A Drop In The Ocean (A Zayn M...

By MyOwnSelf

What began as just an ordinary day for one Elena Gates is turned upside down when she sees an unfamiliar boy... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Authors Note PLEASE READ!
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Epilogue
Acknowledgements

Chapter 4

31.5K 758 184
By MyOwnSelf

A/N: GREETINGS! Everyone says 'hey and 'hi' and 'hello' so, I SHALL SAY GREETINGS!

Sorry that this update is so late, but my laptop decided to be stupid, and not work. :(

This is dedicated to my friend Autumn!! WOOHOO! NIALL HORAN AND NUTELLA!!! Her name on here is xSingLoveLaughx, so GO CHECK OUT HER AMAZING STORIES!! She is awesome. That is a fact.

Autumn tweeted the video in the sidebar and i instantly fell in love with it. WATCH IT. IT IS MAGICAL.

GO FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER @MusicGleeand1D!!

Oh, and don't forget to comment! I want to know your thoughts about my story!!

-Grace xx

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                                    ***Zayn’s P.O.V.***

Elena was all I could think about as I was going to bed. Today has been just one huge shock. I almost died! And I easily could have, if not for one girl.

And her name is Elena. I lay in the dark looking at her figure in the inky blackness. Her breathing was slowing down, and soon I could tell she was fast asleep. Today must have been more stressful for her than anyone.

I couldn’t help but feel guilty. I mean, technically her saving me was her first kiss. Well, it wasn’t really a kiss, but I’m pretty sure it counted. And I wasn’t even conscious!

But, still, the thought of her soft looking lips on mine brought me the chills.

I felt absolutely horrible about yelling at her, and pushing her down. How could I have done that? I guess I didn’t really know what was going on, but I still beat myself up for it. She must hate me.

But if she hated me then why would she let me stay the night in her hotel room? And why would she have saved me if she didn’t like me enough for me to be worth saving?

There’s only one answer. She’s just a good person.

Well of course she’s a good person, Zayn! She saved someone she didn’t even know’s life. At first I assumed she only did it because she knew I was Zayn Malik from One Direction, but then when she didn’t know who we were I decided she did it for the bragging rights of ‘I saved someone’s life, and the turned out to be a pop star’ Oh wait, she still doesn’t know we’re famous… Crap.

Maybe we shouldn’t tell her. But if we don’t, she’ll probably find out some other way. Through one of her friends or something. So we have to tell her. I’ll do that first thing tomorrow morning. Decision made.

But, that wasn’t the only thing about her. I’d only known her for a couple of hours, and most of the time I wasn’t conscious.

But when I looked into her eyes, I felt something. Something in the pit of my stomach telling me that she belongs in my life.

And I absolutely agree with that feeling.

I don’t know what it is about her that draws me to her. Maybe it’s her bravery, or selflessness, or just her immense kindness. But either way, I had to get to know her. There’s no way I’m letting her go. Never.

It might sound strange to have such strong feelings for her when I’ve barely spoken to her at all, but when I look in her eyes it’s like…

Like we’re meant for each other. Sounds crazy, huh?

That’s another thing I like about her. Her beautiful eyes. They send me to somewhere far away. Like I’m in some kind of paradise. They’re a cool ice blue, like the ocean, and pure as can be. An untainted soul.

But I could also see secrets in them. Hidden so deep that only the right person could reveal them. There were heavy burdens that she needs to unload, but is too afraid to.

I got all of that from one glance into her eyes. She needs someone.

And I want to be that one.

I have this urge to just pick her up and hold her in my arms. To take care of her, to hurt anything that dares to touch her. And I want to feel her lips resting against mine, and I want to be the one she calls hers.

I want her to trust me. But I can tell she’s not the kind of person who will just give out her trust. I need to earn it. And I will.

If it’s the last thing I do.

I slowly drifted into a land of dreams full of her face, thinking of the ways I could treat her like a princess and call her my own.

                                                                    ***Elena’s P.O.V.***

I woke to whispers all around me.

“Aww, she looks so cute when she’s sleeping!” Was that Louis...?

