The Way We Were (A Jeffrey De...

By Chupacabra94

Veronica or Ronnie, as someone very special once called her, wasn't expecting her life to turn out this way... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 9

1.4K 45 10
By Chupacabra94

Hello my lovelies! I have missed you all!!!

Vacation was fantastic though!! All of the One Tree Hill sites were amazing to see! It made my little fangirl heart happy! Now if I could only get down to the Walking Dead sites!

I didn't want it to end! But I am glad to be back and enjoying all the writing I am doing! And guess what! I have inspiration for Sweet Silver Lining again! It may not be much but it might get me somewhere!

Thank you so much to @JFarley for the 16 comments on the last chapter! I was surprised to get that many comments from you! It was awesome! I hope to see a lot more where that came from!

I also love seeing all these new comments from new readers! I love hearing from you guys! Keep it up!!

You may need to re-read the last couple of chapters to make sure you're following all of this. I know this whole then and now thing can get a little bit confusing!

Hope everyone is doing fantastic! Love to all of you!

Reedus kisses for everyone! Xxxxxxxxxx

Here's the next chapter, Nords!

--

Then

Jeffrey was gone again filming another movie in Los Angeles. He was only going to be gone for a couple months if even that long. I didn't know how much more of this I could handle. Sure, it wasn't like we were struggling when he was working, but I absolutely hated staying behind.

I never understood why I couldn't go with him. My part time job was flexible, and I knew I could get time off if he wanted me to go with him, but he never asked. Maybe he didn't want me to go with him. Maybe I was too much of a distraction. Maybe....maybe he was bored with me.

Being together for five years, you pretty much knew everything about each other, especially living together. I sighed. It was another quiet, lonely day in the house. Jeffrey was due home for a weekend visit any hour now. This was it though. I looked at the packed bags by the door.

I couldn't handle it anymore. He was barely here, not that it was his fault. I just wasn't cut out for this. The traveling, the fame, the constant attention, it just wasn't for me. I ran my hand through my hair looking around the small apartment. It looked different now with all of my things packed away.

I walked into what used to be our room. The bed was made neatly. It all looked untouched, like a movie. I placed the envelope with Jeffrey's name on it on his pillow where he could see it. I turned on my heel to see Bisou laying at my feet. We had finally named her.

Bisou was French for kiss. It was Jeffrey's doing. I'm not sure where he had even got it from. "I'm gonna miss you so much, girl," I said scratching behind her ears. She gave me those sad puppy eyes before getting up and stretching. She walked over to the bed and hopped on to lay on the foot.

I smiled sadly. She had no clue what was going on. I walked back to the living room just as the door rattled. Shit, he was home earlier than I expected. I stood there helpless. I couldn't run. I couldn't hide. I now had to face this. Jeffrey walked through the door with a smile on his face.

"Hi baby," he said dropping his bags and leaning in to kiss me. I turned my head, so he caught my cheek. Bisou barked from the bedroom excitedly. Jeffrey kicked off his shoes and looked up at me. My coat was on. My hair was pulled up in a messy bun and I had my shoes on ready to go.

Jeffrey's smile faltered. "Where were you off too, baby?" he asked me. I felt the tears starting to well in my eyes. "I'm sorry," my voice said barely a whisper. His eyebrows pulled together in confusion. He looked me up and down then his eyes darted to my bags by the door.

"Baby?" he questioned quietly. He slumped back on the couch and looked at me with sad eyes. My hand shook slightly as I grabbed the handle of one of my bags. "What's going on?" he asked, but he didn't have too. It was clear by the tone in his voice that he already knew what was about to happen.

Bisou came and jumped in his lap as if she was comforting him. "I'm sorry," was all I could think to say again. He frowned and ran his hand through his hair. "We can make this work," he said while standing up. He sat Bisou gently on the couch before taking a step towards me. I held up my hand.

"Please don't do this Jeffrey," I said quietly. He stepped closer. He slowly reached out towards me. I awkwardly welcomed it. I was going to miss him. I was going to miss this, but I couldn't handle it anymore. This life just wasn't for me. He reached up and wiped away a tear I didn't even know had fallen.

"Please don't go," he whispered. I shook my head and gently pushed him back before grabbing my bags. "I have too," I said before heading out the door. IT hurt more with each step I took. I wanted to turn around and leap in his arms, but something in me told me to keep walking.

I hit the elevator button. "Ronnie!" his voice called out. I didn't want too but I looked up anyway. He was halfway down the hallway when the elevator door opened. I broke eye contact and stepped in. The door was stopped by Jeffrey's hand. "I love you. Remember that," he said. All I could do was nod as he let the door shut.

~~

Now

It was silent between us. I was trying to process that I was on the phone with him. The fact that he had answered the phone in the first place surprised me. I ran my hand over my face feeling it shake slightly. "Hi Jeff," I finally breathed. This was harder than what I had thought it was going to be.

