Love Bite (Book 2 of the His...

By Rose_Wolf_

(If you haven't read His Alpha Her Omega then go ahead and do so, it will save you a lot of confusion) Highe... More

Chapter 1 Racing Home
Chapter 2 Finally Home
Chapter 3 Safe at Home
Chapter 4 A Great Morning
Chapter 5 worst Case Scenario
Chapter 6 Baby Bomb? The Midnight Pop-Tart Run
Chapter 7 Brothers Back in arms
Chapter 8 The Visitor
Chapter 9
Chapter 10 The Interrogation, and the Unthinkable
Chapter 11 On Alert
Chapter 12 Pure Bliss
Chapter 13 Wake Up Call
Chapter 14 House Call
Chapter 15
Chapter 16 Mate Madness and Luka's plan of attack
Chapter 17 Preperation
Chapter 18 A new pair of hearts
Authors Note: Please Read
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23 Elliot's Heart
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26 She finally Snaps
Chapter 27 Who She Really Is
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45

Chapter 39

834 43 2
By Rose_Wolf_

Previously, on Love bite.

"We'll talk more when we meet."

"Say no more, I'm already on my way."

I disconnect the mind link and head towards the elevator.

As soon as I get back downstairs, Elliot gets back at my side and together we make our rounds in the rest of the hospital.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Now Sophie's P.O.V

Arriving home near dusk, I notice that there're still some Ruby stone wolves in my living room, but not as many as there were this morning. Most of them must've already turned in for the night.

They give us friendly waves as we walk in.

Wanting to hang out with his old pals some more, and possibly keep himself busy, Elliot walks over and sits down on the couch.

Scanning over the room, I spot my aunt hiding against the wall by the house elevator. I walk over towards her and crack a smile.

"Well, seems to me you got home before Elliot and I could."

"So it would seem Little Sophie."

I hug her.

"Did you get Asher taken care of?"

She nods.

"Yes. Suzie came and picked him up a little over an hour ago."

"I'd take it Asher was happy about that."

"Very, he tried to jump into Suzie's arms even though his chest and arms were bandaged."

"Oh my gosh, poor thing."

"Aunt Sherry. Not to be rude or anything, but aren't you supposed to be upstairs helping Shelby"?

She nods again.

"I was, and I am, Sophie. It took both of us to get Ace in the tub. Now Shelby's up there helping him clean up. I'm just waiting for her to link me when they're done. Thought I'd wait down here."

"How did he look when you got him up and walking?"

"Weak. Ace could barely take a step when he was trying to walk, Shelby and I had to do most of the work. He's so weak Sophie, he didn't even move once when we got him inside of the tub."

"Wow, that bad huh. Do you happen to know when he will get his strength back, and be strong enough to leave?"

"Hmmmm. It could be a few months, three tops."

My chest then hardens. Luka's not going to like that.

Deciding to change the subject, I turn towards her.

"So I'd also take it, Uncle's still sleeping?"

"Yes, he is."

"Thought as much."

Ever since the battle yesterday, my uncle has become best friends with their bed. Apart from bringing my aunt a spare uniform, he's spent most of his free time in bed. He and Luka both.

Turning towards me, my aunt's face changes.

"And speaking of sleep Sophie, when was the last time you got some?"

"Almost four nights."

"Four nights. Now look, Sophie, I get why the night before last night, but why not last night? The threat was gone, what kept you up?"

"Oh nothing, just something's up with Luka."

My aunt's face changes again.

"What's wrong with Luka?"

"I don't know, he won't tell me. All I do know he's restless, and he wakes up screaming at random hours of the night. Maybe he's having nightmares or something."

"Do you have any other ideas of what it could be Sophie?"

I nod.

"Yes. I think it has something to do with, Luka being uncomfortable with Ace being here, and that's making him stressed and restless."

"Well Ace was the one who tortured Luka once he was kidnapped, but Luka can't do anything about the situation. Ace has to stay here, at least till he gets his strength back. Regardless. If Luka isn't better by morning, I'll come by and give him a check-up."

I nod again.

"Now, about Luka not telling you what's wrong. I may not know what's going on with your mate, but I do know one thing. If he is indeed keeping something from you, he won't be able to hide it for much longer."

My aunt then pauses for a moment, zoning out into space, mumbling to herself. She must be using the mind link.

She turns back towards me, a guilty look placed on her face.

"Sorry, Sophie. I have to go; Ace and Shelby are ready for me now."

"It's okay Aunt Sherry, go"

She goes in for a goodbye a hug, then pulls back.

"Oh, Sophie. Before I forget, Shelby wanted me to ask you about something. "

"Ask me about what?"

"Well, to put it simply. Ace is in the tub, he needs to change. The clothes on his back were trashed, and he didn't bring any spare clothes. So Shelby was wondering, could she borrow one of your brother's pairs of clothes for Ace, just until we can bring Ace some clothes of his own."

Why not, it's not like those old clothes are ever going to be used again.

"Of course, be my guest. I would rather those clothes be used by someone, then gathering dust in the closet upstairs."

"Thanks, Sophie, I'll go tell Shelby your answer."

"Okay, I'm turning in for the night. Night Aunt Sherry."

"Goodnight, little Sophie,"

After the elevator doors close with my aunt inside, starting to make my way towards the staircase, I'm stopped by Elliot calling out to me.

"Night Sophie."

"Night Elliot, show yourself out when you want to go home and lock the house up."

Elliot nods.

"I'm turning in, goodnight everyone.

"Goodnight Alpha," replies a few muffled voices coming from the living room.

