Love and Basketball (LaMelo B...

By The_BestAndOnly

Naiara Bryant is a famous basketball player in LA, voted one of the best young females in America. When her f... More

~1~
~2~
~3~
~4~
~5~
~6~
~7~
~8~
~10~
~11~
~12~
~13~
~14~
~15~
~15.5~
~15.55~
~16~
~17~
~18~
~19~
~20~
~21~
~22~
Sequel

~9~

1.9K 37 10
By The_BestAndOnly

July 2017~ AAU Summer League

It's been a few days since the party, and I was getting sick and tired of seeing Rodrick prance around my house like he wasn't a nasty ass cheater. Like, I see this nigga got sucked off, and I now I just see him everywhere. I plan on telling Nat soon, but knowing her, she's gonna be blinded by fake love and not believe me. 

I told Melo, Gelo, and Zo about it, and they all agreed that I should tell her. Especially Zo, cause he didn't want to see his "little mamacita" hurt.

"Rise and shine, Lil Mamba." Dad says, coming in my room. I yawn and sit up in bed. "Summer league starts tomorrow, so we're gonna work on your shot." 

"I thought my shot was good?" I ask, rubbing my eyes.

"When did I ever tell you that you can stop improving?" He asks. I groan.

"Never."

"Exactly. Now get up and go wake up Gigi so y'all both can get in the gym." Dad says. I nod and get out of bed as he leaves, and I walk down the hallway into Gigi's room. 

"Gianna! Get up!" I yell. She stays still, and I groan. "Gianna!" Still nothing. 

I walk to the kitchen and grab a cup, filling it with water before I walk back upstairs to Gianna's room and pour the water on her. She wakes up real quick and screams.

"Ow, dang! It wasn't even that much water!" I say, covering my ears.

"Imma get you for that."

"Mhm, sure. Dad says come on so we can work on our shot." I say before leaving her room. I go back to my room and change into a practice outfit. Then I run downstairs to the indoor court.

"Naiara work on your mid-range game. Gigi come here with me." Dad says. For the next few hours we practiced basketball, and I even had a mini scrimmage with my little sister. When that was over I changed into some normal clothes and went into my twin's room. I was somewhat ready to tell her what's been going on behind her back, but at the same time I wasn't. I didn't know what to expect.

(Without the purse)

"Hey, Nat." I say, walking in her room.

"Hey sis, I need your opinion for my date tonight," She says, holding up two dresses. "Blue or pink?"

"That's actually what I wanted to talk to you about. Remember when we went to his party last week, and I went to the bathroom?"

"Why're you telling me a bathroom story?" She asks, lightly laughing.

"No, that's not it. When I was walking out the bathroom, I heard moaning, and at first I thought it was nothing, but then I glanced in the next room and saw Rodrick getting a blowjob from some girl." I say. She looks at me weird for a second, and then she starts laughing.

"Stop playing with me, sis."

"I'm not, I'm serious." I say. She stops laughing and looks me dead in the eye.

"Okay, now it's getting old." She says, pushing me out the way to go to her mirror.

"What, you think I'd lie about this?"

"You never liked Rodrick in the first place, so why should I believe you now?!" Nat asks, looking at me.

"Because I wouldn't lie about this kinda thing! And you're right, I don't like Rodrick, cause he's obviously got his head twisted on wrong!" I say, raising my voice a little.

"You're just jealous!" She yells.

"Jealous? Of what, this one-sided relationship? You're giving a hundred and ten percent, and he's giving you bullshit!" I yell back.

"You're always doing this! Breaking up me and my boyfriends! You're the reason Brian and I broke up, and now you're tryna separate me and Rodrick?!"

"Cause he's not good for you! When are you gonna open your eyes and realize that?!"

"When you stop being a jealous little bitch and be happy for me! You're never happy for me! You're selfish, manipulative, an attention whore, and a fucking liar!" She yells. My mouth opens a little. 

"So that's how you feel, huh?" I ask. "Fuck off. You gonna realize I'm right when he dumps your ass for a white girl."

I angrily leave her room and go to mine. Who the hell does she think she is? I was pissed off, hurt, and disappointed, but I still felt bad for her. No one deserves to be cheated on, especially not my twin. But, you know, young dumb love got her feeling some type of way, and honestly, this'll probably be the only way she'll learn her lesson.

