Animals (Loki x reader)

By caughtbyfantasy

You happen to have powers no one else has. Every child dreams of being that powerful and there is this associ... More

Why don't you join us?
A throat ripped open
a dead man is a bad lover
howl of emotion
The Avengers
Spirit of the wild
First love twice
a lost message
a ripped out heart
him next to you
An unknown power
Escape to Asgard
Thank you for reading

Why don't you join me instead?

6K 183 91
By caughtbyfantasy

"You are right. I did not come over just to have my throat ripped open by you, talk about shape shifting after healing myself and leave again. I came to ask you to join me" , he blurted out. You raised your eyebrows in disbelieve.

This was the second man today, offering you to join his little army. Little army? Did Loki have one? And what did this army fight for? Not for world peace, you were sure about this one.

"Do you have an army then? What do you fight for? And why should I join you? I don't know nothing about you but your name and that you are quite powerful" , you asked all the questions wandering around your brain.

"I do not have an army. Why should I need one? I am powerful enough on my own. I fight for peace. Peace for this planet. If I am in charge I will make this humans respect their planet. This is your aim too, isn't it? This should be reason enough for you to join me. We could fight for this aim together!" , he explained. This wasn't enough for you though. This actually was nothing. Only more questions came up.

"And how the hell are you planning to achieve this peace? Without an army? You furthermore didn't tell me who you are! A name is simply not enough" , you revealed your doubts.

"Well ... you could call for all the animals on Midgard and they will be our army. They will fight for us. And then you and I will be there and ..." You disrupted him with an angry snarl.

"I. Am. Not. Going. To. Let. The. Animals.Fight. For. Your. Selfish. Aims!" , you groaned, slowly lowering your head, threatening Loki. He backed off in surprise. He clearly didn't expect you to react like this. He was overthrown by your anger. He had somehow miscalculated your temper.

"You do not differ a slight bit from this self-centred, gutless, reckless coward Stark! You would sacrifice this animals without a blink or a whimper. You would use them for your purpose without ever asking them for their opinion because they are TOO INNOCENT TO MISTRUST ME AND TO DISREGARD MY ORDERS. I THOUGHT YOU WERE DIFFERNT. For a short moment I really thought you were different. I thought I could join you because the aim was right", your voice became louder while talking but in the end you only whispered. Your sad eyes focused on Loki who stared at you rather blankly.

You really had thought that this stranger, this god, would differ from the rest. How naive you had been.

"Uhm..." , he muttered, searching for words.

"Uhm!" , you hissed, rushing to the door in such a fast pace that Hades nearly fell of your shoulder. With an angry groan you ripped the door open to make Loki leave.

"Wait!" , he insisted, suddenly standing beside you and slightly touching your arm. You stumbled back, your body boiling with anger. In any other situation you would have been happy about this gesture but not now.

"Don't you dare touch me!" , you snarled. He let his hand sink to his side, his blue eyes had lost their gleam. He seemed somehow hopeless. If you hadn't been that angry you would have hugged him and told him that everything would be good in the end. But you were angry and so you just stared at him.

"I'm very sorry. I didn't think of it that way... I ..."

"YOU DIDN'T THINK AT ALL!" , you interrupted him, clenching your fists.

"I ... I am sorry, Lady (y/n). I really am sorry. I didn't want to make you angry. Really. Just let me think this through. I'm sure there is a way to achieve peace on earth without using your animals" , he tried to calm you down and he looked very cute when he did this. You sighed. How could you possibly be angry at this puppy? Well, you clearly were.

"Send him away! Send him away! Better kill him! Kill him!" , demanded Hades on your shoulder, clacking his beak in excitement.

"I already told you that I can't just kill him!", you snapped at the bird and it shut it's beak, sulkily looking at.

"Don't yell at him" , muttered Loki, reaching out a hand to pet the raven. Hades first withdrew, but then he let this beautiful stranger with the ravenhair touch him and as he was offended by the way you had talked to him he decided to sit on the shoulder of the intruder, just to show his anger. Loki chuckled and continued petting the head of the stubborn raven of yours.

You took a deep breath and slammed the door shut to get rid of the last bit of anger boiling inside you.

"Okay, Loki. Let's go to my sofa, sit down and talk like adults should. Want some tea?" , you asked, stiffly walking over to the couch.

"No, no tea for me. I'm fine" , he mumbled, following you, Hades still on his shoulder. The raven was cuddling with the black hair of Loki. He seemed very happy about the fact that he could hide inside the long hair of this stranger and you worried that he would maybe stay with him, leaving you forever.

"Who are you?" , you asked.

"I already told you. I'm Loki of Asgard, son of Laufey, stepbrother of Thor Odinson, god of mischief" , he exclaimed, seeming kind of frustrated. The Thor thing was new to you, but it didn't help. You hadn't heard of any of them.

"You gave me a name, a title and the name of your stepbrother. But this is not who you are. Those a simple facts about your life, barely touching the surface of your character. You're not dumb Loki, you know what I want from you" , you said in a soft voice. It just felt right to be careful while talking to this good looking stranger who probably had many women adoring him.

