Rhodes sister

By PanicAtTheDancer

More

Dr Halstead to the rescue
BackGround on Kyra
It must run in the family
I love you too
Discharged.

Welcome Home Kyra

3.1K 29 2
By PanicAtTheDancer

Kyra

I have finally been transferred to Chicago. I told no one that I was coming back besides the Intelligence Unit. I headed to med so I could surprise my brother.

I walked into the E.D. looking for Connor.

"Kyra." Someone said behind me.

I turned around and saw Maggie with a smile on her face.

"How you doing mags?"I asked and gave her a hug.

"I'm fine. Why are you in Chicago?"Sje asked.

"I got transferred to Intelligence. I wanted to surprise my brother. Where is he?" I asked.

"He's currently in surgery. I'll notify him once he's done. But Hey Dr Halstead."She said as she looked behind me.

I turned around and saw Will directing his attention to Maggie.

"Look who just got transferred to intelligence."She said.

He directed his attention to me and smiled.

"Kyra Rhodes."He said pulling me into a hug.

"William Halstead." I laughed.

"How are you doing?"He asked leaning against the wall

"I'm great now that I'm in Chicago.How have you been?"I smiled.

I'm great. Gonna go have a nice chat with Jay for not telling me that you got transferred to intelligence."He joked.

I smiled. " I'm heading their next. I wanted to surprise my brother first."

He smiled. "Turn around."

I turned and saw my brother looking at me.

"What's an NYPD Detective doing in a Chicago E.D." He joked.

"Incorrect.What is a CPD detective doing in a Chicago E.D."I corrected him seeing if he would get what I was saying.

He gasped." You got transferred?"

I nodded. "SVU to intelligence."

He pulled me into a hug.

"And you wanted to surprise me?"He asked.

"Yup. Hate to cut this short but I'm needed at the district in 30. See ya later." I pointed at him.

"See ya. I'm buying you dinner. Come over after shift."He said.

I saluted. "Yes sir."

I walked out of the ED and headed to the district.

~~~

I walked in and was greeted by Trudy.

"Detective Rhodes. Wonderful to see you again. Welcome back to Chicago." She said with a smile.

"It's good to be back." I said and went up the stairs to the Bullpen.

"Rhodes about time!We need you to interrogate the Bastard. Heres the file. Welcome back to Chicago." Voight said to me.

"Thank you. Jay you're with me." I said reading the file.

"Copy."He said and stood up and headed towards the interrogation room

I over looked the file a few times before I went in.

Suspect : Ricardo Vega
Married
In for murders and sex trafficking

6 women who all work for him have been killed over the past year.

Same Drugs found in all girls (What killed them) (his prescription)

"Ready?" Jay said .

I looked up. "Yup."

I opened the door and saw the guy.
I stood in front of him and threw the pictures of all 6 girls down in front of him while saying each name.

"You wanna Tell me how that happened?"I said looking at him.

"Those whores are drug addicts."

"Drug addicts? You know what I think. All your clients got tired of these girls. So you didn't have any use for them! So you needed to get rid of them. You drugged them and then dumped them. Does your wife know how you treat these woman? Does she know what you do for living? Have you ever thought about her?"I asked. He just looked at me.

"You're going to prison forever. There's no other way around it.If you cooperate with us. Maybe I can get a few years shaved off. So you can be with your wife. You need to tell me where the rest of the girls are, and I'll get you down to manslaughter." I said to him lying through my teeth. I have no ability to do that.

Jay looked at me like I was crazy.

"Really?" Ricardo asked smirking.

"Ya! You just got to tell me where they are."I said.

"Corner of 36 and Hubbard."He said.

"Are you lying to me?"I said putting everything back in the file.

"No."

"Great."I said.

"And by the way,Youre still going to jail for murder." I said and left the room.

"Is that how they do it it NY? Get people by lying?" Jay asked.

"No. How we do it in New York is we get our people to talk."I said walking back into the bullpen.

"What we got?" Voight asked.

"A gullible dumbass who doesn't give a shit about his wife. The rest of the girls are on the corner of 36th and Hubbard."  I told the group.

"Rhodes you were in there for maybe 5 minutes." Ruzek said.

"I know how to get people to talk Ruzek.What are we waiting for?Lets go!"I said.

"You heard her.Get your vest on!"Voight ordered.

~~~~~~

" Ruzek, Rhodes, Burgess, Halstead take the back of the House. Atwater, Upton And I will take the front."Voight ordered

I was the leader of the back of the house and I got into position and pinged in to Voights radio.

"Ready back here."

"Hit it."

I kicked the door down and put my gun up I looked around and saw a door, I opened it and it lead to stairs and strong smell of bleach

"Right behind ya Rhodes." Ruzek said turning his flash light on.

I nodded and turned my light on and went down the stairs.

We got to the bottom of the steps and saw another door with a lock and the only way I could get it open is if I shot the lock.

I pinged everyone's radios. "Shooting a door with a lock on it."

I shot the lock and it busted open, I opened the door and saw 12 girls chained up to a wall, dead.

"Dear god." Adam said.

I pinged into everyone's radios and dispatch.
"5021 George we have 12 doAs on 36th and Hubbard. Role in MEs and make the proper notifications."

I heard footsteps and them stopping at right behind me they put a hand on my shoulder and turned me around. It was Jay.

"Are you okay?" He asked. Stuff like this triggers my PTSD. Mine and jays second tour was hell. He knows what triggers me and I know what triggers him. He doesn't get triggered as much as I do.