"Mijas!  Come down, breakfast is ready!" Mom yells. I hear a pair of feet rush down the stairs, and I assumed it was Gigi. Silently groaning, I started fixing my hair into a nice bun, and then messed it up and tried something else.

"Twins! Get down here!" Mom yells. I settle on a side bun and rush downstairs, picking at my light blue nails. It's one of the things I do when I'm mad. 

"Hey Nai!" I hear when I enter the kitchen. Sitting at the island next to Gigi were the three Ball brothers, eating my mom's pancakes.

"Hey... Who said y'all could eat my momma's food?" I ask, sitting in the empty seat next to Melo. I give him a quick kiss before my food was set in front of me.

"I said they could. You don't start making orders till you start paying the bills." Mom says, making the guys laugh. 

"Oh, so y'all think that's funny?" I ask, which makes them laugh even harder. 

"Naiara, where's your sister?" Mom asks.

"Gigi's right there." I say, pointing to her.

"Don't play with me."

"You talking about Bianka?" I ask, which earns me a slap upside the head. "If you're talking about Natalia, I don't know where she's at."

"Thank you, that's all I wanted to hear." She says, walking into the living room. Melo takes one of my pancakes and eats them, and I look at him like he's crazy.

"What the- why?" I ask him.

"It's good!" Melo says, shrugging. I steal one from his plate, and then one from Gelo's plate cause I'm extra. 

"Okay, that was messed up." Gelo says, making me laugh. I look over at Zo, and he shakes his head.

"Nah little girl, I need this nutrition for summer league." Zo says. 

"Good luck out there." I say with a smile.

"Aw, thanks. You even said it before my own brothers did." Zo says, looking at Melo and Gelo.

"I thought it was an unspoken thing!" Melo says. "But you know, good luck bro."

"Yeah, you gonna do great out there." Gelo adds.

"Look at me, making relationships better, one smile at a time." I say.

"You ugly for that." Melo says. I lightly push him, eating another pancake. Then, we hear yelling.

"There's nothing wrong with this outfit, Mom!" I hear.

"Oh no, here we go." I say, face palming myself.

"I know this is a bad time to say it, but that rhymed." Melo says. I try not to smile at him but fail cause I found it kinda funny. Natalia storms in with Mom at her heels, both of them looking pretty pissed.

"Naiara, please tell your sister that the outfit's inappropriate." Mom says.

"She won't listen to me. I her words, I'm a selfish, attention seeking whore." I say, shrugging.

"What? When did she say this?" 

"Less than ten minutes ago. All cause I was telling the truth, she's being played." I say.

"And I was telling the truth when I called you a selfish bitch." She says, going over to the fridge. I actually took a second to look at her outfit, and she looked like a porn star. Yeah, I said it. And she had a face full of makeup, which wasn't cute.

"Um, what're you wearing, Nat?" Zo asks.

"Don't worry about it. Worry about being number one this time." She says, grabbing some juice.

"Well that was a little bitchy." I mumble. "She didn't mean it." I tell Zo.

"How you gonna know what I mean?" She asks with an attitude. Smart little Gigi takes this opportunity to leave the room, and I wished I could do the same. 

"Can we escape this conversation?" Melo whispers to me.

"I don't know. Wanna try?" I ask. He nods and we both slowly get up, trying to leave the room as quietly as possible.

Then, the doorbell rings, and I groan. Since I was the closest to the door, I had to get it. When I opened the door, I saw Rodrick's bitch ass. 

"Cheater." I greet him.

"Nasty cunt." He fires back. I confronted Rodrick on his little boo the day after the party, and he just laughed, saying he didn't think he'd get caught that quick. This guy really is a dick, and Natalia needs to realize that before it's too late. I led him to the kitchen where he sucked Natalia's face off basically, and everyone else in the room had the same disgusted face.

"Well, we're gonna go anywhere but here. Come on Melo, let's go out somewhere." I say, grabbing his arm.

"I can't drive."

"Then we'll bring Gelo with us!" I exclaim, pulling him outside. Gelo and Zo follow us, and I sigh in frustration. "Well, if you couldn't tell, she didn't exactly believe me."

