Social Media «ᴄᴀᴋᴇ»

By barakatboulevard

In which two boys that are eight thousand miles apart fall in love through social media. More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Epilogue
Soundtrack
hi!

Chapter 5

11.6K 452 501
By barakatboulevard

"I'm honestly surprised that you don't throw those 'let's get so drunk that we could possibly end up dying' parties," I told Michael as I made it to his house. There were colored lights coming from the inside, some music coming from the speakers, and gosh, the pizza smelled delicious.

"What?" Michael asked in an astonished tone. "I would never! The majority of us are underage, anyway. Some of us could drink, but then they'd need to get their own alcohol, and I'd have to make sure no one else but them drinks it, and if that doesn't happen, we could have a mishap with the cops, and then it'd go on our school records for when we want to go to college—yep, I can't have parties with alcohol. Maybe in college, but while we're still in high school, no way."

I gave Michael a shy smile, and I thought of Liz who thought that Michael was a rebellious teenager. Even though I didn't exactly consider him a "friend"—close acquaintance, since I'm being nice—Michael was one of the most responsible, nicest people I have ever met. No wonder everyone else in our grade is practically obsessed with him.

"Can I just ask a question?" I followed Michael inside the house, and boy, his house was huge. The neighborhood around the school was full of rich people, and Michael lived just across the street from school. He certainly didn't act stuck-up or snobby, which made me happy.

"Didn't you just?" Michael replied with a laugh.

"Asshole," I said with a playful glare. "Anyway, could you not play Fancy? I'm done with that song's shit."

Michael turned to me with a smile on his face. "I'M SO FANCY! YOU ALREADY KNOW!" he started screaming, and I let out a groan. He continued singing the song at the top of his lungs, and I sheepishly followed behind him as he led me deeper and deeper into his house.

"Mikey! Stop scaring each and every one of your guests!" some boy called out. Michael immediately stopped singing, and the boy came over laughing.

"Thank you so much," I sighed with relief. "You have no idea how much I—"

Before I knew it, the both of them started screaming Fancy as loud as they could, and all I could do whine.

"I take it you're Michael's boyfriend?" I asked shyly.

The boy smiled, and he turned to peck Michael on the lips. "The one and only," he said with a wink. "I'm Ashton," he said, and he gave me a hug (which I awkwardly returned). Michael smiled at the two of us, and he wrapped his arm around Ashton's waist and threw his other around my shoulder.

"I have the entire night planned for the three of us," Michael said.

"Oh, no." I threw my head down in shame, because I've already heard it. Michael only laughed at me.

"First, Ash and Luke are going to bond over pizza while I keep the guests entertained. Secondly, Ash and Luke are going to find something so incredible that they have in common, and they're going to become best friends—at this point, I am still the most awesome host of an awesome party. Thirdly, I am going to make time to spend with my loving boyfriend and my closest friend (other than my loving boyfriend, of course). Fourthly, I will catch you completely ignoring me because you two have an unbreakable bond. Fifthly, I am going to be happy because I got you two to be really good friends. Sixthly, I am going to become jealous because my loving boyfriend and my best friend are better friends with each other than with me in the trio. Seventhly, I'm going to confront Ashton for having a thing for Luke. Eighthly, Ashton is going to deny, and Luke is going to deny. Ninthly, Ashton is going to tell me loves me. And, finally, Ashton and I are going to have sex in the closet. Does everyone understand? Good. Okay, have fun!" Michael ran off, grabbing a tray of weirdly shaped gelatin and shots of various sodas and handing them to the guests.

"Wait, why in the closet?" I asked. It was intended to be for Michael, but since he ran off, I was asking no one in particular.

"We've already done it in every other room in the house," Ashton replied coolly.

"I did not need to know that!" I shrieked. In surprise of the sound of my voice, I covered my mouth with my hands, and I felt the blood coming onto my cheeks. After Ashton laughed at me, I slowly took my hands away from my mouth, and I looked at Ashton with uncertainty.

"Even the bathroom?"

"Yep."

"His parents' bedroom?"

"Of course."

"You did it in his parents' bedroom?!" I gasped.

"Even the pool," Ashton said with a smirk.

