Safar...A Journey of First Lo...

By dezertroze

#386 Humour 12/5/18 #63 Bollywood 13/5/18 #174 Bollywood 17/6/18 Safar is a simple story about the life of a... More

Safar...a journey of first love...
Sneak Peek
Characters
Chapter 1 - Riddhima
Chapter 2 - The Beginning
Chapter 3 - Friends
Chapter 4 - Rishta (Proposal)
Chapter 5 - I Hate Him
Chapter 6 - Family Night
Chapter 7 - The Meeting
Chapter 8 - Had a bad day
Chapter 9 - Engagement
Chapter 10 - Mehendi
Chapter 11 - Sangeet
Chapter 12 - Shaadi
Chapter 13 - Reception
Chapter 14 - Vivik
Chapter 15 - Break Up
Chapter 16 - Day Dreaming
Chapter 18 - Am I Dreaming?
Chapter 19 - Challenge
Chapter 20 - Christmas Holidays
Chapter 21 - Bad News
Chapter 22 - Revision Revision
Chapter 23 - Valentine Birthday
Chapter 24 - Secrets
Chapter 25 - Armaan
Chapter 26 - Fashion Show
Chapter 27 - Morning Date
Chapter 28 - Summer Holidays
Chapter 29 - Work Experience
Chapter 30 - Get Well Soon
Chapter 31 - Abhi vs Nikita
Part 32 - Don't tell anyone...

Chapter 17 - Pyar ka Izhaar

152 12 51
By dezertroze

..."Yeh kya hain?" (What is this?) she brought her hand from the back and held it up to reveal a pile of photos of herself...

Armaan was completely shocked that she had found the photos and he just stared blankly at her.

Riddhima repeats herself; "Kya hain yeh sab?" (What are all of these?)

There was silence for a while as he stood there thinking of what to say to her; "I'm so sorry..." he helped her to sit down on the bed and crouched down in front of her; "...I think you have the same illness that Kadher Khan had in the film Mujhse Shaadi Karogi...khabi khabi tumhe dikhai nahi deti aur khabi sunayi nahi deta (sometimes you can't see and sometimes she can't hear)...I think you should go to the doctors..."

She stood up and looked at him with a sarcastic smile; he tried to take the photos from her hand but she pulled back.

"Very funny...ab batao..." (now tell me)

"They're photos...if you don't know..."

"I can see that...par meri photos tumhare kamre main...tumhara takye ke niche kyon hain..." (but why are my photos in your room...under your pillow?)

"Umm..." he was speechless.

"Bolo..." (Speak) Riddhima urged him.

"Okay...I'll tell you..."

"I'm waiting..." she watched him closely.

Armaan walked closer to her and she moved back, he walked closer and she moved further back again. Riddhima walked backwards slowly as Armaan walked closer and closer until she hit the wall. He moved very close to her and her heart began to thump hard against her chest and she breathed heavily; he moved his hand up and took the photos from her hand while they stared into each other's eyes...they stood so close to each other for a long time just looking at each other, it was like the time had stopped for them, like they were the only two people on the earth...but not for long...

They were disturbed a minute later by Juhi's voice as she called from downstairs; "Anjali beta you're back..."

Juhi's voice broke their peace and they looked away from each other; "This isn't finished here...we'll speak later..." Riddhima told him.

She moved slowly around him trying not to touch him as he was very close and walked out of the room.

Armaan was left standing there looking at her leaving; he ran his fingers through his hair and smiled; "Mar gaya Armaan..." (You're so dead Armaan) he smiled and his dimple dented his cheek making him look cute.

Riddhima went downstairs and met Anjali and Atul in the foyer.

"Hi dii..." she hugged her sister with a big smile; "...surprise!"

"Ridzi!" Anjali called in surprise; "...Hi...kaisi ho tum?" (how are you?) Anjali moved back and looked at her.

"I'm fine dii...how are you?"

"Main theek hoon..." (I'm fine)

"Hi Jiju...how are you?" Riddhima smiled at him.

Atul gave her a quick side hug; "I'm good...it's so nice to see you..."

