Melancholia {UsUk Fanfiction}

By trash_master

*Warning* This story deals with heavy topics like suicide and depression. You've been warned. (I'll come up w... More

Warning
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Chapter 4

173 12 5
By trash_master

"Dude your mom is great," Alfred laughed.

"I know, you don't need to tell me that," I sighed.

"I was just pointing out a fact!" Alfred shrugged. I sighed and shook my head.

"Jeez, you're such a dork," I sighed.

"And you aren't?" Alfred asked.

"No, in fact I'm not," I smiled.

"So Arthur?" Alfred asked.

"What now?" I snorted.

"Are you sure you don't like any-"

"Stop, I'm not going through this again," I interrupted. "Why do you even care so much?" I asked.

"I don't know, I'm just interested," Alfred shrugged. "Hey how about I tell you who I like at school and then you tell me who you like," Alfred suggested.

"Will it get you to sod off?" I asked annoyed.

"Absolutely," Alfred smiled. We both went quiet for a moment. Alfred looked as if he was thinking hard and long about what he was going to say.

"Are you going to say something or are we just going to wait here till we're old men?" I asked.

"I was thinking!" Alfred defended.

"Well hurry it up!" I glared. "I just want to get to bed," I mumbled.

"Okay, so you ask a question about the person I like then I'll ask a question. But you have to tell the truth, okay?" Alfred asked.

"Ugh, how long is this going to take?" I asked.

"Only a few minutes," Alfred explained.

"Good," I grumbled. I thought for a moment to see if any questions would pop into my head. Luckily one did, "What letter does their name start with?" I asked.

"A," Alfred said almost on cue. "Okay, same question, what letter does their name start with?" Alfred asked.

"Also A," I sighed. "Is it Angelica Ritmen?" I asked.

"No, not her," Alfred smiled. "Alix Mcguffin?" Alfred asked me.

"No, not her either," I mumbled. We continued to ask question after question. It was as if we were getting nowhere! It was very aggravating, I just wanted to go to bed, that is if I would actually be able to sleep.

"Long or short hair?" Alfred asked his twentieth question.

"Short," I sighed. "Girl or boy?" I asked to lazy to come up with a hard question. Alfred hesitated, I could see he was uncertain in his answer.

"Errr..." Alfred mumbled something under his breath.

"I didn't quite catch that," My interest was now peaked. If Alfred was hesitating on this simple question his answer must have been bad. Alfred opened his mouth and mumbled something incoherent once more. "You're helping no one here by not talking, Alfred," I sighed.

"It's a dude," Alfred mumbled. I gasped a little, I honestly wasn't expecting that especially from Alfred. I laughed a little once everything had completely processed through my brain. "It's not funny! I didn't want to say anything 'cause I knew you would laugh," Alfred flushed.

"Sorry, I just wasn't expecting that." I laughed.

"You must think I'm weird now don't ya'?" Alfred asked.

"No," I sighed. I thought for a moment then I blurted out, "So, you're gay?" without thinking. I covered my mouth in a rush. I looked at Alfred who was a little pale.

"Yeah, I guess you could say that," Alfred sighed in defeat.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have asked such an invasive question."

"It's fine, you deserve to know after all that's happened today. Plus it's not like the end of the world," Alfred smiled a little.

"Do your parents know?" I asked.

"Hell no, If I told them I liked dudes they'd kick me out," Alfred laughed. "Why do you think I've had so many girlfriends? It was to make sure no one knew about.. Well, you know," he continued.

"So you never really like any of the girls you dated?" I questioned.

"No," Alfred said without hesitation.

"You're cruel," I glared.

"I know," Alfred mumbled.

"Why are you even telling me this?" I asked.

"'Cause I trust you," Alfred smiled. "So how about you? Is the person you like a girl or guy?" Alfred asked in a rush. The question caught me off guard. I was like a deer in headlights after he asked me that question. I was wondering if I should tell him the truth or if I should lie. I opened my mouth but no sound came out. Alfred's expression grew sadder the longer I took to answer the question. "You don't need to answer, I get it, your-"

"Gay," I said cutting off Alfred. I covered my mouth not knowing what I had just said.

"What?" Alfred asked confused.

"That came out wrong," I mumbled.

"All you said was gay, I'm sure that came out perfectly," Alfred laughed.

"What I meant to say was, I'm gay too," I mumbled the last part.

"You're joking," Alfred laughed a little.

"No, I'm not. If I was I'd be laughing," I smiled.

"You're not just saying that right? To make me feel better?" he asked.

"I really am gay. I mean look at me, I'm practically a walking stereotype," I laughed a smidge.

"I guess that's another thing we have in common huh?" Alfred asked.

"I suppose."

"You know it's your fault," Alfred laughed, I looked at him dumbfounded, what was he talking about now?

"Pardon?" I asked.

"It's your fault," Alfred said again.

"What is my fault exactly?" I asked

"It's your fault I'm a homo," Alfred shrugged.

"What! I can't just make you gay! I'm not a gay fairy that goes around deciding who's a homosexual and who isn't!" I yelled.

