King Arthur (2017 Legend of t...

By ModernLiteraryWitch

The new King has been crowned and is now peacefully running the kingdom. The city of Camelot is thriving unde... More

SHOUTOUTS
1. The Crowning
2. Celebration
3. Tailor-Made
4. Missing
5. The Kings Library
6. Gods
7. Abandoned
8. Numb
9. The Round Table
10. The Mage
11. Horse Ride
12. Arthur
13. Knowledge is Power
14. The Academy
15. Dreams
16. Lucy
17. Gossipy Wenches
18. Anxious
19. Distracted
20. Melodramatic
21. The Market
22. The Voice
23. Comatose
24. Realization
25. Mission
26. Home
27. Mages Return
28. Merlin
29. Family Ties
30. The Black Witch
31. Permission
32. The Plan
33. All is Fair
34. In Love and War
35. Love is a Battlefield
36. Resilient
37. The Seer
38. Waking up
39. Blood Mage
40. Trials
42. Intruder
43. The Conversation
44. Just the Two of Us
45. Life Lessons
46. Running
47. The Northmen
48. The Raven
49. The Darkness
50. Death

41. Return

2.2K 86 8
By ModernLiteraryWitch

That night Lucy curled up next to Arthur and held onto him tight with his own arms wrapped securely around her. She loved being in his hold and their time alone with each other would soon be over. She wished she could just stop time and revel in this moment forever. It was a peaceful slice of time where she didn't have her responsibilities weighing on her mind as she let herself relax against his hard body. He was everything she needed, if only she could live in this moment forever, but instead they would soon  be returning to reality. The world had not stopped without them and now, more than ever, she was aware of how much they has missed. Amora's shield had blocked her wandering dreams, and Lucy was well aware that her sister hasn't stopped planning her diluted schemes. Lucy hugged him closer, holding onto the only strength she had left, his.

"This has been my favorite part of this trip." He whispered in her ear. "There is nobody to coming to knock on my door, pulling me away from you." His words had sunk deep into her. They rang true, they hadn't had a profound and endless conversation but rather just spent time being with each other. That meant more to her now than ever because while they had a lot to talk about, they could just physically be there for each other instead.   

"Its my favorite too." She whispered back to him.

"I want you to stay in my room when we get back." He said.

"I don't know," she shook her head, not wanting to think about the future yet. She just wanted to live in this moment. Relish every minute and commit it all to memory.

"Please, don't fight me on this, just let me hold you." He whispered in return, placing a kiss on her forehead and squeezing her tighter to his body. Every contour between them locked perfectly in place. He wanted her to be eternally close, to be apart of him forever, and this was as close as he would get for some time.

"Okay." she breathed out a hesitant sigh. She was never the kind of person who leaned on someone, she only knew how to rely on herself. She trusted Arthur, more than she trusted anybody else, but she still couldn't imagine giving up her entirety to his control, but that was a battle to be fought another day.

Lucy drifted off sometime later after processing her day's events. Arthur's arms stayed securely wrapped around her, keeping her close as she slept peacefully through the night. As morning came and the sun began to rise, she rubbed her face into his neck, peppering it was faint little kisses that made him release a pleasurable groan.

"Mornin' Luce," he drawled sleepily, turning his head to capture her lips in a quick yet passionate kiss.

"Morning," she murmured back to him. 

"This is why I want you to stay with me, so I can wake up to this every morning," he whispered to her between kisses.

"I supppose I could get used to that," she giggled, then he kissed her harder.

He pulled her on top of him, her legs wrapped around him and she straddled him, his kiss becoming more fevorent. "Tell me to stop, before I lose control."

She groaned into him, she didn't want to stop she wanted to be closer to him, be apart of him, but they couldn't. Not here and now anyway. She let the kiss, the need and passion they exuded, continue for a minute longer. "Stop," she whispered, and his lips slowed. When he came to a stop he pressed his forehead into hers and spoke. "I will wait for as long as you need, but I look forward to the day when you ask me to never stop."

"Thank you." She whispered back a faint smile lingering on her lips as she gave him one last kiss then getting up to start their day.

She began packing their things while he make food quick. It was a breakfast she had since grown accustomed to and began daydreaming of the delcacies that awaited them at the castle. Everyday things that she once took for granted now felt like luxuries. She was once again reminded that Arthur was a king, not a common man.

