A Slave to Love

由 TheRealBrokenStrings

All Kiana wanted was a night out to forget about her cheating ex boyfriend. Instead, she ended up getting sha... 更多

Chapter 1: Dead End
Chapter 2: Sitting in a Room Made Up of Only Big White Walls...
Chapter 3: Sinbad and Robin
Chapter 4: Waking Up
Chapter 5: My Spidey Senses are Tingling
Chapter 6: Sinbad and Robin Reunited
Chapter 7: Unless...
Chapter 8: Rubber Ducky
Chapter 9: Crazy Cat Lady
Chapter 10: No Such Thing
Chapter 11: Fractured
Chapter 12: Skipping Stones
Chapter 13: Despicable
Chapter 14: Drama
Chapter 15: Movie Dates
Chapter 16: Fairy Godmother
Chapter 17: Bite Marks
Chapter 18: Late Night Dates
Chapter 19: Best Three out of Five
Chapter 20: Unexciting
Chapter 21: Third Date Rule
Chapter 22: Picnic
Chapter 23: Wet
Chapter 24: New Side
Chapter 25: Taking it Easy
Chapter 26: Bite Me
Chapter 27: Guilt
Chapter 28: Long Time No See
Chapter 29: Tease
Chapter 30: Bad Boys, Bad Boys
Chapter 31: Brawny Idiot
Chapter 32: Pervert
Chapter 33: Numb
Chapter 34: Arrangements
Chapter 35: Eight Legged Friend
Chapter 36: Slave For You
Chapter 37: Chicken Fight
Chapter 38: Stitches
Chapter 39: Blood and Chocolate
Chapter 40: Old Rival
Chapter 41: Babysitter
Chapter 42: Be My Girlfriend, Be My Girlfriend
Chapter 43: Emotional
Chapter 44: Lexi
Chapter 45: The Ball
Chapter 46: Blame
Chapter 47: Provoked
Chapter 48: Trial
Chapter 49: First Snow
Chapter 50: Wicked Witch
Chapter 51: Exile
Chapter 52: Snowfall
Chapter 53: Not About Trust
Chapter 54: Plan
Chapter 55: Something in the Family
Chapter 56: Separation
Chapter 57: Memories
Chapter 58: Eliza
Chapter 59: Deserve
Chapter 60: Going Home
Chapter 61: Welcome
Chapter 62: Hot Chocolate
Chapter 63: Merry Christmas
Chapter 65: Be Gay Together
Chapter 66: Invited
Chapter 67: Derailed
Chapter 68: Pertinent
Chapter 69: Take Care
Chapter 70: Unconditional Love
Chapter 71: Ready or Not
Chapter 72: Promise
Chapter 73: Forever

Chapter 64: The Room

17.6K 470 60
由 TheRealBrokenStrings

"Wake up, sleepyhead," a voice sang in my ear. I groaned, pressing my face back against his neck. "Come on. It's almost time for breakfast and you need to eat."

My stomach growled, proving his point. "But I'm so comfortable. Do I have too?"

"Even your stomach is saying it needs food. So get up, get dressed and go downstairs," he slid his hand down my back, "And you best do it soon, because frankly this position is kind of killing me here."

I cracked my eyes open groggily, looking back down at us. Somehow during the night I'd hooked a leg over him, so I was basically lying on top of him, legs spread wide.

"Oh my gosh! Sorry!" I said hastily, rolling off of him. I clutched the sheets to my chest, feeling awkward and embarassed. He relaxed slightly, passing a hand over his face for a moment before he sat up.

"Let's get dressed," he said, and I all too eagerly agreed. Once we were both appropriately clothed, we headed downstairs for breakfast.

"So uh...how was the party?" I asked, sitting down at the counter.

"Oh it was fun," mom said, yawning big before she smiled at me. "It ran pretty late, but we had a blast."

"And a few too many drinks," Peter added, nudging my mom.

She waved a hand at him, "Oh come on. It's a party, I think I'm allowed to drink once in a while. So how was your night?" she turned to me, looking me over as if by looking at me she could find out what happened last night.

"Pretty good too. We played in the snow for a bit and just relaxed," Blade said easily, hand resting comfortingly on my leg.

