Chapter 27

Hey guys! This chap isn't edited but I'm hoping it turned out okay! Thanks for tuning in and I hope you enjoy this!

Draco's POV -

I watch quietly from my window as Jennifer reads the book I got her as a Christmas gift.

She's seated on the bench outside of the front door, snow flakes peppering her hair as she reads.

I knew she'd like the book, considering how much she reads all the time, and steals books from me, for that matter. Also, because I'd read that same book before, but I didn't have the heart to tell her when I found out that she'd bought it for me.

And that's pretty damn unusual for me.

Just then, my door swings open, and I lift my head up towards the direction of the movement.

It's my mother.

"What." I say in irritation. She looks at me, almost with a little fear in her eyes, and swallows, unable to speak. "What?" I ask again, growing more impatient by the minute.

"Your father is here. And he needs to speak with you, now." Her voice is small as she blurts out the words, most likely afraid of my reaction. She's right to be.

I jump up off of my bed immediately. "What the hell?! About what?" My father is always gone on death eater business, and he doesn't come home, unless the matter is pressing. What kind of deep shit have I gotten myself into now?

"He won't say." She says quietly, and looks up at me. "You are to meet him in the dining room, this instant."

I stand up, infuriated, confused, and scared as hell. I see my mother shoot a worried glance in my direction as I shove past her. Whatever this is, I just want to get it the hell over with.

***

"You're late." My father says, disappointment ringing in his voice as he crosses his arms over his chest. I can never seem to satisfy him, no matter what it is that I do.

"Why are you here?" I ask, disregarding his comment. I silently pray that Jennifer doesn't decide to come in while this little exchange is taking place. I can't imagine it being a very pleasant meet and greet between her and my father. I discreetly peek out the window to make sure she's still there. Sure enough, she is.

"I've told you this once before, and I don't take pleasure in telling you again." He says sternly, drawing my attention back to him. What the hell is he talking about? "The girl, the one sitting outside? She cannot stay here any longer."

"She's only here to work on a project." I lie, desperately hoping he'll believe me. I choose to keep my distance from the man, secretly frightened of what he'll do if I come any closer to him.

"Don't bullshit a bullshitter." My father says, almost immediately. I should've known he wouldn't buy it. He looks me up and down, as if calculating my appearance. "Either you will take care of this, or I will."

"You won't do shit." I growl uncontrollably, raising my wand and beginning to storm towards him angrily.

Without hesitation, or even the twitch of an eye, he flicks his wand, and mine flies out of my hand.

"Watch your temper." He snaps, his face both as solid and as cold as a stone. "Draco, what are you going to do about this? This girl is clearly distracting you from your task, and the Dark Lord knows it. He will intervene, son, he will do what it takes. You will get hurt if this doesn't stop."

"I don't give a damn." I lash out, growing angrier by the minute. "He can hurt me all he wants."

My father sighs, letting the tip of his wand fall into the palm of his hand. "You're thinking irrationally. The Dark Lord -"