***

Walking up towards our room, I find Luka sitting up on his side of the bed, his head in his hands, almost as if he's been scolded.

Hearing me walk into the room, Luka's body jumps slightly, and he looks up at me.

"I'm sorry Luka, I didn't mean to scare you."

Luka's face lights up slightly.

"Oh, it's just you, Sophie Jane. I haven't seen you all day."

"Yes I know, you've been in here all day."

"I know, and I'm so sorry Sophie. So, what have you been doing all day?"

"Nothing much. Elliot and I just went to the pack hospital, we've been there pretty much all day."

"I'm sorry Sophie Jane, I should've gone with you two."

I nod.

"Listen, Luka, I know something's bothering you. I can feel it on the other end of your connection, even though you deny it. Luka, I hate it when you keep secrets from me."

His face looking saddened, Luka nods.

"So, I'm going to ask you again Luka, and this time I want you to be honest with me. What's going on?"

With a slight shrug, Luka speaks.

"I'm just tired and uncomfortable, Sophie. From the battle yesterday, I'm wiped. Then to top it all off, Shelby turns out to be Ace's mate, now he's on the same hall, and now our house is overrun with Ruby Stone wolves. So yeah, I'm a bit restless."

Maybe that's it, it would explain the restlessness. Maybe He's so uncomfortable, it shows on the other end of my connection. Yes, that has to be it, there's no other explanation.

Snapping me out of my thoughts, Luka stands up from the bed and starts walking over towards me.

Smiling, I take him into my arms.

"Come here. There, there. It'll be okay.

Comforting my mate, I gently rub my hand through his brown hair, down his neck. Passing over a spot on his back however, Luka trembles, his legs shaking slightly.

"Aah," Luka cries out, trying to hold back.

I pull back without unwrapping my arms.

Luka stands there, his face contorted in a wince and his teeth gritting in pain.

"Are you sure there's nothing else bothering you Luka?"

With a sigh and a wince of pain, Luka turns and takes off his shirt slowly.

"Luka, what are you...?

I stop talking dead in my tracks when my eyes land on Luka's shirtless form.

Luka's burn scars, which had been fully healed, have now burst open, looking red and inflamed. Looking over the back of him, I find it pretty much in the same condition.

My God.

From what I can see, the only scars that haven't opened up, are the ones on top of his head.

"Luka? When did this happen?" I ask, examining the wounds more closely, the doctor side of me kicking in.

With a pained look on his face, Luka looks down at the floor for a moment.

"Earlier this morning, that's why I woke up screaming. The strange thing is though, I don't know why this is happening."

"Luka, why didn't you just tell me when I asked you before?"

I feel guilt suddenly swell on his connection.

"I didn't want to bother you," Luka replies. "You had so much on your plate already, with everything going on with Ace and Shelby, and the Ruby Stone wolves, I thought..."

I cut him off, placing my hands gently on his face and looking into his eyes.

"Luka, no matter what happens or what's going on, you'll never be a bother to me. Never have been, never will be. If something's hurting you or is bothering you, don't hesitate to tell me. I'm your mate, that's what I'm here for."

Luka nods, understandably.

I may not be as good of a doctor as my aunt, but I know how to deal with this, at least till morning.

Removing my hands from his face, I speak soothingly, walking over towards our bedroom door.

"Lay down, lay down."

Locking the door, I turn back around to find Luka lying on his stomach, waiting for me.

Speed walking across the main room and into our bathroom, I bend down to look under the sink. I come back up, clutching the bottle of Stella Gel.

Coming out of the bathroom a moment later, Luka lays himself down flat on the bed and relaxes as best as he can.

Throwing the bottle of Stella Gel on the bed, I climb on and straddle him gently, trying hard not to cause him more pain.

Comparing the wounds on his back to the ones on his front, I can clearly tell the ones on his back require the most attention.

Flipping the top open, I open the bottle, squeezing a little bit of the gel on my hand and gently put it on the first of Luka's wounds.

"Aah, Sophie," Luka moans, his body trembling again.

"Shh. It's okay Luka, I'm here. let me work.

Deep down, I know it's going to be another long night for me, but for my mate, I know it will be well worth it.

==========================================

There you go guys, chapter 39. Hope you got your Sophie and Luka fix for this update. I know I haven't had that these last few chapters. I had to split this outline into three chapters, and even though chapter 38 wasn't that long, I wanted to write a down to earth chapter where they could have some alone time. Short, yet sweet.

Now that you guys know, why do you think Luka's old scars to burst open and what can be done to heal them?

 As always to all of our new Emerald Shifters please be sure to keep reading, because we like to watch the numbers go up. Vote, because we love the support. Comment, so that you can give your opinion, and if you find any mistakes, feel free to let us know. Add it to your reading list and library, to stay updated. And share it, to get it out there, Bye guys.

Please be sure to follow the Rose_Wolf_ Author page and like us on FaceBook. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.4K 1.1K 42
Winter, a pack slave, also known as Pseudo wolf by everyone, designated omega. Broken beyond repair and she learned to embrace it. But never in her l...
116K 6.9K 52
Book 2 in the Rootbridge Pack series. You DON'T need to have read book 1 in order to enjoy this. You'll find a plot summary for An Alpha's Alpha (Boo...
574K 21.8K 71
»beginning is rough and quite awful but it gets better as you go along« »book one in the series« When she gets stolen from her wedding, Emerald Vale...
624K 20K 53
Book one in the Legendary Lunas series. Completed. ****************************************** He moved as quickly as a bolt of lightning. Suddenly he...