My mom looked vaguely disappointed, which made me blush. How sad is it that even your mom is disappointed that you didn't have sex with your boyfriend? Even if it was because he was trying to be sweet...but it wasn't like my mom knew that, or was ever going to know that.

"So whose hot chocolate did I find in the living room this morning?" Peter asked, scrambling eggs on the breakfast grill.

"Oh, that was mine. Blade made me a cup since I was frozen. But then I took a hot shower and sort of forgot about it, and then I went to bed," I said, skillfully avoiding all the bits in between.

The doorbell rang and my mom went to go answer it, before she came back a second later. "It's for you," she said to me.

I frowned and went to the door, wondering who it was.

Kyle standing on my doorstep.

"Yes?" I asked politely. I was still a bit mad at him, but he was also my best friend, so I couldn't just ignore him.

"Hey Kiana," he said, smiling weakly. He kicked at a bit of snow on the ground, looking awkward. "Can I...can I talk to you? Outside?"

I chewed my lip thoughtfully. We needed to talk about that kiss and he had made the effort to try to talk to me. I nodded and stepped outside, wrapping my arms around myself. It wasn't too cold, it was pretty nice actually. The sun was out and that kept me pretty warm. It only got nippy when the wind blew.

"So about the other day..." he started before he sighed. "Okay look, I'm an idiot. I was way out of line with kissing you and assuming you'd be single after all this time. I mean, jeez. Look at you. You're an amazing girl, any guy would be lucky to have you. I just hoped that maybe...I don't know.

"But you were right. I should be happy for you. And I am happy that you found someone. I had just really hoped that someday that someone would have been me. I'm not exactly jumping for joy, but if he makes you happy then I guess he's alright," he added, grumbling a little towards the end.

I cracked a smile. "Thanks Kyle. So you're not mad at me?"

"I have no right to be mad at you. You didn't do anything wrong, you were living. I can't exactly make you stop living just for me to get up the courage to ask you out," he grimaced. "But you could have told me. Or at least kept in contact while you were at school. An e-mail or two would have sufficed."

"Sorry Kyle. Things have just been really...hectic." I ran a hand over my arm thoughtfully, "A lot of things have happened the past few months and sometimes it's really hard to just sit down, relax and be normal for once."

"Normal?" he echoed, a small frown touching his face. "What do you mean?"

"I mean things have been kind of..." I tried to find a word to describe my situation without telling him what it was about. "Different."

"Different how?"

I tossed him a look, "Let's just say, if I told you you'd never believe me."

"Try me," he grinned.

"I rather not," I said quickly, "You know I should probably be going..."

"Kiana wait."

I paused, hand stretched toward the door while I waited.

"I'm just curious but...how are you?" he asked, eyes searching my face.

"I'm fine?" I raised an eyebrow.

"I mean after summer vacation. Did you ever remember what happened that week?" he asked, concern in his eyes.

"Oh. Um...no. I never did," I lied, crossing my fingers behind my back. "But I'm over it now. It was a long time ago."

"Do you still have your tattoo?"

"Yeah. Where are you going with this?" I asked suspiciously.

"I'm just asking. Nothing wrong with that. But you have to go so I should probably leave too," he said, waving before he turned and started walking down the path through the lawn. He stopped abruptly and turned around. "Does that guy really make you happy?"

I thought about last night and smiled. "Yeah, he really does."

His face fell as he turned and started to get into his car.

"Kyle?" I called, jogging after him. I gave him a tight hug. "I still love you. Okay?"

"Just not in the way I thought," he finished. "I'll take what I can get."

I pulled away to look him in the eyes. "So we're good?"

"I guess so," he said uncertainly. "Just don't...put too much faith in him. Nothing lasts forever, Kiana. Keep that in mind."

He stared at me for a moment before he shook his head, got into his car, and took off down the street. I watched him go before I went back inside.

I wasn't stupid. I knew nothing lasted forever, anything could break us up. It wasn't our relationship ending that had me worried; it was just losing him entirely. Whether it be because our bond was broken or because he died...to never be able to feel him or see him would be what does me in.

I loved him. But if he ever left, while it would hurt, I couldn't be too mad if he was happy somewhere else.

A plate of scrambled eggs was placed in front of me, shocking me out of my thoughts. I noticed that everyone was staring at me, waiting for me to say something.

"So...what happened?" Mom finally cracked.

