keeper [rick flag]

By -bvcky

When sisters and archeologists June and Ryland Moone wander into the wrong cave, they don't expect to be pos... More

Cast and Characters
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Epilogue
Sequel and Others
Bonus !!! 7k reads!

Chapter 13

7.7K 168 10
By -bvcky

Sooo this is Rylands outfit!!

Also! Were so close to 800 reads! I know it may seem little but I just wanted to tell you I count have done this without you!!! 

PS. I have this awesome song stuck in my head and I would really like to recommend it to you, it's called: Snowman - Sia  

Also I am so sorry for not updating earlier, but to make up for it, here is a 2500+ word chapter!! 

Also fun fact, but if you say 'Rise Up Lights' in an american accent, it actually sounds like you're saying 'Razor Blades' in an Australian accent. 

______________________

Ryland walks slowly, avoiding the pieces of concrete and metal that are littered on the road. the cold wind blows her hair softly backwards, making her shiver. Her heels clock against the pavement, making the others know that she is still alive. 

She trails behind the rest of the team, taking her time. 

She doesn't want to talk to anyone, and she doesn't want anybody to talk to her.

What had happened a few minutes ago wasn't normal. It was something she had never experienced before, and it sure as hell was something she never wanted to happen again. 

Ryland keeps on walking - a little bit faster now-  focusing on the cracks in the pavement, and counting the steps she is taking. Anything to keep her mind of herself. 

Besides her, the rest of Task-Force X walks, and Rick and his soldiers walk in front of them, guarding the rest of the way.

As much as Ryland wants to tell Rick about what happened, she knows it would only be a distraction from the problem that they are currently facing, and it would only put their lives even more in danger.

Everyone stops walking, which makes Ryland look up from the floor.

Rick is staring at the entrance of the building, watching intently, while the others just stand there, waiting for instruction.

Ryland stares at the building in front of her, taking a deep breath.

The tall structure over towers her, and the yellow hull it is emitting is only making her even more nervous.

She swallows nervously, and continues to stare at the building, not noticing how everyone else is in a defensive position.

The inside of the building is desert, the white bright lights illuminating what might have been an occupied front desk and lobby, but is now is just a pile of computers and scattered papers as well as broken windows. 

"Waller?" She hears Rick question into his radio. At the sound of his voice, Ryland starts walking forward, not wanting to be too far away from him, or anyone for that matter.

"We're about to enter the building. Get that chopper ready" He says, his southern accent showing off in his voice.

Ryland stares around the empty street, keeping out an eye for any hostile forces, but when she sees nothing, she turns her attention back at Rick and the building.

Breathing out a sigh of frustration, she walks even closer to where they are all standing, stopping besides Chato.

Neither of them make a motion to start a conversation, and they are both grateful for that.

Besides her, Deadshot starts walking forward, passing all the other soldiers and stopping briefly besides Rick.

" What do you say we get this over with?" He asks, leaning towards Rick, who is kneeled down behind a concrete slab, looking into the building with his gun pointed forward.

The rest of the team watch as he stands up right and walks towards the doors.

"What the hell?! Deadshot!" Rick whisper shouts at him, trying to get him to turn back.

Rylands eyes widen as Deadshot grabs a door handle and pulls it, which causes the entire glass door to break into pieces and shatter to the ground loudly.

"Fallback" Rick tells the other soldiers to keep them from shooting at Deadshot.

He looks briefly at Ryland to make sure she is okay, and nods at him back. He stares at her for a mere second, before  he turns back and stands up in a hurry pointing his gun in front of him, and rushing to catch up with Floyd.

Ryland watches as the both of them lead the soldiers, and Ryland stares at Rick's back for a moment, wondering how it was that she had ended up here in the first place. If she hadn't been an idiot and opened the sculptures, she could be with June, exploring an unknown cave in who knows where with who knows who. 

But then again, she wouldn't be with Rick. She wouldn't even know him. 

And for him, she would take hell and fire. 

Her thoughts are interrupted as Chato touches her shoulder. She shakes off her thoughts and turns to look at him.

Chato only points at the building doors before he starts walking towards them. 

Ryland rushes forward, walking past most of the soldiers, and standing a few feet away from Rick.

The team walks down the open hallway, staring at the well-lit building around them, their eyesight aimed on the main desk that lies in front of them. 

Rylands heels echo loudly against the eerie silence,  making the whole situation a bit more frightening.

Rick looks behind him at Ryland for a moment, and when he sees that she is okay and behind him, he turns back to continue his conversation with Deadshot.

Both of them step into the desk, watching the black and white security footage in the computers. 

Ryland can't help but peek over the desk, wanting to know what they were so keen on watching.

But when she looks at the computers, she is amazed to see nothing. All the cameras are dead still, holding no movement. 

