keeper [rick flag]

By -bvcky

When sisters and archeologists June and Ryland Moone wander into the wrong cave, they don't expect to be pos... More

Cast and Characters
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Epilogue
Sequel and Others
Bonus !!! 7k reads!

Chapter 9

8.7K 218 4
By -bvcky

"Behold the voice of god!" Rick shouts as he shows the criminals the device. 

Ryland snorts at the words. Amanda Waller was nothing close to a god, and would probably never be, to her anyways. 

"For those of you who don't know me officially, my name is Amanda Waller. There's an active terrorist event in Midway City. I want you to enter the city and rescue HVT-1 and get them so safety"  her voice comes out of the tablet speakers. 

Ryland watches as Floyd raises his hand. 

"I'm sorry, uhhh. For those of us who don't speak good guy, what is HVT-1?" 

"The only person that matters in the city. The one person you can't kill. Complete the mission you get time off your prison sentence. Fail the mission you die. If anything happens to Coronel Flag or Dr.Moone, i'll kill every single one of you"

All their faces eye her, wanting to know what is so special about a girl that they would need to die for. 

Ryland purses her lips and stares ahead, joining her hands in front of her. 

"Remember I'm watching. I see everything"  Amanda says before the screen turns black. 

Rick puts the device down and stares at the inmates. 

"There's your pep talk" He tells Deadshot 

Deadshot smiles and tilts his head. 

"Compared to your shit she killed it"

Rick only stares at him with a straight face. 

"So that's it. What are we, some kind of Suicide Squad?" Floyd wonders. 

Rick takes a few steps towards him. 

"I'll notify your next of kin" 

He says as he pushes past them. 

Ryland stays behind, watching the criminals. 

Captain Boomerang eyes her carefully and smirks before taking a sip of his drink. 

"Alpha, Bravo team out up!" Rick yells in the distance. 

________________

Katana climbs into the helicopter as it is taking off, her hair whipping in the wind.  

"You're late" Rick calls out. 

Ryland sits in front of him, eyeing the girl. 

Katana speaks in another language, making it impossible to understand. 

Rick looks at Ryland. Then at the others. 

"THis is Katana. She's got Ryland's and my back. She can cut all of you in half with one sword stroke, just like mowing the lawn. I would advise not getting killed by her. Her sword traps the souls of her victims" 

Harley leans over Ryland and extends her hand out towards her. 

"Harley Quinn, nice to meet ya" She pulls her hand back. "I love your perfume. What is that, the stench of death?" 

Ryland lets out a snort and Harley looks at her before bursting out in giggles. 

Katana looks at her for a moment. Then she utters some words and makes a move to pull out her sword. 

Rick holds his hand out. 

"Woahh. Easy cowgirl. It ain't that kind of a mission. have a seat."

Harley turns to Ryland and nods. 

"She seems nice" 

Deadshot takes another looks at Ryland, and consumed by curiosity, decides to ask. 

"So. What did you do to end up in here?" He asks. 

Harley listens to them intenrly. 

Ryland shurgs. 

"Me? I didn't really do anything. The other half though..." She trails off. 

Harley leans into them 

"The other half. Ouu! What other half?" She questions. 

RYland looks at her. 

"The other half caused some people to die" She says simply. 

Deadshot looks at her. 

"your other half caused people to die" He wonders. Ryland nods 

Harley laughs. 

"Ooo! Can you show us?" She asks excitedly. 

"I don't think it would be the best thing if I did. Maybe later" Ryland tells her. 

Halrey sighs and leans back into her seat. 

"You people are real party poopers" She mutters under her breath. 

Ryland exhales a breath and stares at Rick, who looks at her. 

He makes a face, asking if she is fine, and she nods. 

Ryland watches as Harley pulls out a phone, the contact number named with only one letter. J. 

Haley smiles and looks up from her phone, catching Rylands eyes. 

"Shhhh" She whispers. Ryland nods. She isn't about to rat anyone out and get them killed. 

KC groans loudly, and everyone looks at him. He groans and leans forward, causing a look of disgust to rise on Ricks face. 

"Hey. Is he supposed to be green like that?" Captain Boomerang asks, looking at KC. 

KC's throat makes a gurgling sound, and he leans forward, emptying his stomach on the helicopter floor. 

Ryland looks away and gags, not wanting to throw up in the moment. 

The helicopter trails into the city. 

Harley looks out the window, amazed by the rays of lighting concentrated where the Enchantress is. 

"Ohhh" She exclaims "Look at the pretty lights" She pulls back and looks at the others. "Are you guys seeing this?" 

Deadshot looks at Rick. 

"What happened?" He asks. 

Rick looks at Ryland, who is staring at the floor before looking back ad Deadshot. 

