Different Type Of Wizard

By JayH00D

Minato Sensei and Hatake Kakashi are assigned a mission by Albus Dumbledore to protect Harry Potter, and the... More

The Phoenix
The Peculiar Nature of Wizards
Triwizard Tournament
The Prophecy
A Shinobi's Instinct
The Weasley's Wizard Wheezes
The Goblet of Fire
Forest of Death
Dancing Dragons
Cries of Pain
Upon the Hour
Curious and Curriousness
Night of the Bulgarians
The Maze
Riddles in the Dark
Flesh, Blood and Bone
The Aftermath
Farewell Hogwarts
Epilogue

A Moody Mad-eye

14.9K 555 793
By JayH00D

Disclaimer: I do not own anything.

Enjoy!!!

........................................................................

Gryffindor Tower

Harry was sitting in the common room with Ron and Hermione doing homework. Kakashi had left a while ago, and still hasn't returned. He told them that he had to go see his Sensei about something and left in a hurry. Harry was glad that he now had the opportunity to talk to Ron and Hermione alone.

"So..." Ron said, thinking on the same track as Harry. Hermione looked up from her book and gave the two boys a questioning look. She sighed and set it aside, silently telling them to continue.

"Alright, so today in Divinations Professor Trelawney gave a prediction of some sort about Kakashi. However, it wasn't a prediction per say, it was more of her listing facts. And we wanted to know what you thought of it?" Harry said.

"I don't know why you would believe anything that woman would say, she obviously isnt a good source for information Harry." He scolded.

"That's what we thought to, but you should have seen his face, I would bet a hundred Galleons that what she said is true." Ron said confidently.

"Fine, so what did she say?"

"She told him that he was covered in blood, that he was the cause of death and suffering." Harry said.

"Then she called him the son of the White Fang and that Kakashi had a spinning red eye. She also said he had mastered a thousand justu's, whatever that is." Ron continued. Hermione was pondering over their words, trying to find the underline meaning.

"The thing that unnerved him the most was when she called him Sakumo." Harry finnished.

"A spinning red eye?" Hermione asked, the boys nodded their heads. " I will have to go to the library this week to see what I can find. But until then, find out what you can."

"Done. But that's not all I wanted to talk to you guys about" Harry said.

"I already know Harry, you suspect that Kakashi is here to watch over you, and not to just participate in the Triwizard Tournament." Hermione guessed for him.

"Y-yes..."

"I thought so too. You should write to Serious and see what he thinks of it." Hermione said. Harry agreed with her, he needed to write to Serious about Kakashi, and about his scar hurting again. Already this year looked even more dangerous than the last and that was saying a lot, considering he thought that a madman was out to kill him.

Once Ron and Hermione went up to bed, he decided to write his letter. He needed answers, and fast. However, Hedwig was nowhere to be found, she was probably happily perched somewhere up in the Owelry. Not wanting to wait any longer, he grabbed his dad's cloak and made his way towards the South side of the castle.

LineBreakLinebreakLinebreakLinebreak...

Kakashi was walking back to the Common Room from Minato Sensei's office when he heard footsteps comming towards him. He had an idea of where the sound should be comming from, but nothing was there. That is until he smelled a familiar scent and knew what was up.

Kakashi stride right up to the source of the noise and reached his hand out, grabbing the material concealing Harry and ripped it off, while also frightening the boy out of his wits. The look on the Potter boys face was priceless in Kakashi's opinion.

"W-what... how d-did you?" Harry stuttered.

"You suck at stealth. I can hear and smell you. Now, let's go before a teacher finds us wondering the corridor." Kakashi stated flately. Harry looked confused beyond belief which started to help Kakashi improve his mood. They walked back silently, and when the portrait door shut Harry's army of questions unfolded.

"How did you know I was under the cloak?"

"I told you, I can hear and smell you?" Kakashi said irritability, his anger from before returning.

"I know you said that, but how? How are you able to hear and... smell me?"

"My clan has heightened senses. I probably have better hearing, smelling and sight than any creature here." He answered.

"So that's why you reacted so badly to Trelawney's perfumes. I just thought you were mental." Harry said, but mainly to himself. "What happened to your hands?" Harry said upon seeing the thick layer of bandages. Already blood had began staining the stark white wrappings.

"None of your buisness." Kakashi said harshly.

"It looks pretty bad, you should have Madame Pomfrey take a look at it." Harry said firmly back.

"Minato Sensei already had a look at it and it is fine." Kakashi said while turning around to head up to bed. Harry grabbed his shoulder, roughly turning him around.