"He apologized. I forgave him. He's not happy, but we're still friends," I said slowly, pushing my eggs around on my plate.

"And...?" she encouraged, knowing I wasn't saying anything.

"And nothing. That's it," I said, smiling. "Stop worrying. Everything's fine."

She didn't look like she believed me, but I didn't need her too. I ate my scrambled eggs slowly, realizing I had more of an appetite than I had had before I came here. After a while she dropped the subject, and decided just to go take a shower and a Tylenol for her slight hangover.

"So you guys behaved last night?" Peter asked sceptically. "I'm not going to get mad or anything, you are teenagers after all."

"We behaved," I said, arms folded on the counter with my cheek on my arms. Blade wrapped an arm around me, his hand resting on my side under my shirt.

He scrutinized us for a moment before he nodded and set about cleaning the kitchen, deciding we must have been honest. We got up to help before we went upstairs to change out of pj's and into normal clothes.

"That was lucky," Blade remarked, sitting in my desk chair while I got dressed in the bathroom.

"I know," I let out a breath, staring at myself in the mirror once I was dressed. I fluffed my messed up hair. That's what I get for going to sleep with it wet and not brushing it. I left the bathroom and walked over to him. He took my hand and pulled me onto his lap.

"Blade? About last night..." I said awkwardly, picking at my nails.

"Sorry about that." When I gave him a confused look he grimaced. "For raising your hopes and then kind of...rejecting you after. I didn't really have any intention of sleeping with you on this trip; it didn't seem right. We were here for you, so you could spend time with your mom."

"Oh. So you weren't just saying that last night? That after this trip we'd...?" before I could get too embarrassed he grinned and kissed my neck.

"Trust me, I meant every word. You have no idea how long I've been waiting and how hard it is," he breathed, "So it definitely was not me rejecting you...in the way you're thinking anyways." He pulled away abruptly, frowning. "I didn't...did you think I didn't want you? Ever?" his eyes widened a bit.

"The thought crossed my mind," I admitted, "That's why I asked. I wasn't sure if maybe you changed your mind about us."

He shook his head furiously, squeezing my waist, "I don't think I'll ever change my mind. And if I ever did, I'd tell you. And I'd do it in a way that's a hell of a lot nicer to boot."

I relaxed slightly, "Okay. I was just making sure."

His lips pressed together in a thin line, suddenly looking wary. "What happened before? With Kyle I mean."

"I don't know. He apologized and everything, but right before he left..." I pulled a face, "He made a comment."

"What kind of comment exactly?"

"He just told me that nothing lasts forever, that I shouldn't have so much faith in you," I leaned my forehead against his temple, "I don't know...it's stupid, but for some reason it didn't sit right with me."

"Just forget about it, sweetheart. He's probably just sour about missing out on a girl like you," he smoothed my hair back. I found a small smile. He hadn't called me sweetheart in a while. I kind of missed it.

"I guess." I leaned back and looked around my room. "It's weird to think I'll be back in Colorado in a few days. I've kind of gotten used to being home and relaxed."

"It's definitely a change from my place, eh?" he teased.

"Yeah, but I like your house. It might be big, but it's homey. And you're there, so being homesick doesn't feel as bad," I slung an arm around his shoulders.

"Trust me, that place never was homey till you showed up," he kissed my cheek, lips lingering a moment longer than usual. His lips moved down to my throat, kissing and nipping lightly at my flesh.

I let out a breath I hadn't even known I'd been holding, and swallowed hard. Maybe it was a good thing we were going home soon. I wasn't used to not being able to kiss him or to do what ever I wanted whenever. And if we stayed any longer we were both going to fold and do something we really shouldn't do with adults in the house.

"We should probably go downstairs," I said abruptly.

"Good idea," he said quickly, pulling away from my neck. I slid off his lap, took his hand and brought him downstairs. At least downstairs we both knew we couldn't do anything. But being in my room...well, anything could happen.

I saw my Mom lying down on the couch, Peter smoothing her hair back with her head in his lap, Andrew on the ground in front of them. I smiled at them. It was a perfect picture. It was unbelievably reassuring to see my mom so happy; after Dad died I hadn't thought she'd be happy again. Especially with another man. But ever since she met Peter she'd been so happy, and it was a relief to know she wasn't alone.

