kiss me?

july 1985
hawkins, indiana.

after making her bed and cleaning her dishes from lunch, she sat down on the couch which it's pillows were nicely placed.

she was anxious. despairing. el didn't know if it was for the fact they hadn't seen each other for over one whole week, or if it was her teenage hormones; but she missed mike. like really bad.

just the thought of his face and his freckles made her stomach flip with butterflies and god, she couldn't wait for him to get there.

4:15. just fifteen minutes. okay. okay.

then, a knock on the door and she was there in three seconds.

he was just... so pretty.

his hair was messier than in the winter, with the heat and sweat, his locks were always sticking in different directions. it was almost curly. and lighter. mike'd grown a few inches taller, he towered her, and although she was kind of frustrated at first (an adorable sight for mike), after experiencing more cuddles and hugs, she'd started to love it.

her favorite part, his freckles. they were a lot more noticeable in the summer, he told her. she loved tracing them with her thumb.

"hi, el"

mike had the dorkiest, but also cutest, smile on his face as he scanned her, and it was so adorable she would throw herself at him and kiss his whole face right there and then without a care in the world.

instead, she leaned forward and hugged him, she cherished the way he enveloped her in an embrace, his arms around her, her face squished into his chest and his cheek against the side of her head.

"i missed you" she whispered, breathing him in.

"i missed you, too" he smiled against her.

god she didn't even know how much he had. the past hours had gone by so slow, every minute without her just kept getting worse and worse.

but it's ok now, she was in his arms and he couldn't feel any warmer inside.

el pulled away a few seconds later, maybe too abruptly, which made him furrow his eyebrows a little.

it all went away, through, as soon as her lips landed on his.

he made a noise against her, her action caught him off guard, but soon melted against her,  his hands found their way to cup her face, hers already on his shoulders.

mike arched his back to get better access to her, el was on her tip toes, but, honestly? that was the least she could care about then.

she was kissing her boyfriend (boyfriend. oh my god), and she swore it was the best feeling in the world.

as soon as they leaned back, he sighed contently, and opened his eyes to see her. el's pink cheeks, swollen lips, and blown pupils was his best sight ever.

he bit his lip, trying to hold back his grin (he terribly failed).

"uh, do you want to come in?"

mike, you waistoad, unfreeze.

mike nodded, his eyes not leaving her whatsoever, as she grabbed her hand and pulled him in.

el locked the door, and turned around to be welcomed again by his soft lips.

god, he was going to be the death of her.

he pulled back sooner that she'd wanted, though. mike licked his lips, face still near hers,  thumbs caressing her temple and eyes looking down at her lips. however, she could only look at him.

"i'm sorry, i just-"

el's lips shut him off, though, arms around his neck and his on her waist, palms going upwards to her lower back to pull her closer against him.

she held back a moan, instead a strangled one sounding in her throat.

that made him smile, which made her smile, which lead into a breathy laugh between kisses.

mike's hands eventually went back to the sides of her face, pushing away strands of hair that had fallen onto her face, small laughs still tingling on their lips.

she was just so... purely happy.

he was too, the happiest he'd been in a very long time.

kissing el was something he knew he'd never get tired of, it drive him crazy, every single time.

she traced her thumb down his jawline, his cheekbones, his freckles. meanwhile, he was dazed, the touch sending sparks down his spine.

"i love you" he blurted.

her wide eyes flicked up, to match his.

she'd thought about that for a few months now. el was certain, confident on what she felt.

she pulled him down for another deep but soft kiss, breathing in through her nose.

"i love you, too" she whispered when their lips parted, faces so close their noses bumped.

she felt so happy. as if there were no tears left. nothing but her pure love for him.

mike's response was catching her lips once again, tugging her lower into both of his.

-

the ending sucked sm but hey! at least i finally wrote. as alway, i hope you enjoyed. love you!!
xx