"Ya I'm gonna go outside. Tell Sarge where I am." I said going up the stairs.

~~~~~~~

We were back in the bullpen doing paperwork. It was completely silence except everyone writing and typing. I felt like jay didn't do anything exclet watch me and made sure I didn't go into one of my episodes.

I was filling out a file when all of the sudden I got extreme familiar pain in my neck. I closed my eyes and winced at the pain.
Then all the memories started flooding my brain. My breathing got heavier and I started to cry.

Jay shot out of his chair and ran over to me.

"Hey you aren't there. You're home. You're home. Shhhh. Breathe Ky Breathe. You're safe and I'm safe. You're okay." He said and put a hand in mine and one my shoulder.

The memories started to slow down and the pain started to stop.

"You back?" He asked.

"Ya. Sorry."

"Go home Rhodes."I heard Voight say from the left of me.

"Sarge I'm fine I've had worse." I tried to tell him but he refused.

"It's an order. Jay take her home. Upton finish her paperwork."He ordered.

I sighed and put my head in my hands.

"Let's Get you home." Jay said as he got his keys.

I stood up and put my paperwork on Haley's desk.

"Sorry." I half smiled.

"It's fine I just finished mine." She smiled.

"Let's go Ky."

"I'm driving. You suck at driving." I said taking the keys from his hand.

"Rhodes."

"Halstead."I said back.

"Fine."He sighed.

"Thank you ."I smiled.

Jay POV

We got into the car and I pulled out my phone to text Connor.

Jay Halstead
Hey Kyra just had a PTSD episode from our second tour. When do you get off? I want someone to be there Incase she goes through another one.

Connor Rhodes
I don't get off till later tonight but your brother just got off I'll send him over.

Jay Halstead
Good. Thanks.

Connor POV

I put my phone in my pocket and looked up and saw Will walk into the break room.

"Hey Will are you doing anything for the rest of the day?"I asked.

"Nope. What's up? He asked putting on his jacket.

"Can you go over to Kyras for the rest of the day. She just had a PTSD episode and Jay wants someone there Incase she has another one." I said with a small frown on my face.

"Sure. Tell him I'm on my way."He smiled

"Thanks."

He looked at me with a confused look.

"Has Jay ever told you about what happened on their second tour?" I asked.

"She hasn't told you?"He asked.

"No. I remember that day when they got back I went into her hospital room and all she did was cry and say I don't want to go back, please don't make me."I said. Thinking about it brings tears to my eyes.

"It took a while for me to get it out of Jay. Im sure when Kyras fully ok with explaining it she'll tell you."He said.

"Speaking if telling people things." I looked at him and laughed.

"What?"He asked very confused.

"When are you gonna tell her you love her."I raised an eyebrow at him.

He smiled. "One step at a time Connor." And with that he left the room.

~~~
Kyra

I pulled out a 6 pack  from the fridge, when their was a knock at my door. I put the pack down and went to open the door to see Will.

"Oh hey Will. Come in."I smiled and moved out of the way.

"Jay told your brother that you had a PTSD episode and wanted to make sure someone was here with you. Connor has to work late so he sent me" He said and sat down on the couch.

"My two brothers being overprotective, where's the shocker." I joked and held up a beer.

"Want one?"I asked.

"No thanks."He shook his head.

"Don't make me drink alone Halstead."I frowned.

He sighed. "Fine."

I smiled and opened his bottle.

"How's work?"I asked sitting next to him.

"Pretty sad day today.a couple were in an argument when they got into a car crash. The husband ended up brain dead and the wife was an emotional wreck because the last thing she ever told her husband that she didn't love him and she never got the chance to tell him how she truly feels."He said staring at me for few seconds then shaking his head.

"Damn that's awful."

"Ya. You still haven't told Connor what happened on your second tour?" He asked in confusion and sadness.

"I don't like talking about it."I said with a blank look on my face.

"How was SVU?" He asked changing the subject.

"Sad. I never realized how much I hated  Lawyers until the lawyer who defended our chief Medical examiner who turned out to be a cross dresser and stuffed his ex fiancé into a suitcase in his Aunts wall."I shook my head in disgustment.

"Jay told me about that case. God that must have been horrible."He said as he took a drink.

"Ya-"I cut myself off by yawning.

"How much sleep have you gotten woman."He laughed.

"I don't have time for slee-" I cut myself off by yawning again.

"Well now you do. Go to sleep Kyra."He chuckled.

"Fine. I'm using you as a pillow then."I said resting my head on his chest.

"I have no where else to be."

Will POV

I smiled at Kyra. As soon as she laid her head down she fell asleep. My phone buzzed as I got a text from Jay.

Jay Halstead
How is she?

Will Halstead
Managed to get her to sleep. Hasn't had another breakdown yet.

Jay Halstead
Good. Maybe you can finally tell her you love her.

Will Halstead
One step at a time. One step at a time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.5K 4.1K 29
Pluto thai gl novel မြန်မာဘာသာပြန်
44.2K 5K 35
U+Z ဒီနေ့မင်းလွင် + ဒီယောရာဇာဓိရာဇ်
90K 19.4K 61
Arc(9)-Arc(14)+Real World+Extra အာဏာရှင်ကုန်းvsနတ်ဘုရားရှို့
63.4K 1.4K 24
Alissa was sent away after being framed by her mother and twin sister. But when she gets arrested for the 4th time that week her family is called. Sh...