repeated, giving him one of my full on glares.

Why does everyone want something?!

“Yea’ there’s no fun around ‘ere, do somethin’ fun.”  He shrugged casually as if he did this to ever person who came in here.

“What the hell is there to do…” my voice faded as I thought of a cool idea.

“You have the key to back stage?” I asked and smiled when he nodded.

“Pass me the popcorn bucket.” I motioned with my hand to the popcorn bucket and smiled creepily, when he passed it to me . 

I let out a long breath and placed the popcorn bucket over my head, I looked down seeing my converse and a part of the floor. At least I would be able to see if I was going to fall off the stage.

“What film is this?” I whispered as he turned to the key in the lock. I could hear the loud booming of music that sounded like a fighting scene.

Oh, this is going to be epic!

“Spiderman, ‘ere ya go.” My head vibrated as John patted the top of the bucket.

“Ouch, what the fuck was that for?” I hissed angrily.

“Just checking you alive.”

“Checking I'm alive?” I hissed angrily, “If I was dead don’t you think I would be lying on the floor.” I questioned.

“Ya could be a zombie.” I could mentally feel him shrugging.

“Are you being serious right now, how old are you?” I questioned while pulling the bucket up.  Not leaving him room to answer, I continued. “Straight after this you better tell me where Dale is.” I pointed a warning figure at him.

“Yes. I will.” He said and pushed me through the door and onto the stage. I was in the darkness and if I walked forward I would be blinded by the light of the projector.  Sound suddenly boomed from the speakers making me jump. If I made my way into the light, everyone would be able to see a girl with a popcorn bucket on her head.

Taking a deep breath, I walked into the light and stopped when I was shore I was in the middle. Staying with my side turned to the crowd I did the best thing ever.

I…did the…running man!

There was a load of ‘what the hells’ and ‘who is that?’ and so on, but at least no one came up and rugby tackled me.

And then, I did the unthinkable, I raise my wrist and pretended that webs where shoot out from them. I directed it at the crowd, some cheered and some told me to get off. After giggling and doing some Spiderman skills I ran off towards the door, placing both hands on it, it swung back almost hitting John in the face.

“That was amazin’.” he shouted.

I laughed my butt of as he locked the door behind him the keys jingling loudly. I pulled the bucket of my head and blinked as my eyes adjusted to the light.

“Will you tell where I can find Dale now?” I asked following him back to the main entrance, he didn’t speak and the thought of drop kicking him crossed my mind.

Once he disappeared behind another door, I made my way to the counter and leant against it, impatient.

 He was back in a matter of seconds and I stared at him waiting to answer me, when he didn’t I raised an eyebrow.

“Dale?” I questioned.

He smiled “I don’t actually know where Dale is.” He said.

My mouth dropped open and I slammed my fist on the counter “What do you mean you don’t know where he is.” I hissed sharply.

“Well, ‘e said I had to cover for ‘im while ‘e went to the hospital.” I frowned.

“The hospital?” why would Dale go to the hospital, I don’t remember any rumor of Dale being hurt (my foot hadn’t met his face, yet) or anyone in his family.

“Yep.” He popped the p, spitting spit at me.

I whipped it away dramatically while making a disgusted face.

“Do you know why?” I asked, as he opened his mouth to speak I moved back not wanting to have another shower.

He frowned deep in thought, “Said somethin’ ‘bout Aaron.” He said making me freeze.

Why the hell would Dale go visit Aaron? Well kiss my cheek and slap my ass goodbye they were totally working together!

How could I have been so blind? Everywhere I turn, the more it seems to add up. Dale and Aaron working together and when Aaron fell into a coma, Dale must have taken over.

Booming laughter echoed around the halls as people spilled out of the finished movie.  I froze, I knew that laughter anywhere, it belonged to Kyle. I looked around frantically for somewhere to hide.

Seeing the popcorn bucket, I place it over my head and pretended to look like a lampshade.

“Gwen?” John asked.

I flapped my hands around frantically, “Don’t say my name whatever you do, don’t say anything, say I'm a regular customer if anyone asks. Got it?”

“Okay.” He said and I sighed.

“Hey, it’s the running man!” someone shouted, I recognized it as Leon’s voice and I knew without seeing him he would be pointing at me.

“Dude, get some glasses it’s a woman.” I recognized Danny’s voice.

Tonight all the so-called ‘gods’ had gone for a night out. I was offered to come along but had declined since I have a ninja job to do.