"Oh really? I didn't notice." Zo says sarcastically. I glare at him.

"Why's she acting like a thot?" Gelo asks.

"I dunno, but I was this close to smacking all that makeup off of her. Who the hell does she think she is?" I ask.

"It's that nigga she with. He got her acting brand new." Melo says, and I nod. 

"How's Daijon doing?" I ask Melo.

"This nigga at home listening to Adele." Melo says, shaking his head.

"Oof, it's that bad?" I ask, and Melo nods. "Well, there's no getting to Natalia at this rate. That nigga brainwashed her or something."

"Come on, let's not worry about her. We're supposed to go on a date today, bae." Melo says, smiling at me.

"Yeah, yeah, Brace Face. Let's go." I say, grabbing his hand. Gelo drives the two of us to the carnival.

"Ooh, a carnival. How romantic." I say, smiling up at him.

"You know, I don't bring just anyone to the carnival." He says to me.

"Oh, so I'm special?" I ask.

"Can you two do all this outta my car? Damn, y'all are cute and annoying." Gelo says, making me laugh. The two of us get out of his car.

"8:00 you two." Gelo says. I nod and Melo just waves him off. Gelo shakes his head and drives off. 

"Come on, I want some funnel cake!" I squeal.

"You always spending my money on food."

~

"Melo! Let's play!" I whine, pulling him over to the basketball game.

"Why you wanna play this?" He asks, putting his arm around my shoulder.

"So I can show you that I'm better than you." I smirk. He smiles wide, showing his braces.

"You're on." He pays the guy for both of us to play.

"If you make ten in under a minute, you get the big prizes." The worker says, handing me the balls first.

"Step back, rookie." I say, pushing Melo out the way. I start shooting, but I only make nine out of the ten. Pouting, I look at Melo. "You still can't beat me."

"Watch and learn." He says, starting to shoot. He makes all ten, and the worker hands him a huge bear. Smiling, Melo gives the bear to me. 

"See? Told you I'm better." Melo says. I smile and kiss him.

"I'm better than you, but thanks for the bear."

Game 1~

"Are y'all ready to win?!" LaVar asks. It's the first game of the summer league, and LaVar made himself honorary coach, which I found hilarious for some reason. And it worked out cause our actual coach was sick today.

"Yeah!" We all yelled. 

"Okay, here's what I want. The starters are gonna be LaMelo, Naiara, Iris, Phaquan, and JJ. If y'all don't have fifty points by the end of the first half, you're gonna have a hell of a lot of running to do." LaVar says, making us all nod. It was great I wasn't the only girl on the team, cause hanging with all these boys for a long time could make me go crazy. Iris and I are the only girls, which is cool with me cause she's a good person. Not bitchy like someone we shall not name *cough* Natalia *cough*.

"Captains, get your team ready." LaVar says, looking at Melo and I.

"Gotcha. Come on guys, let's stretch." I say, leading the team to the court. After stretching we got warmed up, starting with layup lines. Looking at the stands, I saw the rest of the Ball family, including Tina, and my family, excluding Natalia. Of course. Honestly, I was surprised my dad wasn't helping LaVar coach today. He's one of those dads, if ya know what I mean.

"You gonna score something today?" Melo teases.

"Depends on if you play defense and pass, bae." I say, smiling at him. He gives me a look and I laugh.

The refs blow the whistle and we get in the last huddle before the game.

"Y'all go out there, show 'em what you got, and let's get this W!" LaVar says. The starting five goes onto the court and we get ready for the start of the game. The whistle is blown and JJ jumps for the ball, smacking it toward me. I catch it and start dribbling down the court.

Time to ball.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

249K 3.4K 43
[PROFANITY AND SEXUAL ACTIVITY] Best friends since childhood. Lovers forever? Welcome to the story of Alessandra and Lonzo♥️. Disclaimer: th...
456K 9.6K 44
in which a girl is ranked number one for her basketball skills and so is a boy and they meet one day and instantly fall in love , but will there Care...
67.1K 751 46
LaMelo was a basketball star. Goofy and carefree. He never really cared for relationships after the ones he's been in previously. Mariah was a talent...
21.3K 296 30
What will happen when Safarii spots something she wants but can't have? Simple she snatches it.