Mike Wheeler x Reader

By angry-teen-hotline

What could happen when you move to Hawkins, Indiana? Well, one of two things: 1. You meet the greatest friend... More

Smol Unnecessary Author's Note
Chapter 1: A decision
Chapter 2: New Everything
Chapter 3: New School
Chapter 4: Life in Hawkins
Chapter 5: Confusion
Chapter 6: Change in Perspective
Chapter 7: Broken Friendship
Chapter 8: A Forgiving Friend
Chapter 9: Trees, Jumps, and Bike Rides
Chapter 10: Ice Skating
Chapter 11(͠≖ ͜ʖ͠≖): The Storm
A/N-One desperate boi
Chapter 12: English Projects
Chapter 13: Winter
Chapter 14: Christmas
Chapter 15: The Lake
Chapter 16: A Sleepy Girl
AAAAAHHHHH-A/N
Chapter 17: Sunset
Chapter 18: Back to School
A/N-❤️
Chapter 19: Sleepovaaa
Chapter 20: "I have to."
Chapter 21: More than a Crush?
Chapter 22: AV Club
Chapter 23: Bike Ride, Again
Chapter 24: The Disappearance of Y/N Y/L/N
Yo i love y'all sm-A/N
Chapter 25: Where is she?
Chapter 26: "But she's out here all alone, Will."
Chapter 27: Life in the Upside Down
Chapter 28: A clue?
Chapter 29: A Dream
Chapter 30: The Gate
A/N- WHOMST R U GUYS WHAT
Chapter 32: Astral Projection
Chapter 33: Project MKUltra
Chapter 34: All About Astral Projection
Chapter 35: A Close Call
Chapter 36: "I thought you were dead."
Chapter 37: Bring Us Back
Chapter 38: Pool Day
Chapter 39: A Starry Night
A/N- That's all folks
A/N: ACTUAL NEW BOOK
A/N: ACTUAL NEW BOOK PT. 2
want a good book to read ??

Chapter 31: Channel 7

6.1K 157 103
By angry-teen-hotline

I follow Y/N through the 'upside down' as we've started to call it.

"Almost there." She tells me.

I jump over a large tree branch. I hope that my theory is right. There should be some sort of entrance to this place where Y/N first woke up here. There has to be.

"Okay, just through- Mike?"

Once again, my head feels like it's splitting open. I panic because I know what's going to happen. I'm going to black out again.

"Mike!" She yells in worry as I fall to the ground.

I manage to choke out three words before my body gives into the pain: "Find the gate!"

I gasp and open my eyes. Coughing, I sit up to find that I was...back home? I was laying down on the couch in my living room, the party surrounding me.

"Wha-" I start.

"He's awake, Mrs. Wheeler!" Dustin says with relief.

Lucas keeps me from getting up. "Keep your head down."

"What happened?" Will asks me.

"I'll tell you when my mom leaves." I tell them.

"Oh, honey I was so worried. Why didn't you go to school?" My mom asks.

"I wanted to look for Y/N." I'm too drained to come up with an excuse.

"Oh sweetie, Mrs. Y/L/N told you not to, didn't she?" She chides, pulling me into a hug.

I nod. "Sorry Mom."

"Oh it's okay, just thank God you're okay, Michael." She exhales.

"Do I need to go to the doctor?" I ask.

My mom shakes her head. "No, only if it happens again. It's pretty hot out there, you're probably dehydrated."

"Okay, good." I sigh in relief.

When my mom steps out to answer the phone, I whisper to my friends.

"Once you get home, channel 7. Okay?" I ask quietly.

"Sure, but I can't go home. My mom would flip cause I'm not in school." Dustin says.

"Me too." Will says.

"Me three." Lucas adds.

"Well where'll you go?"

"We'll find somewhere, right?" Dustin says reassuringly.

"Yep." Lucas says as Will nods in agreement.

"Well alright." I shrug.

As if on cue, my mom rushes back into the room.

