The Rampant Bond

By keyleehargis

After the sectors being demolished under the reign of Queen Scarlett and King Christian, Katherine Heights wa... More

Before You Read
Chapter One|| A little freedom never hurt nobody
Chapter Two|| Shelter
Chapter Three|| Curious
Chapter Four|| And thus they meet
Chapter Five|| What to do
Chapter Six|| Mates
Chapter Seven|| Moving In
Chapter Eight|| Stacy
Chapter Nine|| Just Friends
Chapter Ten|| Full Moons
Chapter Twelve|| Picking Sides
Chapter Thirteen|| Rudeness
Chapter Fourteen|| Whisper of lies
Chapter Fifteen|| Regret
Chapter Sixteen|| Mom's Guidance
Chapter Seventeen|| Talks
Chapter Eighteen|| Date Night
Chapter Nineteen|| Mommy & Daddy
Chapter Twenty|| The Marking
Chapter Twenty One|| Unknown Callers
Chapter Twenty Two|| Sneaky Plans
Chapter Twenty-Three|| Notes
Chapter Twenty-Four|| Mad Alphas
Chapter Twenty-Five|| Missing friends
Chapter Twenty-Six|| What to do
Chapter Twenty-Seven|| By the sea
Chapter Twenty-Eight|| Need a getaway
Chapter Twenty-Nine|| New Jersey
Chapter Thirty|| Tag
Chapter Thirty-One|| Breakdowns
Chapter Thirty-Two|| Plans
Chapter Thirty-Three|| Aftermath
Chapter Thirty-Four|| Preparing
Chapter Thirty-Five|| Heat
Chapter Thirty-Six|| The day after
Chapter Thirty-Seven|| Trying
Thirty-Eight|| Positive
Chapter Thirty-Nine|| News
Epilogue

Chapter Eleven|| I'm Sorry

27.2K 1.4K 107
By keyleehargis

{Katherine's POV}

I groaned trying to stand from the now lukewarm water. My body felt like needles were repeatedly stabbing everywhere and my neck was covered in sweat. Whimpering, I managed to get out of the tub and tried walking to the shower only to fall to my knees with a scream as another wave hit me.

Adrian is coming. He heard what you said. He's coming. I repeated this over and over again.

I sobbed when I realized I wasn't even strong enough to get up and go to the shower that was five feet away. The pain was becoming unbearable. I knew another wave was coming with the heat that was crawling up my neck and I felt this would be the breaking point. I'd surely pass out from the pain.

That doesn't sound too bad though, my subconscious spoke.

I was distracted from the pain momentarily as I heard my bedroom door burst open and I heard pieces of something hit the ground outside the bathroom door. Did Adrian just break down my door?

Sure enough my bathroom door opened and Adrian's eyes were a shining bright orange as he stared at me with heavy breathing. Seconds later he was scooping me up in his arms and I moaned in relief at the contact of his touch. The pain instantly settled.

"Im so sorry, baby." He whispered as he carried me to the shower and turned on the cold water as cold as he could get it.

He pushed back my sweaty hair from my face looking me over. My eyes were droopy and he cursed walking into the shower with us not caring to get his expensive suit soaked with water.

He held me closely but turned us where the water was hitting my back and I sighed snuggling closer to him.

"I can't believe I forgot. This is my job and I forgot. Shit!" He cursed again angrily.

"You're here now. T-that's all that matters." I managed to get out and tightened my hold on him as if he'd disappear any moment.

"Im not going anywhere, Kate." He spoke his arms tightening around my waist.

"I can't stand it any longer." I groaned out as a dull pain started again.

I felt his hands drop from my waist to the back of my thighs and I gasped at the contact before he picked me up and wrapped my legs around his waist.

"Good thing you don't have to." He replied holding me and I wanted to cry at how much this meant to me.

Here he was holding me like a father would hold his child, standing in cold water.

He's your mate, idiot. He's supposed to, that nagging voice spoke up again.

Be mad at him. He left you all alone, it reminded but I couldn't find it in me. He still came to take care of me.

"Adrian." I groaned feeling the pain quick up a bit, wiggling in his grasp.

His hold tightened on me as he gulped and I noticed his control was slipping.

"Do something." I pleaded not knowing what I was really asking for.

"I can't." He said and I managed to look up at him.

