Focus - (A Male Reader X Moca...

By HiroshiShirogane

"The moment I met you, I started losing focus" Meet (Y/N), A regular 1st Year Highschool student attending Ic... More

Chapter 1 - The Lousy Freshman
Chapter 2 - A meeting of the times
Chapter 3 - Do you remember me?
Chapter 4 - You're Cute
Chapter 5 - I can't seem to remember
Chapter 6 - Tae as a childhood friend
Chapter 7 - Choco Coronet
Chapter 8 - Connection
Chapter 9 - Getting to know her
Chapter 10 - Reminiscing Guilt
Chapter 11 - Mutual Emotions
FOCUS REAHED 1K READS!!!
Chapter 12 - Just a bad bun
Chapter 13 - Ringing Old Melodies
Chapter 14 - A convenient Accident
Chapter 15 - A stranger walks in
FOCUS REACHED 2K READS!!!
Chapter 16 - A familiar face
Chapter 17 - The power of friendship
Chapter 18 - Colors
Chapter 19 - Natural Colors
Chapter 20 - Bland
Q & A Segment - Celebrating 20 chapters!!
Answering my Q & A
Chapter 21 - Complicated person to like
Chapter 22 - 8 letters
Chapter 23 - The Distance between us
Chapter 24 - Getting closer
Chapter 25 - An unexpected home visit
Feedback about Focus
Chapter 26 - Development
CHRISTMAS SPECIAL!!!
Chapter 27 - What? Dating?
Chapter 28 - Something to remember
Chapter 29 - Questions and their Answers
Chapter 30 - Fading Guilt
8,000 READS SPECIAL
Chapter 31 - A Night together
Chapter 32 - Bond
Bonus Chapter - THE BEACH
Chapter 33 - Sugar Coat
Chapter 34 - Fragment of the past
Chapter 35 - Siesta
Chapter 36 - Siesta pt. 2
Chapter 37 - Lend a helping hand
Chapter 38 - Reminiscence
Chapter 39 - Legal
Chapter 40 - Thoughts
Chapter 41 - Drowning in Thought
Chapter 42 - Response
Chapter 43 - Pleasure
Chapter 44 - Plans For The Future
Chapter 45 - Revelations
Chapter 46 - Promise
Chapter 47 - Neglect
Chapter 48 - Reminiscing Bonds
Chapter 49 - A Scarlet Sky and Goodbye's
Chapter 50 - Under the Same Sky
Author's Notes
FAQ's

Prologue

3.9K 36 11
By HiroshiShirogane

Cries....
I'm hearing cries...

I whisper these words to myself while I try to cover my ears with my soft but calloused hands. The room was dark, not a single light was lit. The door was slightly open yet i can't see anything inside from the outside. It fills me with fear as I hear the cries echoing from the walls of the room. I was crying, I know that something is happening beyond that door.

I walked into the room as soon as the cries stopped. I carelessly walked into while wiping away my tears with my arms, I saw my father stuffing his things into a rather big bag. I was curious as to why he was doing that. He puts his things in his bag one by one in a hurry. The clothes weren't even neatly arranged, they were just stuffed in there. I then rushed to my mothers side. I saw marks of tears from her eyes, it filled me with sadness. It's like I saw my reflection on her face, but she experienced more pain than I did. My mother kept a still smile on her face and looked at me.

Not being able to understand the situation i ask my mother "Mom, what's going on?" The trace of crying could be heard from my voice as well. My mother gave me a very innocent reply. She smiled and closed her eyes and said "Be independent, from now on it's going to be just the two of us okay?" without a single trace of sadness.

Tears fell down from my eyes once more. I began to cry. My mother tried to console me by hugging me very tightly. She grasped my back like i was going to disappear if she didn't hug me tight enough. She ran her fingers through my natural brown hair while saying "Everything's going to be alright dear, I promise I'll take care of you." While she kisses my forehead.

My father had left without saying anything. No goodbyes or take cares were heard from him. His drawer of clothes were not put back neatly. Some of his clothes were even left scattered on the ground. My mother has then convinced me that my father is never going to come back.

"From this day forth, I will never hurt the ones I love... I wont be the same as him..." I swore to myself.
For the last few years, my mother and i lived by ourselves. She didn't take care of me, we took care of each other. The sense of peace i had within those years still echoes in my mind.

Until one day...

My mother got admitted to a hospital.

.....

"I'm sorry but there's nothing we can do to save your mother."
.....
"Nothing we can do to save my mother.
....my ass" those words ringed inside my head, those words were glued to me. I was filled with hate and anger. I was beside my mother's hospital bed trying to keep calm.

.....

"Why do my loved ones get hurt?" I ask myself.

.....

I've had enough. I stood up and began screaming words of repent and agony. My mother was asleep, but if she was awake, I'm sure I would've shortened her life with the words I spat out. With my fists clenched and my head down I cursed, swore and said anything I wanted to say. I was filled with rage. But not because my mother is dying....

....

"Why can't i save her?"

.....

"Was i a good son to her?"

....

"I want to stay by her side....till the very end....."

....

My mother then woke up. She held my hands as if I was in danger. She calmed me down. I sat down on the small round hospital chair and spoke to my mother one last time.

"What would I do without you?" I asked my mother while tears began to fall from my eyes. My whole body was trembling. Not with anger, but with sadness.

"You'll be fine on your own. I've taught you everything you need to know now."
Replied my mother with a smile on her face.

I then held her hand tightly and ask "How come you can still smile mother?"

She placed my hands on her lap and said "Because the best thing you can give a sad person is a smile. Cheer up my Anon. I'll always be with you." and she laid back down.

I went to hold my mother's hand to thank her. But I didn't feel her hand moving towards me. I couldn't feel her pulse anymore. I started panicking, my mother she....... Died. Right in front of me.

I rushed out of the room to call for a doctor. I screamed with all my heart. They arrived a few moments later.

The doctor then placed his hand on my shoulder and said "she's gone..."

And my days of living with a caring and lovable mother ended.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Fast forward a couple of months.

.

.

I just now moved to my new apartment. I had finished moving in all the boxes i have and was about to start packing out. My feet feels so light, and my body feels so heavy...
I fell to the floor. I was cold, and i couldn't stand up. "Am i tired?" I asked myself. But i figured this isn't just energy deficiency. I took a photo frame out of one of the boxes that i opened up. I saw a family portrait. My father wasn't there but.... My mother..... was smiling.

"Ichinose High School huh...."
I whispered to myself as i slowly fell asleep.

.

.

.

.

And here on forth begins a life of living all by myself. I wonder what might become of me?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

339K 9.4K 32
UNDER EDITING You've enrolled into UA but the semester has already started. You look to make a new name for yourself and a better reputation, as soon...
88.5K 2.5K 17
When their friends decide to befriend the lonely girl in Class 1-A, Todoroki and Midoriya find their emotions fluctuating and have a hard time unders...
157K 7.3K 100
[Young!Aizawa x Reader] (Y/N) starts her first year at U.A. High School and quickly finds out that maybe her middle school friends aren't such great...
7.6K 168 18
❗️Stories can contain extremely dark and triggering topics. Viewer discretion is advised.❗️ DISCONTINUED None of the characters belong to me. Photo...