Guardian Angelwolf {In Editin...

By bloom_witch101

I was adopted as a baby. For the past sixteen years of my existence, I've been living a lie. I didn't want... More

Prologue
Arrival
WereWolf
The Sign
Waterfall Battle
The Eyes
Wolvenpraire
The Ancient One
Scavenger hunt pt. 1
Scavenger Hunt pt. 2
A Plan
A Plan pt. 2
Kidnapped part I
Kidnapped II
The War
The Aftermas
Reunion
Dark One
Reflections
Senses
The Transformation
chapter 22-Kitsune
Brustarios
The Evil Twin
Secrets Revealed
Too Rare To Freak
Misconceptions
Flame Roses
The Beliefs
Tears
Sneak-Peak Into Guardian : Vampyre
Welcome To Book II

Daybreak

1K 39 1
By bloom_witch101

Chapter fourteen

DAYBREAK

He stepped away from me. The flashlight was still pointed on his face. I tried to swallow my fear and think of something. Anything, that could help me. My mind came up blank.

"I don't expect you to understand, child." He said brightly, grinning all the while.

"You grew up with a family. You never knew what you were, until..now." He continued. Questions bombarded my mind at this. How the hell did he know so much about me?

"You never knew what it was like...being forced to repress your true nature for so long. So, so, so, long. One. Thousand. Years." His eyes flashed at this, and he turned to sneer at me. I involuntarily flinched.

"I remember the day I signed that bloody treaty. All those years ago. Vampires. We were gods. The forests were ours. The animals, the...humans." He whispered harshly.

"Then those Asija people showed up, bringing along their god, lyacon." He turned to face me again, fury clearly etched on his features in remembrance of what happened so long ago. Then suddenly, he smiled eerily.

"You know the story, Peyton Clarke. They've told you, haven't they? We were forced into hiding. Only allowed to feed on animals. Eventually, we left Deregu Falls. There was no point here anymore. Some of us took to the other towns, away from Deregu. Fed on those humans...you see, Peyton, they never included outsiders in the treaty.

However, some us..never wanted to leave. Some of us sat waiting and plotting our revenge on the Wolven kind. You see, an Unblossomed werewolf's blood is especially...vital, to a vampire. It gives us...power. A werewolf who has not yet shifted...when we drink their blood they give us their powers in a sense. They give us the ability to shape-shift into a creature of our choosing. Some vampires prefer bats, some of us prefer ravens. Some...dark creature of the night." He paused for a moment.

"This power allowed us vampires to rule. This power unblossomeds gave us. . .and so, the vampires who've missed their reign, stayed here in Deregu, hiding and waiting in the shadows. Reading the treaty over and over again. Trying to find some loophole. Eventually, we did." He chuckled darkly after this sending shivers down my spine.

"Just a few weeks before you came, the wolves have been finding bodies. Dead bodies, drained of blood. Not just any bodies, Peyton. Unblossomed bodies. They would appear, limbs strewn messily around, for the wolves to find. Our time is here, Peyton." He hissed, and in a flash, he leaped towards me and gripped my neck tightly, lifting me off the ground. My eyes widened in fear as I struggled to breathe. My arms and legs were bound so I was hanging only by my neck as he gripped it fiercely. Heart beating rapidly, he suddenly flung me across the room, like some playtoy.

Some object. I cried out in pain, achieving only a muffled sound since my mouth was wrapped with tape. My body fell harshly against the cave's floor as I winced. Closing my eyes, I tried to block out the pain when my head struck a wall. I could feel a warm liquid crawling down the back of my skull and I tensed up in fear. Oh no. Oh no. Oh my God, no.

It was blood. He could smell my blood.

I whimpered, as he approached me from the other side of the cave. If his eyes could possibly become any redder, they did. He walked with smooth grace, slowly, and carefully, towards me. His face was changing into a more primal expression.

Then he was there. Beside me. Sneering, he gripped my hair tightly. I winced at this again, as he brought his hand to the back of my skull, re-emerging with stained fingers. A shudder passed through me as I stared in horror. He brought his fingers to his lips, tasting my blood.

I was repulsed, as I watched him lick my blood off his fingers, moaning and groaning in pleasure. I briefly wondered how much of my blood he would need. To be able to shift. His eyes flashed darkly.

"I know what you're wondering. You're wondering what exactly that loophole was. How did the vampires manage to succed this time, after a thousand years? Well, I'll give you one hint. It involves a certain someone. A certain someone you know. Someone who is a part of your clan, someone involved with magic." He whispered huskily, bloody breath grazing my cheeks. My mind went haywire, trying to imagine who this person could possibly be.

Someone a part of my clan? Someone involved in magic? I wasn't part of any clan...I didn't know anyone involved in magic. I thought about Raphael. Would he know?

The vampire suddenly stepped away from me, surprising me. I didn't know what to expect. I had thought he was..going to kill me? The vampire began to walk around the room, thoughtfully stroking his chin. My heart leaped with every stroke. I had to think of a way of escape.

Behind me, seemed to be a massive wall of stones and rocks. Possibly the end of the cave. My back touched the damp ones, enticing a sneeze in my throat. I didn't sneeze though. I wiggled my fingers, realising I had little proximity in which to move them, but grateful all the same. Slowly, I realised I could feel small stones in my hand. The vampire turned towards me.

