Insecure (Completed)

By officialtajaj

in·se·cure ˌinsəˈkyo͝or/ adjective 
(of a person) not confident or assured; uncertain and anxious. Yazmine Ca... More

1
Author's Note
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
Thank You for Reading 😊

8

66.5K 3.7K 2.2K
By officialtajaj

Devonte

When classes started on Monday, I was low key glad. I hadn't been doing shit but playing 2k over the weekend. I mean, I messed around with some of my songs, and I visited Bre, to make sure she ate and shit, but that was basically it.

My first class was Spanish, and I hated that shit. But I needed this degree. When I walked into class, ten minutes late, all eyes were on me. The professor was a tall woman, made taller by her heels. She looked young, couldn't have been over thirty, and she was pretty, with tan skin, glossed lips, and long curly blond hair. Before she turned around I saw that she had ass. Her shit was fat. Her name was Maria Gomez.

"Nice of you to join us," Gomez said, looking me in the eye. College professors loved putting people on the spot, but I was used to the shit so I just gave her a mug and found a seat. She was acting like we were gonna do shit in the class on the first day.

The first day of classes were a real life waste of time. As Professor Gomez went over the syllabus, I zoned out.

"And what is my policy on tardiness to class, Senor Taylor?" That was from Gomez. My last name was Taylor but shit, I was sure I wasn't the only person with Taylor as their last name.

"Devonte Taylor?"

I looked up. "Si?"

"What's my policy on tardiness?"

The bitch was just being petty now. But, a nigga needed an A. Not that I would get one, since me and Spanish ain't get along, but every participation point counts. I already read her syllabus over the weekend so I answered without glancing at the handout. "Three tardies is an absence."

I could tell me and Senora Gomez were gonna be beefing, all semester '18.

When class was over, I popped up from my seat, ready to bounce. Gomez had other ideas. "Devonte, can I speak to you?"

I watched everyone else walk out the classroom to their freedom. "Yeah."

Here we go. Professor Gomez closed the door behind the last student, leaving her and I in the classroom alone.

She sat down on the desk, and her skirt went up a couple inches. I tried not to look, but shit. Even though her attitude was nasty, she was bad.

"I saw your grades from Spanish 102 and I was not impressed. In fact, I almost recommended you repeat 102 instead of joining my class, but I was told that you worked hard and with a little extra help, you would be fine at the 200 level." She licked her lips. "Do you feel comfortable at the 200 level?"

"Yeah."

"If, and that's a big if, you are positive, I'm recommending that you come to my office hours, every week for help. Starting next week."

I could see she wasn't gonna give me a choice in the matter. "Aight."

"See you Wednesday, Senor Taylor." Now she was biting her lip.

As I walked out, I shook my head. She wanted the D.

Back when me and Cody were cool, he told me a lotta shit about Maria Gomez. He was taking her 201 class as a freshman, since he tested out of the 100 level. Cody actually was good at Spanish, his ass was smart when it came to that shit. But, he liked to go to office hours to get a personal relationship with his professors, for all the recommendations and shit he needed.

That nigga got too personal in Gomez's office hours. Nigga told me when she came, she would moan in Spanish. So I already knew what was up when it came to office hours. I ain't have no problem with Professor pussy, but I was straight at the moment. Later in the semester when my grades started dipping I might consider it though. Desperate times and shit.

After Spanish, I didn't have no classes until after lunch so I decided to get food. I didn't have a meal plan, so I had to pay for the cafe. I weighed paying the $4.25 versus eating at Subway or some shit and decided to save that fucking money.

Trey called me when I was on my way to the cafe. "What nigga?" That was how I answered the phone.

"You out?"

"Yeah I'm about to hit the cafe. Why?"

"That shit nasty, bruh. I got some hot wings if you want some."

He ain't have to tell me twice. "Where you at?"

"The student center."

I hung up and did a 360 and headed towards the student center instead. I spotted Trey's big ass easily. He was sitting at a table with Lamar and some girls. When I got closer, I saw it was Amari and Yaz.

This nigga! Always with Amari's ass, I was starting to think he liked her. He barely was seen with females in public.

I dapped Trey and Lamar. "My nigga," Trey said, smiling. The nigga was always smiling.

"Hey Devonte," Amari cheesed.

"Hey," was all I got from Yaz.

"What's up." I gave a general greeting. Trey handed me a bag, the kind that said Thank You a million times on it. You know what I'm talking about, that bag meant the food was gonna be hitting.

I pulled out a white styrofoam container and popped the bitch open. The spicy smell of perfectly seasoned wings escaped from the plate. He even got me fries. Now I was saying, "My nigga!" I dapped his ass up. Had my ranch and shit in there too.

"So how was your first class, freshmen?" Trey asked.

"I actually did two classes, already. Me and Amari had an 8 AM." Yaz spoke up.

"Yeah, yoga. That bitch had me fucked up, I thought the shit was gonna be chill since it was so damn early but nooooo she wanna be doing hard ass poses," Amari ranted.

"Stop," Yaz laughed. "It was fun. Compared to my Cal class I had next. We ain't do shit but I just know it's gonna be hard."

Lamar said, "It really depend on who you take. I had Hunter and that shit was a breeze."

"I don't have Hunter I have Wentingworth."

"Ahhh shit," Trey laughed. "Yeah she hard as fuck. I cheated my ass off in her class."

"And yo ass still got a C," Lamar said.

I was listening to the conversation, but I wasn't participating. I was concentrating on my wings.

"Trey? Is that yo big headed ass?" Keisha, this girl we knew last semester came over, with Zari, her friend.

