Her Redeemed Destiny

By Mintessla

Book Two in Her Destiny Series ||| ❝And when the past becomes present; the cost of war is blood.❞ ▫▫▫▫ ▫▫▫▫... More

Introduction
• Copyright •
• Epigraph - Part I •
• Chapter One •
• Epigraph - Part II •
• Chapter Two •
• Epigraph - Part III •
• Chapter Three •
• Epigraph - Part IV •
• Chapter Four •
• Epigraph - Part V •
• Chapter Five •
• Epigraph - Part VI •
• Chapter Six •
• Epigraph - Part VII •
• Chapter Seven •
• Epigraph - Part VIII •
• Chapter Eight •
• Epigraph - Part IX •
• Chapter Nine •
• Epigraph - Part X •
• Chapter Ten •
• Epigraph - Part XI •
• Epigraph - Part XII •
• Chapter Twelve •
• Epigraph - Part XIII •
• Chapter Thirteen •
• Epigraph - Part XIV •
• Chapter Fourteen •
• Epigraph - Part XV •
• Chapter Fifteen •
• Epigraph - Part XVI •
• Chapter Sixteen •
• Epigraph - Part XVII •
• Chapter Seventeen •
• Epigraph - Part XVIII •
• Chapter Eighteen •
• Epigraph - Part XIX•
• Chapter Nineteen •
• Epigraph - Part XX•
• Chapter Twenty •
• Epigraph - Part XXI•
• Chapter Twenty One •
• Epigraph - Part XXII•
• Epilogue •
Thank you
Q & A
• Reviews •
The Third Book ...

• Chapter Eleven •

5.2K 389 176
By Mintessla

"What is it to be human?"       

They never knew what a new day would hold. It was as if the sun would rise and call the challenges to awaken, an interchanging process that kept everyone on their toes. One of the challenges that was ever present was Reeve. 

The she-wolf took a different path after the incident with West, and no one was allowed in the Alpha's House without permission. Reeve spent her days hidden away where everyone knew depression was getting to her. They eventually discussed their concern with Alpha Leon, who in turn suggested an idea to Cassius, and then they moved on it. 

Reeve didn't know the extent of happiness that a human could experience. She only knew the world of dark and twisted pain that elicited hostility from her - forcing her to depend on her wolf's strength in order to survive.  She was oblivious to the simpleness of enjoying life. 

So, the pack decided to show her. 

It was a staged process that they'd decided on - and the first thing included letting Reeve explore the human town. Cassius had the best knowledge of human life and he persisted that Reeve get a new haircut - among other little human things. 

Cassius convinced Reeve to leave her room, and as they ate breakfast privately, he took his opportunity. 

"Hey, how about we explore the human town today?" He queried, grinning at her. 

Reeve paused, her silver eyes confused, "I .. don't like .. humans.

He chuckled, her speech was getting better with every day, "I know that, goof. But, do you really know what their life is like? I used to know some personally, they're interesting creatures." 

Her expression twisted into a frown, "I - don't understand." 

"Finish eating," He winked, "I'll take you, and you'll see what I'm talking about." 

Reeve was suspicious but he could see that he'd sparked an interest, and it was barely fifteen minutes before they were heading out the door. Cassius whistled a tune to himself as he led the way to the car garage. He had high hopes for this experiment. 

"Have you ever driven a vehicle before?" He asked once they were buckled in and pulling out of the garage.  

Reeve shook her head. 

Cassius hummed to himself in amusement, his green eyes glinting with enigma. Reeve watched the scenery pass by with an impassive expression. He eventually turned on the radio, and they drove in comfortable silence. 

As soon as the trees began to clear and human developments came into view, Reeve straightened in her seat, her expression shifting slightly to curiosity. He slowed as the jeep cruised down main street, a few humans walking about on the sidewalks. 

"Odd." He heard Reeve murmur. 

"Odd indeed," Cassius chuckled, "Humans have an odd way of living. My Mother once knew this girl that lived alone in a house not far from here and she must have loved cats because the house was crawling with hundreds of them." 

"Cats?" Reeve titled her head. 

