The Rampant Bond

By keyleehargis

After the sectors being demolished under the reign of Queen Scarlett and King Christian, Katherine Heights wa... More

Before You Read
Chapter One|| A little freedom never hurt nobody
Chapter Two|| Shelter
Chapter Three|| Curious
Chapter Four|| And thus they meet
Chapter Five|| What to do
Chapter Six|| Mates
Chapter Seven|| Moving In
Chapter Eight|| Stacy
Chapter Nine|| Just Friends
Chapter Eleven|| I'm Sorry
Chapter Twelve|| Picking Sides
Chapter Thirteen|| Rudeness
Chapter Fourteen|| Whisper of lies
Chapter Fifteen|| Regret
Chapter Sixteen|| Mom's Guidance
Chapter Seventeen|| Talks
Chapter Eighteen|| Date Night
Chapter Nineteen|| Mommy & Daddy
Chapter Twenty|| The Marking
Chapter Twenty One|| Unknown Callers
Chapter Twenty Two|| Sneaky Plans
Chapter Twenty-Three|| Notes
Chapter Twenty-Four|| Mad Alphas
Chapter Twenty-Five|| Missing friends
Chapter Twenty-Six|| What to do
Chapter Twenty-Seven|| By the sea
Chapter Twenty-Eight|| Need a getaway
Chapter Twenty-Nine|| New Jersey
Chapter Thirty|| Tag
Chapter Thirty-One|| Breakdowns
Chapter Thirty-Two|| Plans
Chapter Thirty-Three|| Aftermath
Chapter Thirty-Four|| Preparing
Chapter Thirty-Five|| Heat
Chapter Thirty-Six|| The day after
Chapter Thirty-Seven|| Trying
Thirty-Eight|| Positive
Chapter Thirty-Nine|| News
Epilogue

Chapter Ten|| Full Moons

27.7K 1.4K 171
By keyleehargis

{Katherine's POV}

"Good morning," I spoke as I walked into the kitchen where Ivy and Adrian were having breakfast.

"Morning, love. I made pancakes and bacon if you'd like some." Adrian offered.

"That sounds amazing, thank you." At the sight of the food, my mouth began to water.

I had some time to kill before I headed to the station and breakfast sounded amazing. I didn't really eat breakfast much because I was always running late or avoiding Eric. Yeah...I definitely was the cause of the breakup.

It's nice to be able to sit down and eat. Not to mention, Adrian cooked it. Could he be any more perfect? I couldn't help but eye him as I made me a plate and sat down at the table with them.

"Good morning, Ivy." I smiled cutting a piece of my pancake up.

"Mowning." She said with a giggle and I wanted to awe as Adrian cut up her pancakes for her in bite-size pieces.

"How did you sleep?" Adrian asked once he was done helping Ivy and turned back to his plate and started eating.

"I slept well. You?"

Why did this sound awkward?

"Same." The sound of utensils scraping against plates was heard once again and I could laugh at how weird this was.

He wasn't used to eating breakfast with anyone besides Ivy and I wasn't used to doing any of this in general. Odd pairing we are.

Adrian glanced at his watch and sighed. "I need to head to work. Can you make sure she gets done eating all her food and take her to Clark so she can go to Stephanie's?" He asked and then took the last bite of his pancakes and grabbed his plate standing.

"Yeah, no problem," I said as he placed his dish in the sink.

"Bye, baby girl." He said as he walked over placing a kiss on the top of Ivy's head and started to walk off before he stopped and turned walking around to my side and placed a kiss on my cheek causing me to laugh.

"Got two girls to kiss goodbye to now. Bye, babe." He winked and once again went to leave but stopped.

"Oh yeah, tonight Clark will be taking Ivy to his house after he picks her up so she can spend some time with Audrey. I will be home late because after I leave the office Stacy wants to have dinner for some celebration for work or something." He explained and I wanted to yell at him for going to dinner with the woman who wanted to rid me, but I refrained and managed a small nod returning to my food.

"Katherine, remember what I told you last night." He added in a warning tone before leaving. I sighed looking at Ivy who seemed just dandy munching away on her pancakes carefree.

I wish I could feel like that.

"More milk?" She asked raising her cup causing me to let out a small laugh. She's too cute.

"Coming right up."

***

After I helped Ivy finish eating and get cleaned up I took her to Clark and headed off to work.

"You're here. Good, we have a lot of people listening in today." Eddie said when I walked in and I shrugged off my coat hanging it on the coat rack and tossed my stuff next to my chair and took a seat before my mic.

"Well, I'm ready," I told him mentally preparing myself for what was to come.

Eddie walked back into his studio taking his seat and after getting anything ready he signaled me I was on the air.

"Hello, lovely people of New York. This is True Talk Radio with your host Katherine Heights. Man, do I have a story for you guys today." And that's how it started.

I tried to clear up the confusion on what the rumors had been saying ever since Adrian called that day. No, I wasn't dating him. No, I'm not a bed warmer. And a bunch of other stuff. I may or may not have left out that we were mates, but then again I didn't know if Adrian wanted people to know right away anyway. But...why else would he call the station if he didn't want people to know? He practically broadcasted it.