"You know ... my life is kind of private. And I'm very surprised that you did never hear about me or my brother before. We are kind of ... you know ...  famous. I'm the bad guy and he's the good boy. He is part of this Avengers thing too" , said Loki, raising an eyebrow.

"Well, I hadn't heard about the Avengers until yesterday, when Tony Stark appeared on my doorstep, demanding me to join this association. Therefore I don't know who is part of the team and I don't know their villains" , you explained. You barely ever got any information where you lived. You didn't have internet, no TV and you couldn't use any kind of phone here. You neither received newspapers or listened to radio programs. If anything happened in this world you were the last one to know it. You only got your information when you left the house to buy things you badly needed. This barely ever happened because you grew your food yourself and always bought big amounts of things when you had to go to the city.

"You didn't hear about me? Not about the attack in New York when I tried to become the ruler of this wretched city? The Avengers stopped me though. We don't really ... you know ... like each other" , he said, looking slightly worried about your potentially bad reaction.

He was wrong to worry about this. You didn't really care that he had attacked New York. You hated this city. It was crowded but still empty. It was cruel and reckless and all about profit. It was everything you hated about the world and even worse.

"The Avengers were strong enough to stop you? I thought you were unbeatable?" , you chuckled, teasing him.

"I did not try hard enough back than! Now I'm stronger and wiser!" , he groaned, his blue eyes showing his rage.

"Calm down, magician" , you said. You were quite sure that you didn't want him to be mad at you. "I still don't know who you are. Why would you want to rule this planet. As a god you must have an own planet to rule."

"It is ... complicated. I'm not the real son of Odin and Thor is older than me. He is the ruler of Asgard since Odin died. I once was meant to rule Jotunheim but I eliminated the whole race of the frost giants and now there's no one left to be ruled. I'm the only frost giant left. I barely ever return to Jotunheim, the place I was born at" , he mumbled. He seemed to have problems revealing all of this to you. It bothered him to tell you this bit of his story and even though you felt that there was a lot more left to be told you decided to stop asking questions about his past. You still had questions though.

"Where is Asgard? And where is Jotunheim? Are those planets or cities? And how the hell did you eliminate a whole race?"

"You could call Asgard a planet if you want to. It is hard to explain the whole universe to you if you have never heard about it before. There is also Midgard. This is where you live. And somehow Jotunheim is on the same level as Midgard. And there is Niflheim, the underworld. It is a rather dark place. But I really do not feel like explaining all of this. You guys do have a book about this world. Just read a book about Norse mythology and your questions will be answered in no time.

"About the elimination thing. Let us not talk about this now. There will be a time during which it will be appropriate to tell you, but not now."

"I will not join your war, Loki" , you said softly , "My aim is not to suppress the human race and to force my view onto them but to eliminate them. You clearly wouldn't like this and I do know that I seem very evil now, but this is just my desire. Get rid of the humans and let the animals stay and rule the planet. They live according to other rules. As soon as all the humans are dead I'll kill myself too, don't you worry. I will not stay on this planet either. It doesn't need us, you know."

"Isn't this a bit ... drastic?" , he asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Says the guy that eliminated a whole race already" , you stated, shrugging.

"This could be discussed. You would definitely be completely wrong if you would join the Avengers. The way you see the world... is not compatible with their view. They would most likely kill you if they ever got to know your opinion. You will be a villain and you can not prevent this from happening. So you could just get rid of the risk of being killed during work and join me instead. I can offer you safety and I would help you achieving some of your goals. I still do not feel like eliminating another race, but I would definitely try to help you make the humans better. I can control minds, manipulate people without them noticing. You would not have to fight this war alone. Doesn't this seem nice?" , he asked.

It indeed did seem nice but you still wouldn't go for it. It would be nice to fight at the side of this attractive man with this strong aura. He would be yours, you could love each other. But... You were far too stubborn. You wouldn't give in. Even though this beautiful god was completely right you couldn't join him. You couldn't just ignore the decision you had made and you didn't want Loki to think the he could modify your opinion just by flicking his fingers.

"No. I'm sorry, Loki. I really am. I still won'tvjoin you" , you stated getting up.

"I can see that you really are sorry. And I'm sure you will change your mind sooner or later. I'll be waiting for you, (y/n). I'll be waiting for you" , he said with a sad voice. Then he got up, breathing a kiss on your cheek and leaving your house. Hades stayed on his shoulder, his eyes resting on you. There was a promise in his gaze. He would come back for you. And so would Loki.

A/N: I try to update every second day but I can't promise anything. I also force myself to write at least 2000 words per chapter. Hope this pleases you guys. On monday school starts again and I'll be busy failing tests so...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 49 16
Loki X reader Y/n is an asgardian who was living an amazing life far away from the city of Asgard with her mother. Her mother was the head of the ser...
13.6K 322 40
Your dad, Tony Stark, invites you to join the Avengers. You fight alongside them during the battle of New York. Falling out of the sky causes you to...
22.7K 597 30
Loki keeps having dreams about a woman he's never met before, until one day he steals the tesseract and teleports to a place he's never seen before...
4.7K 203 7
You've been assigned as Loki's handler and things have been going very well. Almost too well, actually...you find out that Loki has fallen for you an...