"Terrorist attack. Dirty bombs, bad guys shooting up the place with AK - you know, usual shit" 

Deadshot nods. 

"Right. Yeah you're a bad liar" Rick looks at him with a hateful expression. 

"I don't know if they told you, but i'm a hitman, not a fire man. I don't save people. "

"Anything for a dollar, right?" Rick tells him. 

Deadshot laughs. "You know the dark places too. Don't act like you don't " 

Rick stares at him. 

"I'm a soldier. And you're a serial killer who takes credit cards. When the shooting starts, and it will, you'll cut and run"  

Suddenly, bullets hit them out of nowhere, killing the two pilots instantly. 

Ryland clutches her seatbelt and shuts her eyes as hard as she can as the helicopter circles to the ground, hitting it with force and sending  Ryland's seatbelt snapping, causing her to be hurled at Rick. 

Rick helps her stand up, and exit the helicopter. 

The rest of them climb out of the now destroyed helicopter, Harley whooping in the air, clutching her bat. 

Amanda stares at the cameras, awaiting  a report of Rick. 

"We're okay. None of us suffered injuries" He finally says.  

 She looks around, the buildings seem normal, but that's because they haven't reached the zone yet. 

"C'mon. We need to go" Rick tells her. She nods and starts to walk, she clutches the back of her head and winces when she touches a tender spot. 

They walk down a quiet alley, each of them at their own pace. 

Rick walks besides Ryland, making sure that she is ok. 

"Are you okay in there, no Keeper?" He asks her cautiously. Ryland smiles and nods. 

"Yes. I'm sure" She tells him as she looks forward. 

A cold shiver trails down her spine, and she stops walking. Rick looks at her. 

Her features palen and panic rises in the back of her throat. 

Whisper echo in her mind, each time getting closer and closer. That can only mean one thing.

Keeper wants to come out. 

Ryland looks at Rick, who is staring at her, and she shakes her head. 

She then covers her ears with her hands, begging for the sound to go away, but it only becomes stronger. 

She sits down on the floor, and Rick sits down with her. 

Everyone is watching them. 

She clutches her head, the whispers becoming shouts. 

Rick grabs her head in his hands, forcing her to look at him. 

"Ry. Hey. What's going on?" He asks, panic lacing his tone.

Ryland shakes her head. 

"She. She wants to come out" She whispers, panting. 

Rick stares at her. 

"You can fight it. I know you can" 

Both Slipknot  and Captain Boomerang take it as their chance to get away, punching the guards, which makes Rick look up from Ryland. 

Slipknot shoots a wire into the building, and Rick scrambles for his phone. 

Ryland lies there, rocking back and forth, trying to stop the whispers,  but it is no use. 

"Stop" She whispers. "Stop!" She says louder. 

Rick looks at Slipknot. 

"Hold your fire!" He yells at the guards. 

He clicks his device, causing a loud explosion to go off. 

Ryland gasps. The sound of the explosion seemed to throw Keeper off balance, causing Ryland to gain control. 

Rick watches the headless body for a moment before turning back to Ryland. 

Harley laughs, looking at the body. 

"Now that's a killer app!" She exclaims. 

Ryland sits there, heaving in gulps of air. 

She clutches Ricks arm, and he pulls her upwards. 

"She's gone" Ryland whispers. 

Rick gives her a small smile, but it quickly fades away as he turns to the rest of them. 

"Okay, you wanna keep playing the Hollywood Squares version of 'il blow your freakin head off?" He looks at Chato "You next?" 

"You trippin home" Chato tells him. 

Rick moves on to Deadshot. 

"You next, Deadshot?"

Deadshot walks towards him. 

"You jus threaten me?" 

"Oh, yeah" Rick responds to him. 

"You just threatened me" He says. He points to Rick and then starts walking away. 

Rick looks at the rest of them. 

"Move" 

Ryland takes in a shaky breath, and Rick helps her stand up. 

"Can you keep on going?" He whispers in her ear. 

Ryland turns to look at the team. They all stare at her as if she was crazy. She wipes her hands on her pants. 

"Yes. I'm fine. Let's go" 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

779K 21.9K 63
Martha Wayne is not exactly the perfect daughter that Bruce was hoping for. Her life had been one big downward spiral ever since he mother walked out...
140K 3.5K 17
In which a super powered, enchanted axe carrying girl with anger issues and an attachment disorder is recruited to save the world. Or "You are real...
14.5K 322 12
- Jackie Adanna; member of Task Force X. She knew the deal by now. Complete the mission, ten years off of her prison sentence. rick flag x fem!oc
49.2K 1.9K 12
One wrong move and you die!    ━━━━━ the suicide squad    oc x rick flag © emma 2021