seasons | killmonger

By mochahontaz

"What do you want, N'Jadaka-" "Erik." He corrected, making her smirk. "For someone who is so against the colo... More

BEFORE HAND
PLAYLIST
CHARACTERS
1 | P R O B L E M
2 | M I L K & H O N E Y
3 | L E A D
4 | B A S T
6 | H E A D A C H E
7 | C O N T R O L
8 | F O O D
9 | K I L L M O N G E R
10 | M U S H R O O M T E A
11 | W A T E R
12 | S W E E T H E A R T
P A U S E
F A C E C L A I M C H A N G E
I N F I N I T Y FUCKING W A R
13 | S K I N TO S K I N
14 | F R I E N D S
15 | S C E N T
16 | O P P S
17 | C L A I M E D
18 | Z O L A
19 | P A I N
20 | S H A K E O N I T
21 | G R O W T H
22 | W A L L S
23 | J E A L O U S Y
24 | A P O L O G I Z E
25 | M O O N & S T A R S
26 | S A T I V A & I N D I C A
27 | L A N G U A G E S
28 | J A N E L L E
29 | A D O R E
30 | H A N D S
31 | W E
32 | UNHINGED
33 | M E M O R Y L O C K D O W N
IM NOT GONE
34 | A R R I V A L S |PT.1|
HOE WHY IS YOU HERE
35 | ARRIVALS |PT. 2|
36 | S H A D O W S O N T H E W A L L S
Why Nothing Has Been Updated: Plagarism
37 | R E F L E C T I V E

5 | R E L A X

22.4K 858 605
By mochahontaz

Greatness and beauty do not belong to the gods alone.

~Nigerian Proverb
______________________

Mbali

"I really need this night to go by quickly." I sighed and ran my hands under water, removing any and all traces of makeup that may have gotten on them before officially sliding on the silky blue dress. It had a deep cut going down the valley of my chest— Sanaa suggested that I wore it compared to the other simple silk blue dress I had in mind.

Even after we left from shopping, I begged T'Challa to not let me come in with Erik as his plus one but he didn't buy my begging one bit. I didn't even see Erik for the rest of the day after I left, so I had no clue what he could have been doing; but hopefully he was almost done so we could leave.

I left my braids alone and simply pushed them behind my ears before opening the door to my room, walking around the headquarters to find Erik. Loud American rap was coming from the kitchen, so I instantly knew he was in there.

"Erik, can you hurry up so we can—" I stopped instantly and took in his image. His hair was braided back from when I did it earlier, but he was now in an all black suit with a silk blue patterned scarf that was tied around his neck and draped down to his arm; similar to the red or gold one that T'Challa would occasionally wear.

Even through the suit jacket you could tell that his muscles were toned. I'd be lying if I even said that he didn't look amazing.

"Like what you see, sweetheart?" He smirked, breaking me from my thoughts. I looked him up and down once more before rolling my eyes at him.

"I'm not gonna be an asshole and say that you don't clean up well, because you're obviously capable of doing it."

He chuckled and me and ran his hand across his chin. "I can easily say the same about you, sweetheart. You look... fine as hell; I'm not gonna bullshit you." His eyes stayed on me and I could feel my heartbeat increase and my face warm up.

"Are you ready now? I wanna get this over with." I clapped my hands together, snapping him from his state like how he did with me. Turning off the light, he followed behind me from out of the kitchen, and I could tell he was watching me.

"You being so uptight isn't gonna do anything but make this night longer for you, sweetheart. Relax a little, okay? And stop acting like you hate my ass because they way you were eye fucking me clearly says otherwise." He said, slipping my hand into his bent arm so that I could hold his bicep.

"You're so full of it," I shook my head "just because you look nice doesn't mean that I want you." I mumbled as we left and went into the ship. Surprisingly, Erik held the train of my dress in his hand while we walked up the ramp and even when the doors closed and we took off.

