Chapter 42

Hey guys, I'm sorry this took so long to upload! There were some technical issues uploading this chapter so I apologize! But I'm back now and hope it enjoy this one, it just gets crazier from here, trust me!

Love y'all ;) and thanks for reading!

<3

•••

Draco's POV -

After awhile, my tears cease.

I lay in her arms, sniffling, my eyes sore and begging to close due to being so bloodshot. Jennifer's hands are still trailing lightly up and down my back.

The tingling numbness that compresses my mind from all sides soon morphs into anger. Anger that I feel for myself, for the Dark Lord, and for my situation.

Why me? Why did he choose me to do this? There had to be someone else. He's doing this to punish me, and I know it. He's trying to take away the things I love little by little, and if I don't finish the task, he will.

And he's making me do horrible things, and choose horrible things. And now, a girl is dead because of me, and what I've done.

This is who I am now.

I didn't have to do this; I could have run away. But I stayed and did what he told me to do, and now Jennifer is involved, and therefore in danger.

And it's my fault.

Jennifer's POV -

I can feel everything that's been built up inside of Draco for months now being released, all at once. Within the way his head curls into my chest, I can feel his sorrow. Within the way he clutches my shirt, I can feel his anger. And within his tears, I can sense relief.

Something has changed in him. He's been freed from himself, and I understand that the anger and harshness that I've known to be a part of who he is since I've met him, was only present due to what he's been keeping away from the rest of the world; the fact that he is a Death Eater.

I know he was forced into this situation; I know Draco well enough to know that he would never willingly involve himself this much with Voldemort, and I know that he must relent himself for causing so much damage.

After what seems to be a long time, his choked sobs turn into quiet sniffles, the occasional tear drop leaking onto my already soaked shirt.

And then, he goes very quiet for a moment.

Almost too quiet, as if he's suddenly become aware of something, and it scares me.

That's when he rips himself away from my arms, with such force that I tumble backwards.

Shock disables me from any movement as I stare up at him; his eyes are clouded with fury. His chest is rising and falling rapidly, his knuckles whitening at his sides.

"Draco, are you okay?" I ask when I find my voice again, unsure of what else to say. It's too late when I realize what a stupid question I've just asked.

He answers me by yanking a small vase off of a nearby cluttered chest and hurling it towards the wall. It smashes on impact, thousands of glittering fragments spattering against the hard floor. I jolt to my feet and a small shriek escapes my mouth out of surprise and fear.