"It would be funny if you were," Alfred giggled. I rolled my eyes and sighed. "Are you going to let me continue?" Alfred asked.

"Ugh, fine, but hurry it up," I mumbled.

"Like I was saying before I was interrupted, it's your fault," Alfred mumbled.

"How so?" I glared.

"I don't know," Alfred sighed.

"Have you lost the plot? You're not making a lick of sense," I sighed.

"I'm trying to say your the person I was talkin' about," Alfred blushed.

"Lier," I grumbled.

"No really, I'm telling the truth!" Alfred confused.

"You're not on the pull are you?" I asked.

"What does that mean?" Alfred looked confused.

"Nevermind."

"You're weird," Alfred laughed.

"Not as much as you! You keep saying things that don't make sense!" I hissed.

"I like you! That's why! I don't just want to come out and say it!" Alfred yelled. I felt my cheeks heat up.

"You don't mean it," I hissed.

"I do! I really do!" Alfred admitted. I was speechless. I felt like crying but yet I felt a little happy at the same time. It was an odd emotion I wasn't acquainted with. "So do ya' like me?" Alfred asked. I didn't know what to say, of course, I liked him! But I was too nervous to say anything coherent. "Arthur? Are you okay? I didn't hurt you did I?" Alfred pondered.

"N-no, I'm fine." I stuttered.

"Are you going to answer my question then?" Alfred asked. I shook my head up and down the opened my mouth.

"I lied earlier," I mumbled. "What Ricky read in my book was true, I did like you, a lot," my face must have been the shade of a dark red wine. I heard Alfred chuckling to himself. "What's so funny?" I glared.

"I knew you were lying! You couldn't lie to save your life," Alfred giggled. "You know, it's funny," Alfred smiled.

"What is?" I asked.

"We both liked each other for so long but we were too scared to say anything'," Alfred explained.

"I suppose it is a tad funny," I smiled.

"So what do we do now?" Alfred asked.

"How do you mean?" I looked over in confusion.

"We have two options, we could stay as friends or," Alfred trailed off.

"Or?" I felt my throat go dry.

"You could go on a date with me?" Alfred had a smug look on his face. It was as if he had planned all of this ahead of time. Real me in with a false sense of friendship then swoon me with his charm! The bloody twit did it on purpose! I was just like clay in his hands!

"Don't you think you're moving too quickly?" I asked.

"No," Alfred mumbled.

"We hadn't talked in ages then all of a sudden we were like best friends, now this? Are you desperate?" I asked. "Heck I tried to kill myself not even two hours ago, and you want to date me?" I yelled. "You're probably doing this out of pity..."

"I'm not" Alfred yelled. It went silent for a moment. I saw that Alfred started to smirk a little, "I think you're just worried because you've never been on a date before."

"You got me there," I sighed.

"So is it a deal?" Alfred asked.

"I guess?" I was honestly questioning all of this. I just felt this was a bit sudden.

"Since we are both are skipping school tomorrow let's have the date then!" Alfred gleamed.

"Jeez, I've never met someone who was so straightforward as you," I laughed. I glanced at the clock on the wall and sighed. It was almost twelve at night and Alfred and I was still talking. "I didn't realise it was so late," I whispered to myself.

"Oh gosh you're right," Alfred said glancing at the clock. "I guess it's time to hit the hay then?" Alfred asked.

"Yeah, I guess," I yawned.

"I call your bed," Alfred smiled running up the stairs.

"Fine, I'll take my parents!" I smiled as I raced after Alfred.

"No fair!" Alfred yelled.

Life isn't always sunshine and giggles, that was the cruel truth of life. I learned that lesson at a very young age. Life most of the time will approach you as a friend but in the end, she will stab you in the back and leave you to die. The fact is no matter who you are and where you come from we all have the same fate. We all will one day lose our lives to the ice grip of death, but that's just how the world works. I've learned that a person's life isn't something you should just throw away like last week's newspaper. You should cherish it, care for it as if it was your own child. Even if life seems bleak or intimidating, don't give up. Yes, life is cruel, but it's worth it in the end, even if you were only there for a millisecond in the grand scheme of things. So do something nice for someone once and awhile, or take chances. You never know when death will rear her stunning head but you can live your life the fullest.

Fin~

{A/N}

Sorry about the cheesy ending, like I stated earlier this was just a quick thing I did for my English class. Also sorry that the last two chapters were split up oddly it was just the way I had to do it so they weren't too long. Anyway this is the end and I hope you all liked the story!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.2K 609 13
A new collection of crappy fanfics written by yours truly .~. BTW PLEASE REQUEST FOR STUFF And finally, I hope you enjoy your experience, love~
20.1K 439 14
Hey! If you didn't already know, i'm making a Hetalia x reader oneshot book. You can request, here are the rules 1. You need to tell me which charac...
14.8K 116 23
Discontinued because I couldn't keep up :(
51.5K 1.1K 68
Hetalia x reader oneshots. I will take requests from anyone