"Hey!" Captain Boomerang exclaims besides her. She turns to look at him "Looks like we have ,luck aye?" He asks, looking around him.

"Like a walk in the park. Easy peicy" He finishes, his Australian accent showing off in his voice.

Deadshot looks at Captain Boomerang, raising his eyebrows.

"Don't make me shoot you" He tells him with warning, which causes Ryland to snicker.

They all walk towards the stair way to the side of the front desk,  keeping a look out on the enemies.

Ryland looks up when she hears a ding sound, as does everyone that is on the ground.

Ryland's face turns into a smile of disbelief.

"I can't believe it" She mutters under breath as she chuckles. 

Harley stands there, bat swung loosely over her shoulder, and a maniac smile on her face. She waves happily at them.

The only problem? She is inside the elevator.

"Dammit! Harley!" Deadshot whisper shouts at her. He shakes his head before starting to run towards the stairs.

"Go! Go! Go! Go!" The other soldiers shout, all of them running behind Rick and Deadshot.

Ryland trails behind them, not wanting to be left behind.

"What's going on?" Ryland asks out breath when she reaches the floor. She clutches the side of her ribcage, panting for breath. 

The soldiers might have been trained to climb a skyscraper, but she was an average girl who did little exercise. 

The team ignores her, watching the elevator doors, waiting to attack as the doors ding open, revealing Harley, as happy as ever.

"Hi Guys!" She exclaims happily, stepping off the elevator, revealing two dead alien bodies left on the elevator behind her.

Everyone watches in silence as Harley walks past them. She stops walking and turns around to face the team.

"C'mon! Let's go!" She says, motioning for her to join her as she turns around and continues walking.

Rick looks at Ryland, who now has a smirk on her face. He gives her a glare, and she chuckles, shaking her head before motioning for Rick to join her as she trails behind Harley.

Rick doesn't move for a second, watching as Ryland walks away.

Beside him, Deadshot whistles quietly.

"Dang she's hot" He says under his breath.

Rick looks at him slowly, and gives him a scowl.

"Careful there. You might not like where you're going" He says in a deep tone before walking ahead, and joining Ryland, who is waiting at the edge of the stairs for him.

The rest of the soldiers keep their guard up as they exit the stairs and into another floor.

Rick holds his gun out, walking ahead of Ryland and with the other soldiers.

They walk through empty desks, stepping on piles of paper and broken glass.

Rick stops walking, which makes everyone halt to a stop as well.

"I don't like this, Flag" Deadshot mutters, now besides him, as he looks around the empty floor, holding his gun in front of him.

Ryland takes in a shaky breath, noticing the errie quietness in the room.

"I don't like it either" Rick responds, looking around.

Deadshot then lowers his gun, and Ryland watches as he puts his white mask on.

"Pussy!" Harley calls out to him, her bat swung over her shoulders.

"I will knock your ass out. I do not care that you're a girl" Deadshot says warningly, turning to look at her and turning on his eye piece.

Ryland smiles briefly at his comment, but it quickly fades as she sees KC growl and look at the roof in a defensive way.

There is  strange gurgling sound before the ceiling breaks into a thousand peices, about a dozen aliens dropping into the floor.

Ryland screams and covers her head with her arms, crouching down and crawling, taking cover under one of the desks.

She heaves for breath and looks across from her, where Harley is shooting creatures left and right. 

"Harley!" Ryland screams over the sounds of guns and bullets,  as one of the creatures lunges for Harley behind her back.  

Harley turns around and shoots it in the head with her gun, causing it to explode into a million pieces, and for it's limp body to be dropped into the ground.

One of the creatures grabs Rylands ponytail, dragging her through the files of desks, out of people's views. 

She struggles against it, hitting its arm repeatedly, but it does no good.

She spots Rick, shooting creatures left and right, a glare o his face. 

"Rick!" She yells hoarsley at him, trying to gain his attention.

Rick looks her direction for a mere second, his eyes scanning her briefly, and then turns to shoot another person. Then he stops shooting and turns back quickly when he realises that it is Ryland that is being dragged through the floor.

"Ryland!" He exclaims. He starts to run towards her, but a creature grabs him by the foot, making him fall into the ground. The creatures then pick him up, holding him back as he struggles to get to her.

"let me go! Son of a Bitch" He grumbles, pushing them and straining against them, but it does no good. the creatures drag him away, until he is further away from Ryland. 

The creature that is holding Ryland picks her up roughly, and Ryland whimpers in pain, closing her eyes as the creature puts a knife to her neck. 

It then starts pushing her forward, following the aliens that are holding Rick. 

"They're after Flag and Moone again!" Deadshot yells over the sound of the bullets from the other corner of the room as he shoots multiple aliens, trying to warn the rest of the team.