"Ronnie?" Jeffrey questioned again almost like he wasn't sure if it was me or not. "Yeah, it's me," I said feeling my knees give. I slowly slid down the tree until my butt hit the dirt. "Wow," Jeffrey breathed. He sounded like he was feeling the same way as me at this point.

"How are you?" we both asked at the same time causing us both to chuckle. "You first," he said. I smiled already missing his voice. "I'm good," was all I could muster up to say. I could hear the airy laugh escape his lips. I could imagine him tilting his head towards the sky with a smile on his face while he did it.

"We haven't spoken in five years and all you have to say is I'm good?" Jeffrey questioned me. This time I chuckled. "I'm sorry, I don't know what else to say," I said quietly. "It's okay, me too," Jeffrey said in return. It fell silent again. You could cut the tension with a knife.

It was very uncomfortable between us. "Working?" he asked. I felt my eyebrows pull together in confusion. "What?" I asked in return. Jeffrey laughed. God, how I missed his laugh. "Are you working?" he asked again. I shook my head trying to clear my thoughts.

"Oh yeah, I am," I said. I wished I was better at this, but he was making me so nervous. "That's good," he said. I sucked in a deep breath and released it trying to relax myself. "Where are you staying?" I asked him trying to keep the conversation going.

"I'm still in Rhinebeck, Ronnie. I never left. What about you?" he asked. My eyebrows pulled together. Rhinebeck wasn't small, but it wasn't exactly huge either. How had I not run into him at all except for recently? "Me too, I haven't left either," I said.

Someone stood overtop of me and I looked up to see Jared with a soft smile on his lips. I looked at him with wide eyes. He pointed and I followed his direction seeing that Jensen now had baby Al and was pushing him on the swing. I patted the spot beside me and Jared sat down.

I leaned my head against his shoulder. There was a calming effect about Jared that I always loved. "I figured as much. You've always love this town," he said. I smiled looking around me to still see Jared watching me intently. He was right about that.

"Are you seeing anyone?" he asked. I sucked in a sharp breath. There was the dreaded question I was hoping he wouldn't ask. Jared gave me a concerned look and I shook my head at him. I stood up suddenly needing some air. Why did he need to know?

Why does he even care? I didn't want to ask him the same in return. I was afraid to know the answer. What if he was seeing someone? What if he wasn't seeing someone? Jared's tall figure was now leaned against the tree watching me as I paced in front of him.

"Uh no. No I'm not," I finally got out. I looked at Jared with wide eyes. He cocked an eyebrow in confusion. I put my phone on speaker and stood in front of Jared. "I figured you would've been tied down by now, Ronnie. You've always been a catch," he said.

I felt my face go flush and I looked up at Jared for some help. He signaled for me to take a deep breath before gesturing towards the phone. "T-thanks," I stuttered out. I really didn't know what to say to him. It fell silent between us once more. This was so awkward.

I looked up at Jared with panicked eyes. Now what? Jared grabbed the phone out of my hand. "Jeff," he said calmly. I felt tears welling in my eyes. "Son?" Jeffrey said in return. Jared took him off speaker phone before walking away. The tears flowed down my face.

It finally hit me. All the feelings of him and I came flooding back. Arms wrapped around me. I looked up to see it was Jensen. I wrapped my arms around his waist and cried into his chest. Jared was still on the phone with Jeffrey. I had no clue what was going on. "Shh, don't cry. It'll all be alright," Jensen said. It just made me cry harder. I didn't know if it was going to be.

--

Ooohhhhh, so a little blast from the past! And now the current situation! Predictions? Are you getting a little idea as to why Ronnie left in the first place? Let me know if the comments below!

Comment, vote, fan, follow, add to the reading list! Spread the word! Reedus kisses for everyone! Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I hope everyone enjoyed this chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

296K 12K 78
( ๐•๐ˆ๐‘๐€๐†๐Ž. โ”† ๐ ๐ฅ๐ž๐ง๐ง ๐ซ๐ก๐ž๐ž ) โ€•โ€•โ€•โ€•โ€•โ€•โ€•โ€•โ€•โ€•โ€•โ€•โ€•โ€•โ€•โ€•โ€•โ€•โ€•โ€•โ€• ๐™„๐™‰ ๐™’๐™ƒ๐™„๐˜พ๐™ƒ... veronรญca hayes is occupied. with raising a child and being in th...
453K 13.1K 77
I am forced to live against my will, with people I barely know. Everything that I've ever loved has been taken away from me, leaving me to survive wi...
983 26 19
The sun beat down on my dirt covered face, making my skin feel tight. The ropes burned my skin as I struggled to get my arms free. The screams from t...
23.1K 747 23
Mom always told me to be quiet. Dad always told me to focus. When I finally listened the world had already ended. Mom, she's gone. Dad, he's gone. Lo...