I choked on my saliva, and Ashton laughed at me. Once I recollected myself, I crossed my arms over my chest and I looked back at Ashton. "Okay," I said calmly, "I would understand if you've already covered the bathroom, but I'm surprised that you left the closet, of all places, for last."

Ashton shrugged. "It just happens. Wanna get a slice?"

I nodded, silently following Ashton through the sea of people, and we made it to the main table where all the food and snacks were laid out. There was basically everything. Pizza, salad, soda, gelatin, candy, fruit, and—best of all—the chocolate fountain.

"He wasn't kidding," I murmured to myself. Ashton looked at me with a cocked eyebrow, and he frowned.

"What?" he asked.

"Nothing," I said with a shake of my head. "Nothing important, anyway." Ashton looked at me with an empty look in his eyes, and I was trying so desperately so avoid his stare. I hated this. I hated when people were giving me their attention. I couldn't stand being the centerpiece of a table, the star of the show. It made me want to cower and hide.

"Tell me," Ashton said with a soft smile.

"It's nothing," I pressed. I didn't need to tell him, anyway. It wasn't his business, just as much as it was completely my own. Ashton let his face fall, but he still had a smile on his face.

"Michael said that he wanted us to bond," Ashton said with a sly smile. He grabbed a plate, putting a few slices of pizza on it. "It may not be important, but I would sure like for you to tell me," he said, putting some candies on his plate. "Plus, if you tell me, I'll dip my pizza into the chocolate fountain."

I scoffed. "That's nothing! I can dip my Caesar salad into the chocolate fountain and it would taste just as delicious."

"Whoa, you actually do that?" Ashton said with a laugh. "I was bluffing!"

"I could tell," I said with a small smile. "Plus, I do it all the time. If there's chocolate around, I'll eat it with practically anything."

Ashton smiled, leaning against the table. "Alright. I dare you to dip everything on this table in the chocolate fountain."

"Even the soda?" I asked with a slight smirk.

"Even the soda," Ashton said with a nod.

"Deal," I said, holding out my hand. Ashton grabbed my hand, and we shook them firmly. I grabbed a slice of pizza to go with my salad, and I grabbed every candy on the table. Once all my food was piled up, I went back to the beginning of the table to get myself a cup of Sprite. I went back to where Ashton was, and I started dipping my food in chocolate.

"You still haven't told me," Ashton said.

I let out a sigh. "I was joking around with Michael at school today. I told him the only reason I was coming to the party was for the chocolate fountain." I smiled to myself, remembering Michael calling me an asshole and the both of us laughing our heads off.

"He really likes you, you know," Ashton said softly. "Not ­like­-like you, of course, because I'm pretty sure that he loves me—"

"Believe me, he does," I laughed, taking a sip of my Sprite. It didn't taste all that bad.

Ashton laughed with me, and we took a seat outside on a literal water fountain. "He considers you his best friend. Shame I didn't meet you until now, but I suppose it was worth the wait. You're a really nice guy, Lucas."

I let out a small whine, drooping my head down. "Michael already calls me that; I don't need both of Mashton calling me Lucas!"

"Mashton?" Ashton asked me.

I sighed, putting my plate and cup down beside me. "Mashton: Michael and Ashton," I said, using my hands to explain everything. "Gosh, Ashton. Get with the program."

He held his hands up in surrender, laughing softly. "Okay, okay, geez. Michael and I are Mashton. I get it."

"Good," I said, taking a bite of my chocolate-covered pizza. I swallowed and put the pizza back on the plate, and I leaned back, my back almost getting hit by the flowing water. "I think I've found something 'so incredible that we have in common'."

"And what would that be?" Ashton asked curiously.

"Michael," I said as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. Ashton smiled at me, and he took out his phone.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Taking a selfie with my new buddy Luke," Ashton said, mimicking my tone, indicating that it was obvious.

"Yeah, I don't really take selfies," I muttered, trying to cover my face from the camera.

"Too bad, you're taking one with me."

"MICHAEL! HELP ME!" I yelled. I was pretty sure that he couldn't hear me, seeing as we were outside and he had a really big house.

"Selfie!" Ashton said with a smile. Out of instinct, I stuck my tongue in between my teeth, and Ashton took the picture. He looked at his phone, and he chuckled. "See?" he asked, showing me the picture. "It's a really good picture! That is so going on Instagram. I'm going to tag you; do you have an Instagram?"