"A wolf's worst enemy." He shook his head, muttering, "I don't know why humans like them as pets. More like pests, I'd say. One second they love you, and the next they want you for dinner." 

Cassius eased the jeep into a parking spot next to the hair salon and then he got out. Reeve meekly followed manner, closely moving behind him like a shadow. He led them into the business and an older lady immediately greeted them. 

"Hello! Welcome to Lynda's Salon, my name is Mila, how can I help you today?" She smiled. 

Reeve watched the woman queerly but jumped when they made direct eye contact and Cassius chuckled, "Its a pleasure to meet you. I'm Cassius. This is my friend, she's rather shy, but in dire need of a haircut. How much would a standard one cost?" 

"Thirty-five. Has she not been around people? She looks jumpy to me." Mila tried to get a better look at Reeve so Cassius stepped aside. 

"You could say that," He mused as Reeve skirted behind him again, "She doesn't like to talk about it."

Mila smiled, "No worries. Come, let's start." 

He followed the elderly woman through the building, a few people getting their hair done stared at Reeve as they passed, and then Mila stopped at an empty chair with a big mirror in front of it. 

"Have a seat, my dear." Mila said, motioning to Reeve. 

Cassius stepped aside, smiling down at the girl, "Its okay, Reeve. She isn't going to hurt you." 

"Sure?" Reeve returned, nervously.

"Positive." He nodded, "You are going to love this."

Reeve hesitantly moved forward a step. She glanced around, and then she slowly lowered herself into the chair Mila was standing behind. Cassius chuckled at how tense Reeve was and he motioned for her to relax as Mila tied a barber's cape around Reeve's shoulders. 

"My my, you haven't had a haircut for a while." Mila clucked her tongue as she leaned Reeve back so her head rested in the crook of the sink, "What kind of hairstyle are you looking at?"

Reeve's eyes nervously danced to Cassius and he shrugged, "What do you think would look best on her?" 

Mila thought about it, running warm water, "Shoulder length with layers." 

Reeve jumped when Mila brought the water over her scalp and Cassius leaned back against the counter, "Relax, Reeve," He instructed, then spoke to Mila, "That sounds great." 

Mila washed Reeve's hair, conditioned it, and quickly dried it. Then, she tipped Reeve's chair back up and began working with the scissors. Mila occasionally commented on how many tangles and unhealthy split ends Reeve had but Cassius was quick to cover it with charm. 

Eventually, Mila pulled out hairdryer and Reeve's hair was dried within minutes. He was a bit speechless at the transformation when he saw the final product. Mila turned Reeve to the mirror, and Reeve's eyes widened as she stared into her reflection. 

Her chestnut hair gleamed like a thousand polished pearls beneath the lights, feathered into gentle layers - as soft as silk. Reeve reached up and touched her hair, her eyes filled with admiration and awe. 

Cassius smiled, "Do you like it?" 

Reeve ran both hands through her hair, tousling it, and then she abruptly stopped. For a second, his heart almost dropped in his chest, but then Reeve glanced at him and he witnessed Reeve's face morph into a genuine smile.

"Love it." Reeve whispered. 

"You look stunning, darling," Mila said. 

Cassius was still speechless at Reeve actually smiling at him, but he eventually snapped out of it as Reeve kept playing with her new hair and he paid Mila before they left the salon. He walked down the street, towards the little café. 

"Have you ever had coffee?" Cassius asked, Reeve distractedly shook her head, "Good, we'll have some now. Just wait, it's the best drink ever invented." 

They entered the café and occupied a little booth by the window. The waitress came around and Cassius ordered some pastry treats and coffee. While they waited, Reeve watched the outside world, fascination growing her eyes as she studied the humans. 

Once their items arrived, Cassius instructed the coffee was too hot, so Reeve picked up a raspberry pastry instead. As soon as she bit into the crispy treat, her eyes lit up with excitement. 

"Is it good?" 

Reeve nodded vigorously, taking another bite. She devoured another pastry, and he saved his own before she took that one, too. She eagerly picked up the mug of coffee, smelling it, and then he grinned as she took a sip. 

He swore that she was going to explode from all the excitement. It was brimming in her eyes, a joy of experiencing the smallest of things, and he was honored to be able to witness it all. They finished their sweets and Cassius led them back to the jeep. 