Blade and I took the other couch, Mazey hopped up next to us, and joined Peter in watching Kate and Leopold, surprisingly on the Woman's channel. Before I could ask he explained.

"Your mom put it on and then passed out," he said quickly.

"Sure," I said doubtfully, shooting him a joking grin. "Just admit you love chick flicks."

He waved a hand at me, shooting me an easy smile. "Fine a little bit. Now shush, this is one of my favourite parts."

I chuckled and turned to watch the movie, but out of the corner of my eye I saw how every once in a while he'd look down at my mom sleeping, and a smile would just light up his face. He looked like one of the happiest men alive.

Suddenly I was filled with longing. I wanted something like what Peter and mom had. I wanted something sweet and romantic. I wanted Blade to look at me like Peter looked at my mom.

Blade's lips dipped by my ear, "You okay?" he whispered.

I turned my head to look at him for a moment, studying his handsome face, seeing the concern there. My heart stuttered for a moment and a smile stretched across my face.

I did have that. Blade was exactly what I wanted. He really did think about me, and he tried so hard some times to be sweet and romantic just for me. Like last night. He didn't have to do that, we could have slept together and I never would have even protested or anything. But he didn't want me like that. He wanted it to be special. And any guy who could stop himself when he was that close to sleeping with a girl, just to make her happy was a good guy in my book. And he was more than a good guy, he'd done so much for me and I really didn't deserve it. But I wasn't going to let him go. I was going to hold onto him for as long as I could.

"Better than okay," I whispered back, pressing my lips to his. And with that simple kiss, my heart skipped a small beat.

********

"Leo!" I cried, dropping my bags by the door to give him a huge bear hug.

"It's great to see you again," he said warmly, returning the hug after a slight hesitation. "How was the trip?"

"It was great," I pulled back and smiled at him. "I really missed my mom."

"Where's Blade?" he asked, eyebrows knitting together as he peered around me to look outside.

"It's been a few days so he went hunting," I explained, "He knew Jordan wouldn't be happy with him not having hunted."

"Ah," he closed the door and looked me over, "How about you? Have you been eating?"

"Three meals a day, every day," I replied, "I'm still getting used to it."

"At least you're eating," he smiled, crows feet crinkling at the corners of his hazel eyes, "Would you like me to bring your bags up while you eat something?"

"No it's okay, I got it. I'll eat once I unpack. It'll be my reward for that tedious task," I grinned, picking up my bags to head upstairs to my room.

I got upstairs, but spotted the door to Blade's further down. I stared at it for a moment. If I was going to take the time to go in, now was my chance while he was out. I dumped my bags in my room, closed the door and went to Blade's. I grasped the handle and the metal was icy cold in my hand.

I licked my dry lips. There was nothing bad in here. Nothing was going to hurt me. I took a breath, twisted the handle and pushed the door open.

Peering inside, it looked the same as the last time I was here. Clothes, papers, and a bunch of other things all over the floor. The sheets still messed up from weeks ago and Eliza's ring was on his night table.

Moving towards it slowly, I took deep, even breaths to keep myself relaxed. I looked down at the old fashioned ring, looking as if it was in perfect condition despite being centuries old.

How could someone be as cruel as to do that to the man who loved her? How could she just...stop caring? Much less go off and marry someone else, without even searching for Blade?

I put my hands down on the cool bed sheets, running my hands over them gently. Strange how one night could set so many things into motion, change everything.

I looked around the room quickly to make sure and then carefully eased onto his bed, remembering the lazy days we spent here, and all the nights he comforted me until I stopped crying and slept. This bed, this room, had so many memories attached to it. It was crazy to be avoiding it just because of one bad memory. I lay my head down on my usual pillow, hand straying to his side of the bed.

It wasn't this room that we were afraid of. And it wasn't even the bed. It was just us. We were both afraid of each other, giving ourselves up to each other after what's happened. What Eliza did to Blade, and what Blade did to me...

We were both too vulnerable. Too afraid to get hurt again. But that's what happened when you loved someone; you got hurt. It was unavoidable. It just happens, and you can't let it get in the way of your future.

I turned my head to the side and closed my eyes, imagining him lying there next to me.