"If you won't go to the hospital wing, then at least tell me what happened. Professor McGonagall will have my neck if I don't look out for you!" Harry said irratibly.

Kakashi wanted to tell Harry that he was the one there to actually watch him, but thought better of it. Potter was not supposed to be aware of the mission, unless Dumbledore said otherwise. He shrugged out of Harry's grip, leaving the room.

LineBreakLinebreakLinebreakLinebreak...

The next day after classes they reached the entrance hall, which was already packed with students about to start dinner.

"Weasly! Hey, Weasly!"

Harry, Ron and Hermione turned around to see Malfoy and his crew standing there, each looking satisfied about something.

"Your Dad's in the paper!" Malfoy said while handing over the Daily Prophet. Kakashi stepped up to see what was written, upset that he couldn't read it. The jewel that Hagrid gave him only helped him to speak and understand English, not with reading it. However, luckily for him Hermione read aloud the headline.

Further Mistakes at the Ministry of Magic

It seems as though the Ministry of Magic's troubles are not yet at an end... Arnold Weasley, who was charged with possession of a flying car two years ago, was yesterday involved in a tussle with several Muggle law-keepers over a number of highly aggressive dustbins. Mr. Weasly appears to have rushed to the aid of "Mad-Eye" Moody, the aged ex-Auror  who retired from the Ministry when no longer able to tell the difference between a handshake and attempted murder.

"And there's a picture, Weasly!" Malfoy said, flipping the paper over reveiling a picture of Molly and Aurther Weasly in front of the Burrow. "Your mother could do with a bit of weight loss, don't you think."

Ron's face turned a bright shade of red, his hands were in fists at his sides.

"Oh yeah, you were staying with them this summer, weren't you Potter? So tell me, is his mother really that porky, or is it just the picture?" Malfoy sneered.

"You know your mother Malfoy, that expression she's got, it's like she's got dung under her nose - Has she always looked that way, or was it because you were standing next to her?" Harry said.

"Don't you dare insult my mother!"

"Then keep your mouth shut then!" Harry said turning away holding Ron back.

Malfoy quickly pulled out his wand and aimed it at Harry's back, Kakashi saw Malfoy mutter something and a bright red light escaped the tip of the wand. Kakashi ran forward and was hit by the spell. Kakashi fell on the ground, his back searing in pain from where the spell had hit. There was a loud BANG, and Professor Moody was limping towards the group of wizards.

"OH NO YOU DON'T LADDIE!"

There was a sudden silence throughout the entrance hall, nobody dared to move. Except for Hermione who was crouched down next to Kakashi, helping him stand.

"Did he hit you?" Moody inquired after Harry.

"No, Kakashi jumped in front of me taking the blunt of the spell." He explained. Professor Moody looked at the silver haired boy and nodded.

"Take him to the hospital wing, be sure she looks at all of his injuries. And have Hermione notify Minato Sensei." The ex-Auror ordered.

Harry and Ron helped Kakashi to the hospital wing after a short argument. Kakashi had insisted that he was fine, but the look that Mad-Eye had sent him made him comply instantly.

Once they reached the hospital Madame Pomfrey went to work.

"If you could please lift your shirt Mr. Hatake." She asked sternly. Kakashi groaned, but listened. The other two boys by his bedside leaned forward wanting to see the damage done by Malfoys curse. What they saw they did not expect, there was a large purple bruise that wasn't to bad. What had surprised them was the collection of long white scars that littered Kakashi's back and torso. Madame Pomfrey was also taken back by the view she saw, her throat tightened and tried not to let her displeasure show on her face. Thoughts flew across Harry's mind at a fast rate. What happened? Who would do such a thing? How long has he had those scars? Harry remembered the long gruesome scar that cut across the boys face that was now covered by his headband.

"Mr. Hatake, I'm going to have to ask you an indelicut question. But how did you get these scars?" She asked sweetly. Ron and Harry were glad that she hasn't asked them to leave.

Kakashi wondered what he would say to her. He should probably lie to her, he didn't need these wizards to know his personal buisness.

"I like to experiment a lot with my magic, and sometimes it has gotten a little out of hand." Kakashi simplified as much as he could. Madame Pomfrey looked as though she was about to blow up but luckily Minato Sensei showed up just in the nick of time, like always.

(In Japanese)
"Kakashi are you alright?" Minato Sensei asked. "Hermione-san told me what happened." He said right as she entered the room, her eyes widening at the sight of Kakashi.

