Animals (Loki x reader)

By caughtbyfantasy

You happen to have powers no one else has. Every child dreams of being that powerful and there is this associ... More

Why don't you join us?
A throat ripped open
Why don't you join me instead?
howl of emotion
The Avengers
Spirit of the wild
First love twice
a lost message
a ripped out heart
him next to you
An unknown power
Escape to Asgard
Thank you for reading

a dead man is a bad lover

6.1K 230 38
By caughtbyfantasy

"The blood loss...", you mumbled and looked down at your dead intruder curling your lips in disgust when you saw your blood soaked carpet. Sadness and guilt slowly rose inside you and you closed your eyes. You had never felt sorry about killing someone before. It had always been like a bad coincident. It just happened. You had to cover it and well... No one cared. Usually. That's how humanity worked. But this one being had an aura. This man seemed to be special and you only now noticed. Just how he lay there, his eyes closed, his lips opened, showing some kind of surprise. He was godlike and if you overthought the strange dressing he could well be a god.

You had killed a god. It had been years since you had killed anyone and now you had killed such a precious creature.

You bloody hated killing. You had been so happy when you finally gained control over the wolf. The angry, raging wolf. It meant that you could stop killing on accident. The killing itself wasn't the bad thing though. Cleaning up afterwards that was the big problem. The more corpses there are the harder it gets to hide them, obviously.

And here you were, in need of another safe place to hide a body. Disgusting and annoying. And on addition: the dead person was looking impudently good, even with his throat ripped open. Godlike and nearly peaceful. With blood dripping from his throat, but still...

"What to do with the body?" , you mumbled, pushing away every other thought. You sneezed, trying to get rid of the heavy scent of blood. Trying to forget. Forgetting always helps. Forgetting on purpose doesn't ever work though. You knew it wa shopeless. The smell would be stuck in your nose for weeks, especially because your carpet was soaked with it. It would help you to keep in mind, what you had done. It would keep the feeling off guilt nice and fresh. And also the memory of this good looking intruder. So good looking. You wanted to touch him but though it to be inappropriate. You had just killed this man. A dead man is a bad lover, you were sure about this one.

A quiet knocking sound made you lift your head. With great relief you saw Hades flying in front of your window croaking and cursing. Deflection, good. You needed it badly. You hastily got up and opened the window for your little friend.

"Why you closed the window?" , he croaked angrily, his black little eyes glowing.

"I didn't, Hades. It was this guy on my carpet. He closed it" , you explained, pointing to the body of the stranger.

"Oh... He dead?" , croaked Hades tilting his head to get a better look at the man on the ground with the black, shiny hair. They matched Hades feathers perfectly.

"Yes... I killed him" , you mumbled, lowering your head. You were ashamed even though you knew that Hades wouldn't have a problem if you killed the whole humanity. As long as the nice woman that always gave him nuts was still alive, of course.

"Haven't killed anyone in a while, have you. Bad thing. Bad thing, that's what humans say. Yeah, they do. May I take a bite of the intruder?" , croaked Hades.

"NO! You wont eat him, Hades!" , you yelled in disbelief. Hades lowered his head in disappointment.

"What a waste of meat, isn't it. Why?" , he croaked, surprised by your reaction.

"He's far too good looking to be eaten by you!", you hissed, blushing in the progress.

"I could take a bite at a place you can't see. He will stay precious than, won't he?" , croaked Hades, trying his best to convince you.

"No! It's disrespectful to eat him. He was so sure he could defeat me. A brave man. He shouldn't be punished for being brave" , you stated, your face still slightly red.

"May I take a look though? Seems strange, this guy. Strange dressing" , croaked the raven reluctantly and flew over to the stranger without waiting for your answer, muttering something under his breath. With a low croak he landed on the intruders chest and looked at the wound for a while. You used this time to nervously walk up and down your living room and think.

A loud shriek made you jump.

You turned around and gasped.

The man you believed dead had grabbed Hades by the throat. The wound in his own throat wasn't completely gone but healing and his blue eyes glowed with new energy. Hades croaked pitiable.

"HELP (y/n)! HELP! I just wanted to take a small bite! I swear! I sorry! Man still alive!"

"Let the raven go! He didn't do anything! He's not involved in this!" , you yelled at the stranger as soon as you got over the shock which actually took you a few moments.

"This is your pet, cub? I'm surprised. I didn't expect you to have one" , he giggled. His voice still sounded rough but stronger now. He knew he was in charge as long as he had Hades. He knew you would give the whole humanity, just to get Hades back.

"DO SOMETHING, (y/n)! DO SOMETHING!" , croaked Hades in panic, wildly flapping his wings.

"I'm trying, boy! Calm down!" , you yelled back, knowing you should calm down too. Only a calm mind solves problems. This fact didn't help you to relax, though. The fact, that the dead man wasn't dead and had furthermore gabbed you beloved raven around the throat, ready to strangle him every moment, made it very hard to calm down.

"Is he crying for help, your little pet? I'm sure he is. This is very cute. Well, I think I found a way to make you listen. Try to attack me again and your little friend will die!" , he threatened and you knew he meant what he said. You didn't feel like attacking him anyway. You just felt like running away. Far too much had happened today and it slowly got over your head. For the first time in years you had killed someone. Or at least nearly done so. What was wrong with you?

