One Too Many

By RogueBeautyQueen

Warning! (Rated R) Second Warning! This is not your normal love story. It will leave you emotionally frustrat... More

Warning!
Chapter One
Chapter 2
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Unlucky Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Way Over Due...

Chapter Twenty Two

11.6K 407 42
By RogueBeautyQueen

Olin tried his best to keep his cool as he sat in the crowded waiting room. Cassandra sighed and prayed that he would keep his comments to himself. Her pray was semi answered, "So, it's a girl?" She nodded as she looked down. "What are you going to name her?"

She sighed and silently counted to three, "Jackson Rose Lambert."

"I like it. Can I call her JR for short?"

Cassandra scoffed, "No, because you won't be seeing her."

Olin swallowed loudly, "Why?"

She locked her eyes on his painful face, "I can take being hurt by you all day long, but.. You hurt someone else when you turned your back on me. You judge where I live, and my prenatal care as though it's nothing. I'm trying the best that I can with what I have.. Obviously I'm still not good enough to keep around for you to care about. So please spare me your looks and judgmental words, and leave."

"I'm sorry for my uncaring comments, they are not directed towards you. I'm ashamed how you are living because of me. None of this is your fault. Please let me take you to a real doctor."

Her lip quivered as she spoke, "Oh no Olin, I've been doing okay without you. I can't afford the rug to be pulled out from under me again."

"I would never do that again!"

Cassandra nervously looked around the waiting room to see if anyone heard them, "I know, because I'm not putting myself in that situation again."

He lightly grasped her hand, "I still love you.."

She carelessly smirked, "Poor you.."

"You don't believe me?"

"Nope."

"Then why am I here?"

"So you can gain my trust. Have me put your name on the birth certificate and take her after you prove what an unfit mother I am, and you and your bitch of a wife Vicki raise her as your own."

Olin couldn't believe what she was saying, " Cassandra, Vicki and I.."

"Spare me. She told me Olin. Just drop it."

Olin grasped her hand tighter, "What did you say?"

Cassandra's chest heaved as she looked at him squeezing her hand, "She told me. You only slept with me to get me pregnant, then take it so you would have children."  Olin wanted to scream at the top of his lungs for her to know the truth. "I feel like such a fool to believe that you loved me."

"Cassandra, look at me know." She turned her pained face to him, "I'm divorcing Vicki."

She searched his face for deceit, "I don't care Olin, your personal life means nothing to me."

He talked through pressed teeth, "Cassandra.."

"Cassandra Lambert?!"

She eased off of the seat and Olin followed. The nurse smiled, "Hello Cassandra. Who is this?"

Cassandra glared to Olin, "Nobody."

Olin sighed and pursed his lips. He turned to the nurse, "I'm.. an Asshole.."

The nurse raised her amused eyebrows, "Oh? We see plenty of those from time to time in here. Nice to meet you Mr. Asshole."

Cassandra smirked at both the nurse and Olin. He caught her in the corner of his eye and turned to her. She quickly turned away to hide her smile.

************
The doctor studied Cassandra's reflexes as he shined a light into her eyes, "Everything seems normal. You said you hit your head?"

"Yes."

"How did it happen?" The doctor cut his eyes back and forth to the couple.

"I fell while I was running."

"Running from what?"

Olin sighed, "I didn't abuse her."

The doctor crossed his arms, "No one said that you did, but I have to ask these questions for her protection."

Olin eased his expression, "I'm sorry. Please proceed."

The doctor turned back to Cassandra, "What other symptoms have you had?"

"My grip.. It seems weaker."

"Hmm.. I think it's nothing. "Probably just a concussion. Just try to rest the next couple of days."

Cassandra nervously nodded and eased off of the table until Olin stopped her, "Whoa! Wait, no CT scan, or X-ray?"

The doctor sighed, "I do not have the resources for those requests here!"

Olin turned to Cassandra, "Come on, please let me take you to the hospital."

"Olin. I can't afford that."

"Damn it! I'll pay your bill!" He back off as he noticed her fear returning. "I'm sorry to raise my voice."

The doctor rolled his eyes, "What ever. I need to clear the room for the next patient."

Olin glared at the doctor as he helped Cassandra ease off of the examination table, "Quack.."

Cassandra sighed and grasped his hand and lead him out of the clinic. He was fuming inside, but felt wonderful when she held his hand.

***************

Cassandra nervously looked around her beautiful surroundings. Olin asked her if she was hungry, but didn't think he would take her to one of the most expensive restaurants in town. She glanced down at her clothing and then to other women sitting at opposite tables. Olin carelessly looked over the menu as Cassandra tried to do the same. She whimpered to herself, "Side salad, thirty dollars? Do they have  cheaper kids menu?"

Her attention snapped to the waiter as he spoke, "Ladies first..."

Olin and the waiter waited for her response, "I... I.. I don't know.."

Olin pursed his lips and looked to the waiter, "Can you give us a moment?"

"Certainly." Cassandra stared at the table as Olin spoke, "Are you not hungry?"

"I.. Olin, I can't afford a side item from here. Why did you bring me here?"

"I'm covering lunch, and anything else you need in the future."

Cassandra pressed her eyes and then looked to him. Her heart sank as she spotted an unfriendly familiar face walking towards their table. Cassandra cut her nervous eyes up to Vicki, "Oh, Cassandra! Barefoot pregnant and poor suits you. Don't you think so honey?"

Olin's heart was about to beat out of his chest. He wanted to grab her by the throat and slam her face on the table. "Go away."

Vicki sighed, "I told her the truth. Is she going to put your name on the certificate for our baby?"

Cassandra's eyes widened and she bolted from the table. Olin tried to go after her but was blocked by Vicki, "I told you Olin. I would hurt her, just not physically. Emotional is ten times better."

She chuckled as Olin shoved her out of the way and ran after Cassandra.

***************
Did you like the chapter? "Don't care if you think they are short. Did you like the story line?

Is Cassandra going overboard with her anger towards Olin?

What do you think about Vicki's revenge?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 47.3K 50
⚠ Warning sexual content!!! ⚠ *Book 1 of the "Unexpected Lovestory" Series* She loved her husband more than her last breath. She was blinded, deafene...
13.4K 1K 59
#1 in Adultromance🤭 "She's messing up with my brains again!" Stefano shut his eyes tightly and took a deep breath trying to fight off the feeling he...
207K 14.3K 42
Enemies to lovers- Boss/employee- Bickering and Bantering- Billionaire romance Second chance romance HEA romance novel If it weren't for bad luck, I'...
7.8K 193 19
"What makes you think a young boy like you could care for a woman like me?" "We all know you danced those fingers inside your virgin cunt to the tho...