Wishing to go back in time before my birthday wouldn't solve anything. I was happy where I was now. I got to keep him. I didn't have to share him with anyone else. And I certainly wasn't going to waste any time I had with him.

"Kiana? Kiana what the hell are you doing in here?" Blade abruptly cut through my thoughts.

I sat up sharply, eyes flying open as I saw him walking in through the balcony doors.

"I wanted...I just..." I said helplessly before I bowed my head, running my hand in a circle against the sheets. "We need to get over what happened. It's ridiculous to avoid a room for something like that. Especially when we have so many good memories in this room."

"We have some in your room too," he said, keeping his distance.

"Yeah, but we're not avoiding my room like there's a monster living in there," I patted the spot next to me. "Just come sit here. Please?"

"This is silly," he replied, "What's it going to prove?"

"That you aren't afraid of the fact that we'll hurt each other in the future," I said seriously, "We can hurt each other with the stupidest little things. But if you stopped going to every place we'd ever fight in, eventually you'd run out of places to go."

I cocked my head to the side, studying him intently. "It's a little thing called trust, Blade. I know you didn't mean to hurt me like you did, but it happened. I'm over it. But you're not. Why?"

"I'm over it," he protested.

"Prove it," I said firmly, arms folded.

Jaw set, eyes narrowed, he walked stiffly to bed. He kicked off his shoes before he slid on next to me. "Satisfied?"

"No. You're not over it. Just sitting on this bed won't prove a thing," I turned to face him, one leg folded with my elbow leaning off of it. "You have to prove it to me, Blade."

"How do you want me to do that?" he asked, looking wound up and frustrated.

"I want..." I took a breath and went for it. "I want you to make love to me here."

Shock was clear on his face, and after a moment he was shaking his head. "How is that even...how will that prove anything?" he sputtered.

"If you were over it, it wouldn't be a problem. You'd have me anywhere. You avoiding this room all this time, leaving it like it is," I gestured at the mess surrounding us. "Having her ring by your bed every day and night. You're not over what happened with her either," I said gently, moving closer to him but he was leaning away already.

"Blade it's okay to be afraid, if you weren't afraid then something would definitely be wrong. But you can't let it rule how you live. You're letting Eliza rule your life, you're letting what happened rule your life." I reached a hand up and touched his cheek. "I love you, Blade. I can't guarantee we won't hurt each other in the future...but I do promise to love you no matter what happens. I won't ever be like Eliza; I almost did what she did before and look what happened. I can't do that to you, not again."

"How do you know? How do you know you won't change your mind afterwards?" he challenged, pulling away from my touch.

"We've slept together before Blade. Yeah it sucked afterwards, but you know what I realized after it happened? I realized I was in love with you. At my mom's house...there was nothing more I wanted to do than be with you," I took his hand, squeezing it. "You have to take risks when it comes to love. How else are you ever going to know if it was worth it?"

He lifted our hands and kissed mine, holding them to his lips for a long moment. He started pulling on my hand, pulling me to him. Starting to kiss my forehead, my whole body started to prick with excitement.

"Are you sure?" he mumbled against my lips, arms coiling around my waist as he pushed me down onto my back.

I kissed him slowly. "Yes," I breathed, my heartbeat kicking up a notch. He buried his face in my neck for a moment, breathing deeply before he kissed my throat and sat up. His hands strayed to my hips, sliding under my shirt.

"Really sure?" he asked and I nodded. He curled his fingers on the hem of my shirt before he pulled it off me and tossed it away. He groaned, bending down to capture my mouth with his. I melted against him, my fingers going through his hair, holding him to me while his hands started roaming across my stomach and breasts.

I slid my hands down his back, tugging on his shirt pointedly. "Play fair," I panted between kisses. I felt him smile. He pulled away long enough to strip off his shirt but then he was back, sliding a hand under my back, crushing me to his chest while his other hand slid all the way down my back, down my leg and lifted it, hooking it over his hip. His hips start rolling, grinding into me deeply enough to make my breathing choppy and shallow, making my body heat and flush.

"Blade," I gasped, body arching into his tightly, trying to get as close as possible but it was so hard with all these annoying barriers. "Blade...clo...clothes..." I managed to get out.