"Unfortunately, we can't stay for long," He explained as they closed the doors, "But, I hope you had fun. We can always come back." 

Reeve turned to face him, her eyes dancing in joy, "Thank you." 

"No problem," He turned the ignition, "Now, being human isn't all that bad, is it?" 

She thought about it a moment, touching her hair once more, and then she smiled, "Sometimes .. not bad." 

He nodded, "I told you so." 

Reeve rolled her eyes, grinning, and they embarked on their journey back to their territory. He drove about halfway before he glanced at her mischievously and pulled off the side of the road. Reeve glanced over at him in question as he got out. 

He pulled open her door, "Time to drive."

Reeve's eyes widened, "What? I-I can't." 

"Yeah, you can," He nudged her over, scooting into her seat, "Most humans learn to drive at age sixteen, and girl, you are two years overdue." 

Reeve nervously moved behind the wheel, then she glanced at him pleadingly, "Don't .. know how." 

"No one does their first time," He chuckled and then he went through explaining to her all the things she needed to know. She absorbed the information with a face full of anxiety and then he instructed that she pressed the brake. 

The engine revved, and he laughed, "No, the thick one. The thin one is the gas." 

Reeve obliged, pressing the brake, and then he watched her hesitantly shift it into drive. As soon as she let off the brake and the vehicle started to move, Reeve griped the steering wheel in a death grip. 

"Relax," Cassius said, "The only thing its going to do is what you tell it to. Now, gently press the gas." 

His head whipped back against the headrest as the jeep jerked forward, its engine roaring, and he grabbed the dash, "Gently!" 

The vehicle slowed, jerking a little less as Reeve tested the peddle, and Cassius took the opportunity to strap himself in.

"Good," He praised, "Now gently press the brakes to stop." 

Reeve brought the jeep to a gradual stop, glancing at him expectantly, and he smiled. 

"You've got it. Now, take us home." 

He was amused as she learned to drive. At least he could teach her something fun. He noted how happy she looked and he felt proud of himself. He had no idea how Reeve was going to take to his idea but it was luckily a huge success. 

Reeve had enjoyed being human for once.

They arrived at the pack house and Reeve threw Cassius against his seat belt as she hit the brakes a bit too hard, yet, she barely apologized before she jumped out of the vehicle. He chuckled as he watched her run across the yard, jumping up the steps into the Alpha's House - no doubt to tell the others of her adventures.

Cassius reached across and shut off the jeep, then he made his way across the yard himself. He saw a few warriors approaching him and paused with a smile. 

"How'd it go?" One of them hopefully asked.

He titled his head as he heard doors slamming and voices shouting from inside the Alpha's house, and then he grinned at the warriors, "It was something she really needed. I think she's happy, for now, we just gotta keep it going until she understands."

The warriors seemed to sigh in relief upon the good news, glancing at each other with smiles, and then they nodded to Cassius, "We wouldn't have been able to do this without you, Gamma." 

And he thanked the Moon Goddess. 

✙ ✙ ✙ ✙ ✙ ✙

This was an interesting chapter. 

I think Reeve is a coffee fanatic now *snickers* 

Who else wants to just jump into the story? I want to join all this excitement xD

Leave a comment!

(Not edited)

-- 1997 words --

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.7K 2.8K 38
A Spin-Off [Book 6] from Her Destiny Series ||| ❝She never wanted it and yet she was forced to carry the burden.❞ ▫▫▫▫ ▫▫▫▫ ▫▫▫▫ She was shunned by...
790K 21K 50
I'm falling for the Alpha... ... Book 1 |Highest ranking #1 in werewolf - October 18, 2022| Started : Feb. 28, 2017 Finished: May 9, 2017 I#1 in w...
32.5K 2.1K 46
A spin-off from the Rootbridge series. Callie's wolf is out of control and therapy isn't helping her understand the fragments of memories she has abo...
365K 17K 47
Book One in Her Destiny Series ||| ❝And she howled to the moon; for the tragedy of her life.❞ ▫▫▫▫ ▫▫▫▫ ▫▫▫▫ She was blessed with a gift from the M...