End Of The Line // Ralph Dibny

Door breezzer_bree

Not All Buses Reach Their Destination, How Do I Know That? I Was On One... Willow Blakes whole life was norma... Meer

End Of The Line
Chapter 1 - That Night
Chapter 2 - Humble Beginings
Chapter 3 - Still No Father
Chapter 4 - The Scheme
Chapter 5 - Here a Meta-Human, There a Meta-Human.
Chapter 6 - What A Day
Chapter 7 - Carnival Games
Chapter 8 - Bus Rides
Chapter 9 - Insane
Chapter 11 - Not Very Lucky
Bus 405 - Part One
Bus 405 - Part Two
Chapter 12 - A Old 'Friend'
Chapter 13 - Villains?
Chapter 14 - A Good Cop
Chapter 15 - (Former) Mayor Bellows
Chapter 16 - Snake-like Thing With Teeth
Chapter 17 - No, No Love
Chapter 18 - I Need A Drink
Chapter 19 - I'm Not Jealous. You're Jealous
Chapter 20 - Hocus-Pocus?
Chapter 21 - You Will Never Get a Super Suit
Chapter 22 - Petty Lies And Real Truth
Chapter 23 - Secrets
Chapter 24 - You Big Baby
Chapter 25 - Clifford DeVoe
Chapter 26 - Shrimp? I hate it
Chapter 27 - The Date
Chapter 28 - Me, Wrong?
Chapter 29 - Flipping Nazi's
Chapter 30 - Death Doesn't Come That Easily
Merry Frickin Christmas (One-shot)
Chapter 31 - No More Lies
Chapter 32 - One time in an alleyway...
Chapter 33 - When The Mask Falls Away
Chapter 34 - Helpless
Chapter 35 - The Grim Reaper
EOTL ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY! + One Shot!
Chapter 36 - You Won't Believe This False Hope
-Announcement-

Chapter 10 - Drinking to Country Music

1.6K 47 24
Door breezzer_bree

Weeks Later

--------------------------------

Marlize DeVoe

Clifford sat in his chair staring at the screen. He must have been so deep in thought that he hadn't heard me enter the space.

"Clifford?" I called and the chair I had built him levitated towards me.

"This shouldn't have happened." He emotionlessly stated. "She wasn't supposed to be on that bus!"

"Who my love?" I wondered.

"My own student. Willow Blake." He mused. "One of my first miscalculations was her emotions. She was supposed to be more hung up on the fact that she was held, hostage. The first and last time I will try and calculate for emotion!"

"Emotions can be complexed things," I informed.

"They are a human error!" He yelled looking into my eyes, "I will ensure it will disappear after the enlightenment."

I gulped and looked down, "Surely our affection is not an error?"

He stared at me with conflicted eyes and sighed, "No. it is not."

I smiled and walked up to him, "I am sure your plan will work out even though the girl has powers. We'll keep an eye on her."

"She could mess up the whole plan," Clifford stated.

"You could take her powers if she intervenes," I reassured.

"Or I could do away with her now." The screen focused on Willow walking through the streets of Central City.

"We do not kill unless necessary." I reminded, "this is not necessary yet." I said pointing to the screen. "She probably doesn't even know of her abilities."

"We don't even know of her powers!" He stated. "She is a variable! An unknown!"

"You shall see her Clifford, she is your student, you will see her in mere hours!" I informed loudly. I hated the idea of killing a seemingly innocent person whose fate hasn't been set yet.

"I will have to recalculate everything to account for her!"

"I have faith in your abilities, Clifford. I am sure you will think of something."

-------------------------------------

Willow

I pranced throughout the streets of downtown making my way to my friend Izzy's gig. We had met at the hospital and had a seemingly instant connection... for we both had discovered that we were in fact meta-humans. I had helped her escape unnoticed and in return, she offered me a 'thanks you' coffee, and after that, I realized we could be good friends.

I kinda felt bad about me and Iris's relationship, I had blocked her but it wasn't because she had lied to me, it was because I felt that she still was and the so-called truth she had told me was only a piece of what she was hiding. When she said it I could tell it was only the surface of her secret life. I wanted to find out more about her, what was Iris hiding?