"Okay, cub, listen. I did notice that the mighty Tony Stark did pay you a visit today and I came to the conclusion that he might have the intention to make you an Avenger. Is that so?" , he started, his voice shaking with force. He obviously was a person born to lead others. He was used to being in charge. He could be a king somewhere on this strange planet. Maybe his odd clothes were some sort of uniform he had to wear.

"Yes, he came to ask me" , you answered, obeying his orders. You didn't have any other option that didn't include Hades getting killed.

"I thought so. Well, the fact that you are still here makes me think that you told this arrogant ... person that you don't really feel like joining him. He seemed very grim when he left your house" , said the stranger. You slowly felt as if he had already known the answer to his questions before he even started asking.

"I didn't tell him I wouldn't come. I just demanded a bit more time to think about it" , you answered as a question came to your mind.

"And what is your answer? I'm quite sure you came to a conclusion" , asked the good looking man with a grin.

"I don't feel like answering your questions", you groaned, "but I'll probably continue answering if you would tell me your name!" You knew that you were in no position to demand anything but you really wanted to know the name of the stranger.

"You are indeed brave, cub. Well, in appreciation of this I won't kill your raven. But don't dare to make any more commands! I am Loki of Asgard, son of Laufey and the god of mischief!" , he said with a dramatic wave of the arm in which he held Hades.

"Okay... Well... Hello, Loki. You really are a god?" , you asked, your eyes open wide. You really had ripped a gods throat open. Shit.

"I'll answer your questions as soon as you answered mine. Remember your precious bird" , he said, his eyes showing his impatience.

You decided that you really didn't want to mess around with the god of mischief and therefore answered his question.

"Well, I decided to join the Avengers. Would be selfish if I wouldn't."

Loki stared at you in clear disbelieve but gained control about himself quite fastly, covering his surprise and making his face show no emotion at all.

"I didn't expect you to be ... such a friend of the human race. I actually thought you preferred it to be ... dead", he stated. You raised an eyebrow. He wasn't at all wrong.

"Ehm ... It's quite ... direct to say I hate them. It's more of a ... strong dislike. I mean ... they kill the animals they are meant to take care of. They destroy their planet and all of this only to gain money. It's all about profit after all. Who for Christ's sake cares about the earth aching and yelling for help so urgently. Who cares that we could still save this planet if we just started trying. We just don't give a damn shit about our planet. We just search for someone to blame because it's always good to find someone to blame that isn't you" , you raged, your voice shaking with growing anger. Your inner wolf made you groan once in a while.

Loki stares at you for a while, impressed by your speech.

"Why the hell do you want to join the Avengers if you think about humanity in such bad terms? They rescue the beings you dislike so much. Why would you help them doing so?" , he asked in confusion.

"Because this seems ... human?" , you suggest, knowing that your words were very weak.

"You don't know why you join them" , he observed.

You tilted your head. You had been so sure about joining the Avengers and now this stranger that broke into your flat, had been killed by you and came back to life afterwards, made you doubt everything again. You had thought about this for hours and now you stood there, on your blood soaked carpet, doubting.

"Why are you still alive! You were dead! I saw you. I couldn't feel your pulse!" , you cried out, trying to change the subject. You wouldn't just not join the avengers because this good looking stranger said you didn't fit in there!

He giggled. "You are very bad at checking ones heartbeat" , he chuckled, letting Hades go. The raven flew croaking and cursing to you and placed himself on your shoulders.

"Bad guy! Bad guy! Kill him again! Kill him again!" , he demanded angrily.

"Calm down boy. Calm down. I can't just rip his throat open again" , you muttered, keeping your voice low to provide Loki from hearing this.

"No, I agree. I'd really prefer my throat to stay closed. I healed it so smoothly" , he stated, petting his meanwhile health wound.

"So you weren't dead? And you didn't need my blood to heal yourself?" , you asked in surprise while gently petting Hades.

"No! Did you really believe this, cub? I'm a god. I'm not being killed that easily. I just had fun making you believe I died. God of mischief. Your inability just helped me succeed. But I have to admit that your vicious attack caught me by surprise. You made it somehow unable for me to turn into a wolf myself. You kind of blocked my magic for a second or two. No one ever had this impact on me" , he explained, still stroking his throat.

"You can turn into a wolf? ", you exclaimed in disbelieve, making Hades shake with unwillingness.

"He can't! He just wants you to believe so! He wanna impress you!" , croaked Hades, rubbing his head on your cheeks.

"As I already told you, I'm a god and a frost giant on addition, but this doesn't matter. I can shape shift use magic, read minds and a lot more things. I do have powers far beyond your imagination. But you seem to have an impact on my ability to shape shift into any animal. It didn't work and still doesn't" , he explained, obviously trying to impress you with all the powers he had. He did indeed succeed with this. But not in the way he wanted to. The think that really impressed you was the fact that you could suppress his ability to shape shift. Another thing about your being special you didn't know before.

"Well, it was nice talking to you but I am quite sure you didn't come without any reason. What do you want from me?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.4K 847 11
Loki. He was my best friend. My significant other. My life. I wouldn't trade him for anyone else in the world. I mean, why would I? After the Winter...
134K 2.8K 18
Loki x reader As an agent working for SHIELD I were prepared for anything. Except when Fury sent me on a mission to trick the God of mischief himsel...
542K 17.8K 48
This story is quite opposite of the most I've read since Loki will be babysitting you. You didn't want to be part of the Avengers but you were forced...
117K 3.3K 50
A slow burn fanfic. Marvel, Loki x reader Y/n = your name E/c= eye colour H/c= hair colour This is my first fanfic so please be nice ;) , construct...