“Shut up Lou, you’ll wake her!” That sounded like Harry.

“Yeah, and besides Zayn likes her-“

“SHUT UP!” That was defiantly Zayn. Wow, these boys are horrible at whispering. WAIT, WHAT?!?

I shot up straight in bed and looked around me to see four boys sitting on the edges of my bed, and Zayn a few feet behind them coming from the bathroom, wearing a pair of gray sweatpants

And he was shirtless.

Okay Elena, you can do this. Just look away. Oh, but look at that six pack! And those muscles… SHUT UP! Oh god, he can see me staring. LOOK AWAY IMMEDIATELY!! But I can’t…

He smirked and said, “Like what you see?” Oh shit, Elena! Don’t blush! GOD ELENA, JUST DON’T BLUSH!

And now I’m blushing. Why must my face betray me?

I gathered myself and decided to just deny everything. “No. I’m wondering what you’re doing out of bed. You need rest.”

His smile faltered a little, but he said “I’m fine, love. Just a few bruises.”

I got out of bed and started walking slowly towards him intimidatingly. “Oh really? So are you saying that the huge bump on your head isn’t giving you a head ache? And your throat isn’t sore from being filled with saltwater?” He narrowed his eyes at me, and I knew I was right. I smirked at him and pointed towards the bed.

He walked towards it and put some pillows on the headboard to sit himself up. When he did, he sat down, smiled, saying “Happy?”

“Yes!” I said, in overly fake enthusiasm, smilng brightly, and he chuckled. I walked over to my bag and grabbed some Tylenol, tossing it to him saying "Here," He swallowed it dry, and I turned to scold the rest of them who had been silently watching our conversation.

“Okay, how did you guys get in here?”

Liam’s eyes grew wide and Louis smiled knowingly.

“Yesterday when we left Liam forgot to give you back your key card, so I stole it from him and we snuck in.” Louis answered, casually like he did this every day.

I raised one eyebrow at him, “And how long exactly were you being creepers and watching me sleep?”

“Long enough to hear you talk in your sleep.” He smirked.

Oh crap! What did they hear? My eyes widened and his smirk just grew wider.

“Why didn’t you tell us you think we’re super hot and you want to make out with me?”

OH SHIT. Wait, I so did not say that!

“You’re such a liar Louis!” I reached over to my bed and grabbed a pillow. I threw it at Louis’ head so hard he fell off the edge of the bed. Oh, sweet, sweet revenge.

He made a sound that was not quite human as he hit the ground. I smiled sweetly and pranced off to get some clothes.

I changed into a pair of ripped jean shorts and a gray crop with ‘Life’ written on it in sparkly black lettering , a black tank top underneath. I probably won’t be going anywhere today so I didn’t really dress up.

I don’t usually put a lot of make up on so I just put on a coat of mascara and pulled a comb through my hair after brushing my teeth.

When I walked back into the main area of my hotel room all Liam, Harry, Louis, and Niall were sitting in a tight circle around Zayn on his bed, so deep in conversation they didn’t notice I had come in. I shied back for a moment and hid behind the corner of the wall to hear what they were saying. Eavesdropping isn’t a nice thing to do, but hey! They were, sort of, openly speaking about something in MY hotel room, so I have the right too hear it. If they didn’t want me to, they should’ve gone to their room.

“So, what are you gonna do, Zayn?” That was Louis, I think.

“I don’t know! I’ve only known her for a day!” Wait, are they talking about me? Of course they are Elena, whom else would they be talking about? The mean voice in my head scolded me.

“Well, I think you should go for it.” Harry said.

“Maybe, Haz. But I want to get to know her first. I don’t want her to be like all those other girls. She’s special.” Huh? How am I in any way ‘special’? Okay, now I’m thoroughly confused.

I leaned back and shut the bathroom door loudly so they knew I was coming.

“Shh, she’s coming!” Zayn hissed to the rest under his breath.

I walked into the room, hopefully looking as nonchalant as I thought I did. They were all facing my way with innocent expressions on their faces, but I could tell they were hiding something. I strolled in and took the only open seat at the end of the bed and spoke up, “What’s up?