Sadly the only solution that popped up was to go back to Ralph Dibny, and I wasn't going to do that. It seemed that time after time he would never change, heck, the last time I saw him he was still the same as how I left him, maybe even worse.

I hated how everyone I cared for let me down in one way or another.

I sighed and opened the door to The Busted Saddle. The last couple nights Izzy's music career took off and she started playing here, one of the best country joints in the city.

The music filled my ears and vibrated off the walls inside of the building.

"Izzy!" I shouted letting her know of my arrival. Her practice music stopped as I strolled into the room with the stage.

She put down her violin and rushed down the steps and engulfed me in a hug. "Willow!" She smiled releasing me.

"Hey, how's the gig going?" I asked looking around the place.

"Great, they've booked me for another 3 months!"

With the joyful news, I smiled. "I'm so happy for you," I complemented touching her arm. "Do you want to get drinks to celebrate?"

"Oh! another plus side to this place... Drinks!" She said walking over to a table and picking up 2 glasses.

"Wow. They're free?"

"100%" She responded. We laughed and took a sip.

"I have a show in about half hour if you want to stick around." She invited.

"Ya, of course, I'd love to."

"I have got to say, ever since I got these powers my music has gone from here-" She put her hands near her waist, "-To here," she lifted them to her head. "I've felt closer to my music than ever before!"

"That's amazing Izzy!" I cheered, "I'm still learning to control mine."

"Me too, I never know when the surge could come." She admitted.

I lifted my drink signalling cheers, "To being stuck with unimaginable abilities!"

"Here, here!" We clinked glasses and laughed a little.

"I wish my powers helped me with my studies." I sighed.

"Willow, if I had your powers I would go around giving girls beards." She laughed and I giggled and hit her shoulder.

"Iz! that's so mean!"

"I know, but wouldn't that be hilarious!"

I smiled and agreed "It would, but I'm not that evil."

"Come on Willow! If I could make anything I imagined became real I would make some messed up shit."

"It's not real, it's like an illusion." I corrected.

"Still... there would be boys in bikinis everywhere," I laughed at her comment and almost spilt my drink.

"How is that useful for class?" I joked.

"Oh! I got one. Change what the teacher is writing on the board!"

"That's not helpful! All I can do is make mischief!"

People started filling the room and I whispered to Izzy, "We'll continue this later." She nodded and went backstage preparing for her performance.

She came on and cheers erupted from the crowd, I was squished to the back of the room, this was one of her largest turnouts so far.

Through the cheers of the crowd, she sang Something In The Water and her music just felt so, so alive.

When she finished everyone clapped and praised her, some even tossing her some money. She was right, there was something about her music that changed after her powers. I wonder is someday mine will bless me with some fortune. Izzy came down to me pushing through the crowd of cheering fans.

"Wow! I see what you mean!" I yelled over the noise.

"I know! It's.." She paused looking around, "Extraordinary."

We sat and celebrated her big night for a couple hours, drinking and laughing. When I got home there was a letter beside my door. I picked it up and brought it inside, I knew I had a little too much to drink tonight and I felt a headache coming on.

I sighed, "I'll read this later." I threw the paper on the table. I changed into my PJ's and slipped into my bed, and I was out like a light.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

187K 4K 80
My name is Samantha Smith and I am the fastest women alive. When I was 11 I saw my parents murdered by something impossible. I was sent to a care ho...
26.5K 667 18
Barry in his fight with Zoom lost his speed, the evil speedster threatned his family and in a desperate way to saved one of his family member, Barry...
3.6K 38 35
The team at S.T.A.R Labs had a lot on their mind. They were facing a mysterious man who kidnapped metas. So far only one had escaped. Alexis "Alex" B...
299K 9.9K 44
5/--/18: #2 in #theflash 6/- -/19: #7 in #theflash 8/28/19: #1 in #dccomics 5/6/21: #3 in #greenarrow She can control time. Speed it up, slow it down...