"You might not want me now, but soon enough you will." He sighed and sat down as the ship piloted itself. I sat across from him and watched as he slouched a little in his chair. "But I'm warning you, when you do? I don't do the whole relationship thing; that's not my cup of tea, but for you? I might question bending the rules a little bit."

"How sweet of you," I said sarcastically. "I'm sure you'll find your way to say that to every female in Wakanda after tonight."

"Jealousy doesn't look nice on you, babygirl."

"I have nothing to be jealous over, I don't want you. Now shut up and let me enjoy the rest of this flight in peace. I have to prepare myself to deal with you for a while night, N'Jadaka."

He gave me a sly smile before chuckling lowly and shaking his head.

_______________________

"Sister Mbali, Prince N'Jadaka." Nakia smiled at us both, but it wasn't a 'nice to see you both' type smile, but rather one that said 'you both look cute together.' Nakia had on a long green dress with cut outs on her shoulders and gold detailing going down its sides.

"It's nice to see you both here." T'Challa smirked and stood next to Nakia, wrapping his arm around her waist. He was dressed similar to Erik, but the scarf that he was wrapped in was gold and white. "Dressed for the occasion."

Every tribe really stuck to their colors. The River tribe— Nakia's tribe, wore many shades of green. The Merchant tribe wore their purple, the Mining Tribe wore their red, Erik and I proudly represented the border tribe and wore blue. The members of the Jabari tribe wore shades of brown, while T'Challa and his family— the Golden Tribe, wore gold.

It was cute to see Nakia wear both green and gold for the respect of both her tribe and her soulmates tribe.

"Well it's nice to be able to get out of the warrior clothes for a few hours... even if the occasion is against my will." I smiled at both Nakia and T'Challa, only making them laugh and Erik look down at me and chuckle.

"You know, if you two actually take the time it to get to know each other, you'd find out you have a lot on common." Nakia assured me. "Maybe even be a cute—"

"Don't even continue that sentence." I shook my head at her.

"Aw, come on, sweetheart. I'm sure you don't think I'm that bad." Erik purred, saying it loud enough for the four of us to hear as he said against my hair.

"Sweetheart?" T'Challa questioned and looked between the both of us.

"T'Challa, I looked around when we came in and noticed that I'm currently the only warrior who is here with their leader or elder... wanna explain that to me for a minute, my king?" I questioned and grabbed his arm, pulling him away from Erik and Nakia.

When we weren't in ears reach I turned to him and frowned, only to get a laugh from him. "What are you and Nakia planning here, T'Challa?"

He smiled before sucking his lips in. "Nakia and I... feel as if you and Erik could actually have a lot in common. You both have strong personalities, great fighting skills, and smart mouths. Well," he shrugged. "I didn't notice it at first— Nakia did. Once she did, I began to watch you both. Taking in how you both look at each other when you speak—"

"I look at him the same way I look at you." I interjected.

"Yes, but have you noticed the way he looks at you when you speak?" He raised his brow. When he didn't get an answer from me, he shook his head and smiled. "Erik... is adjusted to the American way of things; not Wakanda's. While you are adjusted to the Wakandan way of things, not really the American. You both may deny each other— there may even be some... tension brewing..." he dragged out and I instantly knew what he was getting at.

The sexual tension.

"But I feel like soon enough, you two will be enjoying each other's company way more. Enjoy your night, Mbali." T'Challa looked past me and smiled before walking back to Nakia, kissing her cheek and walking away.

I saw Erik quickly eyeing a woman who was walking by and decided to allow that to be my ticket to get away from him, so I went to sit at our table that was next to the other tribes while the common folk mingled and ate.

"I see you escaped the grip of N'Jadaka." Sanaa smiled at me as she held M'Baku's hand. Her purple dress was put together nicely with its back cut out, and brown jewelry. M'Baku decided to be different from the other men and wear a dark brown suit; instead of black, and a black and brown scarf around his neck and shoulder.

"Thankfully." I sighed as M'Baku pulled out a chair for Sanaa so that she could sit before doing the same for himself. "He's a lot to handle."