Yes. "No," I said, shaking my head.

Ashton gasped. "You have to make one!" he said.

"Now?"

"Right now."

I got out my iPhone, and I clicked the app store, pretending to download the Instagram app. I opened it after a while, after it was "done downloading," and I cleared out my original username, 'merrickmania', and I looked at Ashton. "I don't know what username to create."

Ashton slumped his shoulders, and he rested his thumb under his chin. "Hm..." he said, thinking hardly. "What's your favorite color?"

"Blue, but I don't see how that's—"

"Favorite animal?"

"Obvious. Penguins," I said firmly.

"You're adorable like a penguin... Luke is a penguin!" he exclaimed, clapping his hands.

I nodded, typing down my new username. I put underscores, just to add the effect. Once my profile was created, Ashton put on a goofy smile. "Follow me!" he said. "My username is 'ashtonirwin'; nothing special. Oh, and Michael's is 'michaelgclifford'."

I searched Ashton and Michael's profiles, following them immediately. Once I followed them, Ashton got out his phone, and he posted the picture.

'Hanging out with my buddy @luke_is_a_penguin! x'

I smiled, liking the picture, and I went on to making my profile look presentable. It was about 10 pm now, and I thought I should probably head home. "We should look for Michael," I said to Ashton. "I need to talk to him."

"He should be coming soon," Ashton said, looking for his phone. "He's told me that it's time for Step 3..."

I chuckled, and soon enough, Michael was walking through the door. He came towards the two of us with a smile on his face. He kissed Ashton on the lips, and he patted me on the back, and he laughed to himself. "So, are you guys ignoring me yet?" he asked.

Ashton and I both smiled, but I shook my head. "You can actually skip all the way to Step 10, because I have to head home now."

Michael pouted and Ashton frowned. "At least let us drive you home," Michael offered.

I shook my head. "It's okay. I can walk. My house isn't that far," I said with a shy smile.

"Are you sure?" Michael asked.

I nodded, and I flashed a smile at him. I hugged him, and then I hugged Ashton. "Thank you for inviting me, Michael. It was nice meeting you, Ashton. I'll see you at school." Michael offered that he at least walk me out, and I obliged. We both started walking out the door, and I gave Michael a final goodbye at the threshold. I walked down the sidewalk and started making my way home.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket, and I pulled it out.

lucas i'm lonely :-(

I laughed, and I instantly replied.

don't worry calum i'll save you!

took you long enough. you left me all alone!

i'm sowwy :-(

you're damn right you're sorry! supernatural isn't everything; i need to talk to youuu

haha you're so cute :-)

i'm nOT CUTE I'M PUNK ROCK

you're a punk rock cutie :-)

shut up

lol nah

are you using my own line against me?

you're damn right i am

stop it :-(

only if you admit that you're cute

no

yes

no

yes

you wanna facetime? i wanna facetime. let's facetime.

i'm okay with that :-) let me get home first

whoaaaaaa, lucas, were you out all night partying?

maybe ;-)

you're weird. get your butt home so we can facetime.

we'll facetime only if you admit you're cute :-)

fine. i'm cute, and you're an asshole. are you home yet?

yes i'm homeeee :-)

yay!

I ran to my room and get ready for bed, seeing as my parents were on a business trip, and I got out my iPod. I clicked on the FaceTime app, and I clicked on Calum's email. I ran my hand through my hair multiple times as the call rang, and I finally decided with putting on a beanie. I sat in my bed cross-legged, and I anxiously waited for Calum to answer. This is the first time we were going to talk in person, and I was pretty nervous. Soon enough, Calum answered, and I put the phone directly across my face.

"It feels very good seeing your attractive face, Lucas," Calum said with a wink.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36K 1.6K 23
Two boys fall in love by the water.
5K 403 22
"It wasn't a kiss, but somehow it felt more intimate like I was finally getting a look at the real Calum."
3.5K 273 11
"I love you, Calum Hood." or in which luke fell in love with calum because of these ten reasons.
19K 182 9
Just a collection of cake (boyxboy) oneshots.. have funnn!!!