He was on it before I could even attempt to clear my head enough to try. Button unbuttoned, zipper unzipped, he scooted back, hooked his fingers through the belt loops of my jeans and pulled them off of me carefully. The cold air against my legs made goose bumps rise up on my flesh and I shivered. I sat up and pushed him down on his back, undoing his pants for him this time. I ran a hand over him and felt him writhe under me with another groan. "Kiana..."

My lips twitched and I started pulling down his pants. But it was a struggle. I was so impatient, my movements all sharp and jerky, that I couldn't manage. Blade chuckled and helped me. Our clothes added to the mess that was already on the floor, and we weren't even done yet. Before I knew it I was on my back again, his lips locked to mine with his hand between my legs.

His fingers started pressing against me and I shuddered, heat flicking through me like a fire. I felt like my blood was boiling as it pumped through my veins, my heart pounding loud and quick and unsteady.

"Pl...please," I struggled to think, to hold onto a coherent thought but my mind was full of jumbled up, unfinished thoughts. But instead of doing what I wanted, he pulled his hand away. And soon my bra and underwear were tossed away, landing who knows where and frankly who cared?

"Kiana open your eyes," he said roughly.

My eyes fluttered open, focusing on his. Nerves turned my stomach while my heart still pounded loud and insistent in my ears.

He settled down between my legs and my hands reached up to grab his arms, nails digging into muscle and flesh.

"Relax," he said softly, his lips came to rest on mine. But he didn't seem too relaxed either; his voice was shaking and his body was tense.

He eased forward until I felt him, right up against me. I let out a huge gust of air, a burning need suddenly rising inside of me. I tried not to squirm impatiently, but being this close and having to wait was killing me. I needed him. I really, really did needed him in my life. Without him it would be so empty. He filled the void that I hadn't even realized existed until I thought I couldn't have him.

"Is it going to hurt?" I asked, trying to relax my grip on his arms but I couldn't. I was too nervous, too excited, too scared. I was a mess.

"It might. But I'll do everything to keep that from happening." His hand slid down between my legs again and abruptly my eyes slid shut. His nimble fingers worked their magic again and that raging fire that had simmered down before rose back up again. My head rolled back, a moan passing through my lips.

His fingers slowly moved away, and were replaced again by him, hard and waiting. He eased in slowly, but even that couldn't stop me from cringing.

"Sorry," he stroked my cheek with his fingers, kissing me gently. I coiled my arms around his shoulders, gripping his hair in my hands tightly. He kissed me passionately, one hand holding my hip the other cradling my head as he took his time, letting me adjust for a long while. He thrust his hips, still slow and steady, and gradually the discomfort eased away, replaced by that same raging fire that seem to shoot through my veins, my whole body.

I rocked my hips in time to his so we were moving perfectly, and I matched each thrust. My thighs were aching, my body burning, and everything just seemed so fast. My heart was still hammering and I felt that same heat rising, and I felt like a dam that was ready to burst.

But then he slowed down, going slow and steady instead. It was torture, gripping his arms, my teeth grinding together as I struggled to hold myself back, refusing to let myself finish now. I lifted my head to kiss him again and he moaned in my mouth, hips thrusting hard once. I squeezed my thighs tight around his hips, feeling so close now. I bit his bottom lip and his hips rocked, thrusting deeper into me.

"Blade," I gasped, hips rising to meet him again and again until suddenly, we burst.

It was like a mini explosion inside me, one I felt in every single cell of my body. It was such an amazing feeling, to feel him inside of me, to feel him surrounding me completely. I felt out of this world. It was like nothing I'd ever felt before. I had never realized before just how much you could really feel for a person. And I never thought it'd be possible to love someone so much, or to feel so loved and protected in return. I'd never felt closer to a person as I did now.

"Kiana," he breathed, lips pressing softly against mine. "I'm in love with you."

I suddenly smiled. And while it wasn't the biggest smile, it was the happiest one. "I'm in love with you too."

He eased off of me and I suddenly felt cold, the air touching my heated flesh where he had been touching. He pulled the sheets of the bed back and we both crawled under them before he held me to his chest, his face buried in my hair.

My exhausted body, running high with excitement, suddenly seemed to be draining away energy slowly until I felt sleepy. I leaned my cheek against his chest, feeling slightly sweaty and hot, but the happiest I'd ever been.

"I'm in love with you too," I mumbled again as he crushed me to him, and I fell asleep.

