Oakland [✓]

By passion-flower

Go to the party they said. It'll be fun they said. When shots break out at a high school party, Isaiah King f... More

Extended Description & Cast
01. sweet potato pie
02. worldstar
03. whole lotta gang shit
04. pink velvet shorts
05. sativa
06. sing to me
07. whole lotta lotta gang shit
08. cookie dough
09. homiesexual
10. love$ick
11. golden hour
12. to pimp a butterfly
14. swing
15. shadows
16. ass whoopin'
17. dick appointment
18. singing in the rain
19. in god, we trust
20. the outing
21. pussy party
22. love me again
23. fairies can't jump
24. snatched
25. feels like falling
26. end the night with a bang
27. he's a scholar or whateva
28. momma didn't raise no bitch
29. hold me
30. redemption
31. basketballs and boys
32. bedroom
33. pretty little fears
34. congrats, grad
35. life
Big Shot

13. karma's a broken nose

6.1K 415 383
By passion-flower

I have this whole story planned out yet a bitch still got writer's block. 

Make sure to leave comments as you read, I really enjoy looking at them :)

"Boy, you better explain why you in a mother-fuckin' hospital with stitches in your damn leg! What did I tell you about this shit Isaiah? I can't afford to lose your ass, you gotta whole life ahead of you and you decide to mess with gang shit! I'm pissed as fu–"

I quickly stuffed my phone into my pants before my momma could get another curse word out. Everyone sitting in the hospital waiting area had their eyes locked on me and Reese, mostly concerned stares wondering why I was getting cussed out through the phone.

"Isaiah turn it off of speaker phone," Reese hissed. "Everyone's staring."

I held my phone up, shouting still coming from the other line. "It's not on speaker phone," I said flatly.

Reese pressed her glossed lips into a tine line. "Yikes..." she trailed off.

I brought the phone to my ear. "Momma–Momma! Chill out! Reese and I are fine, it's just a few stitches." I told her.

I could imagine the harsh expression she was making right now. "Your father and I will be up there soon, be prepared for me to whoop yo ass in front of everyone," she warned, hanging up the phone immediately after.

A sigh escaped my lips as I brought my head to my hands, shaking it in frustration. I had an angry mother, a hurt friend, and a crazy cousin who promised he would take out Bobby himself for hurting us.

The thing is, we don't even know if it was Bobby who shot Drake. Hugo left us in the dark about what happened, he hasn't muttered a word since Drake went into surgery.

"Zay!" a familiar voice shouted from the doorframe. 

I looked up to see a worried looking Amour running towards me with a bouquet of flowers and some white kid following closely behind. I quickly got up to wrap my arms around him hugging him tightly as I spun him around, his arms wrapped around my neck. It felt like my heart was beating a million times a second as I inhaled his scent.

Cologne? That's new.

Our embrace could've lasted longer if Reese didn't interrupt us with a loud cough while she was waiting for her turn. I didn't want to let him go. I watched Reese squeeze Amour tightly, a small smile forming on my face at the sight of the two. A tap on the shoulder caused me to turn around to notice the white boy standing directly behind me.

He put his hand out for me to shake. "Hey, I'm Issac." He introduced.

I gave him a once over. Issac looked like a walking stereotype of the white college boy. He wore khaki shorts that looked too tight matched with a white polo t-shirt. My nose wrinkled at the newly scented air, cologne was radiating off of him, the same kind I smelled on Amour. 

Amour told me the story of their ninth grade relationship. He was the only nice gay kid there so of course, they would've ended up together. There was just something about Issac that gave me the feeling I wasn't gonna like him.

Maybe it was the fact that he dated Amour before I had the chance, but there was something besides the jealousy that rubbed me the wrong way.

"Isaiah," I said shaking his hand.

Issac opened up his mouth to speak only to be cut off by Reese's shrieking. We looked over to see her and Amour talking to Drake's doctor, Hugo was listening carefully from a distance.

Reese came and grabbed my hand pulling into the hallway to leave Issac behind. "Drake's okay!" she chirped.

I looked back to see Amour with a scowl on his face. "Leave," he huffed pointing to the double doors.

Issac drew his lower lip between his teeth. I watched as his eyes lingered over Amour's body before finally turning away, a smirk on his face.

***

"Man, this shit hurt," Drake whined as he poked at his bandaged wound.

"That's cause you just got outta surgery dumbass," Reese said swatting his hand away. "Don't touch it!"

It took around two hours to safely remove the bullet from Drake's stomach. The doctors explained how lucky Drake was that the bullet didn't travel five inches to the right, it would've hit his spinal cord causing him to be paralyzed from the waist down.

Reese laid next to Drake in his hospital bed while Amour and I sat on the couch and Hugo stood outside talking with his parents. As much as the four of us wanted to eavesdrop we figured it was best to stay out of it considering none of us know what really happened except for Hugo. Drake's memory wasn't the best due to all the shit they put him under.

"Yo Isaiah, you good bro? I heard you got stitches too." Drake empathized.

I smiled. "Yeah bro, I'm straight. Worry 'bout yourself right now, I ain't the one that got shot." I told him.

Drake smiled back before directing his attention back to playing with Shareese's hair. I shook my head at the two, crazy ass couple.