"I .Am. Fine. Sensei." Kakashi said slowly, anger cur thick in his words. He had been through worse, he didn't need everyone fretting over him. He was a ninja. A tool. He would be all right. Minato nodded his head a frown set on his face. "Alright, but you are to have her heal all of your injuried. The one you received from the curse and the ones you sustained from last night... understood." Minato Sensei said firmly, leaking a little bit of his killing intent, leaving no room for negotiations.

"Hai." He replied bitterly. After Minato was sure Kakashi wouldn't  run from the hospital (because he knew how much Kakashi hates those) he left.

Harry, Ron and Hermione let out the breath they were holding once Minato Sensei left the room, all looking extremely nauseous.

"I couldn't understand a word what was said but bloody hell was that intimidating. How can you stand it." Ron said.

"You learn to get used to it. He's not usually like that, most of the time he's a smiley dork." Kakashi said bord. Harry and the others looked at him like he was crazy but remembered the night of the sorting. Minato Sensei was a big smiley blonde dork. They all laughed relieving a little tension.

Once Madame Pomfrey was done healing all of Kakashi's injuries they headed to the Great Hall for dinner, where they found out that after they had left the Entrance Hall Professor Moody had turned Malfoy into a ferrite. Ron was complaining the whole time of how he wasn't able to see it. Hermione kept glancing towards Kakashi with pitty deep in her eyes. Kakashi hated that look, it was the same look he got after his father had killed himself, and again  after when Obito and Rin were killed.

The night passed with no other mishaps of awkward conversations, which Kakashi was glad for. He was able to guard the castle without any incident with the help of his cute little ninja dogs. He had found out that students were allowed to have pets, so he decided he would keep Pakun with him. To help keep watch on Harry while in Gryffindor Tower.

LineBreakLinebreakLinebreakLinebreak...

Thursday

All of the fourth years in Gryffindor were exited for the day. Today's  schedule was first Potions with Snape  (darn) then they had Defense Against the Dark Arts with Professor Moody. And following lunch, Minato Sensei's class!

The three Gryffindors and Kakashi made their way down to the dungeons in haste. Apparently if you didn't arrive before Professor Snape, then you were considered late and received detention. Relieved that they made it on time, they took their seets.

Snape explained that they would be brewing a potion called The Draught of Peace, it was supposed to be a first year level potion...easy right? Wrong. Kakashi had spent the previous night learning English from one of the schools dictionaries, however; the words used to describe the ingredients and instructions were defiantly not english Kakashi decided. And to top it off, he had been partnered up with some one as incompetent as he was, Neville Longbottom. Hermione tried her best to help them out, but she didn't want to be caught by Snape. Once Neville added the Asphodel the wannabe potion inside the cauldron blew up, sending debree everywhere.

Kakashi and Neville had the draught soaking their clothes, luckily no one had been hurt to Kakashi's relief. Snape marched up to the two boys, Neville was shaking in fear.

"That was the 6th cauldron you have managed to destroy Longbottom." Snape snapped. "50 points from Gryffindor! And you Hatake, I heard that you were supposed to be some kind of genius from what Minato Sensei has told me. But apparently that sad excuse for a wizard was wrong."

Kakashi boiled with rage, no one disrespected his teacher. The last person who did he killed; he couldn't quite do that for this situation but he wish he could. He settled for letting some killing intent leak out in fumes, hoping to unsettle the Potions Master, and maybe perhaps threaten the man.

"If you can't recall, Minato Sensei and I are not wizards, and you probably have a vague idea of what we are capable of so if you ever insult Minato Sensei again, I will kill you." Kakashi said in a hushed whisper, being sure that no student could hear. Snape's
face contorted into a crude glare, trying to also frighten Kakashi. The boy just looked at him bored, not effected whatsoever by Snapes attempt.

"Since you are being hosted by Gryffindor, I shall also take away another 50 points on your behalf Mr. Hatake." Snape said and left them alone to clean up the mess.

"Bloody hell Kakashi, how did you do that?!" Ron said shocked. No one stood up to Professor Snape unless you wanted a death wish. Kakashi shrugged his shoulders and ignored the question, returning to help Neville  clean up the potion.

Both the Gryffindors and the Slytherins ran towards DADA, eager to see how the Ex-Auror directed the class. Many rumors spread around the castle saying how awesome his class was. That apparently Moody knows what it's like to actually go up against the Dark Arts. But considering that he had been and Auror, that didn't surprise them. Kakashi was also looking forward to meeting Professor Moody, he was the only wizard he had met that didn't look like a wimp.

