The Bracelet (Draco Malfoy Fa...

By TwinFoxglove

DISCLAIMER: PLEASE READ!!! This story contains a bit of sexual violence, gore, and a lot of mature language... More

Author's Note
Cast List
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50 - part I
Chapter 50 - part II
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Author's Note
Questions for You

Chapter 62

17.9K 503 676
By TwinFoxglove

Hey guys! 

Because the last chapter took so long to upload, I have decided to write/publish another one for you all today. I hope you all enjoy, thank you for reading!

***

Jennifer's POV - 

Draco has no idea of the plans that I've made. He doesn't know what I've decided to do if he leaves me, and I intend to keep it that way. He shouldn't be tied to me only because he's concerned for my safety. I've come to the conclusion that whatever happens, it should happen for the right reasons.

The torment I receive in the halls has reduced, but it's still there - instead of getting screeched at or hexed while trudging from Potions to Charms, my peers only stare at me coldly, or just pretend that I don't exist. There was even one fourth year who broke down into tears at the mere sight of me during lunch break, and had to be escorted from the great hall by Professor McGonagall. 

I want to scream to the world, let them know that I wasn't the one who killed the two students. It wasn't me - it was Blu. It was Voldemort. I never wanted to hurt them. 

There's a funeral for Blu and Kyle held toward the middle of May, and in attempt to take away my tough decision of whether or not to go, Dumbledore calls me into his office just as the event commences. 

He sits behind his claw-foot desk, appearing rather solemn and emotionless. His fingers are interwoven between each other, the one adorning the ring as black as ash. 

I fidget with my bare bracelet as I approach him, no tinkling noise sounding to comfort me anymore. I haven't spoken with Dumbledore since he told me to leave the scene at which the bodies were found - what if he's changed his mind? What if he thinks that I really did kill Blu and Kyle? Am I going to get expelled?

I shift uncomfortably into the seat across from him, and notice something that I hadn't before.

Harry Potter is sitting directly to my side, in another chair almost identical to mine. 

My heart starts to pound viciously. I don't ever recall talking to Harry before - we've never had a reason to interact. I'm almost positive that he knows of my involvement with Draco, though, and that he despises me for it. 

"Hello, Jennifer." Dumbledore says. His presence is gentle, and I relax the slightest bit.

"Hello, Professor."

He gestures towards the boy with the scar. "This, as I am sure you already know, is Harry Potter. I don't believe that you two have been introduced before, have you?"

I look at Harry, and he looks back at me. His eyes are filled with an emotion that I can't identify. 

"No, we haven't." I say. "It's nice to meet you, Harry."

He shakes my outstretched hand, gives a solemn nod and a quick smile that looks more like a spasm of the lip. 

"You too."

"Well," the headmaster continues, "I have been working with Harry here for quite awhile, just as I have been working with you in recent times, Jennifer. Harry has his own service to provide to the Order of the Phoenix, just as you do. I was pondering a few evenings ago, and I realized that the two of you would work very well together."

Dumbledore goes silent for a moment, letting us soak all of this in. I look out the window across the room. There are two sleek coffins that have been propped on the grass by the black lake. My stomach starts to churn. 

"You both are aware of Voldemort's horcruxes - this I know. You have both aided in the destruction of one horcrux - this is also true. Therefore, I suppose that it wouldn't be a terrible idea to have both of you aid each other in the destruction of a second."

I look at Harry, who looks just as confused as I do.

A second horcrux?

"In order to eliminate Voldemort, we must first destroy all of his horcruxes. There is one particular horcrux that I do believe I have found the location of. I also know that it's one of Voldemort's hardest to destroy. I believe that with your powers, Jennifer, and your knowledge, Harry, that the three of us could effectively destroy this horcrux together."

All is silent for a moment.

I feel unsure about this.

I was sure that after what happened with Blu and Kyle, Dumbledore wouldn't want me to have anything to do with the Order of the Phoenix anymore. But here I am, with one of the most powerful wizards in history and the chosen one, being asked along on a mission to destroy pieces of Voldemort's soul.

Dumbledore turns his soft eyes on me. "Don't worry, Jennifer. Both Harry and I know that you were not responsible for what happened in the Forbidden Forest with your fellow students. We are aware of Blu's involvement with the Dark Lord, as is the ministry. No one wants you to be harmed any further."

I look down out the window at the coffins again, now surrounded by grieving students, all cloaked in black in the heat of May. Dumbledore may not want to hurt me, but my peers still do. 

"So," I start, "You want Harry and I to come help destroy a horcrux?" 

He nods solemnly, smiling as though the matter we're discussing is bright. "Yes, and soon. What do you think?"

Harry nods without second question. "Yes, sir."

It's the first time he's spoken during our meeting. Now, both pairs of eyes have turned on me.