They ate in companionable silence. Arthur let his mind wander to the responsibiltes he had left behind without much of a second thought. He knew his men could handle it without him,its why he entrusted them, but that didn't change the fact that his pursuit of Lucy had affected his priorities. He scolded himself for leaving his throne vulnerable. He then praised himself for protecting someone he loves and cares about. He knew in that moment that this would be a constant battle his priorities of his kingdom over his loved ones. Suddenly he wonder if that was a responsibility he was ready for. Could he handle balancing his job with his personal life?

While Arthur pondered the unknown, Lucy gathered her things and loaded her horse. When she was done and Arthur was catching up she decided to start saying her goodbyes to Amora.

Lucy entered the dingy little cabin that eerily felt like home in the short amount of time she had been here. Amora was packing a satchel with various herbs and food and Lucy joined her side.

"What are you packing?" Lucy asked.

"Just a little go-go package for you. I've included some special herbs you will need for the spells in your book, some food for your travels, and a copy of my spell book for you to keep studying from."

"Aww, Amora, I'm going to miss you." Lucy wrapped her arms around her shoulders.

"I'm going to miss you too dear. Remember to keep practicing your craft, as it is the only way to get stronger." Amora patted Lucy's forearm strewn across her chest lovingly.

"How will I know when I have mastered it?" Lucy inquired, her doubts eating at her.

Amora barked out in laughter, "Hahaha, there is no such thing my dear. Magick and it's craft is always evolving, just like the rest of the world. Because even when you think you know it all, someone else will come along and prove you wrong. Magick is unique, it manifests itself in different ways for everyone. Find your magick and learn it. When you start to feel confident, then study some more because I promise you don't know even the half of it. In the meantime remember that everything happens for a reason and you will get to where you belong in due time."

"Thank you Amora." Lucy squeezed her tighter.

"Your mother would be so proud of the beautiful young lady you have matured into." Amora patted lucys shoulder lovingly.

Arthur stood on the doorway watching them. He hated taking Lucy away from here, she seemed so happy and at peace, but they both had responsibilities to return to. He also worried about Amora. He had done everything that he could to repair her buildings and prepare her for winter, but that did little to alleviate his worry. The aging woman could not survive out here forever and he promised himself they would come back for her.

"Lucy? Are you ready?" He asked and she looked up at him with wet eyes. She hugged Amora one more time before exiting the cottage and mounting her horse.

Amora stopped Arthur before he could turn and follow her. Amora hugged him briefly and whispered in his ear, "keep an eye on her, she will continue to need your strength."

'"Thank you Amora, for helping her. Promise me you will take care of yourself."

"Dont worry about me boy, you have much more important things to worry about."

He bid her goodbye then proceeded to mount his horse beside Lucy and then they were on their way back to Camelot.

_____________________________
Author's Note:       1340 words

Well guys, I'm still alive and still writing, kind of. For the first time all year we have hit a lull in work. I actually worked a regular 40 week without overtime! Wow! For those you who do not understand the significance of that, I'm truly sorry. Needless to say its hard to know how burned out you are until suddenly you have a chance to be. And let me tell you it has caught up with me, I have been nothing but sick the last like 2 1/2 weeks which sucks because I never get sick, like ever. But short story long this story seems to have built some momentum even in my "absence" - (trust me, I'm still on wattpad everyday). 96k views! With (like only 3k votes) I wish I had more votes per chapter, which would make a better ratio but eh, my writing is pretty subpar if you ask me.

So yeah, doing the adulting thing, trying to work on my career, and still keeping at it. I will not give up yet.

Stay strong ❤,
Surviving

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82.2K 3.1K 36
One fine night you could hear the clanking of the armour and four knights draped in chain mail along with a sea green capes came into the castle to m...
1.2K 35 41
(Merlin Fanfiction) An unexpected encounter in the forest introduces Merlin and Arthur to the long-forgotten world of elves that many had thought fad...
1.7K 76 15
"In a land of myth and a time of magic, the future of a great kingdom rests on the shoulders of a powerful man. His name...MERLIN." ☆☆☆☆☆☆ Destiny is...
121K 4.6K 39
Merlin and Arthur. There never was, nor would there be, a pair quite like those two. Arthur, the Once And Future king of Camelot; and Merlin, the gre...