"Haan...par Ridzi tum yahan kya kar rahi ho (what are you doing here)...you should have told me you were coming...we would've stayed at home..." Anjali said to her.

"It's okay dii...actually I didn't want to tell you because I wanted to surprise you but I had a lovely day with aunty...and it's good that you got to spend some time with Jiju..." Riddhima teased.

"Tu bhi na Ridzi..." (You're really something else Ridzi) Anjali smiled and hugged her.

"Chal (come) lets go inside..." Atul said.

They walked into the living room and had a general chat, Juhi brought in some snacks and after a while Armaan joined them and as he walked in Riddhima looked up at him but he ignored her. Umesh came home some time later and they spent some time chatting away then they had dinner. They were all sitting around the dinner table beginning to eat...

"Mum...have I ever told you that you're the best cook ever..." Armaan said after he had tasted the food.

Juhi grinned; "Nice try...but aaj ka khana maine nahi banaya..." (but I didn't cook the food today)

Armaan raised his eyebrow; "You didn't...umm..." he took another mouthful; "...bhabi you're such a good cook!"

Anjali shook her head with a smile; "Armaan...maine khana nahi banaya (I didn't cook)...I wasn't at home today..."

Atul laughed; "Jisne bhi khana banaya hain (whoever made the food) ...it's amazing..."

"Kisne banaya?" (who made it?) Umesh said as he looked around the table.

Juhi smiled; "Aaj ka khana...Riddhima ne banaya... (today's food was made by Riddhima) she didn't even let me come into the kitchen today..."

Armaan almost choked on his food and Anjali passed him a glass of water.

"Waah Riddhima...you're an awesome cook!" Atul praised her.

"Thank you..."

Umesh greed; "Khana bohot acha hain Riddhima beta..." (The food is really good Riddhima dear)

"Very good Ridzi..." Anjali smiled.

"Very delicious..." Juhi added.

They all praised Riddhima's food but Armaan didn't; he just carried on eating quietly. When they had finished their dinner Riddhima had decided to leave because she had to go to school the next day and didn't want to stay up too late. Anjali had asked Armaan to give Riddhima a lift home as Atul had a headache and after a little bit of begging he agreed; Riddhima said bye to everyone and they all praised her once more before she left.

The ride home was awfully silent; Riddhima spent most of the time looking out of the window while Armaan concentrated on the road.

They were near the park when Riddhima broke the silence... "Gadi roko..." (Stop the car)

Armaan looked at her but continued driving; "...Kyon?" (Why?)

"Please stop the car..."

Armaan stopped the car and looked over at Riddhima who was already looking at him; "Ab bol..." (Now speak)

Armaan raised his eyebrow with a smirk; "Kya...tumne to kaha gadi roko...ab tum bolo..." (What...you're the one who told me to stop the car...now you speak) he knew what she was talking about but wanted to tease her.

Riddhima huffed; "You know what I'm talking about..."

"Umm...no I don't...how am I suppose to know why you wanted to stop the car...?" he smiled.

"Uggh!" she growled in frustration; "...Why are you making this so difficult?" she was annoyed.

Armaan smiled at her anger; "Okay...okay...I'm sorry..."

Riddhima looked at Armaan quietly waiting for him to start answering questions.

"Thanks..." he said simply.

She was confused; "Thanks?"

"For tidying my room..." he smiled; "...what else do you want me to say?"

"Aarrgh! Tum na (You're)...you're unbelievable...!"

Armaan couldn't help but laugh at her anger; "What?"

Riddhima was so frustrated with his annoying answers; "I'm talking about my photos...who took them...why did they take them...and why are they in your room, under your pillow?"

After so many questions there was a long silence; Riddhima just realised what she had said and went quiet, she looked down into her lap. Armaan looked at her and smiled; he decided it was time that he brought his feelings out to her. He reached out and took hold of her hand which made her look up at him.