I take a deep breath, hesitance lurking in my heart for only the smallest of moments before disappearing completely. I know what I have to do, and that's to serve a purpose for the wizarding world while I still can. 

"I'm in."

***

That evening, I somehow find enough confidence to go down to the great hall and grab a jelly biscuit before heading back up to Draco's dorm. 

Surprisingly, he's already there, waiting for me at the end of his bed. 

I make the quick decision to not let him know about the whole horcrux thing, considering the fact that he hates Harry and wants me to stay out of danger. 

"Hey there." He says, smiling a little. I don't understand how he still gets excited to see a depressed and quiet girl who shows close to no emotion, but I'll take it. 

"Hi." I say. I hand him the biscuit, pretending that I'd gotten it for him instead of me. He tears off a flaky piece with his teeth, and hands the rest back to me. 

"So, where were you? You usually don't leave the dorm all day."

"You usually don't come back so early." I counter. 

He shrugs in agreement, and tugs me into his lap. Up close, I can see the stress lines wrinkling his forehead, the dark circles beneath his eyes - all dismissed by his chippy and positive attitude. Sometimes, I suspect that it's a show he puts on to make me feel like everything's okay, and I feel guilty. 

"I want to tell you something, Jennifer." He says suddenly, turning serious. "I have to."

"...What?"

He lets out a deep sigh, the playfulness on his face dissolving into a look of tortured exhaustion. "It's about my task. I'm almost finished with it - I've fixed the vanishing cabinet. I've done everything. I just need to put on the final touches."

"And then?" I ask. I don't even want to hear the answer.

"Well...it should all go down in two weeks, maybe less. The death eaters-" he says the name quietly, like somebody's listening in on us, "-they're going to enter the school through the cabinet. Get Dumbledore and...well, you know..."

I swallow, hard. "Is anyone else going to get hurt?"

"In a perfect world, no one would." Draco looks very troubled, and his voice is shaking as he chokes out the words. "But obviously, people will try to intervene, once they know Dumbledore and the school are under attack. And - well...you know the death eaters. They won't back down. They'll fight until either they're dead, or someone else is."

I don't make any noise. Don't even breathe. 

Of course other people are going to die. Students even might, if they try to ward off the death eaters. I am terrified of what might happen. I don't know what to tell Dumbledore, or what would happen if I did. Would Draco get in trouble? Almost certainly, and he'd be hurt and punished, too.

The thought of that makes my bones shiver beneath my flesh. 

"And you're sure that you want to follow through with...that?"

"You know I don't have a choice, Jennifer." 

The room is silent. I feel his heart, beating slowly against my back, like it wants to give up. 

"I'm doing everything I can to keep you safe through this. I have to." Draco starts again, thinking aloud this time. 

My head turns over my shoulder at him. "What do you mean? No one's going to get hurt because of me, right?"

He doesn't say anything. His lips are pressed into a tight line, and he looks anywhere but my eyes. Dread begins to fill my heart up, freezing and heavy. 

"Answer me, Draco." My voice trembles. 

Still, he remains silent, looking like he is deciding whether or not to speak. 

"If I have to hurt someone to keep you safe, I will." 

"No. No, that's not happening. I can keep myself safe, don't you dare hurt anybody for me." 

"You don't know anything about what I have to do!" He says, his voice turning to rage. There's a fire building in his eyes, in the way that his fingers curl into fists. "Don't tell me how to handle my own responsibilities, and don't tell me how to protect you. You don't know the half of what's going to happen on the night that I let death eaters into this school, and hell, I'll sacrifice all of the students in Hogwarts to keep you safe."

Draco throws me from his lap, and my body flies backwards across the bed. He storms towards the door, throwing it open with strain. 

Before he leaves me alone for the rest of the night, he turns over his shoulder and growls one last thing to me through clenched teeth. 

"If it's anyone else's safety versus yours, Jen, you can count on me choosing you every time."

***

Well, what do you guys think? 

We know Harry and Jennifer are going to destroy the horcrux together, and we're getting close to the day where Draco has to complete his task and kill Dumbledore. Any predictions? 

Anyways, I'll see you guys soon with a new chapter ;) thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

shifted By <3

Fanfiction

114K 5K 79
a girl dreamt of attending hogwarts. one day she learns how to shift. shifting realities, to hogwarts. it's magical. it's everything she ever wanted...
37.4K 1.1K 22
Harry had just had a creature inheritance, and realized he had been betrayed by the people he thought he could call his friends. What if it was all...
328K 14.1K 54
After the Second Wizarding War, Malfoy found himself alienated from the majority of the school; his old friends just irritated him, all of Hogwarts'...
109K 3.1K 119
"𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐢𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬. 𝐖𝐞'𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐡 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐚�...