I took a few callers answering questions here and there. Lunch came around and I got a burger with Eddie and we chatted until we had to be back in the studio. I did my true talk segment of the day and it may or may not have been about how girls should stay away from taken guys that I may or may not have aimed at Stacy...

"And that is it for the day. I thank you for your concerns and calls. Thanks for tuning in and I will be back on Thursday. Tune in to Briana's station ninety-three point four for a chance to win free concert tickets! Have a good day. This is Katherine Heights, stay bright bitches." I went off the air and let out a satisfied sound.

Sure, I like to hear myself talk but sometimes it gets boring.

"You know...I'm surprised you came in today," Eddie said and I raised a brow.

"Why?"

"Well, when it was the full moon I didn't let my mate out of my sight." He chuckled moving some boxes of new equipment around.

"Tonight's the full moon?!" His eyes widened.

"You didn't know? Yes. I would start to head home to the alpha. It's getting dark." He encouraged and my heart stopped.

Adrian is at that dinner. Stupid Stacy probably planned this.

I quickly picked up my phone and dialed his number. He didn't pick up. I dialed again...nothing.

"You've got to be kidding me," I grunted.

I was quick to tell Eddie bye and scurried out the doors and to my car.

***

"Adrian, pick up your phone you ass," I yelled throwing my phone on my bed.

This cannot be happening.

Clark isn't here to contact Adrian. Who knows when he'll be home!

I looked out my window seeing the moon rise high and strong. How we could be so stupid and forget this night of all nights? I moved in with him because of this reason!

Ten minutes later and Adrian still wasn't picking up. What the actual hell?

I have to get someone to mind link him.

I exited my bedroom walking down the hall searching for his third in command. I've seen him around the mansion a couple of times. Though twenty minutes later I came to conclusion he wasn't here and I was utterly screwed. Luck wasn't on my side today because it seemed I was the only one home.

"You're a big girl, Katherine and you don't take shit from no one, not even the Moon Goddess," I told myself as I stared at my reflection in the mirror determined to do this on my own.

"You can do this." I chanted as I grabbed the bowl of ice I brought from the kitchen and dumped it into the ice cold water I had prepared prior. I grabbed some towels and walked back into my bedroom and stuffed one under the crack of my main door to lessen the sound and my scent from getting out.

I locked the door and walked back into the bathroom and stripped down to my bra and underwear and pulled my hair into a messy bun. I could feel the air thicken and my skin started to get hot and sticky.

"I am a bad bitch. I can do anything." I spoke to myself trying to hype me up.

"Adrian can screw himself and Stacy," I spoke again stepping into the cold water. "Preferably not Stacy." I corrected sinking into the water.

My skin chilled and goosebumps broke out.

Then it happened: The first wave.

I squeezed my eyes shut grinding my teeth as pin like pricks broke out in my lower abdomen. Then a cry escaped me as it felt like fire drenched my body.

You're a weak baboon, my subconscious scolded.

"Oh, I am so not having children," I spoke in a shaky voice.

The first wave subsided but without a mate present, it was like the waves didn't stop and didn't give me a minute to breath...no they kept coming.

I cursed as the second wave hit me harder and more painful.

By now tears were streaming down my face as I sobbed hysterically. I probably looked like Kim Kardashian crying right now.

"I can't do this." I cried out shaking my head.

Adrian will come home, right? He'll come for me?

I was given a minute of peace and I reached over next to the tub and grabbed my phone. I have to try and call him again.

{Adrian's POV}

"I'm so happy you came out tonight." Stacy thanked as I walked her to her car.

"It's no problem," I replied opening her door for her and she smiled.

"I just wish your brother could see you right now. You're going to be in a movie. That's amazing, Stace." I said and she was beamed up at me.

"Thank you, Adrian. I too wish he was here." Hurt flashed across her features and she tried to cover it with a smile but I caught it.

Pulling her into a hug I wished her goodbye and good luck.

"Bye, Adrian. I'll see you soon." She placed a kiss on my cheek before getting in her car and I shut the door.

After she drove off I headed to my car and unlocked it getting in. I noticed my phone sitting in the cup holder and my brows furrowed as I patted my pockets. Oh great, I left it in here.

I started the car and reached over grabbing it and clicked the home button. My heart dropped when I saw I had almost twenty miss calls from Katherine. I was about to play a voicemail when her name popped up again and I clicked answer quickly putting it to my ear.

"Katherine I'm so sorry I forgot my phone in the-" I stopped when I heard her sobbing.

"What's wrong?!" I nearly yelled.

"H-Heat." She cried out and the phone fell from my hands as I threw the gears into drive and slammed on the accelerator. 

__________________________________________________________________

*Sips tea*

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 62.1K 41
He's the most horrid, audacious Alpha known. His name sends chills down wolves' spines. With a horrible past, he's not one to be messed with. They sa...
9.7K 423 24
"I will spend the rest of my life fighting to protect you." Piper had been a prisoner in what she called home. She was being forced to marry someone...
1.5M 76.4K 36
Being the Immaculate Pack, a pack of innocence and freedom, you would never expect a gruesome murder to happen. You would think the people there woul...
200K 5K 95
"You will submit to me!" He growled, clenching his jaw as he glared down at me. I raised a brow and looked him dead in the eyes "No 'Alpha'." I smirk...