Never Let You Go

By LeiaOrganaSolo98

A story about Han & Leia between the end of Return Of The Jedi and The Last Jedi. More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 17

137 4 5
By LeiaOrganaSolo98

      The next day, the five of them spent the day walking around town and catching up. In the afternoon, they went down to the beach. Luke, Cora, and Chewie headed back to the house at sunset. Han and Leia stayed behind, telling their friends that they would be in shortly. After they walked away, Han walked over to Leia, who was lying down in the sand. They both knew that they were trying all day to avoid talking about it, but now they were alone and they knew they had to talk about it sometime.

"Hey," he sighed, giving her a soft smile. "This seat taken?" he joked. She laughed and patted her hand in the sand. He smiled and sat next to her.

"Last night, you told me we would talk about it today." He said. She nodded, sitting up. "I know you talked to Chewie."

"I did." She nodded.

"I know that you're worried." He sighed.

"Yeah, it's natural for someone to worry about things when they are pregnant."

"Leia, I know you're scared."

"Oh. You do, do you?" she sounded frustrated.

"You don't have to be."

"I don't see you being the one who has to have this child." She snapped at him.

"I know, I just want you to know that you'll be fine." She shook her head and stood up. Han stood up beside her.

"Oh, thanks. That really helps a lot. Do you have to be concerned about dying?" she spat out. Han stared at her.

"You won't die. You'll be here for years and years. We already talked about this." His anger showing.

"Then why are we talking about it at all?!" She yelled. "You told me you didn't want to talk about it anymore and I agreed, Han. Have you heard me talk about it since that day?"

"No."

"See?! You know I haven't. Besides, when I talked about it, it was to Chewie. Not you! You're forgetting it was the same day too. I was scared, Han. More scared in that moment than I am now. You were right that day. Let's not talk about it anymore." She huffed and began walking back to the house.

      Han stopped her when she was halfway there. He grabbed her arm and turned her around, his hand still on her arm. She looked at him.

"Leia." He sighed.

"Let go of me." she said, obviously still mad.

"Stop. Listen, to me." he said. "I love you."

"I know you do. Now, let go of me." she shrugged her arm away and ran the rest of the way.

"Leia!" he yelled after her. When Leia got to the patio, Luke met her. Not long after, Han was almost there.

"What's going on?" he saw his sister's face. "What happened?" he asked her.

"Why don't you ask him?!" she said before quickly walking inside. Luke watched her go inside, then turned and looked at Han.

"What happened?" Luke asked.

"Nothing." Han said, walking inside.

"I don't believe that. We could hear you two yelling."

"Why can't she just understand that I care about her?!"

"She does understand."

"No, obviously she doesn't."

"Han, sit down." Luke said, sitting on the couch. Han sat down next to him. "What happened." Han explained what they had been talking about.

"She's just scared. She has every right to be." Luke said.

"I know she does." Han nodded.

"I think she just needs a little time to cool off before you two talk again." Han nodded in agreement.

      Later that night, Han opened the bedroom door. The lights were off and the room was pitch black. He walked over to the bed and sat down next to Leia. Han ran his hand over her cheek and whispered her name. She opened her eyes and looked at him.

"Leia, I'm sorry for what I said. I shouldn't have brought that up again. I just care about you."

"I know you do." She said softly.

"I'm sorry, Leia."

"I'm sorry, too Han."

"I brought you some tea. I thought you might like some." She nodded, sitting up.

"Thank you." She took the cup in her hands and took a sip.

"And Chewie says he's sorry he told me."

"It's okay. I know he knew you were worried about me." Han nodded. They sat in silence for a few moments.

"Han?"

"Yeah?"

"I've been thinking about a name."

"What's that, sweetheart."

"How about Ben?"

"How'd you think up that one?"

"The reason we're together is because of that old guy. If it weren't for him, I might have been killed on the Death Star, we wouldn't be married, and we wouldn't be having a baby."

"It's perfect." He smiled, kissing her temple.

      The next day, Leia and Cora had a girl's day. They went into town and shopped around. Leia enjoyed it. She saw it as a bonding opportunity to learn more about her possible sister-in-law and Cora felt the same way. As they walked around, they talked about their childhoods, their likes and dislikes, and other things.

"Everything alright with you and Han?"

"Oh! Yes. He and I are fine." Leia smiled.

"We heard the yelling and were worried."

"That's what the argument was about. He was worried about me. He brought up something we agreed we wouldn't talk about again and I got angry at him for it. But we talked it out and we're fine. It happens. Just ask Luke. He's probably got lots of stories about fights that Han and I had, and they all probably involve lots of yelling." She laughed. Cora nodded and laughed.

      They were heading home after their long day. The weather was hot and sunny with that slight breeze Leia loved. Leia was happy that she and Cora had a lot in common. She enjoyed Cora's company and she knew that someday, she would be a great sister-in-law.

"Han excited to be a father?"

"He is. It's funny. The hormones are beginning to show and it's funny to watch him react to them. Especially during one of my mood swings." Leia laughed. Cora nodded and laughed.

      They walked into the house and set the groceries down and began making dinner. It was their last night together on the planet and Leia and Cora wanted to make a meal to celebrate. Han walked in and wrapped his arms around Leia and kissed her cheek.

"Hi." He smiled.

"Hi. How was your 'guy's day'?" she asked.

"It was good. How was your 'girl's day'?"

"It was great. Went shopping, got to know each other better." She said, smiling over to Cora who smiled back.

"Dinner smells good." He said.

"Good! I hope you guys are hungry."

"Oh, we are. We brought our appetites back with us." Han laughed.

"Good." Leia nodded.

      After dinner, they all sat by the fire for a while. Luke, Cora, and Chewie all went to bed, but Han and Leia still sat in front of the fire. Leia sat in Han's lap, leaning back in his arms.

"Han?"

"Hmm."

"Where are we going to live?"

"I'm trying to decide between Corellia, Naboo, and Yavin IV. I'm leaning toward Corellia or Naboo. What do you think?"

"I like Corellia, but I like the idea of being near my family on Naboo. I also like the idea of being near Luke, with you know...with the fact that our son is Force sensitive."

"We can figure that out sweetheart. And we can always travel to see your family, including Luke."

"I know," she sighed "I wish Alderaan was still around, then it would be a no brainer."

"I know."

"And we can't wait much longer. We only have four months left. I know that seems like a long time, but it's not."

"I know, Leia." He sighed. "How about this. We'll figure this out when we get to Bespin. Okay?"

"Okay." she nodded. "I'm sorry. I just want him to have a home."

"Don't be sorry. I want him to have a real home too. We'll figure it out." He said, kissing her. She nodded.

"I love you, Han."

"I love you too." He said, hugging her tighterand kissing her.     

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3K 116 11
"Join me, join me and the power of the Dark Side." "You know I can't do that, Ben." //spoilers of the force awakens and just mere speculations will...
1.1K 81 9
The Emperor is dead as well as his feared right hand man Darth Vader. Now leaderless, the Imperial forces are scattered across the galaxy. Luke Skywa...
48 0 19
Sequel to Fame and Fortune, the second part of my three part Fame Trilogy. The continuing adventures of the Corellian formerly known as Han Solo.
86 0 6
It is a period of civil war. Rebel spaceships, striking from a hidden base, have won their first victory against the evil Galactic Empire During the...