"Oh shit, Keisha!" Trey got up and gave her a hug, then Zari. "What y'all about to get into?" He looked at her, licking her lips.

Keisha was looking good as hell. She was lightskin, with eyes so dark brown they looked black. Long red hair tumbled down her back. She wore tight ass jeans and a plain white tee, a thin gold chain dangling from her neck.

Zari answered for them. "A nap," she laughed, flashing her braces. She was bad too, with her chocolate skin and short haircut. Thick too. Her bodysuit wasn't hiding nothing.

"Oh, aight. This Amari, and Yaz." Trey introduced them. "And that's Keisha and Zari."

"Hey. Y'all transfers?" Keisha asked.

"Nah, this our first year." Amari answered.

"Awww," Keisha cooed. "Freshmen."

"Welcome to Unity," Zari said. She gave a wave and started to walk off. "See you around."

"Let me bounce too," Keisha said.

"I'm a text you," Trey said and she nodded.

They walked off. "So Tae, what was up with Spanish? You in 201, right?" Trey directed the conversation to me.

"Aye that's Gomez!" Lamar added.

"Yeah. It was straight. Gomez tried to embarrass me, though. Then she told me to come to office hours."

Trey and Lamar busted out laughing while the girls looked confused.

"Yoooooo," Trey said through his laughter. "You bouta be in them cheeks!"

"I shudda took Spanish, Gomez got ass for days, shit." Lamar shook his head.

"Man, fuck Gomez. Her ass was trying me all class," I complained.

Amari stood up. "I think I'm a get a nap in too, since someone had me up since 7 AM. Yaz, you cool with walking home when you done? Or you can wait till I come back for my class."

"If she need a ride I got her," Trey said before she could answer.

"Bet. Bye y'all. Bye love," she said hugging Yaz. Then she hugged the rest of us.

After she left, Lamar had a question for Yaz. "So why you doing my man Cody like that Yaz? Froze his ass out like you was Elsa."

At the mention of Cody, my ears perked up. Can't lie, I'm nosy when it comes to this Yaz girl.

She frowned. "Me? He's the one who had me stranded in his room while he went to get some pussy!" Then her eyes got wide like she ain't mean to say allat.

"Wait." I spoke for the first time. "Whachu mean had you stranded?"

Trey was rolling. "Yo, Cody ain't shit, he dipped out and had Yaz up in his room waiting on his ass for two hours!"

"Why the fuck you stayed? Should have Ubered yo ass out after ten minutes, aha," Lamar said.

"It's not funny," Yazmine said softly. They kept laughing, not even hearing her. I looked at her closely. Was she...crying?

I couldn't tell because she stood up quickly. I found myself getting up too, following her as she stormed off aimlessly.

"Aye, where y'all going?" I heard Trey call.

I caught up to Yaz and touched her arm softly. "You good?"

She finally looked at me. "Yeah." Her eyes were watering but no tears leaked.

"What's wrong?"

She shook her head, her braids moving. "Nothing. It's just...I don't know why I went to his room, anyway. I'm so stupid, oh my god."

"No, you not," I lied. Shit, now wasn't the time to tell her Cody was a known fuck nigga and she was dumb as hell for rolling with him. If I said allat, she was just think I was hating.

"I ain't even want him like that. I just wanted to be...friends I guess. I don't know why I'm crying. It's not that serious. I'm fine," she tried to convince herself.

"It's not that serious," I agreed. "So, it ain't even worth the tears." Without even meaning to, I grabbed her face gently, wiping away the tears that finally escaped her eyes. "I hate to see a pretty girl cry."

She stared at me. "You slick nice when you wanna be, Devonte."

Dropping my hands, I mugged her. "Whachu mean, when I wanna be?"

No longer sad, she put a hand on her hip. "Stop acting like you wasn't being dry when I saw you at Shapiro's!"

"Man, I ain't about to argue with you. Yo ass was with Cody, I don't fuck with him."

"Well shit, join the club. What happened between y'all? Y'all act like y'all used to be close."

We started walking, but further away from the table Trey was at instead of returning to it. "Nah, we wasn't close. We was cool," I explained. Yaz thought she was slick, had a nigga out here drying her eyes and shit and then she wanted to know his whole life story.

"And?" She gave me a look.

"And what?"

"Stop playing," she giggled. "Why y'all stop being cool?"

At first I wasn't going to answer. We came to an empty table, a rare find in the always crowded student center and sat down. I was regretting leaving my wings with Trey since it didn't look like I was gonna be going back over there for a minute.

"Was it a girl?" Yazmine wouldn't leave it alone.

"Nah, why females think everything about them. Wasn't no damn girl."

"Was it...he was your plug and you found out he was selling you laced shit?"

"What? You silly." I cracked a half smile. This girl was crazy.

"Was it-"

I cut her off. "Aight, we not about to play no guessing game. It ain't even important." I was tired of talking about that nigga. I had Yaz's weird ass all to myself for the moment.

I had to make it count.

A/N: Professor Gomez wiling, aha! What y'all think of this chapter ?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

160K 9K 61
A girl, haunted by her past was living in solitude. A man, running from his own demons. When their paths collide, the girl wants to run, but the guy...
1.9M 54.5K 34
Ella Marcelle has always been the quiet werewolf girl. All through elementary school and middle school she was bullied because of her weight. But onc...
19.7K 1K 61
NEEDS EDITING Introduction: Stereotypically, girls are portrayed as shy and scared to talk to boys. WELL GUESS WHAT! That's not 100% true, boys get...
350 15 31
I couldn't help but stare at the handsome guy standing in front of me. I wasn't expecting him to notice me, let alone dream of him talking to me. He...