~3~

April 2017~ 2 months before the 2017 NBA Draft

"You ready for the tournament tomorrow?" Lavar asks me as I shoot hoops at his court with Gelo

"If I'm not ready, I'd be surprised. I was in ice all day yesterday after all that stuff Dad was having me do." I say, shooting the ball.

"You better win tomorrow." Gelo says, and I roll my eyes.

"I beat you in one-on-one, didn't I?" I smirk, passing him the ball.

"You didn't win, I was sick that day, and off my game."

"Boy, that's not an excuse! We the Ball family, we never lose!" Lavar says, making me laugh.

"Yeah, never lose!" I laugh. "Are y'all coming tomorrow?"

"Of course, we can't miss your big day! If you win, you'll be the best female in America!"

"Best young female in America." I say. shooting the ball again.

"Well, your dad told me to train you today so you can prepare for tomorrow." Lavar says. I groan.

"Again? I'm not gonna be able to play tomorrow if I keep training like this." I whine.

"Gelo, did you ever win by giving up?" Lavar asks Gelo. He shakes his head no. "Exactly! Keep pushing, work hard!" I shake my head and smile.

"Fine, fine. What we bout to do?" I ask. After six hours of gruelling exercise, I collapse on the court, breathing heavily.

"Does he do this with y'all all the time?" I ask Gelo.

"Mhm. Why you think we look like this?" Gelo says, flexing.

"Dude, where's the muscle? There's nothing there." I say, poking his arm.

"Shut up." He says, pushing me over. 

"You staying for dinner?" Lavar asks.

"I would, but I gotta go shower and all that. Thanks for helping me, though." I say with a smile.

"See you tomorrow, Naiara." Gelo says, and I walk home. When I get inside, I hear yelling.

"That's my hairbrush!"

"No, it's mine!"

"Girls, stop yelling!"

"Ay dios mio." I facepalm myself before taking a shower and changing into my pajamas.

"Mami! Que hay para cenar?" I ask.

"Quesadillas!" She says. I smile and sit at the table, and then my phone buzzes.

LaMelo the Ankle Bully: 

Ready for tomorrow?

Me: