Stand-In Bride

By sweetpeasdiamonds

Gian is a private assassin who needed an escape. So when the famous theater actress Mina Araneta had gone mis... More

PROLOGUE: Hey!
One: This will be your greatest escape
Two: I do
Four: You just wasted a great offer, buddy
Five:You aren't Mina
Six: My husband's ex-lover
Seven: Grab some breakfast and seize the day.
Eight: Smile
Nine: How about a lap dance?
Ten: Will you still consider it fate?
Eleven: Humans bleed
Twelve: I dont want to go
Thirteen: Tell me about your wife
Forteen: At least talk to me
Fifteen: If I'm not Mina
Sixteen: Not today
Seventeen: I'm choosing to be crazy
Eighteen: How can someone desire something so impossible?
Epilogue

Three: What's with the sudden appearance?

577 35 3
By sweetpeasdiamonds

*3 Months Later*

"Ma'am, miss Michel wants to see you." one of Gian's maids said while she's on her stomach laying on her tanning bed.

"Send her in." she instructed and after a while she heard heels clicking to her direction.

"Mina!" Michel greeted her, though she can see through that perfect smile that she hates her, it didn't stop the girl from paying her a visit or more likely, paying Mina a visit.

It has been three months and Mina hasn't been found. Such a shame to all the detectives who are working on the case. And while Mina is gone, Gian is undeniably enjoying the luxurious treat.

"You always tell me how much you love your pale skin, why change now?" Michel asked noticing her tanning

After months, Gian started getting used to the people "I thought's" and had always found a way to make her own statements.

"Sometimes we don't know how good a change can be until we make them." she said turning and laying on her back. "What do you want?" she ask

"I'm holding a victory party tomorrow for my successful concert last month" said Michel with a smug smile, clearly not concerned if she sounds bragging or not.

Gian wanted to roll her eyes, "Congratulation." she said with fake enthusiasm. After months of knowing the people Mina are around with, she realised that no one actually is real. They're all fake. How can she stand them? Just the presence of them disgust her. Michel is no exemption. Just another bitch who's trying to dig her claws to her husband, Carter. Too bad, Carter isn't around most of the time she's around.

"You and Carter should be there." Michel said

"Ow, honey. I don't know about that. I am flying to Hawaii tomorrow morning and I won't be back until next week." Gian said with a sad voice but she didn't miss the glint in Michel's eyes by her statement. I know what's going on in her mind.

"Oh, so Carter will be there alone then?"

Gian nearly scoffed. Bitch

She sweetly smiled, "Oh no. He'll be coming with me. We haven't had a quality time for sometime now so we might take a break together."

Gian smile as Michel's face fell and hid the annoyance. Can't blame a bitch for trying to be clawing someone else's husband when she think she had the chance.

For the past three months, Gian lived peacefully with random people encounters sometimes. Surrounded by fake people is sickening, but she tried to get along with them just as much as possible. She wasn't expecting Carter to be away most of the time, which is she's also thankful for. She only seen him twice after their wedding, but she's not complaining. She is more than comfortable living alone in their house.

The truth is, she haven't had a proper conversation to Carter because he immediately fled after their wedding. He's busy touring around the world for his business which she doesn't mind at all. By the time he's away, she had learned so much about Mina that she can actually portray her role better. Like now.

She's lying about her trip to Hawaii, but Michel doesn't know that. She doesn't know when will Carter be back again so she had to make an alibi.

When Michel left, she decided to continue sun bathing. This is not as bad as what she expected. Thankfully, Mina quit her stage career before disappearing which made it easier for Gian to slack off and now she's enjoying the private infinity pool they have in their house. She did a few laps before climbing out of the water.

When she got out of the water, she was not expecting a man before her. The face she wasn't expecting to see anytime soon.

Surprise, surprise.

Her husband. Carter Sebastian.

For the past months, she had only a few encounters with him. It's as if she is one of his mistresses that he'll only see whenever he likes to, not that she's complaining about their time together.

Carter Sebastian, is a famous businessman that came from a wealthy family in America. Not only that, but also because of his good looks he's constantly involve in different issues and relationships with famous women.

She respect him even though she doesn't know him that well. She already figured out why Carter decided to marry Mina- simply for business. That gave her hope that she doesn't have to fulfill her wifely duties, and for the past months of not having a proper interaction with him got her past the idea.

What she is curious about is Mina's opinion on the matter. Does she love Carter? Was she forced to marry him? Is that the reason why she disappeared? If the marriage was part of the reason of her disappearance, she has a strong feeling that Mina's father, Gregor has something to do with it.

"What's with the sudden appearance, Mr. Sebastian?" she asked walking to a chair and picking up her robe.

"We need to talk..."

Gian nodded without further questioning and walk back inside the house, Carter following behind. She sat on one of the chairs and motion him to sit. For the past months of studying Mina's life and how she behave, she realise that there's nothing much she should change about her attitude. She seems to be more of a bitch than her as a brat, but that doesn't matter.

Good thing Mina doesn't have much friends moreover a close one.

"Don't you want to get dressed first?" Carter asked

"The fact that you showed up here out of the blue wanting to talk gives me the impression that it's urgent." She answered crossing her legs and leaning back on her chair.

With his reputations with women, Carter doesn't seem to be a playboy, but looks can be deceiving. She can't also call him cold hearted because he's not. To her observation, he's a workaholic that is married and tied to his job. It's all business for him. She can't blame him though, if she handles multi billion dollar companies around the world, maybe she'll be the same. She admire his professionalism that he even agreed to marry Mina.

"We are invited to attend an event..."

"May I know what kind of even?"

"Wedding..."

"Who's wedding?" she asked sipping the tea the maid placed in front of her

"Maricar Lopez" he simply replied

Gian smiled and faked a shocked expression. "The model you used to date? isn't that right? or was she one of your lovers still?" she said with fake curiosity emphasising the plural form

Carter stared at her trying to hide his shock. She hid her smile. Of course, that was hidden to the public, but since she run a background check on him in the LIGHT's database, details like that wasn't a secret anymore. There's quite a few names only on the list of women he actually dated than the list of names that the media released. That's a surprise.

"Anyway, why would you like attend your ex's wedding?" Gian's curiosity is getting real

"Jealous, are we?" Carter teased her with a smirk

"You can say that." Gian simply said without giving much meaning to the word, "Unless you are the one putting on her makeup, I can't think of a much better reason why. Do you mind enlightening me, dear?"

Carter wasn't expecting her straight forward answer. He doesn't know her at all and he can totally tell how different she is from the perfect postured, shy looking woman he saw in the pictures. She's way different. Almost a different person.

"She invited me and I promised to come."

"Is that so?" unsatisfied, she asked with an eyebrow raised before shrugging. "Although I don't see any obvious reason why you promised her that, then we should go." she said "Is that all you wanted to tell me?"

"We will be discussing the details of our honeymoon too." Gian froze which Carter smiled to "Tell me, dear, what's your idea of a perfect honeymoon?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

995K 1 1
Athena is a beautiful girl who is given the chance to get enough money to pay for her brother's study. In return, she will have to pretend to be the...
2M 72K 53
About the arranged marriage to a billionaire's "son".
33.4K 3.3K 24
About: What else do the owner of a mini market and a cook with his own small restaurant, who don't know each other, have in common except that they a...
1.7M 72.6K 70
It's time to fall for cocky, charming, and handsome Billionaire! Or is it? Anyways, life gives you what you never expected out of it in the mess wher...