********

"Wake up, sweetheart," a voice said in my ear. I cracked an eye open tiredly, peering at him before I closed it again and smiled.

"'Morning," I yawned a little.

"Good afternoon," he chuckled, kissing my forehead.

I opened my eyes, "Same thing," I shrugged. I pulled away from his arms, stretching my arms and legs out wide and as far as I could reach, back arching off the mattress. With a small groan I relaxed, feeling better, even if my thighs and that whole area were a bit sore.

"Hardly," he straddled my hips with a wicked grin, fingers dancing up my sides. "So how are you this fine evening?"

I looked up at him in amusement. "I'm fine. I would ask you, but it seems you're in a particularly good mood."

"You're just fine?" he pouted at me. I sat up and he got off me, but I slipped my arms around him so he wouldn't go too far.

"You're ridiculous. You know I'm not much of a morning person," I flicked his nose playfully.

"Its night time," he flicked my nose back.

"I just got up, it's morning to me," I shrugged before I smiled. "And frankly? I'm a lot better than fine, but I don't think there are good enough adjectives out there to describe how I feel."

"Give me an idea." He fell onto his back and pulled me on top of him.

"Hmm, where to start?" I tapped my chin with a fingertip, "How about...I never thought I'd be this happy with anyone? That I love a boy more than I thought was physically possible, that I want to stay here forever with that same boy."

He pulled a face, "Boy?"

"Man," I rolled my eyes. Out of that, all he got was 'boy'? "A very manly man."

"Better," he smiled, eyes slipping shut as he gave me a soft kiss that made my toes curl. "It's nice to know the feeling isn't just one way."

I cupped his cheek with my hand and kissed the tip of his nose, "I love you, Blade. Don't ever doubt that."

His eyes opened and he looked serious for a moment, "You too, Kiana. Don't ever doubt that I love you too. I'd do anything for you."

"I won't if you don't." I held my arm out to him, smiling.

He grasped my elbow, forearms pressed tight against each other. I felt that same sharp shock and jumped in surprise. No matter how many times I did it, I'd never get used to it.

He released my arm and I lay my head and most of my upper body down on his chest, my stomach growling to break the silence.

"And here I thought you were supposed to keep me on a strict diet," I teased, tracing circles across his chest.

"Mmmhmm," was all I got for a reply.

"What are you doing?" I asked curiously, still drawing imaginary circles on his skin.

"Enjoying the moment. It's not every day I get to lie with the girl I love," he replied softly, his fingers dancing up my arm in a way that made me shiver.

I relaxed against him. I really did luck out when I met him, I might not have known it at the time, but I did now and that was what counted.

"Blade?" I asked after a moment. He looked at me, giving me his full attention. "I was just thinking...um...about your dad..."

He let out a loud groan. "Kiana! Don't talk about him please! That's totally ruining the moment."

"Sorry, but I'm curious. What's he going to do now? What are we going to do now?" I asked, putting a hand on his other side to hold myself up. I clutched the sheet to my chest tightly, "I mean, about those vampires and your dad and—"

"Kiana! Calm down," he sat up quickly, cradling my face in his hand. His eyes were wide and focused on mine intently, "Relax, okay? Breathe."

I inhaled a huge gust of air before I let it out, trying to focus my thoughts as they started to get out of control.

"First of all, my dad isn't important. Who gives a shit about him? Yeah he seemed a little crazy last time...but just forget about him, okay? I'll deal with him. As for those vampires?" I saw him hesitate a little. "We'll figure it out. There's not much we can do now, but look how long it took for them to do something else since Halloween to when we were fighting. Next time...next time we'll find out more, and hopefully it'll be the last time it happens."

I reached up and touched my face, tensing as I remembered the pain from that vampire cutting my face up.

"I just want to know what they want," I said, dropping my hand abruptly.

"Look, we can worry about it another day, okay?" he reminded me, "Let's just relax today."

"Today is almost over," I pointed out.

"Then we can relax for the rest of your holiday," he pulled me closer, kissing my throat lightly. "Just forget about everything until later."

"Okay...I guess," I said quietly.

"You know what we should do tomorrow?" he said after a moment, "We should go play pool."

I looked up at him sharply. "Pool?"

"Why not? We haven't gone in a while, and you need the practice," he teased.

