Mileven One-Shots | SEQUEL (C...

By milxvenn

"meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice, but falling for you was out of my control" More

welcome back!
just a kiss
nightmares and cuddles
papa
happy you're home
i'm here for you
bullshit
i need you to stay
i'm going to get you sick
i'm going to get you sick (part II)
siblings
kissing year after year
to risk your life
i want you.
that love, the crazy kind.
keeping me alive
strawberry lipgloss
kiss me?
Thank you.

second kiss

3.3K 99 112
By milxvenn

november 1984
hawkins, indiana.

the first time they hugged, a few hours ago, had nothing to do with this one. it's as if he hadn't had the time to take her in. although he never gave up on her, he wasn't certain if she was alive, he didn't know if he'd get to feel her again. so their first hug, was sweet, and dramatic, and full of surprise.

this one though, they just— melted onto each other, it almost felt natural the way she tucked her face in the crook of his neck and how he buried his on her shoulder. how his hands were tightly around her back and hers around his waist.

and it felt so good. the warmth. he wished they could've stayed like that forever, but hopper sadly interrupted the moment— again. although this time, mike understood. el looked beautiful, of course, but also exhausted. mike pulled away from their embrace to look at her. her cheeks were tear-stained, her upper lip and nose were all covered in dried blood. her eyes looked tired as hell, but she tried her best to keep them open, he could notice. she needed rest.

"you made it. you saved us" he whispered, arms still around her.

"i promised" she grinned.

"alright, kid, let's get you inside"

el nodded, and hopper tried to pull her in, but she refused. instead, she leaned closer to mike. he wrapped his arms around her again, this time instead of embracing her, he held her, helped her to stay on her feet. mike looked up at hopper, waiting for some kind of approval (even though he didn't really need one, this was el. his el. if she needed him, he'd do anything to be there for her).

hopper did not intimidate him whatsoever, at least not after their fight, not for now. he nodded and so mike and el started walking across the porch.

joyce waited for them at the frame of the door, with a blanket in hand ready to wrap it around el and an apologetic smile.

"hey sweetie" she smiled, wrapping the blanket around the small girl. mike helped her.

"come in with me, wait in my bedroom while i prepare the bath" she said softly, already wrapping her arms around her.

el stopped her, though. she looked back at mike, who was standing behind her with a reassuring smile, as if it was okay to go with her. el knew that, she knew she was safe with joyce. but that wasn't what she was seeking in him. she tugged on his sleeve, and grabbed his hand, interlocking their fingers, "come?" she asked.

how could he say no to her? mike nodded, taking a step forward. when he was close enough, she brought his arm around her waist, were it used to be moments ago (at this, mike became a blushing mess). joyce smiled sweetly, her arms replaced by mike's. el rested her head on his shoulder.

"you two go to my room, okay? i'll tell you when the bath is ready" she told them, to which mike nodded.

they walked across the living room slowly, mike looked around, his friends were sprawled everywhere, sleeping.

hopper and joyce looked at the pair as they walked into their living room.

"aren't they cute?" joyce smiled.

he hummed.

"oh hop, let them live a little, would ya?" she frowned, hitting his arm and then crossing her arms against her chest.

"there" mike breathed, helping her to settle on the corner of the bed.

he started to walk away, but she tugged on his sleeve again, whining.

"i'll be back, i'm just going to the bathroom to get something to clean up the blood, okay?" he said softly.

el hesitated, but nodded, letting go of his sleeve.

a few seconds later, he came back (like he said he would) with a bowl of water and a towel, "okay" he murmured, sitting down on the floor on his knees in front of her. el looked at him carefully, as he took the towel and dipped it in the water. mike looked up at her, and softly tapped the towel on her upper lip.

meanwhile, el looked carefully at his features. his sharp cheekbones and jawline. his freckles (her secretly favorite) scattered on his cheeks and bridge of his nose. his plump lips.