"What?"

"I will lose control. I'm not good with control, Katherine, you don't understand." He said and I shook my head.

"I don't give a damn about your control. Lose it then." I said and his eyes shined a bright orange again.

"Kate-" I cut him off by leaning forward placing my lips on his.

I don't know what came over me, but the need to feel some type of relief from the pain took over. If just basic skin to skin contact helped some, then what would a kiss do?

I felt him give up the last bit of control as he kissed me back possessively and hungrily. My back hit the tiled wall of the shower and his grip on my thighs tightened even more that could cause a bruise but it only made the kiss more intense for me. I loved it.

His tongue slowly slipped into me mine as he fought for the dominance every male thrived for and won. His expert tongue roamed my mouth hungrily and I threaded my hands through his hair tugging earning a low growl to emerge from his chest.

His mouth left mine and I tried to catch my breath as he placed kisses along my jaw and slowly trailed them down my neck. The pain was all forgotten and I could scream with relief knowing this was working. Adrian's hands roamed my body greedily and I was bathed with his kisses. I was living for this.

"Adrian..." His name left my lips and a growl of appreciation emerged once again.

His lips met mine again swiftly and I was pressed harder against the wall.

"I need to stop." He mumbled between his kisses and I shook my head no.

Seconds later my feet were on the ground again as I leaned against the wall and Adrian was already out of the shower running his hands through his hair and he slightly shook; his wolf was fighting for control ready to be released.

I watched as he pulled off the jacket of his suit and threw it aside and tugged off his shirt doing the same. I looked away as he unbuttoned his dress pants. I could feel the heat threatening to wash back over me. I whimpered without his touch.

"One second, baby, just let me take a moment," Adrian spoke bringing me from my thoughts. I looked at his figure as he only stood in boxers and his hands were gripping the bathroom's sink as he leaned over breathing deeply.

The muscles in his back were tight and I greedily looked him over. He was like an Adonis himself.

He stood straightening and turned to face me and I watched as his eyes roamed over my body. He walked back into the shower and turned it off and once again wrapped me into his grasp and I clung to him wanting to feel the soothing feeling I once had.

"Let's get you laid down." He said and I nodded as he picked me up bridal style and carried me into the room.

"What about my...wet clothes?" I asked but a bra and underwear are hardly clothes.

"Would you like to change? Can you manage?" I nodded.

I think so.

He brought me to my closet and sat me on my feet.

"I'll be quick," I mumbled and he nodded shutting the door.

I quickly stripped changing into some new ones and threw on a big t-shirt. My neck was already starting to get sweaty again.

I opened the door walking out and he waved me over to the bed. I hurried, walking to him and climbed into the bed and he was quick to pull me to him when I laid down. He wrapped his arms around my waist resting his head in the crook of my neck placing a delicate kiss there.

"I'm sorry." He mumbled and I couldn't help but smile.

"It's okay. I didn't think about this either. You're not the only one." I replied and heard him sigh.

"It's my job to take care if you though, Katherine. I'm mad because this is something that I should have been prepared for. You were in pain for Goddess knows how long and I basically failed you."

"Don't say that. I'm fine, look at me. I'm more than fine." I said with a small grin thinking about previous moments in the shower.

He let out a chuckle, his breath tickling my neck.

"You're a temptress. I couldn't help myself." He replied and I felt his hand slide down my thigh a bit causing my heart to pick back up that crazy speed he causes.

I only hummed in response and he pulled away from my neck and met my eyes.

"I'll make this up to you, alright?" I smiled.

"Alright."

Though, I feel we're going to have to have a serious talk about Stacy. I wasn't getting a good vibe from this woman. 

_______________________________________________________________________

okay Adrian...

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

169K 3.4K 26
Wait he kissed me. What the hell was this? Who was this? And why did it feel so great? It took all my strength to push this guy off of me. He really...
1.2M 62.1K 41
He's the most horrid, audacious Alpha known. His name sends chills down wolves' spines. With a horrible past, he's not one to be messed with. They sa...
401K 14.7K 48
*contains mature content* "Your mate was the last piece to the puzzle. I sent my men there to kill her while you were busy fighting with the alphas...
3.3M 149K 49
Book 4 in 'the bond series' ________________________________________________ He's smarter than most, if not all. He's known for saving countless of p...