He began to stroke her smooth hand with his fingers as he spoke up; "Okay...I'm sorry..." Armaan looked into her eyes; "...ab se main jo bhi bolunga sab sach bolunga...main jaanta tha ke tum kis bare main baat kar rahi thi (from now I will only speak the truth...I know what you're talking about) ...I just wanted to tease you..." he held his ear with one hand as to say sorry.

Riddhima's facial expression softened a little at this gesture and he carried on; "Umm...actually...I don't know where to begin...I have so much to say..." he closed his eyes for a few seconds before starting his confession; "...okay...here goes...I took your photos...at the time, during the earlier functions, even I didn't know why I was taking them...you...you just looked so beautiful..."

Riddhima was in shock to hear this but she smiled and urged him on through her eyes; "When I first met you I admired you but after all the fights and arguments I thought you were so big headed, annoying and stubborn and I know you also thought the same about me...but when I saw you at the wedding...only one thought ran through my mind..."

Riddhima waited to hear what that thought was and through her expression she gestured for him to carry on; "I thought you were the most beautiful girl in the world...you looked so beautiful...I couldn't take my eyes off of you...I just wanted to capture that moment forever and I took the photo...I'm sorry if you're hurt or..."

"It's okay..." she said quickly but didn't know what to feel.

He carried on caressing her smooth hands, now completely facing her and continued talking... "Riddhima..."

Riddhima was so shock to hear him actually calling her name for the first time and her hand twitched in his; he noticed and smiled; "Riddhima...I don't know how to say this but...I can't sleep without looking at your photo...I can't work when you're not around...I want to know that you're alright wherever you go...I think about you all the time...I lo..."

He stopped to think if he should carry on; Riddhima was all smiles; "Go on..."

Armaan sighed; "I think I've fallen in love with you..."

She closed her eyes and took in the moment; there was complete silence as they sat there letting that one sentence echo through them. Armaan took her hand up to his lips and kissed it gently which made Riddhima hold her breath.

She opened her eyes, looked at him quickly then turned away; "Its...it's really late...I think we should go now..." she said looking through the window.

Armaan was confused at her reaction; "Huh...maine itni bari baat kehdi aur...tum ho ke...ghar jaana chati hain (I just said something so important and you just want to go home)...what's your feelings?" he asked her.

Riddhima remained quiet, smiled slightly and looked out of the window; "Please mujhe ghar chor do (Please take me home)...it's getting late..."

Armaan smiled; "Oh I see...playing hard to get..." he nodded; "...theek hain (fine)...take your time..." he let go of her hand, started up the car and drove to her house.

The estate was really quiet when Armaan pulled up outside her house; Riddhima went to open the door but Armaan held onto her hand once more, she turned to look at him.

"I love you Riddhima..." he kissed her hand.

She didn't look at him as she got out of the car and went into the house without turning back. Armaan would've thought that she had taken it the wrong way if he hadn't seen the big smile on her face before she left.

"Oye Hoye...sharma gayi..." (she's gone shy) he sighed to himself and drove off.

What the two of them didn't know was that Vivik had witnessed the entire scene from his bedroom window and was fuming.

Riddhima walked into the house and leaned against the door smiling to herself; she was so happy but still couldn't believe she had heard what she had been waiting to hear for ages. She quickly straightened up and walked into the living room where Shashank and Padma were sitting watching television; they both looked up as she entered.

"Hi mama...hi papa..." she smiled at them both.

Shashank nodded; "Hi beta...how was your day?"

"Bohot acha tha..." (It was very good)

"How's everyone there?" Padma asked.

"Everyone's fine..." she replied; "...okay mama...I'm really tired...main sone ja rahi hoon (I'm going to sleep...good night..."

Shashank and Padma wished her good night as she gave each of them a hug. She went up to her room and threw herself onto her bed smiling widely thinking about what just happened.

"What is going on...everything is happening so fast...is this really true...or am I dreaming?" Riddhima thought to herself; "...Am I really in love or is this just...infatuation...but he makes me feel so loved...and why can I not get him out of my mind...?"

She closed her eyes and let the whole day's events replay in her head; when she had found the photos, when she had questioned Armaan about them, when they were so close in his room, how he had praised her food, the way he held her hand, then the way he had spilled his feelings and kissed her hand; she looked at her hand that Armaan was holding and kissed it.