"Now, you boys go straight home, okay? Your parents know you're not in school. They're expecting you." She says sternly.

Dustin mutters a curse.

"Okay, sorry Mrs. Wheeler." Lucas says as the three head out the door, closing it with a light bang.

"Michael, I don't want you ever to pull something like that again, understand?"

I nod.

"Okay, good. The police are doing everything they can. I know Y/N's mom has been looking nonstop. We have to trust them." She says.

"But for now, we have to get some fluids in you, hon. You can't faint again."

I nod again. "Mom, I'm feeling kind of tired, do you think I could just lie down for awhile?"

"Sure honey." She says warily.
"Okay, thanks mom." I say, heading toward my room.

As soon as I get in my room, I lock the door and plop onto my bed with my backpack. My supercomm is out and my bag is on the floor in seconds.

"Guys, it's me. Over." I say into my radio.

"Dustin here."

"What's up?" Lucas asks.

"What happened?" Will asks.

I didn't say anything, but I was really grateful that they're such good friends to me. They're always there for me as soon as I ask. They're the best.

"Okay, so what did you do when I disappeared?" I ask.

"What?" Lucas asks.

"You didn't disappear, man." Dustin says.

"What?" I ask. I figured I couldn't be in two places at once. Was it just a dream?

"Didn't it just feel like you fell asleep?" Will says.

"No, I...I thought I saw Y/N."

"Like, a dream?" Dustin asks.

"No, no...it was definitely real." I respond. "What did I look like when I was unconscious?"

"Uh...unconscious." Dustin says.

"But actually, now that I think of it...the color kind of faded from you." Lucas says.

"Like, pale?" I wonder.

"No, no, you looked...gray." Lucas says.

"Gray?" I repeat.

"Yeah. It was weird, man." Lucas says.

"But I was with Y/N! It felt so real! But I guess I can't be in two places at once." I say defeated.

"What do you mean you were with Y/N?" Will asks.

"Well, I woke up in the upside down and-"

"Upside down?"

"It's like Hawkins but it's dark and cold. Kind of sucks."

"Oh. Is that where she disappeared to?" Dustin says.

"Yeah. So anyways, I woke up and I heard someone running from something. Panting and sprinting. So I called to the person, and when she came out of the woods I saw it was Y/N. We hid from what was chasing her. I...I got a look at it. It was like a man, but it was too tall. It's skin was dark and veiny." I shutter.

"You sure this wasn't a dream?" Lucas asks.

"Positive." I say confidently.

"But...how could you be unconscious here, but perfectly awake in the Upside Down?" Will wonders aloud.

"I...I don't know." I admit. "But I'm sure it was real."

Silence follows. After a second or two, Dustin asks a question.

"Wait a minute...Lucas, you said his body was almost colorless?"

"Yeah, why?" He responds.

"And Mike, you're absolutely positive you were awake in the Upside shmown or whatever?"

"Upside down, and yes." I say.

"Meet me at the library. Right now. Over and out." He says quickly.

"Wait, what?" I say to no one. My mom would never let me go out right now! Unless...

"Mom, I'm going to pick up my work from school." I say, heading to the garage.

"Oh no sweetie, you're staying right here." She says, emerging from the living room. "I'll pick it up myself."

"Mom, please? I feel fine! Really! I want some fresh air. Please?" I ask.

She studies my face while I try not to look guilty.

"Oh, alright, but be careful!" She warns.

I grin at her. "Thanks mom."

I ride furiously to the library, my legs on fire and my eyes wet from the wind rushing in my face.

The party is waiting at the first table.

"Dude, what took you so long?" Dustin asks impatiently.

"I had to convince my mom to let me go." I say. "Now, what's up?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 61.4K 38
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
13.3K 234 14
Nicky, Ricky, Ricky & Dawn are quadruplets. What will happen when a girl moves to town and meets them? Y/N is new to town. You will start close to V...
861K 52.9K 117
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
1.3M 51.7K 55
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...