Stand-In Bride

Par sweetpeasdiamonds

Gian is a private assassin who needed an escape. So when the famous theater actress Mina Araneta had gone mis... Plus

PROLOGUE: Hey!
One: This will be your greatest escape
Two: I do
Three: What's with the sudden appearance?
Five:You aren't Mina
Six: My husband's ex-lover
Seven: Grab some breakfast and seize the day.
Eight: Smile
Nine: How about a lap dance?
Ten: Will you still consider it fate?
Eleven: Humans bleed
Twelve: I dont want to go
Thirteen: Tell me about your wife
Forteen: At least talk to me
Fifteen: If I'm not Mina
Sixteen: Not today
Seventeen: I'm choosing to be crazy
Eighteen: How can someone desire something so impossible?
Epilogue

Four: You just wasted a great offer, buddy

572 32 2
Par sweetpeasdiamonds

Gian entered the kitchen and noticed the figure beside the marble counter—leaning like a billboard model— Carter Sebastian, ladies and gentlemen.

"You haven't left." she stated more to herself. She didn't even bother to hide her surprise in seeing him. Walking past him to make herself some coffee.

"This is my house..." Carter simply answered walking behind the counter and sitting on a stool.

"Oh of course." Internally rolling her eyes she said that with a hint of fake apology. She is really getting used to the acting, and sarcasm, or maybe that just her.

"We have to go to Miami today for photos." He said opening a newspaper

"Photos?" she chuckled dryly not really amused. "A thousand wedding photos isn't enough, I guess." she said and sipped her coffee. Although the fact of getting out of the house suddenly excites her, half of her doesn't really like the idea of public appearances.

"It's too early to be sassy, don't you think?" Carter asked with not fake smile as he lowered down the newspaper and looked at her. He noticed her face free from anything, not the white as a paper kind of color but the tan she has, her hair tied in a messy bun above her head, and a robe tied around her waist.

"Want to take a picture? It last longer." She commented

"The media needs to see us together." Carter paid no attention to her comment

"For what?"

Carter slid the newspaper he was previously reading to her direction. "There are rumours saying that you and I had divorced or immediately separated after three months of marriage."

"Rumors." the media sure just want to stir the gossip water and Carter don't want to let it pass. On the other hand, Gian wasn't bothered at all. Does that even matter? Celebrities file for divorces even after saying 'I do' so it shouldn't be a big deal. "Let it be. That's what media is all about, isn't it? Just rumors."

"Listen." he said seriously "I know this is not the normal set up of marriage, but we both have our reasons why we are here." To escape, Gian thought looking at the man in front of her thinking about possible reasons why he accepted the marriage. Was it family tradition? Blackmail? Or a debt?

"This might be a hoax, but we have to convince the people that it's not."

The artist game. Gian smirked, "No, we don't."

Whatever reason Carter had I'm marrying Mina, it surely doesn't involve romantic feelings. He married Mina knowing that people believe in her in whatever she wants them to believe. A good actress for a good reputation. Nice game you're playing, Mr. Sebastian.

"The harder you convince people, the harder they'll believe you." She said then sighed "besides, they don't have a solid proof that we separated so no need for drama." 

Carter's face harden but she didn't know why. Although it sparked some joy in her, seeing real emotion than showing her fake smiles.

"On second thought," Gian paused and folded her arms on her chest. "Miami is not a totally bad idea if you wanted to prove to your ex lover that she isn't the only one whose happy now."
She smiled.

Carter's slammer his hand on the counter. His jaw locked as his eyes settled on her with hate. Oh my, did she just hit the jackpot? She can't help but smile at her own little victory.

Oh dear, someone's not over with their ex. What a pity, she thought with a scoff.

***

She changed into her normal day outfits composed of yoga pants and a hoodie when she entered her room. The house is too big for her and she has no problem living in it as long as she has her maids.

She is putting on her rubber shoes when she heard a noice downstairs. Her senses comes at work and she grab a handgun under her bed. She immediately ran down the stairs and went to the kitchen where she last saw Carter. He was not there.

She carefully checked out the window for possible threats.

A crash was heard all of a sudden upstairs. She dashed and stopped at Carter's office door, getting in without noice but a dagger flew at the side of her face which she think was meant to hit her.

Swiftly turning around and ducking, a man attacked her with another dagger. The man stumbled when she punched his family pride. Taking the dagger on the wall she threw it at the man on her peripheral vision who immediately fell. It's been a while when she threw a punch at a real person. She absolutely missed it.

"Bitch." the man muttered before launching on her but she was quick enough to pull her gun and shoot him straight in the face.

Poor carpet, stained with blood.

She knew behind the wall, Carter is there held at gunpoint. She smirked. These guys are ordinary trained fuckers for threats. She put her gun at the back of her pants.

She entered the adjacent room where her hunch didn't fail. Carter is indeed held at gunpoint near the window. His hands in the air.

She would like to shoot him immediately but she wanted a little drama—because why not?

Carter's eyes widen in shock when he saw Gian entered the room. He was working on his computer when some men barge in and pointed a gun on him. Why is she here? She should have run and call for help, he thought.

"We aren't expecting some guests today." Gian stated

"Stop right there if you don't want his head to blow off." The man holding the gun to Carter's temple threatened

Gian saw the fear crossed Carter's eyes. She smiled and said, "A dead man wouldn't be as valuable, isn't it? You don't want that."

Her smile widen when she saw realization crossed in the son of a bitch's expression. What do these fuckers think they're doing? She laughed which caught both attention.

"Tell me, what do you want from my husband?" she tried talking

Carter couldn't understand what Gian is doing but he remained quiet when she smiled at her.

"Nothing."

Gian laugh once again, "Did your boss told you to threaten him? For how much? hundred thousand?" she know her price is right. She's been there. "If I give you triple that, would you let go of him?"

"Bitch."

"That's not an answer."

"Mina, what are you doing?" Carter asked angrily but pleading "You shouldn't be here. Please..."

"You're welcome." she said dryly. "Can't you see? I'm trying to give this guy a better offer." She answered before turning to the man "How about a million?"

Nope, she doesn't need to do the drama. And as she can see, by the man's reaction he was up for the offer.

"You see I love my husband so so much and I don't know what will I do if I loose him." Gian tried to sound convincing as much as possible, but of course without so much first hand practice, it came off as bland as warm water.

"1 million" said the man

"uh huh" she nodded walking towards them and pulling a drawer where the checks are. She moved to the table that separated her from them, picked up a pen and write the said amount to the check. "Here. And do me a favour of not showing your face again." she said handing the check which she wrote.

"Do you think I am that stupid?"

Yes. "Oh please. I'm telling you, you will regret turning down my offer." she said before throwing him the pen she had used piercing it through his eyes, then she pulled her gun and shoot him. He fell with a bullet on his forehead.

"You just wasted a great offer, buddy."

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

16 0 15
One evening, you're invited by your uncle to an engagement dinner for a mafia boss, but a handsome stranger pulls you on stage and reveals that his n...
39.1K 4K 50
"Marriage is like a rhythm of a sinking Titanic. You know it will sink; all you have to do is learn to swim and dance to that rhythm." What kind of p...
266K 10K 51
I was roughly brought into my room and dropped into my bed.I was burning with anger. "Where were you?", asked my mad dog husband."I'm out ",I said. "...
432K 17.1K 30
Arabella never thought she would find herself in a dark alley with a billionaire, let alone end up tangled in his web of lies. When the billionaire o...