At the same time her phone rang, she sat up quickly and looked at the unfamiliar number and answered it with a puzzled look.

"Hello?"

Armaan sighed; "Haye..."

Riddhima was shocked at hearing his voice; "You...where did you get my number from?"

"Bhabi ke phone se liya..." (I took it from bhabi's phone)

"Bad manners...chor ho tum..." (You a thief)

"Tumhare liye main kuch be kar sakta hoon..." (I can do anything for you) Armaan told her.

Riddhima was silent; she couldn't believe what she was hearing.

"Chup kyon ho gaye...kuch to kaho..." (Why have you gone quiet...say something)

Riddhima silent for a while then she whispered; "I...like you too..."

"Kya (what) ...why didn't you say it earlier...mere samne (in front of me)..." he asked her impatiently.

"Kyon ke tum mujhe jaane nahi dete..." (Because you wouldn't have let me go)

"Waah...you know me so well...so just like?" he asked.

"For now...just like..." she replied.

"When did you realise?" he asked.

"The day in the park after I broke up with Vivik...you were the only one who was able to calm me down..." she told him honestly.

"Can you say it again?" he pleaded.

"Nahi..." (No) she blushed.

"Kyon?" (Why?)

"Bas...aise hi..." (Just like that)

"Please..." he was almost begging.

"Theek hain...I really like you..." she said very quickly.

"Aise nahi (Not like that) ...slowly...romantically...with passion..."

"Okay...okay...I get the picture..." she said sweetly; "...I...Really...Like...You...Armaan..."

Armaan sighed happily; "Haye...mere naam tumhare muh se kitna pyara lagta hai (my name sounds so much nicer from you) ...for the first time...it sounds much better than...chachundar, you idiot jerk..."

"Woh isliye kyon ke (That's because)...you were so annoying and you use to call me all sorts of names too..." she thought for a moment; "...Ms. Not Interested, drama queen, bhoot, Ms. Gamandhi..."

"Okay...okay...I'm sorry...aaj se woh sab baand...sirf Riddhima...theek hain..." (That's all over from today...now its only Riddhima...okay)

There was a long silence.

"Dinner was really delicious..."

"...Thanks..."

"...Phir se banaungi mere liye?" (Will you make it for me again?)

"...Of course..."

"And thanks for tidying up my room..."

"...No problem..."

"Aur kuch kahogi ya sirf doh shabd main jawab deti rahogi?" (Are you going to say anything else or only answer with two words?)

Riddhima laughed quietly; "Okay bye..."

"Already?"

"Haan...hum kal milenge..." (Yeah...we'll meet tomorrow)

"Okay fine..."

"Good night..."

"Night sweet dreams...I love you..."

"Bye..." she ended the call.

Riddhima got her stuff ready for the next day before going into the washroom to get dressed. She came back into the room a few moments later and lay on the bed thinking of Armaan; she grabbed her phone from the bedside table and sent a text to Armaan.

Ridz: Not fair...mere paas tumhara photo bhi nahi hain... (I don't even have your photo)

A minute later she received a message with Armaan's photo; she looked at it and smiled; "I love you Armaan..."  

________________

Please comment and vote!

This will be the last post for a while  xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

194K 11.4K 71
*status: completed* | Nia Subhash | A 16 year old teen who enjoys life as it comes. She has mother who loves her unconditionally. A father who hates...
223 9 16
Ekansh Singh Rathore Sahiba Kaur Randhawa Shahmeer Ali Khan Zafar Ali Khan Four Best Friends After the death of Zafar. The bond of their friendship...
34.5K 1.6K 43
Varia_nv's first book! Bollywood House❤️{Regular updates} on Wattpad. #1 in Valia (12-9-2019 - 15-10-2019!!)) #1 in Parineeti (8-01-19 until 6-02-19...
1.2K 93 20
Rishi and Parthi who are friends since childhood, who later become best friends, grow up to fall in love with each other. Their story is cute and fu...