The four of us sat in a comfortable silence as we focused our attention on our own little worlds. Every once and a while Reese would show Drake something funny on her phone causing both of them to giggle to themselves. Amour and I shifted positions to where he was on his back laying his head on my lap. I watched as his face flushed each time our eyes connected.

Sadly this moment was interrupted by the one and only, Kingston Jones.

"Motherfucker what did I tell yo ass about messin' with gang shit!" he hollered as he walked into the room.

Three of us groaned while Amour looked up at me with the cutest confused expression.

Drake brought his hands to his temples. "Do you have to do this now?"

King crossed his arms. "Yeah cause yo stupid ass don't know how to listen when I specifically tell you not to get yourself involved with yo family's shit!" He shot.

"Bitch shut up," Reese groaned. "Nobody asked for you to get involved in our shit." she waved him off.

"Yeah? Yo mamma didn't ask to get pregnant with your ugly ass but look where we are now."

Reese's jaw dropped.

"Holy shit," Amour laughed.

Instead of laughing I looked at Shareese with fear. I knew one day King would say some stupid shit to set her off. Today was that day. 

It all happened in the blink of an eye.

Reese jumped out of the bed and punched Kingston square in the nose. We watched with wide eyes as she not only kicked him in the balls but punched him a second time in the stomach. King fell to the floor attempting to cradle his nuts, nose, and stomach all at once.

The three of us were left speechless as Shareese turned on her heels and walked out of the room, trying to hide the pain she was starting to feel in her knuckles.

"...crazy...bitch..." King croaked.

I looked away trying to hide the smile forming on my face whereas Drake was doing the opposite. He laughed hysterically from the safety of his bed, wiping a stray tear from his cheek. King mugged him as he slowly picked himself up from the floor, he lifted his hand up to his nose wincing as blood started to drip from his flared nostrils.

A chuckle escaped my mouth. "Bro, is it broken?" I asked trying not to smile.

"Nigga I don't know!" he yelled cradling his nose. "Fuck!"

"Don't hold your head down, that'll make the bleeding worse," Amour told as he walked over to observe my cousin's injured nose. "Let me see."

King squinted. "Who the fuck are you?"

"Amour," he stated dryly. "Move your hand outta the way."

I was surprised to see King comply, he bent down a little so Amour could check if his nose was actually broken. I watched as King winced every time Amour would push down on the areas starting to swell, Amour's eyebrows pulling together in concentration.

"It's broken," he announced. "You should go get some ice from the front desk. Oh, and can you tell them Amour is here?"

He blinked.

"My mom's a nurse here," Amour explained.

King nodded and turned to walk out of the room, bumping into my parents on my way out.

"Boy what happened to you?" my mother questioned.

'Reese' was all he muttered before pushing past her and leaving the room.

She shot him a glare before directing her attention to Drake and I. Momma rushed into the room and engulfed me in a bone-crushing hug while Pop stood at the door with a blank stare.

"Boy don't ever call me and tell me you at the hospital ever again! Almost gave me a damn heart attack," she muttered into my chest.

I laughed. "Ma, I'm telling you I'm fine," I reassured.

She let go to look up and smile at me, I watched as her brown eyes transformed from sincere to hateful.

I flinched as I watched her raise her hand, she scowled as she hit me in the back of the head. 

Hard.

"Ow!"

"That's for getting involved with whatever shit Drake's daddy got going on!" she growled walking over to the side of Drake's bed and also hitting him in the back of the head. "And that's for getting involved with yo daddy's shit!"

He sighed. "Sorry Mrs. King."

I swear my momma was bipolar, she could go from zero to a hundred in seconds.

"It's alright baby, I'm glad you're okay." she smiled, kissing Drake on the forehead.

"So this means you're out for the season huh?" my father asked.

Drake let out a nervous laugh. "Yeah, I can't really play football with a hole in my stomach."

My father stepped closer. "But you'll be okay for basketball season, right?" he stressed.

I rolled my eyes. "Pop chill, he just got out of surgery."

"We need him for the championship–"

Momma groaned. "Kerry you ain't even a coach this year, you better sit yo ass down somewhere before you mess up that leg again," she sassed. Momma grabbed ahold of my father's large arm, dragging him out of Drake's room and into the hallway. "We'll be back. I gotta few words for Drake's momma." 

And with that, the door slammed shut. Leaving Drake, Amour, and I to stand there in an uncomfortable silence. 

"Aye Amour?" Drake piped. 

"Yeah?" 

"Thanks for the flowers." he smiled.

***

Let me know how you feel about the characters !

The parents? Isaiah and Amour? Drake and Hugo? King and Reese?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.8K 1.9K 33
HAPPY PRIDE MONTH! I wanted to write a one-shot for pride month, but I turned it into a short story because pride month and my gay readers deserve mo...
29.5K 1.9K 61
Part 1: Ethan Sterling can't stop staring at the cute guy sitting in his history class. Chris Davis is tall, dark, and certainly the most handsome gu...
264K 14.1K 52
Oliver is lost in a world that he loved. A desire to paint to his hearts content, any form of distraction from his recent heartbreak. Attempting to...
124K 3.3K 30
Daniel Wilson is your usual popular guy in an elite school situated in Los Angeles. The interesting thing is that he doesn't have a god complex like...