They all took out their books The Dark Forces: A guide to Self-Protection and waited for Professor Moody, who came in a few minutes later.

"You can all put those away, those books. You won't need them." He said in his gruff voice. Ron looked absolutely pleased at the prospect of not having to use a book. Moody proceeded to take role, his magical eye traveling around the room.

"Right then. I've had a letter from Professor Lupin about this class. Seems you've had a pretty thorough grounding in tackling Dark creatures. But your very behind on dealing with curses. So it will be my responsibility to bring you up to par on what wizards can do to each other. So - straight into it. Curses come in many strengths and forms. For anyone who saw, the one Malfoy cast was weak and dry. Luckily." He said as his eye fell on Kakashi. Kakashi fidgetid in his seat, the gaze from the electric blue eye set off warning bells in his head. He wondered if that was what others felt about his Sharingan eye.

"According to the Ministry of Magic,  I'm not supposed to show you what Dark curses look like until your 6th year, but I say differntly. You need to be prepared, you need to know what your up against. Constant vigilance!" He said as he slammed his hand down on his desk. Causing a few of the students to jump in surprise.

"Now... do any of you know which curses are the most heavily punished by wizarding law? These three curses are called the Unforgivable Curses."

Kakashi's interest was now peaked, of what he has seen, most wizards were pansies. But to know that their were certain spells you weren't allowed to use due their heinous nature, caught his attention. Slowly he saw a few hands go up, Moody called on Ron to answer.

"M-my Dad t-told me about one... it is called the Imperious Curse." Ron said.

"Ah, yes. Your father would know all about that, it caused the Ministry a lot of grief." Professor Moody said. He walked over to one of the shelves and pulled out a glass jar that had a large strange looking spider. Kakashi saw Ron flinch at the sight of it. (Note: Kakashi is sitting behind Harry and Ron). Kakashi guessed that Ron was terrified of spiders.

Moody took the spider out of the jar and held it in the palm of his hand. Then he pointed his wand at it and muttered, "Imperio!"

The spider lept from Moody's hand down onto the desk and started what appeared to be tap dancing. So the Imperious Curse is like the technique used by the Yamanaka clan Kakashi thought to himself. That wasn't so unforgivable, he thought dryly. Sure it had its downsides, but when you were in a war you had to result to low techniques in order to survive and receive important information.

Everyone in the classroom started laughing, except for Professor Moody and Kakashi.

"You think it's funny do you? Would you like it if I were to do it you, make you jump out of a window, or have you kill someone." Moody said seriously. Everyone went quiet, the laughter dying down emidiately.

"Anyone else know one? Another illegal curse?" Moody asked. A few hands went up and to Kakashi's suprise, Neville raised his hand. For as long as he had known the clumsy wizard he only ever participated in Herbology. Neville seemed to be shocked at his own movements as well. Professor Moody looked at Neville nodding his head.

"There's one.... The Cruciatus Curse" Neville said in a quiet voice, Kakashi was probably the only one to hear him, but apparently Moody heard him as well.

"Yes, the Cruciatus Curse." Professor Moody said loud enough for the class. "Needs to be bigger in order for you all to get the idea. Ingorgio." He said as the spider grew to a larger size.

"Crucio!"

The spiders legs crippled beneath it's own body; rolling over onto its side jerking violently. Kakashi saw the looks of the other students faces and almost laughed at how pitiful they all looked. This was nothing to what he has been through, he had been captured by Iwa Ninja and was subject to torture and interrogation, he had the scars to prove it. Although it was nothing compared to Ibiki Morino.

"Stop it!" Hermione said loudly.

Kakashi looked at her, following her gaze. Neville was stark white and trembling slightly. Moody also noticed and pulled his wand away, stopping the spell. Neville slouched into his chair, looking on the verge of passing out. Kakashi knew that Neville was sort of a wimp but he knew that look. That was the look of a defeated warrior, Kakashi gathered that he probably had experience in dealing with this particular curse. He now felt great respect towards Neville.

"Pain. You don't need thumbscrews or knives to torture if you can perform the Cruciatus Curse... now does anyone know the last one?" Professor Moody asked solumly.

Hermione was the only one to raise her hand.

"Yes?" Moody asked looking at her.

"Avada Kedavra." She whispered.

"Ah, yes. The last and worst. The killing curse. Only one person has survived it, and he is sitting here in this room." Professor Moody said, a smile twisting his lopsided mouth.

Kakashi leaned forward in his seat. So, these wizards had a curse that could kill in an instant. Maybe they weren't such wimps after all. He thought to himself.