“Nothing.” Harry answered to quickly. They all turned to give him a short glare then turned back to where I had raised an eyebrow.

“Care to explain?”

“Nope.” Louis said bluntly.

“Okay.” I shrugged my shoulders and brushed it off. They all looked relieved that I dropped it and I continued, “So, what are you guys doing today?”

“I dunno. Liam?” Niall prompted his English friend.

“We don’t really have anything to do. What do you think?” He looked to the other boys for assistance.

"I could show you around, if you'd like." I offered them.

"Sure, that'd be great. Is Zayn fine to come, though?" Mentioning Zayn caused a wave of worry to cross Liam's face. I could see that these boys were truly like brothers. I admired that they stuck together.

"Well," I started, looking at Zayn," Do you have a headache anymore?"

"No." He responded.

"Any aches or pains?" I furthered my earlier question.

"Nope."

"Then, I guess it's up to him." I concluded, glancing at the boys, ending up gazing Zayn in the eyes. They were such a deep chocolate brown, you wouldn't even believe it unless you saw them in person. It's nearly impossible to not get lost in them.

The corners of his full lips turned up into an excited smile as he said, "I'm perfectly fine."

"Alrighty, then." I took a deep breath, tearing my gaze away from him and said, "Do you guys have a car?"

"Yeah, Paul said he dropped one off in the parking lot, and left the keys at the front desk." Replied Liam.

I cocked my head to the side, "Who's Paul?"

All of their eyes grew wide as they realized what Liam had said.

"No one..." Louis trailed off, seeing if I believed him. But I obviously didn't. Although, I ignored it since whoever this Paul guy is, it's none of my buisness

"Mhm, sure he is." I raised my eyes and crossed my arms, waiting to see if they trusted me enough to explain. But i guess not, since all five just put on fake, and uneasy smiles. Shrugging it off, i went over to grab my black clutch purse that had just enough room to fit in my phone, wallet, extra key card, and some chapstick, walking towards the door.

"I'll be waiting in the lobby!" I called back to them, opening the door and walking out.

"Waiting for what?" Louis asked me, tilting his head. He looked like a puppy doing that.

I turned and looked at them from the door frame, they had all stood up from the bed, and were watching me from across the room. I answered saying, "For Zayn to change." closing the door before they could respond.

It took them about ten minutes for them to get out of the room, and I noticed Harry once, running quickly up to a room on the second floor, which I assumed was Zayn's, then going back down to my room, and knocking on the door for someone to let him in, carrying a small black bag.

They filed out of the room, one by one, and walked over to me. Liam in front, followed by Niall, Louis, and Harry, with Zayn at the end. He was dressed in perfectly fitting black jeans resting on his hips, a low, white V-neck tee, his hair styled to a T. Red Supras on his feet, dog tags around his neck, and Aviator sunglasses resting on the colllar of his shirt, he looked like a total badass.

An extremely hot, and sexy badass.

i raised an eyebrow to him at his choice of clothing, but he just smirked and winked cheekily at me in reply. I shook my head slightly and turned to where Liam was now talking to the man at the front desk

This would surely be a very interesting day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment! Vote! Fan! TELL ME THOSE BRILLIANT LITTLE THOUGHTS FLOATING AROUND YOUR MIND RIGHT NOW!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 56 10
A story based on the song "Lifetime" by Ben & Ben. THE WHOLE STORY WOULD BE BASED ON ROSร‰'S POV ONLY "Was there a lifetime waiting for us? All this t...
2.9K 158 5
Fate is a fickle, miserable thing. One boy trying to run away from its clutches. One girl trying to gather all its broken pieces together. ๐—”๐—น๐—ฒ๐˜…๐—ถ...
31.4K 603 23
Evelyn is suffering from depression. After texting the wrong number, she finds Harry Styles. He continues to text her, and try to cheer her up while...
2.2M 40.2K 33
Rebecca Grace Irwin is the sister of Australian superstar Ashton Irwin. The pair have been seperated for the past six years since their parents divor...