Blood Shades

By DeathxDemon

Leera wasn't one to be messed with. She's feisty, sarcastic, holds a short temper and has a 'take no prisoner... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38 - Epilogue

Chapter 15

35.1K 883 70
By DeathxDemon

Chapter 15

Leera’s POV

Okay, I admit, maybe I should’ve told him earlier.

Because right now I was in the pack house, on ‘lock down’, I had five guards standing outside Blake’s door, and another ten at the entrance to the Alpha’s wing. It turns out he actually did know who ‘Alex Simmons’ was, and he managed to punch a few holes in the wall and destroy the corridor we were in. I swear if the situation we were in wasn’t serious, I would’ve burst out laughing at his temper tantrum. It was seriously amusing.

So right now I was trying to figure out a way to get to his conference room to help him with Jackson. When Blake forced me to climb onto his back so we could get to the pack house quicker, I asked why I could shift and run myself- all I got was a deep growl from his wolf. I really don’t like his wolf, he’s demanding, possessive and fucking annoying, he also gets jealous easily.

‘So does his human, you idiot’ my wolf muttered dryly, choosing to ignore her, I went on with devising a plan to get past those guards. I knew the conference room was a couple halls down, and he had gotten his beta, generals and whoever else to find a way to track down Jackson.

Yeah, somehow the faggot had known I was going to tell Blake, and hightailed out of the packs land, which probably would’ve taken a couple hours if he lived here. I was wondering why Blake had locked me in his room, when he should’ve known I would find a way to get past those guards.

He seriously underestimates my awesomeness.

Although he was smart enough to lock the balcony door, but not smart enough to lock the large windows surrounding it. But I had to find a way to make sure the guards didn’t hear me, because if one decided to check on me- I was screwed.

So I walked into the bathroom and turned the shower on. They probably thought I was having a shower, but that was to make them think that. Walking out of the bathroom, I put some music on from my phone, turning up on full; I made sure I turned closed the door quietly behind me. Then I heard the guards start talking, probably thinking that I wouldn’t hear them. Hah, Blake would kill them if he heard them, I remember him saying to them ‘You are to be alert at all times, no one is to go in and out of this room besides me or your beta. Do you understand? Also, no talking or playing on your phone unless it’s an emergency’.

Rolling my eyes, I knew they needed more training, if these were his ‘best’, then I’d hate to see his worst. Padding over to the window quietly, I unlatched the lock, and lifted it up carefully. Once it was open enough so I could slip through, I laid flat on my stomach, and pushed myself through the gap. Times like these I was glad I didn’t wear dresses or skirts often, I was wearing light blue flexible skinny jeans, with red high-top converses and a black tank top. When I finally pushed myself under, I flipped over on my back, and jumped up, making sure my feet landed softly on the ground.

Smiling to myself, I realised how stupid the guards were. Did they really think that I was going to have a shower when there was a chance they could catch my rapist?

Looking around the balcony, it had glass railing, and grey tiles. It had the odd plants here and there, and a black table with two chairs. Shaking my head; I got on with the job. Next to the balcony, was a small ledge that went around the entire building. All I had to do was walk around till I found it, didn’t sound so hard.

Lifting my leg over the railing, I held myself up so I could swing around and land on the strip of tiles poking out from behind the railings. Settling my feet on the small strip of tiles, I looked down from the three storey level I was on. There were kids playing and adults chatting with each other, yet here I was spending my New Year’s Day scaling walls.

Great.

Continuing on, I balanced both of my feet on the ledge, and placed my hands flat on the wall for support. Grunting, I lifted my left foot and crossed it over my right, and did the same with my right foot to my left. I had a rough idea of where I was meant to be, I’m pretty sure I had to be on the opposite wall I was now. But that was just a guess.

But it was still something. So clinging to the wall, I made my way very slowly across the small ledge, passing windows and other balconies. Once I made it to the corner, I saw a group of people my age laughing at some joke. One girl with blonde hair was lying on the grass floor laughing, and when she opened her eyes, she saw me. Her eyes widened comically, and a loud gasp broke through her mouth.

“Oh my god!” she yelled, the group she was with automatically started asking what was wrong; all she did was point at me. They all turned their heads and looked at me, looking down at them, I waved.

“Who the fuck is that?” one guy asked, he looked to be the leader of the group. He had chestnut brown hair, but I couldn’t tell the colour of his eyes, I think they were hazel or green, but he was tall.

“I think she’s the alpha’s mate… you know the one who yelled at him” another girl mentioned, and wrapped her arms around his waist, they were probably mates.

“Then what the hell is she doing up there? He’s gonna crack the shits, you know” The ‘leader’ pointed out, his mate sighed and pressed at kiss to his cheek. I could tell he instantly softened, and turned around to give her a hug. Rolling my eyes, I decided to give them an answer.

“Blake locked the door and placed guards everywhere, had to find a way to get out!” I yelled.

