Ready or Not

Από LEFT_BRAINED_CHILD

"Your mine," I tell her, trying to control my breathing. "As your mine." She whispers back, her sweet breath... Περισσότερα

Ready or Not (Unedited)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chater 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Epilogue
Teaser

Chapter 20

12.4K 371 7
Από LEFT_BRAINED_CHILD

Camille POV

I feel like I'm sinking. As though I was floating and now I'm coming back down to earth. Earth feels like a bed. Its then that I remember I'm in a hospital.

I hear the typical hospital noise of beeping machines and people rushing around outside the room. But I also hear someone breathing heavily a lot closer. I work to open my eyes but get frustrated at their heaviness. Finally I manage to unglue them and get my bearings.

A quick head turn to the left not only reveals an adorable sleeping Austin, but a serious crippling pain in my neck. Austin suddenly pops up from the tiny chair he was folded into and is by my side with a look of concern and is that pain?

"What? What is it kitten? What's wrong? What hurts?" He frantically looks me over for signs of pain.

"Austin-What are you-I never-

"Your in pain." He states. Still trying to find the source.

"Well yeah but I just woke up, I never even said anything. Its just my neck but I'm sure it's nothing." I try and play it off so he doesn't worry.

"Baby never downplay your pain for me." Austin tells me solemnly. Wait, did I say that out loud? He eyes my neck with a huge smile of male satisfaction. "Damn. My mark looks good on you kitten." Oh right I let him mark me. "And I couldn't thank you enough for tying yourself to me for the rest of our lives and accepting my mark." His soft tone sends a shiver down my spine and as he presses his lips to my forehead I feel I zing of electricity straight to my chest.

Your so beautiful kitten and I'm so glad your home safe

What the hell was that? Did they feed me some crazy juice while I was out? I swear Austin's voice was just in my head. But that's not possible. Right? Crap now I'm really starting to believe I'm crazy.

"No Camille you're not crazy. I can hear your thoughts now and whatever other things you send me through the mind link. As mates we have our own separate link along with the pack link."

"Oh." I feel myself relax as I'm informed I'm indeed not crazy.

"Well you are a little crazy." That little comment of Austin's earns him a smack in the chest. "But I like crazy. As a matter of fact I love your brand of crazy particularly." He presses another kiss to my forehead.

"So when can I get out of here then?" I ask, smiling up at him from the bed. He opens his mouth to answer but is interrupted.

"Your actually all clear to head out now Camille. Or should I say Luna." We both look over to the doorway where Doc throws us a wink and then begins writing things down on a clipboard. I feel a blush extending across my cheeks and neck. Luna? I guess now that Austin's marked me it's official.

"How does it feel kitten, knowing you're my Luna?" Austin whispers huskily in my ear and the blush deepens as Doc shoots us an amused smile.

"Austin stop!" I playfully push him away but my voice trembles with anticipation. That damn man seems to know all the right buttons to push.

"All right you two I'll get out of your hair since you look like you could use a little alone time." Austin chuckles clearly enjoying my embarrassment. "You're all set Camille but please be more careful. This is only the second time I've seen you and both have been under my care so lets fix that." He shakes his finger at me.

"Sounds good Doc." I agree with a chuckle.

"Good. Now, your neck will be sore for a few hours but that's normal considering all that you've been through and the other male wolf venom in your bloodstream. Other than that you're good as new." I look sheepishly at Austin and wonder if he knows why I made him mark me so suddenly.

Yes Camille. I know about your little secret. I was so mad kitten when Doc told me what you did. So mad, but I know why you did it. I just wish you had told me first.

I knew you would be upset but Doc assured me it would be fine. Sorry I worried you.

It's okay kitten I'm over it. I had the whole day you were out to get over it but I'm just...I'm just glad your back here, safe in my arms and... god I love you baby.

I love you too Austin. Now lets get out of here.

We both look away from each other and for the first time I realize the doctor left the room. Now I know why mates are always in their own little world. Austin is quick to move to scoop me up in his arms but I notice the sling and refuse to be carried.

"Camille, I'm not letting you walk out of here. You're not well enough. You still need to rest just let me carry you." He argues and reaches for me again but I move out of reach and cross my arms stubbornly. He's not winning this one.

"Austin your hurt too! If I can't walk then you can't carry me. I wont allow it."

"Oh really? You won't allow it? What happened to me being the Alpha?" He raises a brow with a smirk.

"Silly Austin. We both know who the real alpha is in this relationship." I quirk a brow to match his and chuckle at his dropped jaw. He's quick to snap it shut though and his eyes darken giving him a devilish look.

"Oh I'd be more then happy to show you who the real alpha is kitten." Goosebumps pop up all over and a shiver runs down my spine at his husky promise. I still hold my ground even though he makes it really hard.

"Sorry Alpha. If you don't want me to walk, get someone else to carry me because you're not doing it."

"Your going to be sorry for your little temper tantrum little kitten." Austin growls, sending another shiver of pleasure through me.

"Is that a promise?" Damn who is this girl? One little bite to the neck and I'm a horn dog ready to pounce on my sexy Alpha mate.