Harley runs towards Ryland, screaming and swinging her bat at the creature, and breaking off its head.

Ryland screams at the impact of the bat into the alien, raising her hands in front of her face to cover herself, which leaves her hands full of alien blood. 

Harley grabs her by the arm, dragging her to where Rick and the others are.

Ryland is thrown into the middle, where Rick is also in.

"Circle Up! Circle around them!" Deashot shouts as the rest of the team closes in around both Ryland and Rick.

Rick clutches Ryland, holding her close. Ryland doesn't say anything, but rather buries her head into the nook of his neck, trying to forget what they are going through. 

"You alright?" he asks under his breath. Ryland nods, taking in a deep breath and pulling back

"Yeah. I'm fine. Might be a little sore tomorrow though" She whispers, feeling her head ache where the creature had pulled her hair.

"Thought i'd lost you for a second there" He says under his breath, looking towards the outside of the circle, pointing his gun at the other creatures surrounding them.

Ryland smiles and shakes her head.

"You can't get rid of me that easily"

Rick smiles at her words, and then points his gun ahead of him.

"Let me fight! I can do it! You protect Ryland" Rick tells the team, trying to get their attention. 

Deadshot shakes his head as he shoots and then reloads his gun.

"You die, we die!"

The remaining soldiers eliminate the rest of the creatures, and when they're all dead, the circle opens up, letting both of them go.

Rick steps forward, taking command once again. 

"Clear! Everyone move out!" He yells at them, putting his gun upward and walking towards the doorway in a hurry.

Everyone trails quickly after him, their guns held high.

Katana walks besides Ryland, keeping out an eye for any more dangers.

They walk into the balcony of the building, scouting out for enemies. 

 There's a moment of silence, and then glass breaks, and they are immediately rained down with bullets, all aimed at them.

Katana pushes Ryland down into the floor, where she lays down, her eyes closed. Glass sprays over her, cutting her cheek. 

Besides her, she hears Deadshot taunting Chato, pushing him into the wall.

"Do something!" He yells  at Chato, touching his tapping his head tauntingly. Chato pushes him back, clearly getting angry.

"Don't touch me!" He yells back hoarsley. 

"Do something!" Deadshot continues to taunt.

"You wanna see something?!" Chato finally answers, pushing him back.

"Yeah I wanna see somethn!" Deadshot responds, nodding. 

"You wanna see something?!" Chato shouts, even louder.

"Yes I wanna see somethn!!" Deadshot shouts back. 

Chato pushes Deadshot out of the way, clearing his way. 

His hands spit a laser of fire, and he spreads it out around the building, killing all the creatures that were shooting at them.

Ryland covers her face with her hands, trying to block out the heat. 

Chato finally pulls back, the fire in his hands disapearing. 

Ryland peeks over her hand, looking at the blazing building.

Then she turns to look at Chato, who is looking at Deadshot. 

"I was just tryna get you there" Deadshot replies, holding out a hand. 

Chato just stares at him, panting for breath. 

"We good right?" Deadshot finally asks, but Chato doesn't get to respond, because Harely embraces him in a hug. She kisses his cheek, giggling and smiling. 

"i knew you'd come through!" She tell him with a smile before pulling away. 

Ryland stands up, leaning against the wall. She heaves out a breath and tightens her ponytail. Then she walks towards Chato. 

"Remind me to never make you angry" She mutters under her breath, patting his shoulder and walking past him. 

Rick walks forward, watching as Ryland dusts herself off, and removes her coat, revealing a white shirt, and striped pants. 

She drops the now dirty coat on the floor, not even bothering to pick it up or put it somewhere else, and walks towards Rick, not giving a damn about what the others are thinking about her. 

She's tired. It's nighttime. The only thing she wants to do is rescue her sister and go home with Rick and June. 

She halts to a stop at the thought of her sister. 

Her sister, who is probably living a nightmare, all because of her. 

June. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101K 2.3K 17
[UNDER HEAVY EDITING] "That's what heroes do right?" Elara says, sitting down slowly next to Rick who has his head in his hands, "They make sacrifice...
138K 2.6K 16
PREVIOUSLY KNOW AS TEMPT #1 in Amandawaller 1/09/19 "They call her the Tribrid but that's not all, look into her eyes and you will be lost, her beaut...
744K 19.5K 19
❝You aren't ugly Shi. You're beautiful inside and out.❞ ❝I'm a living disaster that's waiting to be unleashed.❞ ❝Yeah. But you're our beautiful disas...
60.9K 1.5K 55
i looked at him as a friend until i realized i loved him -#98 Daryl Dixon (2/14/24) -#35 Daryl Dixon Fanfiction (1/9/24) -#106 The Walking Dead (4/28...