“Surprise, surprise” a guy with blonde hair coughed behind his hand.

“You’re gonna fall” The leader smirked, glaring at him I knew I could do this with my hands behind my back.

“No I won’t, and besides, he’s being an ass” a few of them chuckled, and the leader shook his head, a small smile on his face.

“You know you’re three stories above the ground” he chuckled.

“Way to point out the obvious, Gabe” the girl leaning against him muttered, a dry sense of humour radiated off her.

“Your girlfriend’s right, you are kind of slow” I informed him, trying to keep a straight face. The group around him laughed, and his mate smiled smugly.

“See what I have to deal with every day?” she cried, I look of horror on her face. ‘Gabe’ just frowned down at her, and then a mischievous look flashed in his eyes. I really have to remember that I’m still climbing a house.

“Well since you don’t want me around, I’ll just be leaving” he pouted, and got up, the girl rolled her eyes, and looked at her fingernails.

“Okay then, I guess we won’t be having sex tonight then. Have fun wanking” she smirked, annoyance clouded his features and in a flash he was hovering above her on all fours. Everyone in the group backed away, and gave them some privacy.

“If it’s you watching, then sure as hell I will be” he growled, it was then that I decided to give then some privacy. She laughed, and pushed him away.

“Sick bastard…” she grumbled, and then turned to look at me “See you around? I’m Opal by the way, and the idiot behind me is Gabriel” Opal said hopefully, her light brown curls wrapping around her face from the wind.

“Sure, I’m Leera; we’ll see each other when I find a way to get my mate off my back for a minute” and when I find that rapist dickhead, I almost added in. She nodded her head, before Gabriel took her back in his arms.

“Leera… You don’t hear that one often” the blonde one muttered, and I tuned out from there. Why does everyone say that? Shaking my head, I continued across the wall, I wasn’t too worried about Jackson; the only thing I was really worried about was the other girls he might have taken. I was seriously going to smash his head in if I find out he’s been taking other girls.

Making it to the other corner, I moved my hand around to the grab onto something. When I felt a window pane, I gripped it, and quickly moved my feet around the corner, the ground was a far distance down, but since I recently shifted, it would be a piece of cake if I had to jump. Continuing to walk, I came across a window that looked more sturdy and sound-proof than the others.

When I looked inside, I saw a large wooden conference table, there were black desk chairs all around it, and only half were full. Blake was sitting at the head of the table with a serious expression on his face. A guy with light brown hair and dark green eyes was sitting to Blake’s left, and I had a feeling that he was the beta. The other people who were sitting around the table were men who looked like they had spent their whole lives training and lifting weights. They all had bulging muscles and scars over them.

Waving at the window, Blake’s beta noticed, and his eyes went as big as saucers. His mouth gaped open, and flapped around like a fish out of water. I could hear him stuttering slightly, I knew he was catching Blake’s attention.

“… So we’ll have to- What the hell are you doing Kyle?!” I heard Blake ask through the window. I knew this room was sound-proof inside and out, and that the only way to hear was if you were near a window. Making a quick decision, I opened the window to the room on the right, and jumped through just as Blake looked out from the room he was in.

“Nope, don’t see anyone out here Kyle, are you sure you’re okay…” I couldn’t hear the rest of what he said, but I knew Kyle would look like a weirdo for hallucinating. Looking around, I realised I had stepped into another conference room; this one was smaller and had a TV, but the theme was much the same. Walking over to the door, I cracked it open and waited to hear anyone walk past. You would think that the guards would’ve realised that I had left the room, but no.

Eh, they were probably scared that the Alpha would kill them or something.

When I didn’t hear any noises, I slipped through the gap, and shut the door quietly. Turning around, I walked to the nearest door on my let, and pressed my ear against it.

“… He could be anywhere by now! I bet he probably joined another pack, why don’t we warn all the packs in the continent about Jackson?” a man yelled.

“He probably escaped to Russia, why don’t we look for him there?” another one put in. Why the hell would he go to Russia, why not another country?! Rolling my eyes, I decided to put them out of their misery. I slowly tried to knob, but realised the door was locked. So I pulled out a bobby-pin from my hair, and unlocked the door with a few flicks of my wrist. Well that was easier than I thought. Pushing it open, I came face to face with a table full of men.

“You’re all idiots. He’s the beta to the Blood River rouge pack”

DeathxDemon

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 41.2K 55
Erza, the future Alpha of the Blood Moon pack, has a perfect life. He succeeds in everything and girls are falling in his arms. But the only one he w...
17.3K 141 22
A girl who has had a normal childhood, finds out that she is anything but normal. Not only is she a werewolf, but she is the daughter to the greatest...
1.2K 87 37
Avery Ross is a seventeen year old girl, who lost her father by a horrible wolf attack. School is pretty much the only place that can keep her mind o...
315 84 30
~ In the light of the Blood Moon the Crimson Stone shall reveal the true Alpha ~ Wanette Argent has spent her entire life locked away in the basement...