"Definitely."

..................

Getting from the hospital back to Austin's was the most embarrassing trip ever and definitely had me second guessing not having Austin carry me. But I would never tell him that.

"Damn girl next time lay off those cookies." Jeff drops me onto my bed in Austin's house. Well I guess it's my house too now.

No kitten, its Our house.

Austin's grin is contagious and I feel my face smile too. God were such dorks.

"Okay then, I'll just leave you two weirdoes too it then." Jeff shakes his head laughing. He pats me on the head like a child and punches Austin's shoulder on the way out of the bedroom.

"Thank you Jeff I'll be sure to eat some cookies for you!" I yell out at his retreating back. His hearty laugh echoes in the hall.

"Then don't expect me to be carrying you anywhere!"

"Can I get you anything Camille?" Austin moves to hover around the bed. He runs his hand under my chin and neck before moving his fingers through my hair.

"No. I'm good Austin thank you though." I smile at him and pucker my lips to receive a kiss. He complies, smiling through our kiss then moves to kiss my cheeks and nose and forehead before moving back to my lips.

"I'm just so glad your safe and home and back with me in one piece. You don't even know how worried I was kitten. I was so mad at myself. I'm still mad at myself for letting this happen to you. It's all my-

"Austin no its not your fault. It's that bastard's fault. He wasn't going to stop until he got me, but if it wasn't for you, I don't-I don't even want to think about what would have happened to me." I feel my eyes get blurry with emotion just thinking about the past couple of days. Austin wraps his good arm around my shoulders and presses a gentle kiss to my temple.

"I want you to know that you mean the world to me Camille and I would rather die then have any harm come to you. I promise that for the rest of your life I will protect and love you with mine."

"I know you will Austin and I will do the same for you." I press a hand to his heart, needing to touch him and assure myself its all still real, that this magnificent man really belongs o me for eternity.

"Kitten I don't need protecting, that's my job." He protests with a smile. "Besides how are you going to protect me? Cook them to death?" He chuckles when I hit him.

"I can do a lot more then cook Austin. I'd love to show you what I can do." That shuts him up quick and his eyes darken to a smolder, holding a challenge. "I'm an excellent protector of the heart." My voice takes on a serious tone. "Especially for my alpha mate." His eyes soften at my gentle honest words. "Every once and a while even a big bad alpha needs someone to protect and care for him." I lean up to press a warm kiss where his throat meets his jaw.

"Kitten you need to rest up." Austin chokes out in a husky tone sliding off the bed as if retreating. "And I really need to get out of this room before I do something I really shouldn't." He practically growls.

"Austin-

"No Camille, I love you I really do, more than anything, more than life itself but this is not how I want our mating to go with you tired and sore and me all one armed. Trust me if I stay here we will be mated by the morning."

"Will you at least lay with me?" I plead but he's already shaking his head.

"No, kitten I don't trust myself right now. My wolf and I want to jump you and claim you and-

"I just want to touch you and feel your heartbeat and make sure this all isn't just a dream Austin- " My voice cracks on his name, "I just need you right now. You don't have to sleep here but can you just lay with me until I fall asleep?" He shuts his eyes tight, and I can see him giving in.

"God kitten, you know I'd do anything for you, all you have to do is ask." His eyes finally open and I swallow at the emotion hidden in their depths. He stripes off his shirt and pops the button on his jeans. As he folds back the sheets and crawls in beside me, I fear he can hear my obnoxious heart beating like an eight-o-eight drum. He delicately folds me into him like I'm precious china and I've never felt so safe, protected, and loved then in his arms. He presses a kiss to the top of my head that's tucked onto his chest and pulls my leg up to wrap around him, leaving his big warm hand on my knee running small circles with his fingers.

I love you kitten, I hope you like hearing it because I can't say it enough. Whether your ready or not, you've got me forever.

I love you too Austin and I'm so happy you're my mate. I couldn't imagine being with anyone else and I don't want to.

Your mine.

As your mine.

Austin and Camille's story is almost complete. All that's left is the epilogue!!

Its been fun writing their story and it's bitter sweet to be at the end.

Vote Vote Vote and Coment to let me know what you think!!

Until next time!

XOXO

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

The Hybrid Από Sarah Kay

Λυκάνθρωπος

625K 21.4K 51
I jumped to my feet and punched him in the side. There was hardly an effect. "You're weak" he spat, walking a step closer towards me. I growled as...
Why Him?✔️ Από Reagan

Λυκάνθρωπος

104K 3.6K 27
"What the hell do you think you're doing?" I questioned trying to get out of Tommy's grip as he pulled me down the stairs. "We're leaving." He respon...
768K 17.8K 47
Mia is a sassy girl and a werewolf with an honest heart and, she lives with her father and her older brother, her father is the beta of her pack, Sil...
Hiding From My Mate Από Nusha

Λυκάνθρωπος

2.2M 62.4K 42
"I need to talk to you Elly" "Why?!" "I know that you're my mate" I laughed sarcastically. "What?! Are you trying to make fun of me again like you di...