"To some he might be. But for you mainly because you both have similar personalities." M'Baku titled his glass towards me as Sanaa rested her head on his shoulder.

"Not you too." I groaned.

"We— well, I just want you to hurry up and find someone to be happy with... even if I don't fully like Erik for the time being. I want you to be happy with someone like I am with Baku."

He looked at her and smiled before kissing her sweetly on the lips.

Erik — N'Jadaka

I stayed at the bar and watched Mbali talk to Sanaa and M'Baku. Really, I was focused on just her because of what she was wearing because she looked amazing. Almost godlike.

"My prince," I turned around to see one of the women who I had in my room that night standing to the side of me with her hands in front of her. Her dark blue dress clung to her shape and tightened around her knee area. She looked good too; but she wasn't reaching Mbali's level.

"Nala." I smirked and nodded to her. "Nice to see you here."

"Likewise." She purred and stood in front of me, running her hands down the buttons of my suit. "We all never got to finish where we left off, my prince. Hopefully your little annoyance won't be a distraction next time, hmm?" She smirked up seductively at me.

"I'll keep it in mind. Go enjoy yourself; your husband is watching." I mumbled into her ear, locking eyes with her husband who's chest was rising and falling quickly. I could hear his heartbeat from here.

"Okay." She pouted and walked away. I downed the rest of my drink before walking back towards our table and sat next to Mbali. Sanaa looked me up and down before rolling her eyes at me.

"Oh, it's great to see you too, Sanaa." I smiled sarcastically at her.

"I wish I could say the same." She gave me the same sarcastic smile back.

By the time everyone was sitting down, the food was officially served and everyone started talking to each other about things that actually didn't focus on protecting Wakanda. T'Challa and the other eventually joined our table and made jokes at each other.

Mbali laughed and smiled occasionally and took small sips from her champagne flute before grabbing another one and placing it in front of her. "Don't believe in pacing yourself, do you sweetheart?"'I mumbled to her while everyone else was deep in their own conversations.

"I know my limits, thank you." She looked at me from the corner of her eye and smiled.

"She knows her limits now." Sanaa chucked as she sat on M'Baku's lap and ran her fingers against his jaw. "Before she had this much responsibility, Mbali was a wild one. I'm talking about party animal, dancing, drinking— no one could out party her."

I raised my eyebrow and looked over at Mbali who was looking at Sanaa like she was crazy for letting her secrets out.

"Hmm? And what changed, Mbali?"

She shrugged and smoothed down the fabric of her dress. "Nothings really changes. I think since my role changed into something more... serious, I had to focus more time on that."

The music in the palace changed from something soothing to a more upbeat song with drums. Nakia's eyes lit up and she looked at T'Challa. He chuckled and stood up, grabbing her hand. "If you all excuse me, I think Nakia wants to go for a dance before her song is over." He nodded and wrapped his arms around her waist.

Shuri rolled her eyes at the pair before getting up and joining her mom for a quick dance. From what T'Challa told me, in an hour or so, the elders and Ramonda would normally leave and have the rest of the night be for the townspeople and everyone else.

M'Baku and Sanaa stayed at the table, giving each other looks that made it obvious what their plans were in a few more minutes.

"Well, sweetheart." I sighed and looked at Mbali as she turned to me, finally accepting the name that I called her. "Everyone's up, why don't you show me how you all party in Wakanda, and I'll show you how we handle things in New York?"

"I don't know, Erik—"

Before she could finish, I was pulling her up to the gold and white plated floor where everyone else stood and danced. "Nah, none of that shit. You need to let loose, maybe it'll stop you from being so damn uptight all the time."

I felt her hand get pulled from mine and she crossed her arms against her chest. "You really think that's gonna make me wanna dance with you, then you're wrong."

I smacked my lips and pulled her back towards me. "You need to relax. I can tell you got a little buzz going on from all that Champagne you been drinking— let loose, ma. Have some fun." I smirked "you can go back to 'hating' my ass in the morning."