Moody pointed his wand at the spider.

"Arvada Kedavra." Moody said in a bloodthirsty tone, all that came was a flash of green light and the spider was dead.

What? That's it? No blood, no pain... just death? Images of Kakashi's friends passed through his vision. Obito's body... crushed and mangled, an eye missing from the socket. Rin, her chest spread open from the hole that he placed, her beautiful features contorted with pain.... His father, who took his own tanto and stabbed himself through the abdomen, blood staining the floor. Blood. Blood. Blood.

Kakashi didn't know that he had started laughing, with tears threatening to come down. It wasn't until Harry spoke that he realized it.

"Why the bloody Hell are you laughing!" Harry asked angrily, standing up to face Kakashi. Moody was looking at the almost hysterical silver haired child. A child he knew had seen and experienced much. Dumbledore had told him of Kakashi's and Minato's mission, he also told him what the boy had been through in his short life as a child soldier.

"I'm sorry, it's just that... You wizards cower away from something so pathetic!"

"My parents were killed by that curse, their death was not pathetic!" Harry snapped. "Besides, you don't know anything, your parents didn't die to protect you! You never had to hear your mothers screams as she was killed by Voldemort! You know nothing of death!"

"No Potter, you know nothing." Kakashi said dangerously.

"I know nothing? You have no idea of the pain of being an orphan!" Harry yelled. The class was silent and Moody was just waiting for Kakashi to shove it in Harry's face, because he knew that Harry just crossed the line.

"Stop thinking that you are the only one here who has lost their parents. You don't know the pain of knowing them and then them leaving you. You didn't know your parents." Kakashi said.

"Oh, so what your parents leave you Kakashi. Well maybe they left because you were a bad son! Or maybe because they found at tree and decided that was a better way to go!" Harry said quickly not really thinking about what he said.

For Kakashi, that broke the straw, he lunged towards Harry punching him in the jaw, then grabbed the boy by his robes pulling him foreward, staring deep into Harry's green eyes.

"Let me tell you something. My mother died during childbirth, I never knew her, like how you never knew yours. And yes, my father did kill himself. He failed a mission that could have won a war, so the Villiage dubbed him a traitor and shunned him into a deep depression that led to him stabbing himself when I was 5 years old. You have never been in a war Potter, you don't know what it's like to see thousands of dead rotting corpses. Or to see your best friend be crushed by a boulder, mangling his body." Kakashi seethed.

Harry stumbled back, that was not the reply he had expected. He wanted to apologize, but before he could Kakashi left the classroom. Harry looked towards Professor Moody, who looked very upset with him.

"Class dismissed." Moody said gravely. "Harry, stay behind."

Once everyone had exited the room, Harry prepared himself for a heavy skolding, however; Professor Moody just put his hand on his sholdur.

"Potter, I'm going to tell you something that you might not want to hear, and deffinantly something that Dumbledore does not wish for any of us to tell you. But Kakashi Hatake was sent here on a mission assigned by Dumbledore to protect you. Even if that means protecting you from yourself. Kakashi was right, you cannot just assume that everyone's live is better than yours. It's true that you lost your parents as Kakashi put it, "pathetically", however that does not mean their sacrifice means anything less. As you have probably figured out, Kakashi and his Sensei are not wizards. They are something far more powerful, and something greater to be feared. He is a Shinobi, someone who is viewed in his culture, as nothing more than a tool; someone who cannot show their emotions. He has been in a war since the age of 5, and they only just won the war 4 months ago. That's 10+ years of having to deal with death Harry. I will say nothing more... The rest is up to you." Mad-Eye Moody said gravely.

........................................................................

I hoped you enjoyed this chapter!!!

Next chapter shows Minato Sensei's class!!! It will take place directly after this one in terms of time, just so you don't get confused.

Have a great week!!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

911K 41K 60
Lord Hokage knows of a girl, a young, adorable, incredibly sadistic girl. This girl is in the Asylum For Dangerous Patients, yet he lets her out. He...
235K 8.9K 50
[Book Three] It's Jessica's fourth year at Hogwarts. Hogwarts is hosting the Triwizard Tournament, but that's lot the only danger Jessica will be in.
315 25 8
After Madara reveals the harrowing truth behind the Uchiha Massacre, Kakashi finds himself in a unique position to alter the course of history. His p...
957K 39.8K 36
The Fourth Hokage's body was never found, but they never suspected that was because he hadn't died. Minato Namikaze wakes up six years after the deva...