I smirked, "Considering I won a fair share of those games, I do believe we both need practice."

He put a finger to my lips, "Shh. Don't speak such lies."

I bit his finger, hard enough to leave bite marks in his flesh.

"Hey! I'm the vampire here. I'll do the biting," he pouted at me as he studied his finger.

"How come I can bite you but I can't hit you?" I asked curiously.

"Because my skin isn't as durable as the rest of me is. My muscles are hard, so when you punch it hits the muscle, which hurts you. When you're biting, it's mostly doing damage to my skin than my muscle. Plus there's not much going on in my finger." He flexed his finger pointedly.

My stomach growled again and I covered it with my hands. "I think maybe I should eat something," I said sheepishly.

"Well you're not leaving this room," he held my wrists in his hands and pinned me down before I could even protest. "You can't get up until I let you."

"But I have to eat," I whined, "I actually have an appetite and you're depriving me? What is this crap?"

"That crap would be life, sweetheart," he grinned impishly at me, settling between my legs.

A sigh escaped and my eyes fell shut, waiting impatiently.

"Someone's eager," he remarked.

"Right back at you," I grinned, wrapping my legs around his hips tightly as he pushed in. Unlike last night, it didn't hurt much at all. That thought was gone almost as soon as it appeared, and my hunger was soon forgotten as well.

---------------------------------------

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey been a long time for this story huh? (Not that I know exactly when I last updated but...still). I've got a whole bunch of chapters edited for this story (I edit at like 3 AM every night until I pass out), BLWL and W&V (which isn't posted yet but I'm working on it!!!). I'm trying to keep on top of the editing game so that way when school starts I won't forget about you guys :) Also, HOW HAPPY ARE YOU GUYS NOW THAT ALL THIS HAPPENED? PRETTY HAPPY RIGHT? RIGHT? GOOD.

Back to school though...for the first time in two whole years I finally have a good schedule. I've always had 4 hour breaks, or 8AM-6/6:30PM days with either so many classes that I had no breaks, or three classes in which I had hella long boring breaks. This time however, its so laid back and its perfect for me. I get to end early and I'm finally in my Art program and I'm so happy guys. I can't wait to start school! (Never thought I'd say that with absolute sincerity). Plus, I'm hoping cause its a new program and what few friends I had left the college already (except for one who is my baby boo so I'm not totally alone yay) I'll be able to meet some new people and make some hella rad new friends....and maybe meet some cuties. I don't even care if that sounds shallow and desperate. I am what I am dudes.

In other news, I started trying to ride a bike. I'm almost 20 years old and I still can't ride a bike. I started making some progress but then it was absolute shit weather and it got a flat tire and bleeeeeeeech I'm never going to learn at this point. So frustrated. And I'm also sad because the Iron Man table my sister and I were trying to sell still isn't selling bc some jerk was like YEA ILL BUY I WANT and tried to scam my sister so it stills up for sale and I am still poor. Many sads. I need some brush pens guys,  you don't even know how much I'm dying to hit up an art store right now. UGH.

Anyhoo, I'm off to play more of my School of Dragons game because its my new addiction, and at least its better than me sitting in front of FB and Tumblr doing nothing because they're boring as shit.

Much love and good vibes,

xxLaura <3

Edit: I forgot to mention it before, but y'all should check out Bad Luck With Love. Its super cheese but I'll be updating that a lot more than S2L, since S2L is nearing its end. :) And that way you guys have something to do in between updates!

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

161K 5.9K 68
𝐒𝐔𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐀𝐋 𝐑𝐡𝐞𝐚, 𝐚 seventeen-year-old girl, her mom, and her fifteen-year-old brother 𝐑𝐚𝐟𝐞 moves to a new home 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭...
113K 2.9K 35
**TRIGGER WARNING: this book contains scenes of rape and other sexual assault actions. Readers discretion is advised*** I hear a low rumble behind me...
64.7K 2.4K 13
'Stop eye fucking me Red, it's already hard enough to concentrate with you bound like that,' he teases me. 'Win and I'll let you tie me up tonight,'...
61.8K 1.9K 47
(COMPLETED & EDITING IN PROGRESS) HIGHEST RANKING on Wattpad #1 in hatelove & #1 in humanxvampire "I wanted whatever the hell it was and it was killi...