“It can’t be!” Leon muttered.

“She looks like she has no boobs.” Ryan muttered and my mouth fell open. Oh no they didn't.

I thought about moving like a zombie and tackling them, the idea soon was whipped from my mind when I realized I couldn’t  tell them why I was mysteriously here looking for a person who I though was a killer. Therefore, I stayed still, unmoving.

“Hey Leon, I dare you to have a feel.”  My mouth dropped further and I was about to throw the bucket at them.

“No that would be violating of someone…okay!” he said cheerfully.

I could hear footsteps and was about to bitch slap him when Kyle spoke up “Hey, Leon, I don’t think you should do that.” I smiled and was about to jump in TO Kyle arm’s until Leon’s spoke back.

“Why, she not moving or protesting. Just a feel.”

“Touch me and Santa clause will not bring you any Christmas presents.” I said, there was silence as I spoke in the manliest voice I could muster.

Pretty good, if I do say so myself.

Wait? Did I say Santa clause?

“Huh, Christmas presents?” Leon echoed.

“Luke, I am your father.” I spoke the famous words from star wars.

“Uh…the names Leon.”  He stuttered.

“Luke, you are a naughty boy, coal in your stockings for Christmas and if you’re lucky I will give you the red thongs you have written on your Christmas list since you was 11.” I chuckled to myself at my own little joke.

“Who the hell is this joker?” Leon asked, annoyance pulling at his words.

I smirked; glad I had pissed him off.

 “I am someone you should all be afraid of, listen Luke your life is in grave danger I suggest you go home and pray…”-

“Pray?” he echoed again, is this boy a parrot?

“Pray, for the heavens to forgive your sins and if you wish really hard,” I whispered the last part “Santa will make you into the girl you’ve always wanted to be.”

There was laughter as everyone chuckled around us.

“You…you..”

“Swear words won’t help in this situation thong boy. Praying to Santa will. Oh, and also be especially be very kind to a certain girl that is in one of your best friends life, she very special and should be treated like a god. “

“Huh.”

“Well, goodbye my son.” I turned to the direction of the door giggling.

“Goodbye John.” I muttered louder for him to here. Heading for the door with my arms outstretched I sent them to the sides hopping to feel the poster on the wall. I walked forward and there was a loud smack as my head made connection with the glass. There was a chorus of ‘oohs’ and ‘ahhs’ as I back peddled. Hissing through my teeth, I straightened and pushed the door open.

“May the force be with you.” I muttered and they burst out laughing.

I walked blindly to around the corner and pulled the popcorn bucket and threw it to the ground in frustration.

Bloody thing.

I held onto the wall for support and began to massage my damaged head. That motherfucker hurt!

I noticed a drink vending machine on the opposite side of my car and smiled. Damn, how I could do with some caffeine right now.

I smiled making my way over to the coca cola machine. I dug around in my back pocket and pulled out a dollar, placing it in, I watched as the can made the death drop, landing with a loud crash.

I tapped the top and the bottom and pulled the cap, it opened with a loud hiss. Turning around I made my way back to the car and stopped bead in my tracks almost dropping my drink. Kyle was leaning back against my car his flannel shirt blowing in the cold breeze. His hair blew back away from his face and I watched as he flicked his head to the side, removing any strands that fell in front of his eyes. His hands shoved deep into his pocket and as I made my way towards him, my breath caught in my throat and I froze.

Quick, someone get this model some sand, some sea and a camera!

As soon as I was close enough to see every detail of his face, he looked up under his lashes at me, sending my heart into a frenzy of beats. 

Goal number three: Don’t get caught by Kyle or friends, mission fail.

“Mind telling me while you’re at the cinema looking for Dale?” he asked and I pouted.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 46K 43
*NOT A FANFIC* Abigail Simmons and her twin brother, Tony, moves schools for their last year. Why? Well, let's just say one of them got kicked out o...
14.5M 279K 39
"He's a bad boy. He's bad news" Abigail Antonias was warned as soon as she entered her fourth high school that a particular boy named Nathaniel Reece...
337K 11.6K 56
| NOT YOUR AVERAGE CLICHE | - COMPLETED (It's basically a cliche with a little twist) He was just another typical Badboy. But with a little twi...
178K 5.7K 27
Teenage Girl who Starts Her First day of School,as a Junior at Los Angeles High School. She has a Best Friend Whoms Name is Jacob,Jacob Fall. Theres...