She chewed at her bottom lip and looked around the room before looking back at me. "I don't need your little concubines trying to come at my throat cause I will fuck them up, Erik."

I rolled my eyes at her and pulled her towards me as the music continued to play. "Ain't nobody thinking about them right now. Bring your ass over here." We got to the middle of the floor where everyone else was and saw T'Challa with his hands around Nakia while she pressed her ass against him. This was the first time I actually saw the two of them relax, and it was something.

"Come on, Mbali." Nakia giggled, not moving from T'Challa's arms. "Show Erik how you danced before becoming first in command." She wiggled her eyebrows at her. Mbali just laughed and rolled her eyes, looking back at me.

"Because you peer pressured me— this is just for tonight." She pointed at me. "In the morning? Everything goes back to how it was." She pulled her eyebrows together and unintentionally poured her full lips at me.

Mbali was fine as fuck, if I was being honest. Her slim but curvy frame made her something to look at, and she was filled out in all of the right places; from top to bottom. And the way that her dress was hugging her curves was making it hard for me to not wanna pull her to one of those back rooms and fu—

"N'Jadaka." She tilted her head and frowned. "Are you even listening to me?"

"Uh— Yeah, sweetheart. Heard every word." I lied and looked down at her chest before meeting her eyes again with a smirk.

She looked at me for a few more seconds before mumbling, "Le nto iya kuba yinto ebusuku obude." This is gonna be a long night.

I smirked at her comment and grabbed her hand, pulling her against my chest. "Sinokuyenza enye." We could make it one. I mumbled into her ear and she pulled away from me with wide eyes, making me chuckled.

"Uthetha isiXhosa?" You speak Xhosa?

"Ewe," Yes. I answered her. "It's a lot you don't know , sweetheart. But we can save that for another day. Right now, I wanna see this dancing of yours that everyone's been talking about."

A smiled came across her lips again as she turned to face Nakia and T'Challa, bending her legs to be in the same position that Nakia was in.

"Two wrongs don't make us right away, tell me something's wrong. Party all of our lives away, to take you on..." The music changed and Mbali's hips started moving at a fast pace and in a circle. I don't know how she was able to move so freely in that dress, but she was tempting. She took small steps back before her ass finally made contact with the fabric of my pants.

This must be around the time where the elders and Ramonda leave. This would be too much action and shit for them anyway.

I gripped her waist gently as she kept moving. Her and Nakia kept giggling as they danced and T'Challa had a look on his face that easily said he was gonna end up doing something with her later.

"Yes, Mbali!" Nakia laughed and stood up fully, still moving her hips against T'Challa, while Mbali stayed bent down, lifting up a bit of her dress a little in the front to give her more room to move. I licked my lips as she pulled up and turned to face me, wrapping her arm around my neck and rolling her hips to meet mine.

I could see why everyone bragged about her dancing. She was able to move her hips to every beat in the song and make sure you felt her against me. I could feel Nakia and T'Challa watching us with smirks on their faces.

She had both of her hands wrapped around my neck and continued to roll her body against mine, making eye contact with me. At that point I didn't care where we were or who would be watching— anyone could be watching and I'd still try to take her right now on this floor.

"What's wrong, prince? You can't keep up with me?" She smirked up at me before grinning.

"Sweetheart, that's the last thing I'm worried about." I chucked before moving down to her ear. "Im trying to control myself from finding a room in this palace and making you mine in it."

Her hips stopped moving when I pulled away and she looked at me with a shocked expression. "W-wha—" she stopped herself, trying to ignore what I told her, but I know she was thinking about it still.

"I need another drink." She sighed and walked over to where the bar currently was and I followed her. She was getting a few looks from the women that I had visit me for the past few weeks, but I can tell she wasn't worried.

Mbali was pretty much a walking weapon, and I doubt that any of these women or men would want to test her. She stood at the bar with a darker liquid in her glass and gulped it down.