"i like your voice" she suddenly said as he worked on her cheek, she cringed at her raspy voice.

mike shifted his eyes to look up at hers.

"my voice?" he furrowed his eyebrows, although his lips formed a small grin.

"it's deeper" she pointed out.

"yeah" he chuckled, a blush creeping up his cheeks.

after a few seconds with silence kept, no movements but mike whipping away the dark makeup from around her eyes, el brought her hand up to his cheek.

it was stupid, the surprise she felt. she new all of this was real, but it was weird (fascinating), the fact that she could finally touch him.

mike stopped breathing as soon as her palm landed on the side of his face, he looked up at her.

"pretty" she breathed.

its then, when he realized the way her face was tilting closer to his. he definitely couldn't breathe.

she kissed him.

she kissed him.

her lips sealed against his in a very different way than the last time, his lower lip was caught between both of hers. the towel that he was holding fell onto the bed, and his hand landed on her arm. this kiss had no rush, no expectation of something or someone ready to interrupt them, no tension. they melted onto each other, and it lasted a lot longer.

it felt so good, having her lips against his, and he still was trying to process the fact that she leaned to him, the fact that she wanted to kiss him as much as he wanted to kiss her.

el's eyelids opened slowly, her face was so close her eyelashes tickled against his cheek (he could care less). mike opened his eyes next.

"hi" he whispered.

what a mouth-breather.

her lips turned upwards, forming a grin. a real smile. one of those who made her hidden (and so loved) dimples appear.

"hi"

"i've missed you so much" he whispered, his eyes turning sad.

"i know" her hand was still on his cheek, his thumb caressing the skin (what is she doing?).

"i missed you too" she said, looking into his eyes.

mike let his forehead fall against hers, she breathed him in.

"i can't believe you're really here"

"i wanted to see you" she said.

"i know, me too, but you had to be safe" he leaned back to look at her.

"but you were sad-"

"el, listen. friends (hopefully more than that soon) don't lie. yes, i was sad. i missed you— so much. but hopper kept you safe, and you're here now, that's what's important" he told her.

"i listened. in the void. i saw you. i tried to touch you but– every time i tried, you just—"

it was only when he reached out to wipe her tears away when she realized she was crying.

"hey" he kept his hand on the side of her face, "no more crying, okay? we're together now"

el nodded, bitting back her tears, she wrapped her arms around his neck, and let her forehead fall into the crook of his neck. mike responded quickly, wrapping his arms around her back.

"el, sweetie? the bath is ready" joyce suddenly appeared in the door frame and mike and el lifted their heads.

el looked at mike, he nodded.

"i'll be here when you come back. i promise" he told her, softly.

"promise" she echoed, giving him a small grin.

mike smiled, and helped her get up. joyce walked with her, and before turning the corner, el gave him one last smile. once she left, he let himself fall onto the bed.

god, he loved her.

-

there's the long awaited one shot!! i hope you guys liked it and were pleased with the result ❤️
love you!! xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.3K 1.3K 49
{completed} in which mike loves eleven, but they can't be together bc of an overprotective dad
151K 3.9K 29
- COMPLETE. mike wheeler secretly films someone he's pretty sure he's fallen madly in love with. (mature themes, no smut tho)
33.6K 474 17
"𝖨 π—…π—ˆπ—π–Ύ π—’π—ˆπ—Ž 𝖫𝗂𝗅." "π–₯π—ˆπ—Žπ—‹ π–Ύπ—’π–Ύπ—Œ, π—’π—ˆπ—Ž 𝖻𝖾𝗍 𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋𝗒 π—Œπ—‚π—‡π—€π—…π–Ύ π—ˆπ—‡π–Ύ π—ˆπ–Ώ π—π—π–Ύπ—Œπ–Ύ π–Ώπ—‹π–Ύπ–Όπ—„π—…π–Ύπ—Œ 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝖨 π—…π—ˆπ—π–Ύ...
12.2K 561 32
Mike Wheeler, the boy who lost his mind. (Completed)