"Do you know your history, Peyton? Did you ever find out who your biological parents were?" He seethed. I suddenly flinched. My parents. I realised I had not thought about them at all since I came to Lakewood. After all, I came here to get away from them. I was angry at them for lying to me, I was angry at my biological parents too, when I heard the story. How the police were chasing a lead and found a little baby in the woods. Me. I was huddled inbetween two wolves. Not only was I angry, but I was hurt. Both of them had hurt me.

Now, I suddenly realised. Those two wolves? My parents left to 'eat' me? Those two wolves were my parents. So what did really happen? I found myself intrigued by the vampire's words. Even though, I knew he was going to lead me on.

He grinned at me, realising the story was flashing through my mind. I couldn't help but feel violated. That vampires were spying on me the whole time. From that day when I first had breakfast at camp. When I saw those eyes in the trees. When I first went to Wolvenpraire, I had the feeling that someone was following me. That day of the scavenger hunt. When I heard the conversation in the woods.

It was a trap. They meant for me to hear it.

"Yess, Peyton Clarke. We know all about you. All about you and your parents...did you know your parents were exiled from wolvenpraire? All because of you?" He whispered. My heart jolted. Because of me?

Suddenly I glanced upwards, towards the grey rocks. If I wasn't mistaken...I was so sure that I could see a dot of light inbetween them! The vampire hadn't noticed but I..was pretty sure. Soon enough, a plan formed in my mind.

"Your parents were powerful mates. They were admired...until their downfall. The first time Wolvenpraire held a camp to raise funds. The first time came a group of scientists, with ideas.." He continued, walking around thoughtfully. My fingers gripped a smooth stone. My heart beat rapidly. I could do this.

"Conspiracy theories of vampires and werewolves...ideas for themselves. They were, how do you say, obsessed with mythical creatures.."

I decided which angle to pull from, still listening to his story.

"They brought their weapons. They brought their technology and chemicals, wanting to examine and prove that these creatures...werewolves in particular, existed, because they were excited at the idea of having super strength, speed, amazing eyesight and the ability to transform one's shape. You see Peyton...they wanted these attributes for themselves. Claimed they could greatly improve the human race.."

I counted in my mind. One. Two. Three. Anticipated which second the vampire would turn to face me again.

"Then, one night, they got their proof. They managed to capture your mother, took her away to their labs. Afraid of exposure the werewolf society hid themselves. They sent no one to rescue poor Auroura.." He continued with fake sympathy. My heart leaped at the mention of my mother's name. It was Auroura? Five....six...seven...

"But your father followed!" He hissed fiercely. Just like I expected he turned to face me. Eyes wide, he let out a piercing screech as the sunlight suddenly streamed upon him. Huge embers lit his skin to flames as he fell to his knees, screaming in rage. I had pulled the stone before he turned, knowing I could never compete with his speed.

Behind me, the light of dawn lit up the cave as rocks began to tumble downwards, loud and heavy like a rumbling volcano. One stone. One stone, had pulled the cave apart. His eyes widened.

"You!! Evil bitch!!" He screeched in torment. I threw down the stone as my hands became free. The sharp stone had allowed me to cut the ropes that bound them. Soon enough, my feet were free also. I watched the vampire, as he rolled against the cave's bed, writhing in pain. It was a sight to see.

How the plain sunlight...could destroy them. I ripped the tape off my lips. Tears were in my eyes as I stood.

"I'll find my parents. I'll find both of them. You? You will be forever alone, now." I uttered, breathing heavily. I didn't wait for him to turn to ashes. Looking over the hill the cave was on, I looked down from the exit at the fallen rocks. If I was careful, I could make my way down. I could escape.

Ironic, I thought, how, after a thousand years, this vampire had never gotten one of those daylight rings Raphael told me about. Looking behind me, I noticed that the screaming had stopped.

The vampire was gone. He had disappeared and in his place were just a pile of sooty ashes. I sighed. I would have wanted to hear the story. Turning back to the daylight, I planned my escape, deciding the best way to move down this hill.

I had only just made up my mind, when I heard a heartbreaking sound, the sound of a wolf's howl. It was deep and soulful, clawing at my heart. My heart beat sped up as I looked over the green forest in fear.

That was no wolf howl.

It was a werewolf howl.

Someone was going down, someone was being hurt. Someone I knew.

It was Raphael.

******

A/N : Oh my Gosssshh!!! So much action! I worked hard on this! Please vote on this guys! All you silent readers, don't be afraid to drop a comment! How was Pey's escape? Was it totally awesome? Bet you thought she was gonna be vamp food!

Please vote, prettty please! It would mean a lot to me! Anybody who comments gets a dedication next chapter! PLEASE VOTE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5K 126 17
I'm a Hybrid. What type of Hybrid? A werewolf, vampire, witch Hybrid of course. I'm apparently a monster. I live out deep deep in the woods. Only ha...
263 15 6
Hi my name is Tera, I am not a normal teenager and neither is my family..... I have a few hidden secrets...
588K 22K 62
A white wolf was a special breed. A witch was respected but also not very common. So imagine the surprise when one girl holds both in one body. Ru...
6.2K 161 18
I was running when it happened. I don't run all the time, just when I feel like it. When I run, it's mostly in the town cemetery, "Angel Ridge". In t...