"Got you a little on edge, princess?" I walked behind her and held her waist, pulling her back against me as she let out a little gasp. The bar tender watched us with curious eyes before looking back at Mbali, looking her up and down.

The poor guy looked like he wanted her; but I could tell just by looking at him, that Mbali could walk all over him. I shook my finger at him in a 'no' motion and pressed my lips to her exposed neck, he clenched his jaw at me, and we heart a glass shatter. It was Mbali's

"Oh, shit! I-I'm so sorry!" She said quickly, trying to pick up the glass.

"It's okay." He smiled nicely as cleaned up her mess. She sighed heavily and walked away, not getting far enough since I grabbed her hand.

"What's wrong sweetheart?"

"Nothing." She said quickly and clenched her hand, small droplets of blood were on the floor.

"Let's get that fixed up." I smirked and pulled her away from everyone else.

__________________

"This is your fault, you know." She mumbled as she sat on the counter in T'Challa and Nakia's bathroom.

"How?" I laughed and stitched up a few of the cuts. Those years of fixing up my own wounds from battles paid off I guess. Did I think I'd be fixing dresses? No. But here we are.

"If you wouldn't have kissed my neck, my hand would still be fine."

"So," I said and looked at her. "Me kissing your neck caught you off guard, huh? One little kiss?"

"I didn't break the glass because of the buzz that I have, that's for sure. I can handle my alcohol. If you wouldn't have kissed my neck; I wouldn't have broke the damn glass, idiot." She yelled, getting irritated with me, but it was cute seeing her get 'upset'.

"It's fine to say it caught you off guard because you wanted it, but didn't know how to say it." I shrugged and stitched up another one of her cuts.

"Not the reason at all."

I stopped what I was doing and just looked at her. "What?" She questioned.

"You're a shitty liar when you're drunk, sweetheart."

"I'm not lying and I'm not drunk, I'm tipsy."

"Off of four flutes of champagne and one glass of whiskey. So if me planting one little kiss on your neck catches you off guard and makes you break a glass in your hand, what happens if I actually kiss you?" I smirked and moved closer to her, standing in between her legs.

"Erik, I will kick your ass."

"You don't sound too confident about that, sweetheart." I chucked and moved closer to her.

"Erik."

"You didn't answer my question." I ignored her, putting my hands on her hips to scoot her closer to me. "What'll happen if I actually kiss you, Mbali? Hmm? You gonna break the edge of the counter?" I drew circles on her hip, and she still didn't say anything.

She was tough as shit but I knew she was gonna give in at some point— hell, I wanted her to give in.  I looked down at her full lips before looking back at her eyes and smirking. "Unless, you'd have no problem with me kissing you." I cupped her chin in my hand. "Cause if you did, you'd be pushing my ass away and trying to fight me, saying that you wanna get back to the party... by you're not. And your heart is beating fast as shit."

"How do you kno—"

"I might not hold the Black Panther title anymore, by that doesn't mean all of the senses leave. I can heart it." I chuckled and watched as her chest rose and fell rapidly. "You're one hell of a dancer by the way. Really know what you're doing."

"Ukubanga omnye, umthandi."One kiss, sweetheart. I mumbled against her jaw and kissed her jaw before pulling away to look her in her, only to find out that they were closed. "Nje enye, phola." Just one, relax. I repeated and ran my other hand down her side.

She exhaled quickly before pulling me by my shoulders and kissing me, moving her hands from my shoulder to my neck. I smirked against her lips and kissed back, wrapping her legs around my waist.

______________________

CHAPTER EDITED
______________________

OOP 👀👀

| COMMENT & VOTE | 💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.2K 356 5
Your love runs like water over me. When the drops dance on my skin, they are your fingertips, searching, as if you can simply pry open my rib cage, f...
53.5K 2.9K 35
O. ❝ okay, okay, i can do this. i'm- in love with you. . . . wait, fuck! unsend that! ❞ ❪ male oc / michael b. jordan ❫ social medi...
575K 14.7K 143
BITCH WE BACK GANG GANG